• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Fight Club?

Would you roleplay an Arena like section on the site?

• Total voters

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I don't want to give away the details but how many of you would be interested in an Arena like section on the site where can you can fight other user's character regardless of style, freeform, dice, whatever.

You'd also be able to petition a moderator for your battle to count for points if you so desired assuming all of our rules for fight club are met.

Thoughts?

Is rule one "Don't talk about fight club"?

On a more serious note this sounds like possible fun!

Atom said:
Is rule one "Don't talk about fight club"?
On a more serious note this sounds like possible fun!
Somehow managed to ninja in an actual thread,,, my skill knows no bounds. Like Atom, on a more serious note, I concur. Sounds like a possible blast!

HunterJJ said:
You'd need dice IMO, if that's involved it could work.
By what the what wizard said I'm in the belief that how the fight is done is up to the two players fighting.

Ehhh...it just seems kind of pointless and only like it would be clutter on the site. Maybe just add it as a prefix? Because an arena style rp would be very easy to make in any section.

I just don't see people conceding a loss. Why will people take hits when they can just dodge at will?

If there are judges I can see freeform working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Axel1313 said:
Ehhh...it just seems kind of pointless and only like it would be clutter on the site. Maybe just add it as a prefix? Because an arena style rp would be very easy to make in any section.
Wouldn't work on the scale we want. Fight threads aren't really traditional role plays.

1000 times yes, this sounds like a ton of fun!

Edit: I'm not used to dice RPs but I've still done fights. It's best to just have a judge/judges, and it's agreed on how many dodges are allowed.

Sometimes its feels good to forget about all the plot and stuff so... Yesss, been waiting for this (ok, not since its pretty unexpected, but it would certainly be nice to see this on RPN).

Only if you have very strict rules about what can and cannot be done in a given combat round. Otherwise you'll just get people godmoding and power playing until they declare they win, and the whole thing will just fall apart in a mountain of butthurt.

I'm speaking from years of personal freeform RP experience here. This will happen.

HunterJJ said:
You'd need dice IMO, if that's involved it could work.
That is the only way it would work and be fair...otherwise it would be OOC fights and op characters galor.

I think this would add a nice twist to things. Plus it would be more fun if we could all take our characters from different role plays and duke it out in an arena. Although...I thought first rule of fight club was to NOT talk about fight club....

Teh Frixz]Butt hurt must be avoided as it brews nothing but trouble. [/QUOTE] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/8696-teh-frixz/ said:
@Teh Frixz[/URL]

th

You can also have a stat assignment thing, where people give their characters stats to work along with dice rolling. High stats would give buffs, low ones would lower stats.

That way, characters would be even in combat, so a bruiser with crazy strength could lose to an agile sharpshooter.

One more suggestion, have divisions. Like how in boxing there are heavyweights and welterweights.

Superheroes fight superheroes and realistic characters fight realistic characters.

Modern vs Modern (Marine vs Resistance fighter), Old vs Old (Knight vs Samurai), Sci fi vs Sci fi etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back