• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Feuding Kingdoms.....

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
6b6c311171bcd0ab709ea52bbbb6a464.jpg
Interactions: NightPhoenix NightPhoenix and EndlessHope EndlessHope

She heard footsteps outside of his room, it would probably be Angeline coming here. She is such an energetic child and that's why Jae loves her so much. "Jae? You here?" She entered the room with a big plate, bigger than Angel's head. She comes closer and nudges on her arm with the plate "Have some, Jae" offering some pastries.
Hyunjae smiles warmly at her "Good morning my Angel." she responds, standing up and kisses her cheek as she takes one pastry off the plate. "Thank you for the pastry, dear. You couldn't sleep very well, did you?" she asks Angeline, frowning lightly concerned.

Jae knows her good enough, to tell that she thought about the marriages, "Angel dear, listen to me okay? I won't give you or your brother away, especially not to someone I don't know well. Grandmother Jade and I will surely find another solution to this. Until then please don't worry too much about it. It'll just ruin your beautiful head" she suggests. She takes the plate and places it onto the table in Kieran's room, so she could hug her little jewel. "But we should get ready soon, they're awaiting us. If you need help with packing just come to me, dearie~" she adds quickly, then turning back to Kieran and shakes him a little bit, in order to wake him up. "Kieran, wake up now~!"

6e67f8badb652ee7f70ccd535057e5dc (1).jpgAeryn Chanalet
Location: Western Kingdom: Palace Halls - Eastern Wing, Near her Room
Interaction: idalie idalie

Mentioned: dragonwriter_will dragonwriter_will SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck Mooniee Mooniee
Letting go of Celeste's hand, and giving Deems a friendly goodmorning, she looked to Lawrence. "Walk with me, please." She said, nodding to her younger siblings. Alexius was right, they had to pack, to prepare for their trip and while she had the upmost trust in her personal maids, two of which, Milana and Belinda, would be comming with her to...well, where ever it was she would be married off to, she wanted to make sure they packed her dresses, and everything important correctly. Aeryn knew she would not be returning to her homeland after stepping foot into the middle kingdom. And that's why she needed to talk to Lawrence.

She would keep walking down the hall, occasionally sweeping her hair over her shoulder, per lifting her dress off her heels, which filled the eerily quiet hall with rthmythic clicks. She had no doubt that Law was following behind her, and when they were finally in a completely desolate bit of hall did she stop. "As in sure you're aware," She started, "Queen Jade has made it so every child of every kingdom must be married. Which why I had to end what we were doing...for that I am sorry, but know you can say no to what in about to ask of you," She kept her back to him for a moment, before turning to face him. "I will be married to a Prince of a kingdom where my safety is not guaranteed." She would pause, and chuckle, "The same could be said for Celeste I suppose, but I hardly think she will be see as a threat, the little rabbit." Once again Aeryn would pause, stepping closer, her voice getting quieter, "There is no I trust more with my life than you, no else I trust more to come with me to a recently hostile kingdom." She paused, breifly looking away, before regaining eye contact.

"Sir Lawrence Llewellyn, will you, as a knight of the Western Kingdom, accompany me, your princess, until duty calls for other wise, into the unknown?"

Last edited:
Celeste - Youngest of the West
3595_NYQg3r7R.png

Celeste puffed out her cheeks in frustration when Aeryn left. Soon, she found herself alone. All of her siblings had gone to do other things. "I suppose I should pack," she grumbled. It wasn't that she didn't look forward to the trip. She was actually excited. It was something new. Besides, maybe she would be assigned to marry the man of her dreams. She wondered what kind of man he would be. But, would she be taken away from her siblings? What about Aeryn? Celeste was just now getting to be around her. Would that all be taken away? It was scary. Although her and Deems had never been super close, he was always around to protect her and make sure she was happy. What would she do without him around? She felt tears welling up but quickly wiped them away. What would people say if they saw her crying about such a thing? Especially her older siblings. There shouldn't be any tears, it was something she had to do.

Looking around in the now empty throne room, Celeste spotted Theia, her lady in waiting. "Please, help me get my things together," she asked. She was always terrible at picking out her own dresses. No matter how hard she tried to get colors and styles to match, it never worked. It didn't help that she really didn't have any experience doing it herself. She always had someone pick out her clothes for her, whether it was Theia or someone else. That brought up another question. Would Theia be coming with her to wherever she was going to be sent to? Maybe that would help her, almost like a piece of home would be traveling with her.

Interactions: NightPhoenix NightPhoenix
Mentions: FireMaiden FireMaiden dragonwriter_will dragonwriter_will SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

[ I don't believe in Destiny. ]
Alaric - 20 - Heir to South

'If the truce fails, I'll kill them myself.' Alaric thought, but kept his mouth shut. Then he turned to watch his sister make a passive aggressive snap at the two of them and head out. Once she was gone, Alaric commented, "All right, that's your fault." She'd likely need some consoling, for that snap was probably fueled by nervousness. Alaric couldn't blame her, nor could he be angry at his sister. She went through a lot, and he would never understand it fully. So she deserved compassion.
The Heir then exhaled softly and his searing gaze turned towards Salazar again. He stayed quiet, wondering indeed if this was really overboard. However, thinking to what his enemies were like, Alaric did have his concerns. They weren't above petty tricks and lies.
Now he simply watched the interaction, staying sitting. Alaric just felt tired. He wanted to lay down and sleep forever, but knew he couldn't. This all felt like a terrible dream, one he'd wake up from any moment from. But he couldn't. This nightmare was reality, and Alaric had to face it like a man for the good of everything.

[ FabulousTrash FabulousTrash , SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck ]
[ I just do what's best for me. ]

Last edited:
Deems
interactions: SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Having no chance to object to his brother's insistence, (not that he would in any case, Alexius might through a fit, especially if it were politically related, and go on about how he could be so irresponsible and lacking in his duties) Deems followed him into the small office and sat where Alexius gestured to. Looking around the cramped room quickly, he returned his attention to his brother. "What did you want to talk to me about?" he asked with a confused expression and voice. Alexius always had something that he wanted to discuss, and wanted to make sure that everyone knew their role and such. Despite the fact that Deems technically had a bit of authority over him, he usually just let his little brother take the wheels with the politics and such. Not his forte, and not something he liked that much.

Angeline (Angel) - Youngest Princess of the North - 16
tumblr_mnr90n0Tgk1qknmq4o4_500.png
Angel leaned into her sister's hug, grateful for the figurative warmth. When her sister turned to continue waking Kieran up, she giggled. Grabbing a mini chocolate mint tart from the plate, she waved it over Kieran's nose, as if the smell could wake him up. As she continued holding the tart over her brother's face, she asked quietly but boldly, "What if there's no other way, Jae?" And before Jae could answer, she continued, "Or...what if one of us...or all of us even...end up falling in love with our partners?" Even though she hated the idea of splitting up with her siblings, she had to admit that she was curious about who her fiancé - that word felt so foreign to her, fiancé - would be.

Theia - Lady-in-Waiting to Princess Celeste of the West - 22
latest
Theia bowed. "Of course, Your Highness," As she waited to follow the princess back to her room, she continued to think. She feared the idea of returning to the South Kingdom, but about the marriage itself...Watching her Highness get married to another would hurt badly, what with the feelings that she had just discovered not too long ago, hid and would continue hiding to the end of her days. As these thoughts swirled through her brain, Theia kept her face neutral, even as her heart sank further than it already had.

The grating sound of metal against stone disrupted the quiet of Ari's surroundings. The fact that things were dull didn't mean that her weapons had to be the same. There wasn't much else to do anyhow. She paused and swung the blade deftly before resuming the process. "Doesn't matter how sharp that blade is, cut it out. " a voice insisted suddenly. It belonged to an armor-clad woman that until now had been reclining a short distance away and enjoying a rather shallow sleep. There wasn't any response from the knight she'd addressed-- a fact that angered her more. She approached slowly, clenching her fists as she did. If there was one thing that the Southern Armies never tolerated, it was insubordination. "Doesn't matter?" Ari questioned after a moment, "If you think that, you shouldn't be a knight." Her hand guided the stone against the blade's edge, never faltering even when the chider turned attacker raced forward. With a single throw, the stone met the woman's head and robbed its target of consciousness, "Take a nap," Ari instructed.

OrenjiGatsu OrenjiGatsu

Sir Lawrence Llewellyn

He was surprised at Aeryn asking him away for a moment, but a faithful man does as he was raised to do. Nodding apologetically to Celeste for what might seem to be stealing away her sister, Lawrence continued to stride after the eldest. Keeping a respectable pace, surprisingly quiet for the big man; Law was mesmerised by the little movements, slender fingers bringing hair forward, the sway of her walk, and the manner of which her skirt fluttered across the floor. They stopped eventually when there was no one else about to interrupt, a heavy silence no longer broken by the click of shoes.

What the princess spoke of, gave him hope. Reason and rhyme. He had known why the late night visits had to stop, the garden rendezvous and stolen glances. In the beginning, it had been fun. It was all a game after all -- just avoid getting caught. Perhaps it was what they both needed during the conflict, only a fool would let it mean too much. From that, he was practically a jester. But she asked him in the name of duty and friendship, one which had been formed in youth and sword training. "You know I could never refuse anything you asked of me, Aeryn." She was close enough to smell the sweet soaps, oils and perfume that lingered on her skin.

Llewellyn gently took the princess' hand and pressed a close-lipped kiss to the knuckle. Lasting no longer than a second. "It would be an honour, my liege, to come with you. I have sworn my fealty to your family and now -- I swear it to you. For as long as it lasts, as long as you require me." Law removed his coarse palm from hers. "And if you do ever worry or need someone to check on your family, I would be glad. I couldn't imagine what I'd do if any of you suffered in these unions." The soft amber of his irises hardened a moment. It wasn't as if these were things you could run from, never having met your spouse left people alone with strangers. What might they do? It worried him beyond his years.

Mentioned: Mooniee Mooniee
Interaction(s): FireMaiden FireMaiden

Last edited:
Katja was on washroom duty today, not the most glamorous task but one suited to a junior maid. The entire castle was awash with a flurry of cleaning and washing. As it had been for awhile the many noble could arrive anytime depending on where they had been and everything had to be perfect. Katja and those like her had been brought on to do low skill simple tasks behind the scenes so that the skilled senior servants could attend the nobles. Really with peace on the line there was no way they could afford screw ups. So it was that Katja and a few other girls of similar age were busy washing whatever clothes or clothes were brought from around the castle. To keep everything perfect they had to was pretty much everything every other day otherwise dust accumulated. The same was done with dusting, sweeping, moping, and other tasking. Many of those were done by more experienced staff as the nobles would see them. The juniors were given tasks like washing clothes, taking out and cleaning chamber pots, garbage removal, all tasks that no one needed to see anyone perform. Many of the girls joked about romance stories where a prince fell for a commoner, but that was just a story and given how much was riding on this a mistress would be a teriable thing. Still it was just jokes none of the nobles would ever see the junior maids after all.

Alexius​
Alexius smiled saying "Thank you, brother!" and then he scampered around for some documents inside the pile. He was nervous because of what was on the document but he did finally get the small document out and then started to say "Brother, As King of this country you know you have duties and responsibilities. Now despite my protest, the parliament needed me to hand you this document to allow you and me to leave for the middle kingdom. Inside this document, it talks about what responsibilities as a royal you have and what you must not do. This includes murder, theft, starting a war, Infidelity and other such nonsense. Most of the duties of the king will be placed in a representatives control until your return. Now I know this sound like a lot but please don't do anything that might make parliament just close down." then after he lay the document down he said, " You will need to sign on the big underlined place above mine."
dragonwriter_will dragonwriter_will

Deems
Interactions: SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Listening to his brother go on about what he would have to sign, he flinched a little bit at infidelity, yet he hoped Alexius wouldn't notice in his ramblings. Picking up the pen to sign, he paused for a moment. "Will you return to your position at my side after your marriage?" he asked him before signing the paper with a heavy heart. "I want you back here, you know. You do a great deal of things for me, and I would probably go mad with all this paperwork and parliament business." he tried to convince Alexius to stay, though it could have already been in his plans. Always the planner, his little brother was. And if he had to go off to another kingdom, so be it. Setting the pen down on the desk and looking up at his brother's face, he handed the document over.

Alexius​
Receiving the document he laughed a little after hearing what his brother said "Leave you? To where? After all, you would be lonely without your family. Plus like you said dealing with the parliament is already a lifetime investment." he opened the document and making sure it was signed correctly sighed then said "But with an arranged marriage we will both have our hands full right? Wonder who it might be." he chuckled. He didn't usually have the time to talk with his brother and the marriages where most likely on his mind. He himself though didn't care much for the marriages. After all, he had better things to do then try to fall in love with some women.

Ognyan

"It shall be done at once. The guard shall be your sledgehammer."

With the prince on his way out, so too would the knight, though in a different direction. Concerns for the trip were an obvious matter. Salazar's concerns seemed excessive. At the best, in a case of disaster all which would be needed is a guard capable of defending the royals trekking back home. Meeting and greeting the other royals was his want, not to kill or capture them. Regardless, it is the job of Ognyan to handle the guards. Collecting the better troops from the regiment would be an easy task. More could be done however. Coming along shall be other knights likes him. If a fight is to break out in the Middle Kingdom, tragedy would occur if a royal from any of the nations were harmed. The war of succession would continue on, now with all Kingdoms fighting as long as they exist. It is key if a fight were to occur, no royal gets injured, at least not by a person from the Southern Kingdom. Getting a good soldier to do so is easy, as long as they can hear him. A knight would be more difficult. With that, Ognyan travels through the maze of halls to the quarters of a young knight named Ari. A knight like her would be needed. A knock to the door is given by the knight.

Benthelame Benthelame

Deems
Interactions: SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck

Deems sighed. "Our sisters will most likely have to live with their husbands off in another kingdom, and I just don't want to lose you as well. I like keeping you all close to me." He got up from the sofa and began pacing the room anxiously. "And you're right, parliament is what you've chosen to do with your life, but these arranged marriages could get in the way of that. I don't know why Queen Jade decided this would be a grand idea, since it's getting in the way of lots of things..." he frowned slightly and rubbed his face frustratedly. "This whole thing is making me sick with worry. I don't think I'm ready to marry anyone, no matter someone I don't even know or care about in the slightest." he complained, the worry he was trying to hide bubbling up to the surface in front of his brother.

Alexius​
Seeing his brother grown he pondered. Then as a joke said "Well at least your fiance will be better to take care of than Celeste." Then after his brothers reaction said in a serious tone standing up "I understand your worries. But remember that we are totals for a reason. We must sacrifice our own desires for the people. No matter how much you might hate it and trust me I hate it too." He sat down, he was obviously worried for his family. But he had to put country over them. He didn't see the worth of war when you could increase the profits of the people and the dependancy of the other kingdoms to the west through trade.

Celeste
Celeste silently walked back to her room, Theia behind her. Now that it was almost time to leave for the Middle Kingdom, everything started to feel real. She would be married soon. What if she didn’t like her fiancé? With a sigh she sat down on her bed. “What color do you think looks best?” She asked Theia. She had a large collection of dresses to choose from but she could never decide on a color or style.

She couldn’t keep her mind off of her arranged marriage. She felt a combination of excitement and anxiety. “Will I even be a suitable wife?” She wondered out loud. She wasn’t wise politically or clever when it came to the battlefield. “I just don’t feel as if I am suitable for such a role.” Would she just be more of a burnden on her fiancé? What kingdom would she call home?

NightPhoenix NightPhoenix

Deems
Interactions: SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck idalie idalie FireMaiden FireMaiden

Listening to his brother's reassurances and nodding in agreeance before stepping out of the small space, Deems closed the door behind him and headed to his chambers to pack his things. Sure, he had to put his kingdom over his own personal needs, but an unhappy king can turn into a tyrant. Hustling down the halls and ordering a guard to watch his door and let no one interrupt him, he stepped inside and closed the door. Still upset and somewhat in denial about the whole marriage thing, he started to throw some things into his bags for the trip to the middle kingdom, not packing much however, knowing he'd be returning, though he couldn't be certain for his sisters. He'd miss them greatly should they have to leave, but he wouldn't be alone. He'd have Alexius, and... his wife.

Tossing anything he thought he might need into the suitcase lying at the foot of his bed, he remembered the letter he had been writing lay unfinished, and so he deserted the almost finished task of packing (he only needed the royal robes, which were being cleaned for the occasion) to return to his study.

Finishing the letter, Deems handed it off to a messenger with specific instructions. "This is to reach no eyes but the recipient's, understood?" the young messenger nodded and Deems sent him off. Walking the halls now, he came across his elder sister and Law. "Do either of you know when we're leaving?" he asked them, hoping they might have the answers, as Alexius hadn't briefed him on it timewise.

Alexius​
Seeing his brother agree and walk out Alexius found a sense of relief. His brother usually made sure to take care of himself so Alexius had trust in him. But before he would prepare his things he told himself "Maybe just a few minutes of sle..." as he passed out of exhaustion.

6b6c311171bcd0ab709ea52bbbb6a464.jpg
Interaction: NightPhoenix NightPhoenix , EndlessHope EndlessHope and Reiia silver Reiia silver
"Shush dearie~ I will talk to Grandmother. Also, I despise that she will arrange your marriage at such a young age. Angel, I'm 25 and I'm still not engaged or even had a crush. So that doesn't really make it any better than you are sixteen. I have sworn to myself that I will never give you or Keiran away. Not ever, except they get past me~" she tries to explain it, Jae would always teach them to be honest and themselves. She brushes through Angel's hair and smiles at her. "If you need me I'm going to pack my things for the trip. Please try to wake our brother up. Haha, my little sleppyhead~"

With those words, she stands up and leaves Angeline with Kieran alone. Jae could only chuckle at the thought of her little sister trying to wake up her older brother. With legs, heavier than steel she takes the stairs upstairs and enters her room, which was filled with the golden light of the sun. Jae smiles, oh how the southern kingdom would look like right now... it sure would be beautiful down there...

Filled with wanderlust she takes a suitcase and packs just 3 of her dresses, her axe, and her sword
cc391ddeb14c37d41376ae0695fb3957.jpg9952dc6454ec132cf3e74953cfcdbcc2.jpg
and something more decent like
561870a83cf7cbeffaf8f28e629266bd.jpg
92bbbf8f4c802ebbd7596d2f4fe7e769.jpg
cbc4be1abaeb78d15fd34750f597f9e4.jpg

"That should be enough, I don't expect to stay there for too long..." she whispers to herself, placing the last piece into her suitcase. Just as she finished that, she heard knocking. Facing the door surprised she let out a silent come in, as the door opens Akira enters her room. Her mood nearly immediately lightens up. "Akira dear~ What do you desire~?" she asks, while a smile crept up her lips.

Ari sheathed her blade just as a knock at the door caught her attention. It didn't take long for her to answer. Salazar's second in command was easy to recognize. Some believed him to be little more than a glorified scribe, others to be one of the greatest combatants of the southern forces. In Ari's opinion, both were the truth; though for a man who liked writing, he was very hard to read. "Ognyan. Do you need something sir?" Ari asked.

OrenjiGatsu OrenjiGatsu

Akira
walked into the princesses bedroom, a huge smile on his face as he walked up to her as he always smiled when he was able to see her. "Do I need a reason to see you my Princess?" He grabbed her hand, gently kissing the top of it as he always did. "Alas, you are right your Majesty I did come to see you about something./..." his mischievous look turned to one that was rather troubled and he worried a lot for her safety, especially upon hearing she would marry a man she didn't even know. "How are you handling the whole marriage idea? After all, I am hoping I may go with you and serve by your side as I always have, but I am afraid I might not be able to." Of course, what he meant by that was he was worried she would say he could not come in if that was the case he would not go, as he would always obey her no matter what.

"All I need is your permission but I may serve by your side and I shan't go anywhere else…" He bowed his head, awaiting her reply and hoping that the answer would be something he could handle.

Hyelin Hyelin

Hana
she was really glad at this point to see her brother, she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly as she absolutely adored him. He had a little bit of a hand in raising her, alongside her lady in waiting despite them not being that far apart in age. "Thank you so much big brother! I-" before she could say much of anything else though, in waltz her mother figure and lady in waiting . she Said her name and began to walk off to her chambers beckoning the girl along with her, Hana reached out for her brother, but he was no match for the older lady. "Come on, I was just having a little fun! Plus, I really don't want to think about going to the middle Kingdom as much as I'd love her Majesty, want to stay here and with my brothers and sister…" She quickly took the towel and began to dry herself off and let out a small noise as she took a seat.

With a soft sigh, Hana was so badly that she could somehow be saved from this and not her big brother could do something to help her. She made a pouty face, she thought about running away but that would probably stress out mother who was already in poor health and plus she had no desire to get Aster in trouble, the woman only ever tried to help. "I really just--" suddenly she leaned back, letting out a small noise. ." not now..." She drifted off to sleep rather quickly and probably could not be woken for a while.

PaperGhosts PaperGhosts dragonwriter_will dragonwriter_will

Erica
Erica had no desire to sit here where you stand here with her siblings talking about marriage, now that she knew where they were she had no intention of staying here. Especially since she didn't really want to talk to Salazar… They did not get along very well, but they were siblings and no matter how much they argued they still loved each other. "Well, you know where I am now and I don't really feel like staying here discussing war or are impending marriages.... so I bid you all a good day...." she thought abou what else she could do, the first thing that came to mind was find a way to escape this wretched place and to find out how to go about sending a message to her beloved. Maybe, she did get her spell right and go visit him in the evening, but she could only do that if he had a fire somewhere.

"I- I apologize… I suppose I'm being too harsh, I just.... Nevermind, it's not important-" she put her head down and stayed put, she had to be respectful as her siblings were not her enemies.

Mentions: dragonwriter_will dragonwriter_will
with: SomeRandomCanuck SomeRandomCanuck Wonderblue Wonderblue

Theia - Lady-in-Waiting to Princess Celeste of the West - 22
latest
She walked to the princess’ large wardrobe. As she looked at the selection, the princess wondered out loud about her suitability to be a wife. Well. Theia wanted to say something that would console the girl, anything, but she hesitated, biting her lip. “I’m sure - you’ll be a, uh, splendid wife,” she got out. Oh, that was perfect. Now her hesitance made it sound like she didn’t think it was true at all! Mentally berating herself, she decided to keep her mouth shut and began to take out a variety of dresses and other garments to show to the princess. She gently laid them out on the bed and waited for the princess to give her opinion on them.

Last edited:
Aster
Interactions: Reiia silver Reiia silver

Hana following her with a sigh as her fun had come to an end, Aster handed her the towel and pulled out something new for her to wear. "I know you don't want to leave, but it's for the best. The kingdom's needed alliances, and Queen Jade thought that marriage would be best. We can't go against her decisions." Aster told the young princess the same old that she had been since the summons came. Watching her plop down on the chair, she gave her lady a sympathetic smile before her face changed to one of concern. "Hana?" she said as the princess drifted off to sleep, the wet towel falling from her hand. Sighing slightly and brushing her damp hair out of her eyes, Aster smiled warmly at the girl she'd practically raised. She wished that the princess didn't have to leave her family and home behind, since she was so young. But duty calls, and Aster continued the preparations for their departure, waiting for Hana to awaken from her sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back