• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fire Emblem: Anamnesis

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
eldorado eldorado official clown business official clown business NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
Not too much happens this time around, but Theo is about to get surrounded again. This time, he's definitely okay with it.
Holly makes short work of the soldier, beginning with a lightning strike. -10.
The soldier manages to get a good hit onto Holly with his javelin... -5.
... but a second lightning strike brings him down without issue. That's the end of that. -10. (+40)
What's this? A javelin? It might be worth keeping, since that cavalier could make use of it later...

"You ignorant brat! Killing me won't save you from the others!"
After Namura responds, she launches a bolt of lightning, but Dingo simply sidesteps the magic attack. (+1)
It seems the mage will not surrender at any cost, and she is willing to give up for life for some unknown reason.

"I won't let you hurt my friends!"
Maide quickly runs around Theo, striking from the plains far from her original position. But it's a miss.
Theo responds with a spear stroke, dealing a serious amount of damage. -17.
However, Maide's second strike is a success, and Theo suddenly begins to feel ill. -3. Theo is poisoned! (+10)
The other myrmidon tries to attack as well, but his sword is utterly useless against Theo's armor!
Too bad for him, since the cavalier's spear to the face does the opposite and obliterates him. -18. (+40)
An arrow flies past and bounces off Theo's shoulder. Guess it's supposed to leave a bruise or something? -2. (+1)

At the start of the round, Holly recovers 2 Hp.
Theo takes 3 damage from the poison!

The battle continues. Namura will never surrender.
UPOnQQl.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv4, 11/27 Hp, 11 Str, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 9 Lck, 9 Def, 2 Res
    Poisoned (2)
    QYFC5O1.png
    Lv1, 37/37 Hp, 18 Str, 18 Skl, 16 Spd, 13 Lck, 12 Def, 7 Res
    OFQDvTL.png
    Lv4, 23/28 Hp, 5 Str, 11 Skl, 12 Spd, 8 Lck, 5 Def, 5 Res
    siLoMYR.png
    Lv3, 15/25 Hp, 7 Mag, 9 Skl, 10 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 8 Res

Agent Agent
Vianna stays on her course to kill the commander and any in her way.

>Move to I2
>Attack Enemy at H2

(Vianna doubles with a 7 spd advantage. 111 to hit - 11 evade - 15 Hill = 85 To Hit. 11 damage - 3 defense = 8 damage. 16 damage dealt)

Last edited:
Agent Agent
Others?
What others was this Namura talking about? It was certainly something the sniper would have to dwell on later, but there was a battle to finish. As always.

Dingo slowly steals a glance towards the red-haired mercenary as she makes her way around to the fort the mage is hiding in.
"Well, if that's how things are going to be... you can't say I didn't warn you now."

Though charging towards the archer may seem to be the most ideal move, Dingo had a better plan in mind for Theo. Heading over to a position the archer couldn't exploit immediately would make dealing with him significantly easier. In addition, there was a good chance Maide would fall on his lance as well.
witr6yu-png.506829

>Move to D9
>Use Vulnerary

Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
Meanwhile, Dingo decided to head left in order to lighten Holly's load a little. She didn't need to be carrying some of those items around.

QYFC5O1.png

>Move to D5
>Trade with Holly
(swap her Javelin with my Vulnerary)

Last edited:
(I gotta go to sleep! Guess I'll just have to post this turn before I do so. Sorry if you hadn't said anything beforehand!)
eldorado eldorado official clown business official clown business NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
Theo heads back to a safer position, and it's the perfect time for him to heal his wounds with a vulnerary. Even if there was a cure for the poison, he could just tough it out with this instead. +12 Hp.
Vianna finally makes it over to the ridge and she unleashes her full force on the archer. He won't be getting away so easily. -8, -8. (+8)
After Holly gives the javelin to Dingo, she moves up to send some lightning towards the left archer. He isn't likely to go down with a fight, though. -7, -7.
In between the magic attacks, the archer tries to get a shot off at Holly, but she dodges the attack - and feels much better afterwards! +4 Hp. (+9)

eBD66QBpIROdy_qJ4OLnKB2qRS-Q0xLmuR3pGqN8962kSScG2_Xk0q2E53CWlFNwK4R0A-ro4nn5UStTE-hrLMKRWERRNoyRqPnfbZp0eOHBRROWWO-URHajEdYry3RDV5eF7PEE

The archer tries to shoot Holly again, but she performs another refreshing dodge and returns fire with her staff, sending him tumbling down the hill. -7, +4 Hp. (+36)
He was carrying a vulnerary on him, but Holly's got too much stuff! She'll have to discard it.
Vianna also finds herself getting shot at by an archer, but she rolls out of the way just in time. (+1)

Meanwhile, Theo is on the receiving end of Maida's blade once again, but it's nothing he can't handle. -3.
In fact, this is the part where Maida is the next person to receive a lance to the face. The cavalier bests another myrmidon today! -17. (+60)
Level Up! Hp +1, Str +1.
The enemy archer fighting alongside his now-deceased comrade is unimpressed, and he bounces another arrow off Theo's armor. -2. (+1)

Holly is back to full health!
Theo takes 3 damage from the poison!

Just a couple more enemies to deal with before Namura's time will come.
hj1bySK.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv5, 15/28 Hp, 12 Str, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 9 Lck, 9 Def, 2 Res
    Poisoned (2)
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    vs Namura Hit: 76 (86 w/Patience), Damage: 5 (x2), Crit: 1
    siLoMYR.png
    Lv3, 25/25 Hp, 7 Mag, 9 Skl, 10 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 8 Res
    vs Namura Hit: 80, Damage: 2, Crit: 5

Last edited:
Agent Agent
Vianna presses the attack.

>Move to G1
>Attack enemy at G2

(Vianna doubles with a 7 spd advantage. 111 to hit - 11 evade = 100 To Hit. 11 damage - 3 defense = 8 damage. Enemy killed in a single blow, no point in rolling.)

Vianna cuts down the archer and wipes her sword on her sleeve. She then turns towards the commander and smiles sinisterly, pointing her weapon towards the fort. "Come now!" she yells. "Show me just how powerful you really are! I enjoy a challenge!"

What, I can't have Holly discard the axe no one can use?
Holly moves to D7, and shoots the archer down there with Lightning.
115 hit - 13 evade, minus another 20 from the forest brings it to 82 hit. Crit chance is 8%.

This time, there's little to say, and the enemies will have even less to speak about once they're dealt with.
Theo's lance is aimed towards the archer while Dingo hands him a brand new javelin, just like he was planning. After the archer is finished, Namura will be the last opponent remaining.

witr6yu-png.506829

>Move to F8
>Attack Archer on E8
(hit: 65 dmg: 19 crit: 2)

Unfortunately for Theo, the lance is far off the mark. He'll be better prepared with some new equipment, though...

QYFC5O1.png

>Move to F7
>Trade with Theo
(give him the Javelin, then have him equip it)

After the archer is defeated, Dingo and Theo will move towards Namura on their own, but they will not try to get in range of her. She's meant for Vianna and Holly to deal with.

Vianna finishes off the enemy archer, no questions asked. Now it's Namura's turn. -8. (+32)
Sword rank increased! Now Vianna will be able to use better swords in combat.
Holly decides to head down and take care of the archer herself, dealing some decent damage. -6, -6.
The archer tries to loose an arrow in between the shots, but he can't make it happen. (+10)
Level Up! Hp +1, Mag +1, Skl +1, Spd +1.
The archer isn't finished just yet. Theo's lance finds nothing but air, but now he has a javelin for next time. (+1)

Namura waits for her opponents to approach. She seems confident that she can take on anyone who approaches her.

All the archers must be cursed, because they can't seem to hit anything at all, mage included.
Holly lets the lightning fly, far more accurately and efficiently than her opponent. The archer is done for. -7, -7. (+40)

Holly recovers the health she just gained from leveling up.
Theo takes 1 damage from the poison!

Well? What are you waiting for?
r2zMXER.png

• Vianna and Holly's actions are the only ones that matter this round. What will they do?
    witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv5, 14/28 Hp, 12 Str, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 9 Lck, 9 Def, 2 Res
    Poisoned (1)
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    vs Namura Hit: 76 (86 w/Patience), Damage: 5 (x2), Crit: 1
    siLoMYR.png
    Lv4, 26/26 Hp, 8 Mag, 10 Skl, 11 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 8 Res
    vs Namura Hit: 82, Damage: 3, Crit: 6

Steeling herself for whatever may happen next, Holly moves to E4, raising her staff. She's having a few second thoughts about attacking her previous commander, despite her confidence when she swapped sides. A little bit of shaking and mumbling to herself later, she attacks.

Namura hesitates to attack, when she realizes that she's fighting one of her former subordinates. Her expression changes from surprise to anger in a matter of a few seconds, though.
"You, you traitor! What made you decide to turn on me? On us!?"

Agent Agent
Holly definitely should have expected a reply, and yet, she didn't expect it. The questions are definitely making her think a little bit, but she replies before too much time passes.
"...Answers. I need answers. You kept putting them off, so now I've been forced to look for them myself. Whether you wanted this or not..."

What a fantastic question for a traitor to ask! But no, answers weren't allowed to be given anymore. A morbid grin appears across Namura's face. "Answers? Since you're so impatient, you'll have to wait longer for them." She chuckles through her smile. "Even if I fall here, you will see what we have in store... eventually."

Agent Agent
Vianna approaches the commander and raises her weapon, but does not immediately attack. "Normally, I'm a slice first and ask questions never kinda bounty hunter," she says, "but even I can tell that there's something big going on. And besides, gutting you in front of our new ally probably wouldn't be the best idea. So, here's the deal. You answer the lady's questions and I let you walk away. And if you do anything to abuse my leniency-" she chuckles "-it will be the last mistake you make."

>Move to F2
>Wait

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
Namura shakes her head. "No, I've said too much now. I'd rather die than answer any of your questions. Now, enough talking!"
She's already preparing to attack. Well, looks like it's time for Vianna to defend herself...

Namura prepares herself for the incoming attack.
Holly won't learn anything from her, so she has no choice but to fight. Her lightning spell connects with her former leader. -3.
The enemy mage returns fire with a spell, though it doesn't do much more damage thanks to some good resistance. -6. (+10)

Namura restores 3 health at the start of the enemy phase.
Namura refuses to move off the fort, and she tries to attack Holly with a light spell, though it whizzes past this time.
Holly returns the favor with a spell of her own... but it's not gonna do much without any help. -3, +4 Hp. (+10)

Holly recovers 2 health this turn.
Theo takes 1 damage from the poison... then it finally wears off.

B8oczkV.png

• Vianna and Holly's actions are the only ones that matter this round. What will they do?
    witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv5, 13/28 Hp, 12 Str, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 9 Lck, 9 Def, 2 Res
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    vs Namura Hit: 76, Damage: 5 (x2), Crit: 1
    siLoMYR.png
    Lv4, 26/26 Hp, 8 Mag, 10 Skl, 11 Spd, 5 Lck, 5 Def, 8 Res
    vs Namura Hit: 82, Damage: 3, Crit: 6

"I think I've heard enough."
Dingo stepped forward from behind Vianna, facing the leader of the unknown enemies. It was unlikely she would ever leave the safety of the fort, and it was pointless to try and get any more answers out of her.

"You won't surrender, and you won't answer any of our questions," the sniper replied. "If there's some sort of grand scheme you're hinting to, then it looks like we'll have to find out what it is ourselves. Goodbye, Namura."

And with that, he let a single arrow fly through the walls of the fort and right through Namura's chest.

QYFC5O1.png

>Move to G2
>Parity! Attack Namura using the Silver Bow.
(hit: 100, damage: 22, crit: 5)

Chapter 2: Post
Vianna makes her move. She moves in to send two lightning cuts towards Namura, dodging the magic attack that comes in between. -5, -5. (+10)
It's at this point that Dingo decides there's no reason to stick around any longer, and he fires an arrow in the air. After a few seconds, it comes down and pierces Namura's chest, killing her instantly. Down she goes! -22.
"Our plan cannot be..." (+12)

Finally, the battle has ended.

NUCer2utPRXVCQTwFN6osYjvAIpYV02fkE6HJabKOseVB6cVYlAqp2xfEaMJ0nknah2RhwemUvp9CRXWYPupn-sYO1bJxUv77dfAnifnASL6nGM3pM3iMKYv4CyTPw-o6yRrYfCg

The corpses of your former enemies litter the battlefield. Because none of the enemies were willing to talk about what they were up to, it was only Holly that was able to offer what limited insight she had. Though some people might've heard what she said to Namura before battling her.

"It's Holly, isn't it?" Dingo began. "So it's true... you know as much as we do about what these people were up to. But I'm a little worried about what they could've been planning."

For whatever reason, these people were fiercely loyal to their cause and were even willing to die rather than surrender. Holly wasn't of the same mind, and while Dingo really wanted to know why, that would have to wait after the bandits were snuffed out.

"So, were you in some sort of cult?" the sniper continued. "I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around this one, but maybe you could shed some light on what the hell was about to happen before we happened to pass by."

official clown business official clown business Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
Vianna sheaths her sword, no longer needing it. "Well, that was fun," she says to herself. "So, how about we set up camp for the night and set out hunting tomorrow?" Noticing the near-interrogation happening nearby, she adds, "You know, our new friend just watch us slaughter all of her old friends without mercy or remorse. How about we prove we won't do the same before the demands start, hmm?" Vianna turns to her new ally and says, "I'm Vianna, by the way."

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
Dingo had, of course, put away his bow a while ago to show he had no intention of fighting any more.

"I suppose we should prove our goodwill first," the sniper concurred. "You can call me Dingo, and the knight in shining red armor over there is Theo. We're with the Rigelian army, seeking out some of the bandits with the help of the country's resident bounty hunter Vianna."

Noting that there was still plenty of daylight, Dingo added, in an aside to Vianna: "And of course, our day isn't finished until we've found their hideout and snuffed out the leadership. We don't plan on resting until they've been dealt with."

Dingo's attention shifted back to Holly. "It's strange what happened here... but if you don't want to tell us what you know either, I'm not going to press you on the details right now."

He was still a little worried about what Namura's words mean though; it sounded like this wasn't the only gathering in the area.
"But you'll have to come with us," Dingo continued. "Even if you don't know much, our commander would definitely want to hear about this, and you might be able to help us out with our mission."

As the battle came to a close, Theo's bones grew heavy, like his body was crying to rest, and rest now. The wound had gotten in his way this battle; and every time its sting weakened his aim and his power, he remembered Dingo's rebuke. Those words were now engraved on his heart. He could see the wisdom in following orders instead of his own gut, and that was enough... for now.

He pulled up his horse as Dingo introduced them, and dismounted and approached the two women. His hand extended. He spoke to the mage first. "As he says, I'm Theo, a cavalier in the service of the crown. Thank you for your aid." Although he smiled, if the mage was keen, she would see that his eyes were darkened in mistrust. She had helped them, sure, but she had betrayed her comrades to do it... and because of that, Namura's fury was in some sense justified.

He was hesitant, glancing uncertainly at Dingo, but couldn't hold his tongue: "But... why? How could you turn on your own comrades so easily?"

official clown business official clown business
"Is not resting really a good idea?" Vianna askes the soldier. "I mean really, running around and getting stabbed isn't exactly a no-stress activity. Not letting wounds heal isn't exactly the best way to survive."

eldorado eldorado Toyotasomi no Miko Toyotasomi no Miko
As Theo started yelling at Holly, Vianne turns towards the cavalier and says, "Cool it, pony boy. Loyalty is one thing, but blind devotion is another. Just because you've been blinding by the 'Glory of Regilia'-" Viana overexaggerates her movements, as if showing just how ridiculous that statement is "-doesn't mean everyone is so infatuated by their allies that loyalty is the only thing on their mind."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back