• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Final Fantasy XIV RP?

I don't think forgetting what you learned through the rp is wrong. But starting off as primordial bad asses isn't exactly fun. Perhaps starting as a single job, the talents and weapons permitted is the best path to go while allowing you to pursue other jobs later down the road and at that point being able to retain the knowledge of the past jobs. Artificially making yourselves nuts at the beginning is honestly ridiculous, but allowing for you to grow during the rp to learn more weapons, spells and the such is a path that allows for player and character growth. Start simple end complex

start simple, become complex, fist fight god at the ened.

Why i'm starting with a simple cat theif.

Who is there to fondle bags (of gil) and steal from the bosum of plenty.

Ill probably start with a lesser red mage honestly. I like being able to spell cast and whack at the same time.

I don't think forgetting what you learned through the rp is wrong. But starting off as primordial bad asses isn't exactly fun. Perhaps starting as a single job, the talents and weapons permitted is the best path to go while allowing you to pursue other jobs later down the road and at that point being able to retain the knowledge of the past jobs. Artificially making yourselves nuts at the beginning is honestly ridiculous, but allowing for you to grow during the rp to learn more weapons, spells and the such is a path that allows for player and character growth. Start simple end complex
Oh, I didn't mean start off that way I always thought the idea was to start as one class and then maybe learn a second later. I never meat I wanted to start off as two.

Oh, I didn't mean start off that way I always thought the idea was to start as one class and then maybe learn a second later. I never meat I wanted to start off as two.

Wasn't direct it towards you, no need to worry about that. I was just voicing my opinion and thoughts on it in general as I think its a good point.

I do want to allow people to learn new classes, but only after they have RPed for a bit. Basically, you'll have RP story quests that will allow you to change your class! That should give the people who've been part of the RP for a long time a feeling of progression.

And nobody will be forgetting how to use their previous weapons. 👌 I just don't want someone to be able to switch between those weapons mid-battle. The main reason I don't want to allow this is because of new RPers. If someone new joins the RP, and they only have 1 class to start with...they are going to feel a bit underpowered in comparison to other people's characters. Of course, new players could just start the RP with as many classes as everyone else has, but that takes away the feeling of progression for the new RPers, and its not fair to the older RPers who had to work towards it.

You guys might be worried that you'll feel extremely limited at first, if you're only allowed to have 1 class from the start.

Thats where "skills" come in.

Rpers will have class abilities, and just like the games...you can have A LOT of skills. But once you swap your class, you cant use the skills from the other class. This will only be temporary, and you'll only be unable to swap classes if you're in a battle. This is mainly to prevent battles from becoming 12 pages long and killing the RP. lol

Think of class swapping as being the same thing as changing your armor. You cant change your armor in the middle of a battle. Unless you are fighting a very unique enemy that doesnt care to stand there while your character gives them a little strip tease. 😅

Orikanyo Orikanyo
Something tells me that Orikanyo's Himbo character wouldn't mind this. lmao

But unfortunately guys, there wont be any gear/class/weapon/skill swapping in battles.

I do want to allow people to learn new classes, but only after they have RPed for a bit. Basically, you'll have RP story quests that will allow you to change your class! That should give the people who've been part of the RP for a long time a feeling of progression.

And nobody will be forgetting how to use their previous weapons. 👌 I just don't want someone to be able to switch between those weapons mid-battle. The main reason I don't want to allow this is because of new RPers. If someone new joins the RP, and they only have 1 class to start with...they are going to feel a bit underpowered in comparison to other people's characters. Of course, new players could just start the RP with as many classes as everyone else has, but that takes away the feeling of progress

kion for the new RPers, and its not fair to the older RPers who had to work towards it.

You guys might be worried that you'll feel extremely limited at first, if you're only allowed to have 1 class from the start.

Rpers will have class abilities, and just like the games...you can have A LOT of skills. But once you swap your class, you cant use the skills from the other class. This will only be temporary, and you'll only be unable to swap classes if you're in a battle. This is mainly to prevent battles from becoming 12 pages long and killing the RP. lol

Think of class swapping as being the same thing as changing your armor. You cant change your armor in the middle of a battle. Unless you are fighting a very unique enemy that doesnt care to stand there while your character gives them a little strip tease. 😅

Orikanyo Orikanyo

But unfortunately guys, there wont be any gear/class/weapon/skill swapping in battles.
So it would be like Dragon's Dogma where your skills are tied to your weapon? As in the skills will not be usable unless you have that weapon or perhaps your job crystal?

Yeah most advanced abilities are magic even Disciple of War ones, so maybe you need to attune your energies to the Shards/Job Crystal's to use them. So even if you don't forget that other class you can't use it if you don't have crystal to focus it, and you can't focus on two crystals at once.

And nobody will be forgetting how to use their previous weapons. 👌 I just don't want someone to be able to switch between those weapons mid-battle. The main reason I don't want to allow this is because of new RPers. If someone new joins the RP, and they only have 1 class to start with...they are going to feel a bit underpowered in comparison to other people's characters. Of course, new players could just start the RP with as many classes as everyone else has, but that takes away the feeling of progression for the new RPers, and its not fair to the older RPers who had to work towards it.

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Its called a tactical strip tease thank you.

That feels true to the game though. Can’t switch classes mid battle there either 😊

That feels true to the game though. Can’t switch classes mid-battle there either 😊
Unless it's a weaker class I was doing a fate and accidentally switched MCH by accident and tried to switch back to BLM 75 and they wouldn't let me do it, so it seems totally fine if you switch to something weaker apparently 🤣

Also guys, I recently got a new job (and its killing my body lol) so I might not be able to get this RP started as fast as I would like. If you guys would like to PM me and keep offering suggestions for the RPincluding plot, RP mechanics, etc...feel free! Arcanist and I could use all the help we can get to get this thing started!

Oh, you mean the liiiiiiiizzaaaaaaarrrrddddssss ;p

Unless it's a weaker class I was doing a fate and accidentally switched MCH by accident and tried to switch back to BLM 75 and they wouldn't let me do it, so it seems totally fine if you switch to something weaker apparently 🤣
I’ll be curious to try that when I get the chance. I haven’t ever been able to switch when I’m fighting, to a lower level or otherwise.

That's because you were too overlevelled to participate in the fate and were out of combat, when you switched your level would presumably be low enough to participate and an enemy aggro'd onto you.

That's because you were too overlevelled to participate in the fate and were out of combat, when you switched your level would presumably be low enough to participate and an enemy aggro'd onto you.
Actually, if we were to be real about it which is why I think it might have been a momentary glitch both classes were too high for the fate and would need to sync down, plus my internet was acting up that week. The other reason I think it was a glitch is because I was in the middle of attacking and accidentally went to by job hotbar when I meant to go to my food Hotbar.

Cat theif has entered the compound.

Quick update for everyone who's been interested in this so far, Arcanist and I are still working diligently on getting this thing started!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back