• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Final Fantasy XIV RP?

Final Fantasy

CallmeMyth

Ruler of Twilight
1608345947771.png
1608346220700.png Hello, everyone! Allow me to introduce myself to anyone who hasn't met me, before. My name's Mythic! Nice to make your acquaintance! *bows politely* I've been perusing the forums in search of a Final Fantasy RP, but so far I've had no luck! I'm a fan of the Final Fantasy series, particularly Final Fantasy 12, and Final Fantasy 14. So, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in starting a RP based on the Final Fantasy games?

My idea was for the setting of the RP to take place in Eorzea, with a similar universe and characters as the Final Fantasy XII and XIV games. The main races that would be part of the RP are as follows:

The Miqo'te cat race:
1608346642937.png
The (female) Viera bunny race:

1608346762453.png
The (male) Hrothgar beast-man race:
1608347101480.png
The dragon-like Au Ra race:
1608347248698.png
The (elven) Elezen race:
1608347415028.png
The (orcish) Roegadyn race:
1608347478562.png
The (dwarven) Lalafell race:
1608347579588.png
The (human) Hyur race:
1608347648889.png
And last but not least, the Moogles!
1608353350718.png
I was also considering taking a few liberties and adding the Bangaa (lizard) race from 12, as well. Even though most of the races I wanna include in the RP are from XIV, XII has a lot of similarities to ff14, and the Bangaa are cool!

1608348290268.png

The locations in the RP will also vary. It doesn't all have to take inspiration from Final Fantasy XIV or XII, and the story would also most likely be completely original for the purposes of the RP, with some influences from the games here and there! That being said, I was also considering doing a spin-off of the story from Final Fantasy 14, set sometime into the future to avoid as many plot-holes with the game as possible. It really all depends on what you guys find interesting!

This all being said, I've always had difficulties starting and maintaining these kinds of things all by myself, so if anyone would be interested in giving me a much-needed helping hand on this, I would be very grateful! If you wanna help me with the creation process, feel free to PM me!

What about classes?

1608351915438.png
So as for the classes in the RP, I do love Final Fantasy 14, and so I did want to use a lot of the classes that are available in that game. This would include Monk, Bard, White Mage, Dark Knight, Dragoon, and Summoner, just to name a few. Of course, I do not mind taking liberties and including other classes in the RP as well, such as Magitek Elite from Final Fantasy VI.

I do not plan to have any sort of battle system in this RP, so all classes will be purely based on story. As long as you can come up with a great background story of how your character was hired by the Empire and trained to use Magitek, for example, I'm totally cool with that! As long as nobody tries to bully someone else in the RP, I would see no issue with allowing people to be whatever class they want, as long as it is within the rules of the RP!

Last edited:
Ok so to confirm what elements of FFXIV will be in the Story? IE Primals, Shards, Garlemald, Ascions etc
Also is it possible to choose a non playable race (aside from Bangaa/Moogle) that are cannon to the FFXIV world? ie the Various Beast Tribes/sentient ones such as Ananta, Kobolds, Namazu, Sylphs. Also are Half race characters available like Hilda (Half Elezen, Half Hyur) etc?

Ok so to confirm what elements of FFXIV will be in the Story? IE Primals, Shards, Garlemald, Ascions etc
Also is it possible to choose a non playable race (aside from Bangaa/Moogle) that are cannon to the FFXIV world? ie the Various Beast Tribes/sentient ones such as Ananta, Kobolds, Namazu, Sylphs. Also are Half race characters available like Hilda (Half Elezen, Half Hyur) etc?
These are all really great questions, so thanks for asking!

I'm still developing the plot of the RP at the moment, but I will definitely be drawing inspiration from Final Fantasy 14. That being said, I will most likely include things like primals and aetherite shards, and the Garlean empire will definitely be included in the RP as well, or a similar empire that is very closely related to them. Because of the immortal nature of the Ascians, its also very likely that they will be included in the plot, as well!

As for the non-playable races, I wanted to add a few of those to the RP to spice things up a bit. I'm glad you noticed! I do wanna limit how many races are playable in the RP though, so its not likely that Ananta, Kobolds, Sylphs, etc. will be playable in the RP. I'll most likely keep those races specifically for important NPC purposes, only!

I havent decided if there will be mixed-races in the RP, but mainly because I'm not sure how that works in the games. Can a Viera mate with a Lolafell, for example? 😅 For some races it might be more plausible, like in the case of Hilda. I guess my answer to this question really all depends on what character you want to make, and then once I read over your character sheet, if it makes sense I wouldn't mind approving it!

Last edited:
If I recall correctly cross-race children tend to simply take after the mother, actual "half-breeds" like Hilda are very unusual.

There were 3-4 in the game i think that I can recall, one of the shifting sands NPC's was half Garlean half something else and blank on the others. Then again Final Fantasy overall has quite a few high profile examples ie Aerith, Terra etc.

There were 3-4 in the game i think that I can recall, one of the shifting sands NPC's was half Garlean half something else and blank on the others. Then again Final Fantasy overall has quite a few high profile examples ie Aerith, Terra etc.
Arenvald is a half-garlean bastard yes but we still love him. Another half-garlean lady has turned up more recently who does have the third "eye" but has a more conventional Hyur build.

Then there are the other cannon races now I think about it when you factor in the Raids, ie Androids

So a quick update, I am in the process of working on this now, and I've got some help! I've also decided to do a spin off of the plot in XIV, which is still going to be very original in its own way. I've got lots of ideas, and I plan to make this interesting!

What point would the spin off be from? Given the events in the game change a lot of things as it progresses. IE Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, Shadowbringers etc?
One option could always be one of the other Shards given we have only seen the Source and the First.

yo yo i'm down for some final fantasy stuff

What point would the spin off be from? Given the events in the game change a lot of things as it progresses. IE Realm Reborn, Heavensward, Stormblood, Shadowbringers etc?
One option could always be one of the other Shards given we have only seen the Source and the First.
The RP will take place in the Eighth Umbral Era, some time after the end of XIV!

Oh, I get the numbers confused I guess, so Eighth is post the games current events? Or am I forgetting a story beat?

OK. That makes it clearer. Currently debating on Race/Class so may come down to image.

Are cross classes a thing for character themes? Like a Rogue with a Gun who isn't a Machinist for example or having 2 classes IC like Black Mage/White Mage or Fishing/Dragoon.

So I have a question though I'd likely play a Miqo'te or more like Au Ra I would like to ask if there would be male Viera and female Hrothgar I ask because I know this upset a lot of people who play the actual game and personally I kind of find gender locking something with no real reason is kind of dumb and I don't know why they did this in the actual game. Yes I understand that according to lore that male Viera are rare and female Hrothgar are heavily protected so it's rare to see them however male Miqo'te are also rare which is why they were gender-locked in 1.0 however because no one liked this 2.0 fixed that problem. I guess I'm saying that just because something is rare doesn't mean that it doesn't exist and there are always outliers.

Sorry if this sounded negative that was not my intent I'm just saying I think they should be a thing.

Also interested 🤣

Well, if anything lore back in ff 12 says there are male viera.

Seclusive even more so than the females it seems. But villages seem to be seperate from one another, I can see if I can find this somewhere to back up my words.

I think the Race locking has more it halfed the work needed for a new race.

So 2 new races or 1 race with 2 genders

I meant in game, 2 genders means you need 2 models, and a 2 armor set models for each piece.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back