• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fire Emblem: Anamnesis

OOC
Here
Lore
Here
(Sounds like it's time for me to start tracking some bandits.)

Vianna walked into town as she took a bite of jerky. Between her size, her clothing, and her sword on her hip, she was used to making an entrance. People noticing her arrival also helped her reputation; whenever the woman in white appeared in town, their bandit problem disappeared shortly after.

Finishing her jerky, Vianna arrived at the town hub. She looked around for the most important person she could see before calling out, "'Scuse me, but I heard that some bandits started infesting the roads near here. I happen to be an exterminator. If someone could point me in the right direction, I could take care of it."

official clown business official clown business eldorado eldorado
"Kimarae, why don't you tell us what you know about the bandits in the area? It looks like the trainees think they're ready to fight for real."
"Sure thing." Kimarae said, straightening himself. "Our scouts have told us some interesting news this morning. A group of bandits have been spotted around here, but they haven't made their move yet. If we move quickly, we should be able to put a stop to their antics before they cause any trouble. Now there's usually more than one group, so we'll have to split ourselves up..."

Kimarae stands there, tapping his foot a few times to decide the teams. "Alright, Dingo. You take our brightest recruit and check out Firnsen. It should be about a mile and a half South. The rest of you will be coming with me to Kovalt. Any questions?"

(lol I just made up the town names)

Agent Agent eldorado eldorado
"Perfect," was the veteran's response. "Should be a rather simple task for these soldiers to deal with. I'll make sure Theo gets his fair share of the action, of course."

Dingo didn't need to waste any time preparing his gear. The only issue on his part would be transportation - but of course, Theo would surely be glad to help out with that as long as he promised to keep quiet. At least the trip to Firnsen would be a mercifully short one.

Before heading out though, there was one more thing on Dingo's mind.

"Hey, Kimarae," he began. "How's Anrin doing? I thought she was going to stop by today, or did I get that mixed up with someone else?"

official clown business official clown business
"She was, but then she just remembered that she had a report to deliver to the queen. I think we'll be seeing her another day."

NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
One of the peasants turns immediately to Vianna. "Y- are you... a mercenary?" He seems worried about something, which could probably be assumed easily. "Please, you have to save Firnsen! Everyone saw bandits going there and my father is there!"

Agent Agent

Vianna smiled warmly as she put her hand on his shoulder. "In that case, I will go to Firnsen and stop the bandits. Now, I am a bounty hunter, but I am not without heart. I shall set out at once, and should I return with your father, payment would be very appreciated." She turned around and jogged out of the town, her pack bouncing on her back.

The roads between towns facilitated faster travel, but Firnsen stood just beyond the nearby forest. Weighing her options, and the risks involved, Vianna left the roads and sped through the woods. Hopefully, she could reach the town before the bandits.

Chapter 1: Rising Star
eldorado eldorado official clown business official clown business
Chapter 1: Rising Star
It's a relaxing ride, sure. But would it kill you to remember that there are bandits that are going to destroy entire villages? If you don't hurry, they'll... oh.
There's already some bandits around the town. It doesn't take long for them to notice Theo and Dingo.

"Blast!" the shirtless one says. "How'd they get here so quickly?"
6iUARw8.png

Firnsen wasn't even that big. Why would bandits even be interested in ransacking a place like this? Perhaps because it could be that the bandits weren't expecting any resistance, or that they didn't have much manpower. Either way, they were face to face with Rigelia's finest - but they probably wouldn't be leaving without a fight.

How will Theo and Dingo make their entrance?

A furrow had curled the space between his brow, and there remained pressed along the ride. Theo was quick to obey orders but his obedience came mechanically. A cloud kept him quiet along the trip, which may have suited Dingo just fine.

But when the village was in sight, he finally burst out with the question, "Dingo! Come now... Tell the truth. It wasn't that you let me win, right? It was a close match, I'd say! Surely... Surely, my skill was made known..." He fell into grumbling.

A furrow had curled the space between his brow, and there remained pressed along the ride. Theo was quick to obey orders but his obedience came mechanically. A cloud kept him quiet along the trip, which may have suited Dingo just fine.

But when the village was in sight, he finally burst out with the question, "Dingo! Come now... Tell the truth. It wasn't that you let me win, right? It was a close match, I'd say! Surely... Surely, my skill was made known..." He fell into grumbling.
The cavalier's question was met with a scowl from Dingo. "No, you fool. That was a training match. I can't test your arm properly if I don't hold back. And believe me, Kimarae would not be pleased if I decided to shoot all the trainees down instead of giving them a fair chance. Do yourself a favor and think about who you're talking to next time you, a mere Rigelian soldier fresh out of training, decide to ask questions like that to a veteran."

As the two neared Firnsen, Dingo quickly shifted his attention to the situation at hand. The bandits wouldn't wait for them to finish talking.

"Don't dwell on your pride for too long, Theo." The archer nodded his head towards the foes. "Now you've got a real opportunity to test yourself. Why don't you go on ahead and introduce yourself to those bandits?"

The words came at him like blows. Theo slumped further into his seat and tried to will his tears away. "Ugh..."

Quickly, he wiped them away. "...I got some dust... um... in my eye." he muttered.

As the forest parted way to make room for the village beyond, Theo sat upright in his seat. What if the bandits had seen him? What a shame that would be! He unhooked his lance from the side of his saddle and settled it in the crook of his arm.

"Don't dwell on your pride for too long, Theo." The archer nodded his head towards the foes. "Now you've got a real opportunity to test yourself. Why don't you go on ahead and introduce yourself to those bandits?"

"Oh, uh, yes, sir!"

Pride indeed. If he had just kept his cool, he could have figured out on his own that Dingo had been holding back. But his own pride had blinded him, because he'd wanted more recognition than he was due. Theo felt too ashamed to offer a prayer now, and kicked his horse into a trot. "Hey, bandits! I bet you weren't expecting a service of justice today, but that's all we got on the menu!!"

Chapter 1: Battle
eldorado eldorado official clown business official clown business
The brigand is not by easily swayed by the promise of death. From his point of view, all he was looking at was one horse-riding knight and an archer.
"Ha, would you look at that, everyone! Two soldier boys who think they're here to save the day. Time to teach you kids what happens when you try to play hero!"

Angered by your arrival, the shirtless bandit runs over to one of the villages and attacks it with his axe, obliterating all the houses within and any valuables as well. "Alright, KILL THEM BOYS! There's only two of them! And you, with the axe. Burn that other village to the ground!"

It's time to put a stop to these bandits for good before they destroy the rest of the village.

0TPK5DG.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv2, 25/25 Hp, 9 Str, 6 Skl, 7 Spd, 8 Lck, 7 Def
    QYFC5O1.png
    Lv1, 37/37 Hp, 18 Str, 18 Skl, 16 Spd, 13 Lck, 12 Def

eldorado eldorado
QYFC5O1.png

For a couple moments, it seemed as if Dingo was going to start taking care of business along with Theo, but instead the sniper simply decides to put his bow away.

"Ready, Theo?" Dingo asked. "If you're confident in what you've learned from your simple training lesson, this should be nothing more than an opportunity to inflate your pride a little. I'll secure the villages and deal with that brigand over there in my own way, but I'd like to see you deal with all five of those bandits without any help from me. For a cavalier of your skill, it should hardly be a challenge."

With the sarcastic tone of the last several words aside, Dingo sets out to deal with the brigand to his right. The axe-wielding bandit will probably follow his boss's orders and head to the other village, but he'll be too slow to reach it in time. The sniper will make sure of it.

For now, though, Dingo's move is simple - step into the trees and watch the brigand's movements.

>Move to F1 | Unequip, then Pass (probably)

"Ready, Theo?" Dingo asked. "If you're confident in what you've learned from your simple training lesson, this should be nothing more than an opportunity to inflate your pride a little. I'll secure the villages and deal with that brigand over there in my own way, but I'd like to see you deal with all five of those bandits without any help from me. For a cavalier of your skill, it should hardly be a challenge."

Theo nodded. He did intend to come back with good news, but this time he was determined not to let it get to his head. "I'll do all I can, sir!"

>move to D4
>attack Mercenary (C4)

eldorado eldorado official clown business official clown business NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
Dingo moves into the woods near the brigand to observe his movements, ready to put in arrow at him at a moment's notice.
Theo makes his move on the enemy mercenary, stabbing him just like he'd been training for. -17. (+9)
The mercenary delivers his counterattack, but it's the same as the training match; lances best swords. -2.
ENEMY PHASE forgot to upload image so i'll do it when I get home yep
The mercenary strikes Theo in the hopes that something good will happen, but no. He actually misses.
Theo strikes him with a finishing blow! -17. (+36)
Seeing his 'buddy' die, the spear-wielding bandit marches over to Theo and attacks him. -5.
Theo lunges at the soldier in retaliation. He spins his spear around for at least five seconds and sends it clean through the enemy's body! The soldier is dead before he hits the ground. -57! (+44)
Level Up! HP +1, Str +1, Skl +1, Def +1.
As the brigand nears the village, suddenly a red-haired mercenary bursts out of the woodwork to stop him. "Woah! Who the hell are you?!"
Looks like Vianna has arrived just in time to deal with these bandits.
PLAYER PHASE
Looks like these bandits definitely underestimated you.
KfeTuq8.jpg

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv3, 18/26 Hp, 10 Str, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 8 Lck, 8 Def
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    Lv2, 26/26 Hp, 4 Str, 10 Skl, 10 Spd, 8 Lck, 5 Def

Vianna, hearing sounds of battle, breaks into a dead sprint. She emerges from the forest at full speed. The bandits are here, but some soldiers from Rigelia are here as well. The bandit tries to ask Vianna a question, but she ignores him as she draws her sword; she's not here to talk to bandits.

>Move to I4.
>Attack Bandit Brigand at I3

(With Vianna having 6 more Spd than the bandit, she attacks twice.)

Vianna leaps off the nearby tree, landing an aerial blow to the bandit. The bandit takes a swing at her, the blow glancing off Vianna's armor. Vianna then slices the bandit as she gets behind him, landing a final hit with her pommel to the back of the bandit's head.

With the bandit unconscious and bleeding out, Vianna wipes her sword off on her sleeve. She then smiles and waves at the Rigelia soldiers before ducking back into the trees. Hopefully, the bandit's blow won't leave a bruise, or worse yet, something broken.

Last edited:
Dingo, having watched Theo easily deal with a couple of the bandits, nods to himself slightly. The cavalier was dealing with his foes in just the way he intended. At this rate, the sniper wouldn't have to worry about wasting any of his arrows on these third-rate scum.

Dingo turned to the nearby village with his bow ready, but he was surprised to see the brigand he was tracking on the ground with two sword slashes across his chest. Next to the brigand was the red-haired swordswoman who had done the deed.

The village would have to wait for now.

>Move to H4
>Talk to Vianna

"Hold on a minute," Dingo said to the mercenary. "You're not one of the bandits, and you don't look like a soldier or a villager. What are you doing here?"

official clown business official clown business
One of the Rigelia soldiers approached Vianna and started talking to her. "I'm a bounty hunter," Vianna said, "and I've been hired to kill the bandits attacking Firnsen. Feel free to assist. I won't say no to free help."

"Bounty hunter, huh?" Dingo considered the situation for a while. "I suppose we could use the assistance. We're going to be dealing with these bandits at the root, and I wouldn't want Theo over there-" he gestured towards the red cavalier- "to try taking out an entire bandit gang on his own.

"I'll check on the village and make sure everyone's alright. Should I assume you're out to collect a bounty in this village as well?" Dingo inquired.

yas.png
The spear pierced through the soldier's armor like a knife into cheese. Theo watched the soldier strain, then go limp and flop like a dead fish on the end of his spear. Disgusting. He twisted and jerked the spear, and the body collapsed to the earth.

Farther down the way, the mercenary soldier stood shock-still. Theo pointed his blood-stained spear at him, his horse pacing beneath. "Do you not hear? Death calls for you, too, bandit! Surrender now, or pay the price!"

The bandit grit his teeth and readied his sword, so Theo charged!

>move to F8
>attack mercenary (E8)

eldorado eldorado official clown business official clown business NemoTheSurvivor NemoTheSurvivor
It's time for more action!

Shortly after appearing, Vianna opens up with a quick slice across the brigand's chest. -10.
The brigand quickly recovers and swings his axe towards the mercenary. Somehow, he is able to land a hit! -6.
He starts laughing and jeering at his success. That is, until Vianna responds with a hard pommel strike to his head. The brigand is finished. -10. (+40)
Meanwhile, Theo rushes in to take out the other mercenary. A spear charge is more than enough to suffice. -18.
The bandit tries to returns the attack, but Theo swiftly dodges. (+9)

eBD66QBpIROdy_qJ4OLnKB2qRS-Q0xLmuR3pGqN8962kSScG2_Xk0q2E53CWlFNwK4R0A-ro4nn5UStTE-hrLMKRWERRNoyRqPnfbZp0eOHBRROWWO-URHajEdYry3RDV5eF7PEE

"Argh! How are they still alive? Hurry up and kill them already!" the brigand boss yells.

The mercenary quickly gets back into action and takes a swing at Theo, but the cavalier dodges out of the way once again!
Theo's horse replies with a swift kick to the bandit's face and a spear stroke follows soon afterwards. -18. (+36)
Meanwhile, the archer is in range to take a shot. He moves up and fires an arrow at Vianna, but she sees it coming and ducks behind a tree. (+1)
8hrKiQz7W1YLC2uuxiVAyTrPbnaQrxDAgoKthTiV0qj7zebuJP0-33hAWtAIEi5Od6TqWQFylFNjSht0fSiD1jVzyCiWwSABCp_oB25QheXgZ4dFKMWc25RQFO10TsCZsFpO9G9Z

It appears the bandits are outmatched!
B9Uuogk.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv3, 18/26 Hp, 10 Str, 7 Skl, 7 Spd, 8 Lck, 8 Def
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    Lv2, 20/26 Hp, 4 Str, 10 Skl, 10 Spd, 8 Lck, 5 Def

Last edited:
yas.png
Oh, he'd been waiting so long for this. No more of the training ring and fake battles. This was the true battlefield, where a thin line merges life and death. Here, Elmine's justice could be meted out, and her kindness made manifest. Theo turned his steed towards the leader of the bandits as he cried out in frustration.

>move to C7

"You should be glad we are here, so that your crimes against Elmine will not increase all the more. Death is a mercy! When you face judgment, you will finally regret what you've done, bandit!" Theo declared.

>attack bandit (C6)

Yep. These bandits were definitely the third-rate kind. Not even a minute had passed and the enemy forces were decimated. It wouldn't take much longer to clean up the rest of them, but there were villages that needed to be checked on first.

"Theo!" Dingo called out to the cavalier. "Hold off for a moment... actually, never mind. You're already attacking him. Guess I'll check the villages myself, then." He should've known the hotshot would act quickly.

For whatever reason, the protocol in the Rigelian army was to check all the villages and houses in the area before completely dealing with the bandits. The villagers would be able to barricade themselves in time, but they wouldn't be able to visit any houses if the enemies were defeated first. Dingo never quite understood the reasoning behind this, but he wasn't about to ask Kimarae about it any time soon.

With most of the bandits taken care of, however, it was time to pay the northeast village a visit.

>Move to I2
>Visit Village

Vianna feels a pain in her chest as she takes a breath. "Oh, that's going to leave a bruise," she mutters, thinking of the not-so-glancing blow from earlier. "No rest for the weary." Movement catches her eye. She ducks behind a tree just in time to hear a thunk. Grinning, Vianna forces the pain out of her mind and sprints out to meet the archer in combat.

>Move to H6
>Attack Bandit I6

(5 Spd over archer means two attacks. 109 to hit - 12 evade from archer equals 97 To Hit).

Theo's next move is to immediately charge at the boss of the bandits!
"You idiots, who do you think you are?! I'll teach you the ways of the world here and now!"
The cavalier manages to lance the boss pretty hard with his spear. -16.
Unfortunately, Balk knows how to hit back just as hard. His steel axe strikes with incredible force! -10. (+9)

Meanwhile, Vianna closes in on the archer with two quick slashes, though they aren't enough to take him out. -7, -7. (+10)
Dingo enters the remaining village to make sure everyone within is safe. An old man, probably the elder, runs up to him, recognizing his position. "Please, good sirs! You must save our village! H-here, if I give you this, will you protect us?" He holds a large looking gold coin with a shiny green gem in his hands.
Xuf9ZyJ-1ixDGXBgewANqjsgrMpz-vZfQ5yazMv9TEeMVSVR2M1NQNytzcwi5PHBkAa_M9P2bGmS4jbzzCJNFrG2S2o3TdOuF-hHz1bfH1m-ye9p3ztycyRGnbeBJWWp72PF6zdQ

eBD66QBpIROdy_qJ4OLnKB2qRS-Q0xLmuR3pGqN8962kSScG2_Xk0q2E53CWlFNwK4R0A-ro4nn5UStTE-hrLMKRWERRNoyRqPnfbZp0eOHBRROWWO-URHajEdYry3RDV5eF7PEE

Balk raises his axe menacingly and yells a war cry before jumping at Theo and taking him out with a second swing! -10!
The cavalier is greatly wounded, but he manages to stay on his horse, giving him enough time to escape before the bandit boss can land any killing blows.
Theo has been defeated! He has no choice but to withdraw from the battle.

The archer runs over to the nearest batch of trees and takes a shot at Vianna. Of course, she's able to dodge again. (+1)
8hrKiQz7W1YLC2uuxiVAyTrPbnaQrxDAgoKthTiV0qj7zebuJP0-33hAWtAIEi5Od6TqWQFylFNjSht0fSiD1jVzyCiWwSABCp_oB25QheXgZ4dFKMWc25RQFO10TsCZsFpO9G9Z

The only thing worse than getting defeated by the enemy is getting scolded by the commanding officer. Theo's in for it now!
QBR2Vop.png

• witr6yu-png.506829
    Lv3, 0/26 Hp
    QYFC5O1.png
    OFQDvTL.png
    Lv2, 20/26 Hp, 4 Str, 10 Skl, 10 Spd, 8 Lck, 5 Def

Vianna moves to take down the archer.

>Move to F7
>Attack Bandit at F6

(5 Spd above means two attacks. 109 to hit -32 Evade equals 77 To Hit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back