• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fire Emblem: Anamnesis

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
"We're just no one..." The one in charge says a bit nervously. "No one important. Just a bunch of travelers, right?" She says, looking at the others.

Most of them look at the mage and then nod in agreement, as well as murmuring a few things as well.
"Yes."
"That's right."
"How'd they find us?"
"Just travelers."

...and Bandits? "We haven't seen anyone else but you around, so would you kindly be on your way...?"

Agent Agent
"Hold on a second." Dingo steps forward tentatively, aware of the nervous grip the people have on their weapons. There was something he wanted to try.

"We're just a travelling group of mercenaries and bandit hunters," the sniper lied. "Just passing through the nearby villages when some of the townfolk started letting us know about a group of people wearing purple in the area. Said they would appreciate us taking a look, so here we are. Do you mind if I ask what you guys are doing just off the road?"

official clown business official clown business eldorado eldorado
The mage's expression changes from nervous to frustrated pretty quickly. "It's none of your business! And don't lie to me- I know you're soldiers!" She points to the injured Theo. "That guy looks like any other soldier!"

All of strangers started to take a few steps back. One of them covertly moved their foot behind them, as if to flee. Though some looked ready to move forward.

Agent Agent official clown business official clown business
Vianna walks forward while pointing at Theo and Dingo. "Technically, they're soldiers. I'm just a bounty hunter who specializes in killing people. Not only am I really good at my job, I rather enjoy it too." She eyes the people looking as if they were going to charge. "So, if you are ready to die today, go ahead and try me. Otherwise, we can all just have a nice chat."

Agent Agent NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
Despite the mage's counter-threat, Dingo was not swayed at all. "Listen up, fool. We did not come here to fight you, but we're more than capable of defending ourselves, so don't even try it. You're right about the cavalier being a Rigelian soldier, but that shouldn't change anything."

Dingo's right hand casually began to rest itself on his bow, and he silently motioned for Theo to ready himself as well before continuing.

"In fact, we're starting to become a little suspicious as well, but we can clear everything up and go on our way as long as you cooperate. So let's just put our weapons away and talk this out, alright? How does that sound?"

Agent Agent official clown business official clown business
"Why does everyone say that's a threat?" Vianna asks, confused. "Saying that we want to have a peaceful conversation, but I will kill you if you attack me, is not a threat. Warning, sure, but not a threat." She sighs as her arms flop to her side as she starts mumbling to herself. "Maybe I should learn how to talk to people. They never teach you about talking..."

[Not pinging anyone in specific, as this is more or less just inner monologuing]

This was not quite what Holly had expected. She had seen these absolute strangers walk in right before she was given a chance to even have potential for answers. Disappointing? Quite a bit. She just hopes she can get through this alright, but... She's growing increasingly tempted to just bail. She's so out of the loop that she's not even certain she's necessary here anymore. The people seem threatening, but at the same time, they're more willing to listen than her current leader.

So for the moment, Holly just stays quiet as she watches. She's got a tome readied in case fighting breaks out, though.

Chapter 2: Battle
eldorado eldorado official clown business official clown business NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
"Enough! We're done speaking. If you won't leave, then we'll have to remove all of you BY FORCE!"
The mage fires a light bolt at the team, targeting no one in particular. However, it's a wild shot and misses, but nonetheless, they back up a bit.

"Don't let them live! We can't have any survivors!" From all around the group, more enemies appear and they seem very serious about carrying out the mage's orders. "Maide! Go get reinforcements, and make it fast!" She yells to the myrmidon in red, who gets the message and flees.

Looks like fighting will be the only way out of this encounter...

You can also click Phase images for phase change sounds! Assuming I add them of course.

Items marked with an asterisk* are dropped when the holder is killed.
oD7s2Zc.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv3, 21/26 Hp, 10-3 Str, 7-3 Skl, 7-3 Spd, 8 Lck, 8 Def, 1 Res
    QYFC5O1.png
    Lv1, 37/37 Hp, 18 Str, 18 Skl, 16 Spd, 13 Lck, 12 Def, 7 Res
    OFQDvTL.png
    Lv3, 27/27 Hp, 4 Str, 11 Skl, 11 Spd, 8 Lck, 5 Def, 5 Res

Last edited:
Agent Agent official clown business official clown business eldorado eldorado
"Don't say I didn't warn you!" Vianna yelled, grinning. "Hey, soldier boys, keep that spear guy off me, and I'll keep the axes off you. Deal?" She then charged forward.

>Move to D8
>Attack Bandit at E8

(6 Spd over bandit means two attacks. 111 To Hit - 11 Evade - 20 tile + 15 Weapon Triangle = 95 to hit)

(After roll: 2 hits with 10 dmg + 1 Weapon Triangle - 5 Def - 1 tile = 5 damage per hit, 10 damage dealt total)

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
"Alright, let's see..."

Dingo was considering a plan. He wanted to show the cavalier how effective good a good strategy would be on the battlefield, and this was the best way to start.
"That's a bit of a risky move, Vianna... but I think I can have Theo draw some of the attention away from you. It's time to send him over to the road."

While Dingo heads over to support Vianna's position, he orders Theo to ride all the way over to the road, provoking the soldier and the warrior in the process. Even strangers like these would be sure to anger once they heard about Theo's superior divine favor or the enemy's lack of honor. Surrounding them with numbers like these? These opponents were no better than bandits if they were using such cowardly tactics.

QYFC5O1.png

>Move to D9
>Wait

witr6yu-png.506829

>Move to I10
>Provoke!

eldorado eldorado official clown business official clown business NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
Vianna is the first to move, and her sword strikes are quick and efficient. Her attacks connect with the warrior, whose accuracy is no match for hers. -5, -5. (+9)
Dingo orders Theo to ride over to the road, provoking some of the nearby enemies in order to keep the risk at a minimum. Hopefully it works out!

The enemy soldier dashes over to the forest and sends a spear stroke against Theo, though it does little. -3.
Theo's having a hard time focusing and he can't return the attack effectively! (+1)
Unfortunately, that's not the last of them. The warrior wants to test her axe against the cavalier as well, and it opens up the wounds again. -9.
Once again, Theo's spear only finds air. He just can't manage to hit these enemies right now! (+1)
Spear Rank increased! Now Theo can use slightly stronger spears once he acquires them.

Vianna is faced with a myrmidon. She knows the enemy's techniques and she can deal with a hit or two. -4.
It's easy enough for her to strike back and land a hit, but this girl is too fast for her to try a second one. -9. (+11)
It's the enemy mercenary's turn to go. He steps into the forest, but swings his sword wildly. Easy to dodge.
It's also the mercenary's turn to get hit twice by Vianna, and the woods aren't enough to protect him. -6, -6. (+10)

Aside from the angry spellcaster in the fort, there is a mage in blue, and she seems to stand out from the rest. Unlike the enemies, she would rather avoid fighting if possible. She moves over to heal the mercenary's wounds completely, hoping none of the three strangers will attack her afterwards. +13 Hp.

Looks like the situation might be tricky, but...
BUKevHD.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv3, 9/26 Hp, 10-2 Str, 7-2 Skl, 7-2 Spd, 8 Lck, 8 Def, 1 Res
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    Lv3, 23/27 Hp, 4 Str, 11 Skl, 11 Spd, 8 Lck, 5 Def, 5 Res

Last edited:
Agent Agent official clown business official clown business eldorado eldorado
Well, crap. Theo was too good at his job and got himself surrounded. So was Vianna, but at least she didn't have a disadvantage against the enemies. The only way to Theo was through the people here.

>No movement.
>Attack Enemy at D7

(111 to hit - 21 Evade + 15 Personal Skill = 105 to hit. Unsure if the enemy has the skill that adds 10 to evade when attacked, so rolling to hit)

After Roll
(10 damage - 2 defence +1 Personal Skill = 9 damage)

Dingo doesn't need to tell Theo to use his vulnerary, but he orders him to hold his position as he does so. There's no telling when the reinforcements on the road will arrive, and he doesn't want him getting cornered.

witr6yu-png.506829

>No movement
>Use Vulnerary

Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
However, there was also the problem of the healer. While the rest of the enemies seemed dead-set on killing the trio, the blue-cloaked mage appeared quite reluctant to attack. But she was still healing the others, which would allow them to keep fighting for longer. Since she didn't appear to be a direct threat at the moment, however, Dingo decided it would be a good idea to get her to surrender.

QYFC5O1.png

>Move to F7
>Talk to Holly

"Hey! Why are you attacking us?" Dingo asked the mage as he approached slowly. In order to avoid appearing threatening, his bow was left at his side without any arrows nocked.
"We've only been sent to take care of bandits, but now we're fighting a group of people I've never seen before and I was hoping to avoid that kind of headache on the road. I really don't understand why we're trying to kill each other right now."

official clown business official clown business
Holly had glanced over at the myrmidon, ready to raise her staff to heal again, but the voice around her made her turn around with a start. Clearly she was still feeling threatened for a few moments, but she's definitely starting to calm down a little bit after a moment to collect her thoughts.

"...I'm... I'm only following the orders I'm given by the other mage here." She responds, shakily pointing her staff fortwards. "Just... Please don't hurt me. I'll try and make it up to you if you don't."

"Alright," was Dingo's reply. "We aren't going to hurt you, but if the others are going to attack then we have no choice but to fight."

Something occurred to the sniper as he finished speaking. Was she really only following orders?

"Is there a reason that mage wants you to fight us, or are you just blindly doing what you're told?" Dingo wondered. "You didn't seem to be in as much of a hurry to shoot us with spells, either, so I wonder if you know what's really going on."

official clown business official clown business
"...That's... I've been trying to ask, but they kept putting it off, and then you guys walked into this area, and so now I'm just here without any sort of reason why I'm fighting besides him wanting us to fight." Holly mumbles in response. "I don't know anything more, and even if I did, telling this to someone I just met sounds... strange, you know? I know, I'm paranoid, but at the same time, you feel more trustworthy than he does..."

There's a few moments of silence as she tries to figure out what to say next.

"...I suppose I should start on that promise I made, since you said you wouldn't attack me... I can do a proper introduction later, but my name is Holly." And with that, she walks off. Specifically, over to H8 and, after a moment of self-reassurance that she's going to the right path, casts Lightning on the H10 Warrior.

(I've been told that Dingo can still do an action proper, if he wants to shoot anyone. Agent Agent can confirm.)

(calculations edit since i'm tired and forgot to do that: 95 + 18 = 113, 113 - ((5 x 2) + 1 = 102, autohit; base crit is 4 + 9 = 13, -1 = 12% crit)

Last edited:
"It's Dingo," the sniper introduced softly, but Holly was already on her way. "Unbelievable. She doesn't even know why she's here. What in the world is going on?"

Dingo would have to dwell on this later. For now, there were enemies to deal with. If he had to convince the enemy leader with his archery skills, then so be it. The mercenary would be the first to fall to his arrows today.

>Attack Mercenary at E8
(Silver Bow | hit: 97% damage: 21)

Looks like Theo has no choice but to restore his health with a vulnerary. +12 Hp.
Vianna proves her superiority by besting the myrmidon with a single strike. -9. (+44)
Level Up! Hp +1, Str +1, Spd +1.
Dingo manages to convince the mage to join his side. It seems she does not believe in her leader anymore.
Afterwards, he convinces the mercenary to drop dead by shooting him with an arrow. -21. (+4)
Sweet, he was carrying a Vulnerary on him!
Holly's first act of defection is to launch two bolts of lightning at the warrior. It only takes two hits to bring her down. -9, -9. (+40)
The warrior's silver axe is completely intact, and Holly feels compelled to pick it up.

The soldier immediately realizes Holly has defected and moves in for the attack, but he misses the mark. (+1)
The other warrior also notices an opportunity to strike. She throws her hand axe over the peak, hitting the mage pretty badly. -11.
This time, however, Holly is able to return fire with two well-aimed bolts of lightning. It isn't enough to kill the warrior though. -9, -9. (+11)

The rest of the enemies hold their position. They must be waiting for an approach, or perhaps their reinforcements.

At the start of the round, Holly recovers 2 Hp.
After bringing Holly onto the team, things have never looked better!
lycYyrt.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv3, 21/26 Hp, 10-1 Str, 7-1 Skl, 7-1 Spd, 8 Lck, 8 Def, 1 Res
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    Lv4, 23/28 Hp, 5 Str, 11 Skl, 12 Spd, 8 Lck, 5 Def, 5 Res
    siLoMYR.png
    Lv2, 16/25 Hp, 7 Mag, 8 Skl, 9 Spd, 4 Lck, 4 Def, 8 Res

Last edited:
NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
"Perfect," Dingo said. "We've had a bit of a rough start, but we should be able to deal with the rest of the enemies just fine. I think Theo will be able to fight the reinforcements on his own, so let's take care of these two and then move on."

This time, Theo will head to the forest above him to prepare for the incoming enemies while Dingo draws out the soldier with his javelin. He puts his bow away and steps into a forest, waiting for the attack.

Actions:
QYFC5O1.png

>Move to C7
>Unequip weapon

witr6yu-png.506829

>Move to I9
>Attack Soldier

(hit: 94 dmg: 16 crit: 2)

Last edited:
Agent Agent
Vianna does notice that the enemy Dingo talked to is now fighting for Rigelia, but she is too focused on the fighting to make an introduction.

>Move to E6
>Wait

(I automoved Holly this round. But there is only one thing she can do...)
Theo takes a defensive position in the forest, dealing with the enemy soldier in the forest. This time, he's in perfect shape for it! -16, -16. (+36)
The soldier managed to hit him back in between the blows, but it was nothing special. -2.
Level Up! Hp +1, Str +1, Lck +1, Def +1, Res +1.
The enemy warrior is quickly finished off by Holly, and the death of a second enemy should have definitely convinced the others of her defection now. She's definitely on Rigelia's side for the time being. -9. (+44)
Level Up! Skl +1, Spd +1, Lck +1, Def +1.
Dingo and Vianna move in to lure out the other soldier, with the sniper shouldering his bow so he doesn't end the action too soon.

The soldier advances and attacks Dingo with a well-aimed throw of his javelin, but landing a hit is virtually impossible. Why even try? (+1)

"Hold on, Namura! I'm coming to you!"
Suddenly, the myrmidon known as Maide reappears with a couple reinforcements. Well... there weren't as many as expected, and they have to deal with a powerful cavalier. They must've been hoping someone else would be waiting for them instead.

At the start of the round, Holly recovers 2 Hp.
Are these reinforcements just a good chance for Theo to show his strength?
TsQKd3B.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv4, 19/27 Hp, 11 Str, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 9 Lck, 9 Def, 2 Res
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    Lv4, 23/28 Hp, 5 Str, 11 Skl, 12 Spd, 8 Lck, 5 Def, 5 Res
    siLoMYR.png
    Lv3, 18/25 Hp, 7 Mag, 9 Skl, 10 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 8 Res

Shoot, knew I forgot something today...
Seeing Vianna head off to the right, Holly decides to head leftwards instead. She heads to C5 and Casts Lightning on B6 Soldier.

(Holly's base hit is 115, subtract enemy's evade for only 113 aka autohit, deals 10 damage a hit. As for the Soldier, they have 69 base, minus Holly's evade for a meager 44 base hit. Not sure if I should roll for the enemy or not, but I'll do it this time.)

Agent Agent
No reason for Theo not to wait for the enemies to come to him. He had everything in his favor this time around.

While the rest of their team had their hands full with the enemies, Dingo decided it was time to have a chat with the leader. She might be ready to surrender after seeing how badly outmatched she is.

witr6yu-png.506829

>Wait
QYFC5O1.png

>Move to E4
>Wait
(also, boss conversations)

"You must be Namura," Dingo began. "You didn't make the smartest move attacking us, but we don't need to keep fighting. If you surrender right now, you might have a chance to learn from your mistake."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back