• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Fight Club?

Would you roleplay an Arena like section on the site?

• Total voters
Well on the other site I'm on, RPGuild, it already has a functional Arena system with judges and points and whatnot

I'd like to see it implemented here though. Pretty cool.

If this is going to be a section of the site, it stands to reason there will be both dice and non-dice roleplays. There are in every other genre, after all - though dice are in their own forum for the most part.

So for those who prefer dice, they can use them.

Those that don't, don't have to.

Find a compatible partner... and you're set~

Yes, thats really helpful! I would love to create an arena, and just invite my friends (others welcome), to just create or use an old character. Somewhat of a story behind the scenes, with the anticipation of the arena battles..

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done plenty of rp fights outside of this site and I have never had any problems with things like dodging or blocking that were deemed OP/cheating if both parties have agreed on each characters abilities and both understand what the other is capable of and what they're not capable of. Judges are a definite necessity because we all know not everyone is going to play nice.

I've got plenty of characters already in fighting shape and characters I still need to test so if I find someone who will help me test my newer characters there that'd be great.

I say yes for a interesting reason. Now the mods will be in charge of the arenas (OBVIOUSLY!) and this can be like a dice practice for anyone involved. Their can be 2 types of arenas .

pvm (Player vs mod) arenas are basically where the character is battling the creature or opponent the mod wants to test the character on. This can be a test of rp skills and dice. In my honest opinion grammar isn't a problem as long as they use spell check and make sense out of what they are trying to put and use the right dice for the right spell or attack.

Pvp This is where 2 characters go at it but we will have a mod eyeballing to make sure no cheats happen. If i was watching i would make sure they only come with what they have equipped for the fight. and note it in their 1st post. that way if anything fishy fishy happens later i can call out on it.

THE FIRST RULE OF FIGHT CLUB IS YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB

I think it'd be a good idea though, for a lot of reasons others posted, which means I'm too lazy to restate them. xD

I say we put in place a moratorium on any and all fight club jokes until such time is deemed that they are useful.

I vote yes. Why?

I can't wait to see my characters destroy/get destroyed by others'! It'll be so fun!

The best part is, I won't need to set up a plot for anything! :D

I've always been interested in fight threads, but I've never seen one done in a way where it worked. I'd really really love to see it in action though. Dx

I know a lot of people would want some sort of moderation to it, like dice rolls. I think its a matter of people don't trust people, and people don't like losing. So I guess for me, I would have to understand the boundaries of fighting, and regulations around it. There's s many ways you can go about it...

So... I guess the idea is a little too vague for me to give a solid critique, but it is definitely something I would like to see in action.

It is official, we will be creating a fighting section on the site.

Seriously, though. I haven't seen a straight-up wrestling RP since the ancient days of the e-fed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back