• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Final Fantasy XIV RP?

OK. That makes it clearer. Currently debating on Race/Class so may come down to image.

Are cross classes a thing for character themes? Like a Rogue with a Gun who isn't a Machinist for example or having 2 classes IC like Black Mage/White Mage or Fishing/Dragoon.
Because of the large amount of Disciple of War classes that are available in the games, I don't want to allow people to mix those classes. I feel like that could get pretty confusing. And just like with the mixed races, there are some combinations that just wouldn't make sense. Or on the other hand, might be way too powerful. Because there's no battle system in place for this and its purely RP, I feel it would be easier to have RP battles if everyone had a specific class assigned to them. That being said, I don't mind allowing someone to switch their class later in the RP if they don't enjoy the story for their current one. Or, if they would just like to swap their class for plot reasons! There will be disciple of the land classes in the RP, as well. Armorer, weaver, leatherworker, jeweler, etc. I do plan to allow people to have one of these classes at the start of the RP, as part of their backstory if they'd like! So, you can be a Dragoon fisherman if you want!

I haven't fully decided yet if, (or how) people will be able to acquire more classes in the RP as the roleplay progresses. I feel that for the Disciple of Land classes, it makes sense for people's characters to obtain new jobs and skills as the RP progresses, such as being knowledgeable about fishing, but also being skilled in jewelry crafting. For the Disciple of War classes, this would also technically be possible, but if I do allow this in the RP, I wont allow people to swap between classes mid-battle.

The summary to your question is that it might be possible for your character to be proficient in more than one Disciple of War class, but you wont be able to "mix" classes, and switching between the more stabby classes will be stricter, for RP purposes. On the other hand, you will be able to acquire more Disciple of Land jobs and skills to add to your character's background story, as long as you feel like roleplaying that your character got chummy with the burly female armor smith, and now he wants to learn how to craft gear for himself so that he wont get his face smashed in!

So I have a question though I'd likely play a Miqo'te or more like Au Ra I would like to ask if there would be male Viera and female Hrothgar I ask because I know this upset a lot of people who play the actual game and personally I kind of find gender locking something with no real reason is kind of dumb and I don't know why they did this in the actual game. Yes I understand that according to lore that male Viera are rare and female Hrothgar are heavily protected so it's rare to see them however male Miqo'te are also rare which is why they were gender-locked in 1.0 however because no one liked this 2.0 fixed that problem. I guess I'm saying that just because something is rare doesn't mean that it doesn't exist and there are always outliers.

Sorry if this sounded negative that was not my intent I'm just saying I think they should be a thing.

Also interested 🤣

I meant in game, 2 genders means you need 2 models, and a 2 armor set models for each piece.

I'm glad someone asked me this question! I will say that I do intend to include both female Hrothgar, and male Viera in the RP, but not at the start. The reason why is because they are so rare, so I want to have some sort of plot build-up to properly represent this. Characters with 2 genders is a very interesting topic of discussion. I'd say the best way for me to answer this question is by giving an example. The Viera undergo "sexual dimorphism" at the age of 13. So if you want to create a young Viera, you'll have to decide whether you want your character to be male or female once they undergo sexual dimorphism, but their gender at the beginning might not be as obvious to the other characters in the RP, for lore purposes. You can also have cross-dressing characters from other races, or gay characters if you want! Also, the appearance of your armor is entirely up to you.

Last edited:
I know not the race.

I know not the job/class

All I know is.

He must become a himbo

we are doomed from the start

4d756f26001850945c7585bb84cb5446.jpg

Found a song tooooooo~!

Found me a boi, Miquote theif~! Sun cat away~!

True and I suppose nothing is keeping me from learning to be White Mage later. 🤔

Dance dance fever~

And I'll fight you IG, later, maybe after a nap.

Still debating it at the moment, One idea I had was a Monk/Samurai going into Blue Magic, another was a Dancer going into Gunblade or Warrior going into Dark Knight.

Another question comes to mind however, Since its a RP are we allowing Classes to use Weapons of other Classes? IE Warrior can use a Greatsword instead of a Axe.

Still debating it at the moment, One idea I had was a Monk/Samurai going into Blue Magic, another was a Dancer going into Gunblade or Warrior going into Dark Knight.

Another question comes to mind however, Since its a RP are we allowing Classes to use Weapons of other Classes? IE Warrior can use a Greatsword instead of a Axe.
I hadn't thought about this! Actually I'm not sure. It would make sense for you to be able to use a different weapon than the standard ones for each class. But then again...there are too many possibilities to mix things up and make your character too OP. And if you can use whatever weapon you want, I feel there'd be no reason to have classes in the RP at all, at that point. Like, a Pugilist who can use magic isnt really a pugilist at that point. 😅 Y'know?

Last edited:
I mean all classes use magic dont they? Just channel it in different ways. The weapons were always something that didn't make much sense to me for some of the martial classes, Like a Knight would be trained with multiple weapons and anyone could pick up a weapon and use it realistically, just maybe not that well.

Using Pugilist as an example, I personally always used that invisible Skin for them, since I preferred hitting with fists rather than a Cestus, but could they not use the same skills with a Staff? Do they not have cannon Ninjas using Katannas?. Another thought that could be somewhat related is something like mounted combat, ie Fighting from the back of a Chocobo/Those Garlean Mechs are a thing we see in the world/specific quests when you use a mount for the task.

I hadn't thought about this! Actually, I'm not sure. It would make sense for you to be able to use a different weapon than the standard ones for each class. But then again...there are too many possibilities to mix things up and make your character too OP. And if you can use whatever weapon you want, I feel there'd be no reason to have classes in the RP at all, at that point. Like, a Pugilist who can use magic isn't really a pugilist at that point. 😅 Y'know?
To be fair NPC's in FFXIV can use magic even as a disciple of war usually it was something minor like cure or stone skin but still plus if people start learning new disciplines it wouldn't make sense that they wouldn't forget what they used to know for example say for example let's say I go the back mage and the ninja? I start as Black mage then become a ninja. In an RP setting, I'm learning to use daggers and ninjutsu but clearly, I would not have forgotten Black Magic.

ya'll don't know the K.I.S.S acronym for rps do yea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back