• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Flower Language AU - interest check.

theteaishottoday

cool kid - mobile user
i want to do a roleplay that either takes place in a small town or a college. this is a world where things in your life appear as flowers on your skin.

the au is solely based on the concept of floriography or flower language. [it is INTRIGUING, but i'll only touch base on the history here.] flowers and plants have always held symbolism and meanings. the language is means of cryptological communication through the use or arrangement of flowers. meaning has been attributed to flowers for thousands of years, and some form of floriography has been practiced in traditional cultures across europe, asia and the middle east. interest for the language soared in the victorian era.

i guess the easiest way to explain this universe is through examples.

a regular bloom:
say you like someone but they're crushing on someone else. you become envious so a yellow hyacinth would appear somewhere on your body.

VS.

a soulmate bloom:
say you and your soulmate meet at a party and drunk off of your asses, you start making out. you'll be marked with forget-me-nots on your lips.

unless you are a non-bloomer, then you never gain any flowers and this is typically frowned upon in society.
[ SUICIDE MENTION IN FIRST BULLET ] [ WILL EXPAND W PLOTTING, if i post a thread ]

▪ those marked as first blooms with meanings deemed negative are 20% more likely to experience abuse and neglect and almost 50% more likely to attempt suicide.
▪ those with negative first blooms are less likely to get jobs than those with more innocuous firsts
▪ illegal in twenty-three countries to tattoo flowers onto people (especially those who don’t naturally present them) and a felony to have those tattoos

this is for a multitude of reasons, but a few include: to keep people from tricking others into abusive relationships by
claiming to be their soulmates, faking a positive first bloom if yours happens to be negative or dangerous, general manipulation, etc

▪ though illegal, it is very common for underground tattoo artists to tattoo non-bloomers.
▪ it is unknown as to why people are born non-bloomers.

so like a soulmate au that includes a little bit more. lmk if you're interested !!

What a unique concept!

Are first blooms the only permanent mark or do people become covered in flowers over time? Do the blooms change as the person changes?
And as far as logistics go, how many people are you looking for? Do you have any posting preferences like frequency and length?

Thanks in advance!

First blooms are a permanent mark, other blooms cover people over time. Regular blooms [ and soulmate blooms ] can fade but it's not very common. there are factors as to why they fade and those would be: it's old, it no longer defines you and it no longer concerns you. As for people i guess i'd be looking for about 4 negative blooms, about maybe 4 positive and maybe one or two non bloomers??? Posting preferences is to at least be able to handle 2-3 paragraphs at the bare minimum?? I really love 4-5, but understand if that's too much. I don't mind about frequency, but try to be active. Post at least once or twice a week, unless something is preventing you.

Lmk if you need more explanation and sorry i took so long to respond. ^^

First blooms are a permanent mark, other blooms cover people over time. Regular blooms [ and soulmate blooms ] can fade but it's not very common. there are factors as to why they fade and those would be: it's old, it no longer defines you and it no longer concerns you. As for people i guess i'd be looking for about 4 negative blooms, about maybe 4 positive and maybe one or two non bloomers??? Posting preferences is to at least be able to handle 2-3 paragraphs at the bare minimum?? I really love 4-5, but understand if that's too much. I don't mind about frequency, but try to be active. Post at least once or twice a week, unless something is preventing you.

Lmk if you need more explanation and sorry i took so long to respond. ^^
Thank you for the information! This is such an interesting concept. I've been brainstorming a roleplay in which the language of flowers also plays a significant role, though it's not nearly as fanciful as this one.
Anyway, the group you're looking for is a little too big for me so I don't think I'll apply. If you decide to run with a smaller group, please let me know! Best to you all!

I could definitely shorten the numbers

What size were you thinking?
I prefer groups of 4-6, personally. But please don't alter your expectations on my account! If you want a 10-person group, power to you. The big groups are just not quite my style. (:

I just wasn't sure on how much we needed, i'm v new to rp on this site, so i wasn't sure the expectation for a group. 5 will definitely work for my format [ 2 +, 2 - and 1 non bloomer ] and it's much more manageable!! So i see where you're coming from!

thats a pretty cool idea. <3
giphy.gif

This is a very interesting idea. I've seen similar concepts, but never one using flowers. I can't promise an application for participation (as I don't want to end up spreading myself too thin), but you can count me as interested. :xFsmile:

I love this idea! It reminds me of the comic Late Bloomer, but it's really just the soulmate bloom. I'm super new here but I'd be interested in submitting a character as well. :)

I'd be extremely interested in this!!
25947a1f2dfc18cb063d42656ba6c12c.jpg

100% down for this if it's still open ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back