• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Fight Club?

Would you roleplay an Arena like section on the site?

• Total voters
There would need to be an outside group reviewing and establishing standards of ability power in fights.

Like someone to take all fight applicants and their character points, review them, sort them and establish fair fights. I really like this idea

This sounds like an awesome idea. What might the character limitations be when it comes to abilities and would each user only have one character or would they be allowed to make as many as they like?

Ooh, I'd so be into this as long as it's (of course) fair. I kinda like the idea of having different categories for the fights too, as @HunterJJ suggested, but even then pairing up totally different character types might be fun as well. Either way, I like the idea ^^

Wolf would relish something like this, but like many pointed out only if there will be adequate oversight. And that may be hard to establish when dealing with characters coming from not just different settings but different systems as well. Myself I'm not sure how I'd approach this, but if the Staff is confident that it can be done, bring it! *howl*

Can there just be polls to see who won? Like, both of competitors can write their versions and people vote for whoever felt like had a more convincing write up.

My idea is to take the systems and have each applied character sort of ranked/transitioned into a universal system for the arena to use. People will rank differently obviously but that would just be dealt with by introducing ranks

Fantastic idea, but I agree with the Idea of a ranking system. Nobody would want their Gunslinger Human up against your Laser-Blasting Saiyan.

Shadester22 said:
Fantastic idea, but I agree with the Idea of a ranking system. Nobody would want their Gunslinger Human up against your Laser-Blasting Saiyan.
I've been tinkering with a combat engine that technically allows this very type of setup, with the Gunslinger having a solid chance of victory.

It really all depends on the execution.

Mmmmmaybe? I'm worried there won't be enough interest over time to keep it going. I'd rather see a second character competition first, but if everyone else is totally pumped for this and has ideas on how to organize it - I'm game!

as much as i would love a Brawl, i dont think this should happen, due to people wanting to be so damn OP and from anything up to move skills, character resistance, immunities, power to take down building like idk One-Punch-Man, something that no one of the opponent expects to fight against or whatever

Nothing too crazy like that would happen with a moderator overseeing combat. Like I said, it would simply have to be a character being applied, a group deciding how much 'xp' that character should be given based on what they are, and then allowing them to create a character based on the new system.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I don't want to give away the details but how many of you would be interested in an Arena like section on the site where can you can fight other user's character regardless of style, freeform, dice, whatever.
You'd also be able to petition a moderator for your battle to count for points if you so desired assuming all of our rules for fight club are met.

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]
That's kind of like RHG.

A way to relieve stress? I'm so down.

Oh, and we should have some new bb's made especially for the arena, like the moderator would make a award thing or something that shows who is the champion of a match or something like that

Another bb that one could use is one that pretty much shows the setting, it would be epic if random settings could be rolled if both players want to do that.

One last thing, if we want this to be more freeform, or like versatile in having a story, there could be a group of people whom don't fight but assist with the champions, if people don't want to fight but still want to be part of it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally! My friends won't be able to be so OP that they always kill my human characters!

...Well, I don't know that until I find out how this genius idea is set up.

Vote for fight! (helmet)(dagger) (hammer)(skull)

I think this would be great! I'm sure there's plenty of people who would like to just roleplay a battle scenario without the hassle of longer term roleplays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back