Faymarsh Village

Misaki Haruta

Misaki reluctantly did what her husband asked. She gently laid Mikuma back on the ground, standing up and taking a step back as Jack pressed the button to power up Mikuma once more. A smile painted her lips to see her daughter awake and moving. Misaki moved to stand beside her husband, her eyes remained on Mikuma as the Android went and asked Jack what his name was. 

@Kumii

@CactusJuice

Lilly didn't seem to be phased by the fact that Lizzie had just downed a pouch full of what was human blood, however the question of how she got it and from who did play on her mind a little... she shook the train of thought, not wanting to get caught up in anything that may trigger anything or that was irrelevant to their current situation. Gen had mentioned that a hunter was on his way to this building as they spoke. Lilly had never liked hunters. They were generally so prying and she had grown up with a vampire for a mother, so her general instinct was to avoid hunters if at all possible. They also had a bit of a habit of adopting dogs as companions. Not that there was anything wrong with dogs... they just unnerved Lilly, she'd managed to be friendly with a dog once before, but that was a completely different situation. Dogs that Hunters travelled with were often just as prying as their owners, if not more so! Always sniffing, learning everything about you through their noses, and they generally took quite an interest in Lilly, which didn't help her feel comfortable around them all they much.

@FrostFire @Bethari

Last edited by a moderator:

Kishimoto & Mikuma

Mikuma closed her eyes and her vision switched to the scout planes', it was just arriving over the town. The plane engine could be heard as it was flying low, she opened her eyes and like a downward swipe, her eyes changed from red to their blue color, Conducting search on 'Jack Aziarias'... "Jack Azarias, self-classified monster hunter and has a sum of money to pay for toys. Travels with a hound named Buffy. Upgraded threat level, orange." She looked around, Registry updated. "I am Mikuma."

"Right, and what'll happen if your traveling with her and she begins dying on you? Trust me, in the future you'll find it's useful in more than one way. Just experiment with it." He almost walked away before remembering, "Oh where are our manners? I'm Kishimoto Haruta, Former-CEO of Shutter labs in Japan. Pleasure to meet you, Jack."

@Kairikudo @CactusJuice

Jack blinked with surprise. It wasn't necessarily a secret, but that sort of information wasn't easy to get a hold of. "What do you mean by toys? They're weapons. And what the hell is threat level orange?"  His surprise was now mixed with confusion. Next thing he knew he was being told Mikuma was coming with him. He swung around to face her "father". "I mean it's a pleasure to meet you and all those pleasantries, but why would I be traveling with her? Didn't you hear her? I'm some loon who chases down monsters." He was hoping that they weren't aware of monsters; this was one situation where looking crazy was beneficial. Jack did not want to be signed up for android babysitting duties. Buffy walked over to him and sat down.
@Kumii
@Kairikudo

Kishimoto & Mikuma

Kishimoto smiled and pulled a gun from his lab coat and handed it to Mikuma, he then went to setup various targets, cans, bottles, etc. "Wanna have a friendly contest? Who can shoot the fastest and most accurate. Mikuma has never touched a weapon."

Mikuma scanned the weapon, "FN Five-Seven, introduced in 1998, the FN Five-Seven shoots 5.7 by 28mm ammunition. It was made as a sister weapon to the P90 and included many of the same qualities such as a lightwieght-polymer base, a large magazine, ambidexitirous control, low recoil and the ability to penetrate body armor with certain cartridge types. It is favored by various US government agencies such as the Secret Service and Police departments and has become increasingly popular with civilians. Variants include; Five-Seven, Five-Seven Tactical, Five-Seven IOM, Five-Seven USG, Five-Seven ODG/FDE, Five-Seven MK2."

Kishimoto glanced at Jack, "Please, have a friendly shoot-off." He smiled.

@CactusJuice

Misaki Haruta

tumblr_n9tz9axmyo1tvfekio1_500.jpg

Misaki wasn't really happy to hear her husband begun speaking as if Mikuma would be tagging along with him. Sure Mikuma wasn't her actual daughter, sure Mikuma wasn't human but an Android, but Misaki still saw her as her daughter, and like any mother it would be hard to part with her..again. she wasn't happy about the first time. She didn't say anything at all, which was unusual due to her normal friendly personality.

She had begun walking with Kishimoto back to the car when he came to a stop. Her eyes widen a bit when he handed a gun to Mikuma. What the hell was he doing? It's any mothers worst nightmare when their child is handed a gun. She looked at kishi in shock. She knew that Mikuma could easily use it though she had never even touched a weapon before but come on!

@CactusJuice @Kumii

A spark of competitiveness dazzled in Jack's eyes when Mikuma showed an impressive display of firearm knowledge. He'd spent years working with guns; he'd quite literally payed to receive special forces level training with various weapons. He had many friends in the military whom he regularly beat in paintball matches.  Despite often destroying them at paintball, Jack had always held a great amount of respect for soldiers, probably because he viewed himself as one. His hand drifted to the handle of his revolver. He wanted to see if they were able to make a machine that could outmatch his years of training. Then he saw the look on Misaki's face and rethought his situation. "This is a Short-Barreled Smith and Wesson 500 Magnum. With the right ammunition, I could probably bring down a small dinosaur." Even though it couldn't kill most of the monsters he had encountered, it was very good at slowing them down. "It's not really a "friendly-shoot off" kind of gun." Now that he'd thought about it more; it was quite absurd. Even if he had another weapon, they couldn't just start shooting guns in the middle of the street. His hand moved away from the gun. Besides, if his years as a rich bachelor had taught him anything, he knew you never wanted to be on a mother's bad side. "Anyways, I'm not worried about her ability to protect herself. I'm worried that you're giving your daughter to some guy you just met five minutes ago."  While he still thought is strange to refer to the android as their daughter, he used the term to give his point more effect.

@Kumii

@Kairikudo

Azriel/Kishimoto/Mikuma

Kishimoto nodded, "I'm not willingly, I'm stating when you end up in travels down the road. It's good to know the capabilities of your partners, this goes for any good monster hunter. Know your prey and have a plan of escape. I, for one, know about many creatures. Flugel, Vampires, Witches, etcetra, they exist and they are all to real. Now to my understanding, you have your toys... but do you know how to use them against your targets?" He asked.

Azriel heard her species named called, "Someone is talking about me." She fell off the building and flew around, she had fun flying. The wind in her hair... the adrenaline of being high up, "I wonder who--" Distracted by yet another tiny thing, she chased after it and flew right over the four on the ground, giggling, "Come back here!"

Kishimoto felt the soft breeze as Azriel flew over them, ignoring it, "So, where you going, son." He asked.

Mikuma looked at Jack then Kishimoto and Misaki, the loud roar of her scout plane's engine overhead, Scout Plane returning to ship. "If it's firepower your talking about, the 5 inch cannons on my ship are capable of taking down a large dinosaur. And have armor piercing capabilities, penetrating over 3 inches of steel armor. Although my variant fire modified High Explosive, they explode on impact and are highly destructive. Speaking of my ship." In the distant the roar of the nuclear engines on her ship can be heard, "My ship is just about here."

Kishimoto looked at Mikuma, "Ship? That wasn't part of my original design plan for you.." He stated.

@CactusJuice @Kairikudo

(Holy cold corndog, that was a pain in the arse.)

Jack shook his head. "Partner? What do you mean partner? Why is she my partner now? I just did what just about anyone else would do!" He sighed. "And yes. I know how to use my weapons. If the damned souls of the monsters I killed could speak; they'd vouch for me...wait a second. What in the God's name is a Flugel?" This was all moving much too fast for Jack. While he was a master of the battlefield, social situations were a different matter. Then he felt a breeze. He looked up, and he saw the butterfly-chasing woman chasing something. He wouldn't have been too surprised if it had not been for the fact she was flying. Immediately, his firearm was in hand and pointed at the woman. "Teki!" He commanded Buffy. It meant enemy in Japanese. Buffy immediately stood up and growled. Looking around, he was now ready to attack any enemy that dare present itself. Usually, Jack was not one to hesitate, but he refrained from pulling the trigger as he tried to figure out what kind of creature this woman must be. Obviously she was no Werewolf. She was in the sunlight, so she was not a vampire, and she did not seem to fear Buffy earlier. In fact, she seemed to like him a bit too much, so she was not a Kitsune. He racked his brain. Perhaps, she was a witch. Jack had never encountered one, but he heard stories of the law defying magic they could cast. Suddenly, the roar of an engine could be heard overhead, and Mikuma was talking to him. "Yeah, I try to avoid using explosives; the risk for civilian injury is too high." He said without ever taking his eyes or gun off the flying woman. Then more roaring could be heard in the distance, and Mikuma mentioned something about a ship. At this point, Jack wouldn't have been surprised if a ship with wings appeared on the horizon.

Azriel/Kishimoto/Mikuma

Kishimoto sighed, "No, you're completely missing what I'm saying." At this point he was irritate that Jack wasn't paying attention at all to what he was saying, "You know what just, forget it."

Ariel froze, "I feel a gun pointed at me." She quickly turned around and put a barrier around the weapon in Jack's hand, "I will dest- Oh." She realized that it was a human and released the barrier from his gun. "It's rude to point your gun at people." She said, though the Code of Ethics forbid harming a human, they say nothing about other animals. So as a precaution she put a barrier around Buffy and landed. "Lower your gun and tell your dog to stand down and I'll release him." She said with her crossed, in a more serious tone then her normal cheerful one.

Kishimoto looked at Azriel then at Jack, "That is a Flugel." He said, he stood back and watched he couldn't really do anything at this point, so he stood next to Misaki and watched, silently.

Mikuma scanned the woman, Scan Complete, Threat Level, unknown. Target has high magical capabilities. She just watched in silence.

@CactusJuice @Kairikudo

Misaki Haruta

Misaki was a bit relieved when Jack refused the shoot of challenge with Mikuma. She felt the breeze blow past her from above, causing her long brown hair to follow the breeze. Her eyes rolled to the upper corner to look at the Flugel who was innocently chasing a butterfly. Her eyes then fell on jack who was no pointing his gun at the girl. A small sigh passed her lips when the barrier was formed over Jacks gun. At this point there was nothing she could do between the feud between the two. If he wanted his Dog to live then it would be wise to put his Gun down like she said.

Misaki looked over at Mikuma. Her eyes softened a bit seeing the android watching in silence before looking up at her husband who was now standing by her side. She didn't seem to look away from Kishi once her eyes fell on him. It was as if she was examining him, which she was. She was examining every inch of him as if it was her first time seeing him all over again. 

@Kumii

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Jack’s conviction didn’t waver for a second. In his eyes, this was perfectly fair. The creature had it’s own likely more powerful weapons it could use at any time. Besides, he wasn't one to trust the words of a monster; she’d likely kill Buffy anyways. Jack kept his gun pointed at the creature before him with one hand. He used his other hand to pull his flip phone out once again. “I’m sorry, but my mother never taught me any manners regarding monsters.” Flipping it open, he pointed it at her, it emitted a flash and a clicking sound. He would have to add her to his data base. “I’d honestly rather avoid a confrontation until I figure out how to kill a creature like you, but if you harm my dog, there will be one, and every time you step foot in a human town you’ll find yourself in another one. I will track you across the globe if need be, and eventually I’ll find a way to kill you.” He said this in a serious, icy tone, and he meant every word of it. He snapped his phone closed and put it away. Jack didn’t particularly want to fight this creature of unknown abilities; he pointed his gun out of distrust rather than a want to fight, but no one hurt his dog and lived. Buffy was one of the few living family members he had. He'd go to hell and back to avenge him. Despite his conviction, he firmly uttered a command. “Detenter!” It meant "stop" in Spanish. Buffy relaxed. The fur on his back went down, he stopped baring his teeth, and he began sniffing the barrier curiously. Jack truly loved his dog, so he’d rather keep him out of harm’s way. Without turning away from the woman, he addressed the scientist. “Mr Haruta, what exactly is that Flugal’s do? Do they prey on humans like other beasts, or do they serve some other purpose?” He preferred to gain as much information as possible before this possible fight began.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@Kumii @Kairikudo[/SIZE]

Azriel/Kishimoto/Mikuma

Kishimoto stared at Jack when he addressed him as 'Mr. Haruta' "Ugh, I hate formalities.." Despite this he answered his question to the best of his ability, "Well they have an obligation to protect us humans, the reason they do is unknown to even other beasts but are widely considered as the strongest magically among the others. Whether this is true is debatable, but considering their strong connection with magic they can pull more powerful attacks than the rest. Though if you can guess they become very weak when disconnected from said source, however they have a backup source called the Spirit Circuits which directly connects to them." He tried remembering something, "Let's see.. what else... Oh! Almost forgot... they're also immortal, so killing them isn't easy if at all."

Azriel applauded the man, "He's got it, but here's a bit more about us, we follow a Code of Ethics that restricts us from engaging humans in combat unless provoked. The Code, however, states nothing about dogs or other animals, so that dog is fair game, as much I like dogs I will not hesitate to end his life. These Codes also restrict the amount of power we can use on an un-provoked attack, that was about 50% of my full power." She said.

Kishimoto added, "They are also loyal creatures, best a Flugel in fair combat and they'll consider you a master and obey you."

Mikuma looked around and saw what looked like a detective agency that caught her eye in the way it was named, "Sunrise Detective Agency? Interesting." She mumbled. She ran and jumped to the roof of a nearby building.

@CactusJuice @Kairikudo

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Jack looked at the scientist then looked at the monster. “I really don’t give a damn about your powers; monsters like you don’t scare me. Death takes everything eventually, and not even gods are above the reach of man. “ He holstered his weapon, pulled his cigar away from his lips, and blew some smoke. “However, there’s no point in fighting a friendly beast; I have more important things to be doing.” Jack really wasn't currently equipped to deal with such a being anyways. Putting the cigar back to his lips, Jack walked over and picked up his briefcases. He looked around for the detective agency; he’d wasted far too much time with these people.[/SIZE] [SIZE=14.666666666666666px]Not even bothering to look at her, he spoke.  “I know you like him. in fact, I fear you like him a bit too much, but I would appreciate it if you let my dog go.” [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]@Kumii @Kairikudo[/SIZE]

Azriel/Kishimoto/Mikuma

Kishimoto adjusted his glasses, "If you think about it, who's the real monster here." He asked before turning away, "Someone that hunts the 'monsters' or the 'monster' that's different just because they have magic and look different. Maybe you should think before subject someone to reticulation there, Jacky boy."

Azriel looked at Jack and with a simple statement, "Test me next time." She let his dog go. Just because she liked dogs and other animals, doesn't mean she won't end it's life without second thought, in fact she was quite different. She snapped her fingers and in an instant she disappeared.

Kishimoto was quite irritated by how the man acted towards the creature that lives to protect them, having noticed Mikuma was gone he finally grabbed the handle of the car door, "Oh and Jacky boy... remember, there can always be exceptions made to the rules. Just a little heads up." He winked and got in the car and started the engine.

Meanwhile Mikuma approached the Agency building, "What is a place like this doing in a town like this?" She proceeded to open the door, "Is there anyone even here?" She said quietly.

@CactusJuice @Kairikudo @FrostFire @Bethari @Geozaki

Misaki Haruta

Misaki hadn't looked away from Kishi. She had no interest in what was happening with Jack and Azriel. She looked back to where Mikuma once stood to find her gone. A soft sigh passed her lips. There was no use going after her when she didn't sea where she went. She listened to Kishi,she could tell he was getting annoyed with Jack. She could hear the irritation in his voice. Once he grabbed the handle to the car door she took that as a sign he was ready to leave. Misaki moved to the passenger side and got in. She sat down, leaning back into the seat closing her eyes.

@Kumii

[SIZE=14.666666666666666px]His face darkened, and Jack looked down as he heard Kishimoto’s words. They stung a bit coming from a human, and small part of him wanted to admit everything he said could be true. “...you know I’ve thought about that a lot, Mr. Haruta. I’ve concluded that the best hunters become what they hunt.” He looked at man and his wife. His face melted into a warm, slightly embarrassed smile. “I [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]am [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]very sorry about the misunderstanding though. I’m sorry if I scared you in anyway. You can look me up to find my contact info. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to make it up to you.” He gave them a small, apologetic bow. “Buffy!” He called his dog to his side. “I must be off.” Giving them a friendly wave, he quickly walked over to the Sunrise Detective Agency. He set his briefcases down, put out his cigar, and threw it away. [/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px]I hope I haven’t wasted too much time.[/SIZE][SIZE=14.666666666666666px] He picked his bags back up and walked in.[/SIZE]

@Kumii @Kairikudo @FrostFire @Bethari @Geozaki

Kishimoto/Mikuma

Kishimoto sighed because just before he entered the car he heard that name again... 'Mr. Haruta'. After Misaki got in Kishimoto sat in the car for a bit, he seemed deep in thought about what Jack said just now.

Mikuma noticed Jack walk in and followed him, she was quite curious about this place and decided the best course would be to follow someone who actually knows what in the hell they were doing and Jack seemed like he did. Two life forms detected. Not counting Genevieve, Mikuma detected two life signs, Jack and Lizzie, however unsure of where the other was she still decided to follow Jack.

@CactusJuice @Kairikudo @FrostFire @Geozaki @Bethari

Misaki Haruta

After a few moments Misaki broke the silence that had filled the car. Her tone of voice was soft.

"I have a feeling she is going to follow that man." Her head then turned towards Kishi, her eyes opening. A sad expression on her face.

"It's silly, I know she's not our daughter by birth, but it still hurts to leave her on her own..."

@Kumii

Lilly turned in her seat as she heard the door open, followed by a familiar voice. It was the girl from earlier. Lilly was happy to see that she was ok now, but her happiness was quickly replaced by a pang of guilt. She'd left the girl in a poor condition in the middle of the street, she'd failed to help her. The girl lingered by the door until the man Lilly had seen earlier walked in, accompanied by a rather large dog. As he walked in the girl followed him though the doorway. Lilly averted her eyes from them and sunk into her chair nervously. This situation was rapidly becoming harder for her to deal with emotionally. She closed her eyes, praying that the dog didn't seem to be as interested in her as most others were, as well as hoping the fact that she was only a child may give everyone else the impression that it wasn't worth including her in any conversation that would no doubt begin any moment now...

@FrostFire @Bethari @CactusJuice @Kumii

As Lizzie returned to her desk, an odor wafted through the door, followed by a man. He stunk of cigar smoke and garlic. 

This must be the hunter Gen was talking about, she thought, If he had come a few seconds earlier...

"Welcome to Sunrise Detective Agency," Liz said, trying to push the previous thought from her mind, "Please, sit down! I'll pull up another chair."

A folding chair leaned against the wall behind the detective's desk. She set it down next to the little girl and Gen, offering it to her newest client. She paid no attention to the android who followed him, but not because she was being rude. No, it was because the whole scene was surreal enough as it was. First, there was this vampire who thought that Liz could save the world, then the monster hunter, who, admittedly, was similar to the clients she normally worked for, and then this robot girl. It was so out of place, like she belonged in a sci-fi film, with laser guns and space cruisers, not some dingy little detective office in the middle of nowhere. 

Lizzie Goodman was sure she was dreaming. She tried to remain professional anyway.

Mikuma/Kishimoto

Kishimoto snapped out of his deep thought when he heard Misaki's voice, "You're right, she's a combat AI, she was designed to fend for herself. If she were actually our daughter, I would feel the same." He said he put a hand on the wheel and put the car into drive and drove around town, not really wanting to go back to the lab in the mountains.

Mikuma's sensor picked up a third life form... Lilly, This one she recognized, the little girl from earlier, "I know that signature.." She looked around and saw a girl slowly sinking into her chair along with two other people, that would make 4 total human signatures... but why didn't her sensor pick up Genevieve's signature? She walked up to Lilly and crouched down and just stared at her before finally saying something, "What is your name?"

@Geozaki @Kairikudo

(Let me know if these merged character posts get confusing for you. I'll make them seperate character posts again, in this form it's just easier for me to post. Goes for you too guys @FrostFire @Bethari @CactusJuice, Also it's surprising that Lizzie can make out a perfectly human like robot from a human without having a close look or some sort of metal detector.)

Misaki Haruta

Hearing Kishimotos words stung her. He knew after the accident she had been in when she was younger that the doctor said she would never have kids. The accident hadn't been her fault, it was the other driver who was drunk and swerved into her lane, causing a head on collision. After her accident and hearing the news that she would never be a mother, she fell into a deep depression. It caused her weight to drop rapidly to a point you could see her ribs. She was hospitalized by her parents because it was so bad and up until 9 years prior to the current date she has been off her meds. What he said triggered her depression, reminding her of that accident.

"Do you regret that we will never have a child of our own...?"

Her bangs shadowed over her eyes, her tone almost lacked any emotion.

@Kumii

As his eyes adjusted to the room, Jack looked around. Two new faces greeted him. The face of who he assume was hopefully his new partner, and the face of who he assumed was Gen's daughter. Sure he'd caught a glimpse of her before, but he had been much too focused on the...android. He still wasn't sure how he felt about her; he didn't even know how he should treat her. Should he treat her like a human or his person? Speaking of the android, she...it? seemed to have followed him in. His focus shifted back to the little girl, and he couldn't help but smile. Jack had always liked children, in a non-creepy, appropriate way of course; they reminded him of what he was fighting for. He didn't want an adorable girl like Gen's daughter to lose her parents to a monster like he had. Buffy saw the girl too, and his tail began wagging. Children had always liked him, so they were the best people to go to for love, pets, and belly rubs. Jack noticed Buffy's excitement. "Sit." He firmly commanded Buffy. Buffy whined a bit in protest, but sat near the entrance to the building. "Thank you." He addressed who he hoped would soon be his comrade-in-arms. Jack walked over to his seat next to the girl. He looked at Mikuma who apparently was his partner already. "Let me show you a more effective and polite way to receive some one's name." He turned to the girl, and a warm smile spread across his face. "I don't believe we had the pleasure of officially meeting. My name is Jack." He held out his hand. 
@Kumii @Bethari @Geozaki @FrostFire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back