• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Foot in the door

Hippu

Big Fast
Hi hi, I wanted to give 1x1s a go but don't have a specific thing I'm looking for at the moment. I'm not concerned with the length of posts so much as having something I can respond to that seems appropriate to the moment. Grammar, spelling and punctuation just need to be understandable, I'm not an English teacher. Being a bit rusty at roleplaying and nervous, I hope my partners can be patient with me and find it an enjoyable experience.

Being an adult, it would be best if any partners are as well.
Sci-fi, fantasy, modern or anything else I know enough about to give a shot is good until I find otherwise so if you have suggestions then let's discuss them.
If you have a fandom related thing you'd like to do, ask me. Worst case I don't know anything about it or am disinterested.
Romance is fine but not required.
I've mostly played female characters but I have no problem playing males.
If this gets more interest than I'm expecting then I may have to turn down some to avoid being overwhelmed.

I've been wanting to participate in a SciFi/Futuristic storyline with someone with a location being a colony far from Earth. There are two parts of the colony: the station and the vastly unexplored world it orbits. Newcomers are relegated to live on the station but living space is limited so station personnel pair up the newcomers. The storyline kicks off with my character moving to the colony. Maybe he meets another new arrival?

I have this anthro gorilla that I would like to play as in the storyline, but I've played as him in a variety of stories in different type settings.

I've been wanting to participate in a SciFi/Futuristic storyline with someone with a location being a colony far from Earth. There are two parts of the colony: the station and the vastly unexplored world it orbits. Newcomers are relegated to live on the station but living space is limited so station personnel pair up the newcomers. The storyline kicks off with my character moving to the colony. Maybe he meets another new arrival?

I have this anthro gorilla that I would like to play as in the storyline, but I've played as him in a variety of stories in different type settings.
Sounds like it could be fun. Is the station just to prove it can be done or for a specific reason? How far out from an inhabited planet is the station? Any idea what direction you'd like it to take?

Thank you for the reply.

The storyline is based on an earlier story I was in years ago called "Stardust Frontier". It was something of an attempt to do a space western. I had a different character for this story but who shares some traits with Shane, the character I have in mind. There was no station in that storyline.

For this, the station was how the colony got started while light terraforming was done so the proper colony could get set up. The station does have residents besides newcomers and it serves as a waystation to the planet below. The planet is inhabited by the more established colonists. First come first serve. There is an indigenous populace on the planet and are reptilian. They weren't in the storyline too much since the original storyline took place on the colony far away from the lizard folk or, later in the storyline, neighboring facilities in the same solar system.

The distance between station and planet isn't too far, roughly thirty minutes by shuttle. There is a public shuttle but there are residents who have their own spacecrafts.

Shane knows much about machines and computers. Hobbies include game shows, Westerns, but especially holographic programming. He does have a little medical know how. He moved here because there wasn't much opportunity back on Earth. His adoptive human parents are very eccentric and he was originally created to be an assistant but they grew to love him as their son.

The feel of the storyline, I propose, is adventure overall as there is the need to find ways to make money. Some slice of life at the beginning to establish the setting and characters.

My pacing is relaxed. I'm fine with just a paragraph and as far as posting time, I think at least once a week is fine.

Should you like to brainstorm some more, just sent a PM. I like to discuss storylines in messaging.

Again, thank you.

Thank you for the reply.

The storyline is based on an earlier story I was in years ago called "Stardust Frontier". It was something of an attempt to do a space western. I had a different character for this story but who shares some traits with Shane, the character I have in mind. There was no station in that storyline.

For this, the station was how the colony got started while light terraforming was done so the proper colony could get set up. The station does have residents besides newcomers and it serves as a waystation to the planet below. The planet is inhabited by the more established colonists. First come first serve. There is an indigenous populace on the planet and are reptilian. They weren't in the storyline too much since the original storyline took place on the colony far away from the lizard folk or, later in the storyline, neighboring facilities in the same solar system.

The distance between station and planet isn't too far, roughly thirty minutes by shuttle. There is a public shuttle but there are residents who have their own spacecrafts.

Shane knows much about machines and computers. Hobbies include game shows, Westerns, but especially holographic programming. He does have a little medical know how. He moved here because there wasn't much opportunity back on Earth. His adoptive human parents are very eccentric and he was originally created to be an assistant but they grew to love him as their son.

The feel of the storyline, I propose, is adventure overall as there is the need to find ways to make money. Some slice of life at the beginning to establish the setting and characters.

My pacing is relaxed. I'm fine with just a paragraph and as far as posting time, I think at least once a week is fine.

Should you like to brainstorm some more, just sent a PM. I like to discuss storylines in messaging.

Again, thank you.
Sounds like you have it pretty thought out. I think it's worth a try so I'll try to message you tomorrow if nothing gets in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back