• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fire Emblem: Legends of Auxereilla needs characters!!

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hey guys, Kyero here!

As a longtime fan of Fire Emblem, I have crafted a very hefty RP based on the franchise. The RP follows a healthy mixture of features from throughout the various games with the emphasis on keeping balance among characters and entertainment value in an RPG style RP as the focal points.

The RP has begun, but there is always room and time to add new characters (as is normal for FE anyway)!

The world we're playing in is of my own design, and not a copy of any previous Fire Emblem world map used in the games. None of the original games are canon to this RP, making it an entirely new experience for veterans and newbies alike.

I have created a comprehensive list of classes, their respective growth rates, average level caps, and stat caps (which you can customize to a small extent to suit your character's particular characteristics and style), all viewable at the following page: Mechanics.

Also on the Mechanics page provided above is a rundown of the methodology of leveling up our characters and how the mechanical stats translate to real human growth and development in the RP. Other important factors presented there are a rundown of how gaining EXP works, descriptions of the Laguz tribes, how Magic works, and finally a list of items and skills which can be used in the RP (both of which will be added to as we progress)!

So that's the Mechanics page!

The Settings and Locations has a comprehensive listing of the different nations on the world map which is provided in the Gallery/Maps page. Each nation is slightly different from the next, and has a different set of occupants, cultures, views toward others (especially Laguz), and more.

Character creation is a bit complex, but if you're a fan of Fire Emblem it should be well worth the effort to create them as the franchise hasn't ever let you do so to this deep of an extent. Many of the same basic elements of more common Character Creation mechanics apply here, but the additions which FE provides are a class choice, growth rates, starting level (1, obviously unless you come in late and need to balance with the rest of the cast in which case you'll get another, more fair level to start with), and starting stats. Also there is an equipment spot in the Character Skeleton dedicated to what items you begin the RP with. I'm usually not too picky with them, but it would behoove you to ask me what's okay to start with and what is not if you get confused or are worried that I won't like your item choice.

Thank you for your time, and I hope to see some new faces soon!!

~ Kyero

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there Kyero! Just wanted to say that I'm interested and that I like the explanation you have for the rather complicated character stats. Is there a particular fire emblem game you want to base the rp off of?

[QUOTE="Aura Of Twilight]Hi there Kyero! Just wanted to say that I'm interested and that I like the explanation you have for the rather complicated character stats. Is there a particular fire emblem game you want to base the rp off of?

[/QUOTE]
In fact I am not going to base the RP on any specific game, but rather take what the (potential) group of players decide would be the best combination of characteristics from all the games. I will be setting up a method for conversation between those who are interested via a (relatively) private online real time chat pad so we can discuss at length which traits from which games would be best suited to an RP environment.

And the stats are much more simple than I made them sound, but I will try to explain in a better way.

Traditional Fire Emblem stats are as follows: HP, Strength, Magic, Skill, Speed, Luck, Defense, and Resistance. These stats translate to real world human traits, which is how I'll be treating them for the RP's purposes.

HP is your stamina, or your ability to last during a confrontation and how quickly you do or do not run out of breath.

Strength is obviously your physical strength, allowing your character to wield heavier weaponry without any kind of penalty to their mobility or agility in the field.

Magic, not much need be said. The higher this stat, the stronger your magic is.

Skill relates to your actual skill with your chosen weapon. For sword wielders, as an example, your Skill stat will translate to how accurately you position your blade to parry blows or let them slip by and cut you. It will also determine how effective your strikes are, how precise they are, and how much control over the weapon you have relative to your opponent.

Your speed is your agility in the field. Your ability to move quickly around the battle space, your speed using your weapon, etc.

Your luck is probably the one stat I will remove from the RP as it's not a real world human trait so much as it is a concept crafted by the human mind to justify miraculous or "lucky" happenings. I haven't decided this yet. If someone can come up with a good argument and a way to utilize this stat realistically then I will consider keeping it.

Defense is how physically tough your character is. How many times can they get punched before they go down? How many hits from another weapon can they take before biting the big one? Etc.

And Resistance is how resistant to magic your character is. The higher it is, the less magic affects your body.

When it comes to the numbers used in the games, we'll be using them on the side to calculate how well your character develops physically in the field during the course of the RP. So when a character levels up their HP, it means that they managed to increase their stamina to fight longer and they won't lose their breath as quickly. When their strength goes up, it means they naturally grew a bit stronger from their experience and will now be able to wield their weapon that much faster, more easily, and with more efficiency. Etc, etc.

The finer mechanics of actually keeping track of your stats are easy to follow as well, so here's an example:

My class is a Hero, and my growth rates are as follows (and I'm omitting Luck):

HP - 60%

STR - 55%

MAG - 5%

SKL - 60%

SPD - 50%

DEF - 40%

RES - 10%

I will use a random number generator to find out which stats level up this round when my EXP reaches 100/100 (which will basically be a given after every battle we have).

Using this random number generator, I can generate 7 random integers using a range of 1-100. When my HP is 60%, anything 1-60 means a successful level up for HP. 61+ means I failed to raise it that level up.

My 7 random integers came out in order as 66, 7, 1, 97, 98, 83, 38. Matching those integers up with my growth rates shows that the only stats which went up are my Strength and my Magic. Not exactly ideal for a Hero, but that's what I got and I am sticking to it.

That was for one level up.

If I do the same thing and generate 7 new random integers for a new level up later in the RP, I got 7, 26, 11, 10, 70, 92, 23. This means that this time around my HP, Strength, and Skill went up. Much better for a Hero character class.

Making sense?

[QUOTE="The Akolite]Ill join

[/QUOTE]
Glad to see you are interested.

To those who are interested, this is a link to the page where I would like to hold conversation with all of you regarding how we will construct this RP in a way that we can all enjoy it. Since FE is inherently a single player game and doesn't normally fit with an RP environment, I want to ensure that everyone has their say in how the RP is played and how the mechanics of it function.

See you inside! Chat Page!

im interested too,im thinking of going for somethign like a mercenary or a barbarian,because berserkers are just awesome

Same. I have a few ideas for characters, but it'll probably be a few days before I get something posted.

Indeed, I am quite torn on what classes to pick.

If anyone is looking to play a princess or prince (if that's allowed I haven't fully read it up yet) I'd love to play their protector/Jeigan! :3

Black Masquerade] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/3902-kyero/ said:
@Kyero[/URL]
Also is it okay if I make my character an actual prince (not the class)?
The classes of Prince and Princess are for exactly that purpose, so go for it.

bah, may aswell check this out. While I only have experience playing the newest game, I have researched into the universe and of course the many various classes of the past games, if you'll have me I'd be happy to join in. I'll certainly be doing much more research if you agree to let me in.

Orikanyo said:
bah, may aswell check this out. While I only have experience playing the newest game, I have researched into the universe and of course the many various classes of the past games, if you'll have me I'd be happy to join in. I'll certainly be doing much more research if you agree to let me in.
By all means. In fact, having played Awakening makes you that much more ready for the RP as most of how this RP works comes from Awakening.

Bumpeddybumpbumpbump!!

@Kyero ah wonderful i shall get to the page and read up then, but what class I wonder? oh theres so many choices, its great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back