Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sims Medieval

• Sims 4

• Total voters

SparkleBreaker

♥ Pineapple Queen ♥
What is your Favorite Sims game and why?

Sims2 is my favorite. This game stole more hours of my life than the rest of them. I preferred how they look back then, more cartoonish. The countless dumb acts Sims now a days are too smart to do.

I prefer Sims 2 for the most part as well (childhood preference and all that), but I also liked the more options when placing furniture in Sims 3. Being able to put it on a diagonal just ups the feng shui, you know?

Oh, yes. I like that in Sims 4 you get "clutter" items that just make the house seemed more lived in. You still get that freedom with placing items and furniture like in Sims 3. The open world I really liked too.

I loved Sims 3, although sometimes my computer couldn't handle the open world concept. Sims 4 is fantastic in terms of graphics and customization, but it feels so bland after all the content they released for the Sims 3.

My favourite sims game is one of the more obscure ones. 'The sims bustin out', it was the game I grew up with and had little gimmicks which just made it that much more fun! I have aims 2 (and a couple of its DS counterparts (sims 2 pets, the sims 2 (the one in the hotel)) and sims 3 pets, but as an overall game I think sims busting out has to be my favourite

valenceflame said:
I loved Sims 3, although sometimes my computer couldn't handle the open world concept. Sims 4 is fantastic in terms of graphics and customization, but it feels so bland after all the content they released for the Sims 3.
I had that problem a lot with Sims 3. I kept having invisible babies I couldn't take care of and it was just too glitchy for my liking. Plus, when I tried to adjust the bodies it never line up correct unless it was like medium size person. The ankles would be off to one side and the stomach. Just a mess. I feel Sims 4 will get there with the expansion packs and so on. I really do like the Sims 4. That is the one I'm currently playing.

Geozaki said:
My favourite sims game is one of the more obscure ones. 'The sims bustin out', it was the game I grew up with and had little gimmicks which just made it that much more fun! I have aims 2 (and a couple of its DS counterparts (sims 2 pets, the sims 2 (the one in the hotel)) and sims 3 pets, but as an overall game I think sims busting out has to be my favourite
Never played that one or heard of it. We didn't have a nice computer that could really handle any games until Sims 2. How is it different from the others?

I grew up playing the Sims 2, but I have to say that I prefer the Sims 3. When it's running smoothly, I think it's the most fun game of the series, especially with the Pets expansion pack. I still get cravings to go back and build up a farm with a bunch of horseys on it. Only thing lacking from Sims 3 I think was the cut scenes from the Sims 2. I dunno man, it was just so satisfying to see your sims have their first kiss or whatever in a little cut scene lolz

Never played the Sims 4, but from what I saw of it on Youtube, it doesn't look like my cup of tea.

SeaBreezy said:
I grew up playing the Sims 2, but I have to say that I prefer the Sims 3. When it's running smoothly, I think it's the most fun game of the series, especially with the Pets expansion pack. I still get cravings to go back and build up a farm with a bunch of horseys on it. Only thing lacking from Sims 3 I think was the cut scenes from the Sims 2. I dunno man, it was just so satisfying to see your sims have their first kiss or whatever in a little cut scene lolz
Never played the Sims 4, but from what I saw of it on Youtube, it doesn't look like my cup of tea.
Those cut scenes in Sims 2 were really satisfying. I do sort of miss those. I in general miss that game. I have the discs, but lost the codes. =(

Honestly, the big thing I noticed different wise in Sims 3 and 4 was no toddlers and no longer an open world. Toddlers annoyed the hell out of me. So that doesn't really bother me. The open world caused a lot of glitches and I never got the Sims 3 running smoothly for me for long. I'm sure great expansion packs will be in store for Sims 4 in the long run. I personally liked the Supernatural expansion pack the most in the Sims 3. That was a really fun one. I guess that would be a complaint for the Sims 4. There expansion packs are to real. Sort of miss the Night life and ones like that.

SparkleBreaker said:
Never played that one or heard of it. We didn't have a nice computer that could really handle any games until Sims 2. How is it different from the others?
I'm not sure if it was released for PC, I've never played sims on PC before. I had busting out for the PS2 and it was rather similar to sims 2, but with a few differences. It had a campaign or free play mode, in the campaign you had to work your way through a business and take over a mansion, but if you died it was game over. And free play was just as you'd expect make up to 4 sims, and take control of them. It had a few gimmicks which are what makes it my favourite. You could build fireworks and bombs, you could incubate masters plants and that sort of stuff.

Geozaki said:
I'm not sure if it was released for PC, I've never played sims on PC before. I had busting out for the PS2 and it was rather similar to sims 2, but with a few differences. It had a campaign or free play mode, in the campaign you had to work your way through a business and take over a mansion, but if you died it was game over. And free play was just as you'd expect make up to 4 sims, and take control of them. It had a few gimmicks which are what makes it my favourite. You could build fireworks and bombs, you could incubate masters plants and that sort of stuff.
Ah, I see. I love my sims on the PC. That is probably why it went undetected.

God, I love The Sims and each of its continuations.

The original series is a classic. I come back to it and binge play the hell out of it at least once a year.

The Sims 2 is my go-to nowadays what with all my other versions being out of commission (goddamn you desktop, you piece of shit). Honestly, there's so much to love about '2. Out of all four games, this version definitely has the best premade sims in my opinion. I never found premades from '3 and '4 to be memorable—it all boils down to storyline, honestly. You don't forget a sim like Olive Spector and her graveyard of dead husbands and service sims. The premades in '2 felt like actual characters as opposed to pixels on a screen, you know? Hell, even the townies stood out. I'll see those sexy black pants w/flames out of the corner of my eye and I'll know it's romance sim Sandy Bruty coming to strut her stuff.

Speaking of romance sims, oh damn, do I love those aspirations. That's another thing '2 does better than '3 and '4 in my opinion. The wish/whim systems try, but they don't compare to becoming permaplat or going into aspiration failure and receiving a visitor from the Therapist.

And I liked how personality points were still a thing and how it contributed to the sim's character. Sim gets flustered when you flirt with them? Shy. Compulsively makes the bed and cleans every filthy surface available? 10-point neatfreak. Gets excited over mean interactions? This asshole is definitely lacking nice points.

I could go on and on about '2, but I'll move on.

The Sims 3 is sweet in terms of its open world and stellar customization, and all the expansions together provided so much to do in terms of gameplay that I never felt like I'd been there, done that with the game; there was always something left to do.

The biggest fault I find with '3 is how 'heavy' the game is. For as much shit I give my desktop, it's actually a fairly decent setup, but it still struggles with '3. Hell, I've heard that even superior setups struggle with '3. It's a monster of a game.

The Sims 4 has gradually won me over. I was skeptical when it was revealed, but it's earned my affections. CAS is sexy as hell (even more so now with everything being unisex and the new gender customization options, eee <3) and I like the new emotion system more than I thought I would. Also, I was never a builder in the previous games, but the simplicity of building in '4 has me going into the game exclusively to build. Honestly, if I could run my game right now without issue, I would likely be building.

It's a good thing too, considering the gameplay is a bit lacking. I think I would struggle to return to the game if not for fan-made challenges. As of now, there isn't content in '4 to keep it from feeling repetitive. Still, I'm optimistic about the future of '4. It's shown a lot of potential and I'm excited to see where it goes.

That being said, I don't think the community is going to be sated until they get back toddlers. I'm impartial. It was never my favorite life stage, but admittedly it's a little jarring to see a baby leap out of its bassinet and age eight years. It reminds me of the original game.

You know, minus the constant fear of the social worker breaking down your door and stealing your baby because you left it crying for five in-game minutes, you neglectful piece of shit parent.

OH WOW I rambled! Whoops. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a fan of the series, aha. c':

Geozaki said:
I'd love to play them on PC, but I own a mac, and quite an old one at that...
I play my Sims 3 on a Mac actually, it usually just depends on your graphics cars and how much RAM you're running. I have the aluminum MacBook Pro from late 2011, and it runs sims fine tbh

SparkleBreaker said:
I think they do make Mac versions now, but I dunno how old your taking. So it might not be able to handle it.
[QUOTE="Noire Tukino]I play my Sims 3 on a Mac actually, it usually just depends on your graphics cars and how much RAM you're running. I have the aluminum MacBook Pro from late 2011, and it runs sims fine tbh

[/QUOTE]
Ohmugosh! I think I may have to do some saving, then some game buying!

[QUOTE="Daffodil Inquiry]God, I love The Sims and each of its continuations.
The original series is a classic. I come back to it and binge play the hell out of it at least once a year.

The Sims 2 is my go-to nowadays what with all my other versions being out of commission (goddamn you desktop, you piece of shit). Honestly, there's so much to love about '2. Out of all four games, this version definitely has the best premade sims in my opinion. I never found premades from '3 and '4 to be memorable—it all boils down to storyline, honestly. You don't forget a sim like Olive Spector and her graveyard of dead husbands and service sims. The premades in '2 felt like actual characters as opposed to pixels on a screen, you know? Hell, even the townies stood out. I'll see those sexy black pants w/flames out of the corner of my eye and I'll know it's romance sim Sandy Bruty coming to strut her stuff.

Speaking of romance sims, oh damn, do I love those aspirations. That's another thing '2 does better than '3 and '4 in my opinion. The wish/whim systems try, but they don't compare to becoming permaplat or going into aspiration failure and receiving a visitor from the Therapist.

And I liked how personality points were still a thing and how it contributed to the sim's character. Sim gets flustered when you flirt with them? Shy. Compulsively makes the bed and cleans every filthy surface available? 10-point neatfreak. Gets excited over mean interactions? This asshole is definitely lacking nice points.

I could go on and on about '2, but I'll move on.

The Sims 3 is sweet in terms of its open world and stellar customization, and all the expansions together provided so much to do in terms of gameplay that I never felt like I'd been there, done that with the game; there was always something left to do.

The biggest fault I find with '3 is how 'heavy' the game is. For as much shit I give my desktop, it's actually a fairly decent setup, but it still struggles with '3. Hell, I've heard that even superior setups struggle with '3. It's a monster of a game.

The Sims 4 has gradually won me over. I was skeptical when it was revealed, but it's earned my affections. CAS is sexy as hell (even more so now with everything being unisex and the new gender customization options, eee <3) and I like the new emotion system more than I thought I would. Also, I was never a builder in the previous games, but the simplicity of building in '4 has me going into the game exclusively to build. Honestly, if I could run my game right now without issue, I would likely be building.

It's a good thing too, considering the gameplay is a bit lacking. I think I would struggle to return to the game if not for fan-made challenges. As of now, there isn't content in '4 to keep it from feeling repetitive. Still, I'm optimistic about the future of '4. It's shown a lot of potential and I'm excited to see where it goes.

That being said, I don't think the community is going to be sated until they get back toddlers. I'm impartial. It was never my favorite life stage, but admittedly it's a little jarring to see a baby leap out of its bassinet and age eight years. It reminds me of the original game.

You know, minus the constant fear of the social worker breaking down your door and stealing your baby because you left it crying for five in-game minutes, you neglectful piece of shit parent.

OH WOW I rambled! Whoops. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a fan of the series, aha. c':

[/QUOTE]
I was really young when the Sims came out. I remember having to sneak on and play my family because it was my brothers game and he didn't want me on it. I don't remember much about that game though.

Oh, yes. I miss strange town soo much. All the premade sims where pretty awesome. I do miss being able to make the town from scratch. That way I could have my own quirky dramatic town filled with freaks. You can modify the towns in four, but it just isn't the same. I might just need to repurchase those codes and play that version for a while again.

It was whenever I installed custom items or sims that 3 would wig out on me. The body was always off, but the invisible babies that grew into freakish monsters always happened when I installed custom content, which was one of the many reasons I loved sims two. Downloading custom sims.

I like the moodlets too. At first I was like eh, but slowly it started growing on me trying to get them to be in a certain mood for work and so forth. When they're angry it is really fun to play.

The options to build in sims 4 is amazing and one of my fav parts. Also I feel you can do more with editing the sim, minus not being able to customize the clothes as much. I really don't know why all the hate on 4. It isn't
that bad and they fixed the pool and hot tub stuff. I'm sure if the community keeps on their way toddlers might show up in an expansion pack? The bassinet part is pretty weird and I sort of miss the crib option. Toddlers were adorable and all, but I hated watching the nanny in my house. >.> Those lazy bitches half the time ignored my child! I heard in sims 3 there was a glitch in the beginning they had to fix and that nannies would run off with the toddlers and never came back.

Oh, ramble on. I love these games and no one in my life understand the love for the game. Have you played any of the expansion packs for Sims 4?

Aaaaaaa, Sims. Pretty much my entire childhood.

When my mom was pregnant with my little brother (i was two) she used to sit down and play classic games with me. Most memorable are Rollercoaster Tycoon, and the original Sims. We can't play either of those anymore, unfortunately, due to computer limitations, but my brother's computer might be able to run them later when my dad is done fixing it. I don't remember much about it, I'm afraid.

Sims 2 was the first game I ever got that was mine. Everything else before it was either my mom's or shared with my little brother, so I was thrilled to have a game to myself. I was eight, I think?

I would play it for hours, sometimes with my mom or brother. When I got the university expansion, I got really annoyed with the cow mascots and every single time I saw one I would cheat in a cow plant and lock the mascot up with it using chairs. I found it so satisfying to see the rude cow that liked to smack my sim in the face get eaten by another cow.

The customization options in 2 aren't the best, but they worked. I didn't care. The next three Christmases and birthdays, all I wanted was expansion packs, and spent most of my spare time wrecking the lives of NPCs I didn't like, building gaudy and tacky houses, and creating rich families.

I recently finished collecting the set, but now we don't have access to a computer that runs them as they're all Windows-only. Again, maybe my brother's computer will run them later. I sure hope so.

Sims 3 is pretty good. I got that one a few years ago and between me and my mom I have over three hundred hours clocked into it. The customization options are amazing and the open world makes the town feel a lot more alive.

Everything is more dynamic and there's plenty to do. I haven't even finished exploring all the features yet. I enjoy it, but in the end it's still not the same as 2.

I miss social bunny visits. I miss murdering pesky cow mascots (the llamas are annoying but not the same), I miss my nice apartments and in 2, everything just feels more simple. I like that. And 2 also has the nostalgia factor going for it.

Aand 4. I got 4 last Christmas, and I must say it did leave me and my family pretty disappointed. I don't understand why they trashed the open world, because frankly I preferred it. I don't like that the completely changed the interface, it makes older players like me confused. I go to go into build mode and hang on, it's not there anymore. I gotta go to the opposite corner. I don't like toddlers much, but c'mon man, being a toddler is not the same as being a baby. It's a pretty key stage in development. I really think it should be brought back.

I do like create-a-sim. I like what they did with unisex hair and clothing and stuff, I never did like the female clothes in the other games and it was long overdue. But I don't think what it has over the other games makes up for what it lacks.

Overall, 2>3>4 and I don't know where to place 1.

SparkleBreaker said:
I was really young when the Sims came out. I remember having to sneak on and play my family because it was my brothers game and he didn't want me on it. I don't remember much about that game though.
Oh, yes. I miss strange town soo much. All the premade sims where pretty awesome. I do miss being able to make the town from scratch. That way I could have my own quirky dramatic town filled with freaks. You can modify the towns in four, but it just isn't the same. I might just need to repurchase those codes and play that version for a while again.

It was whenever I installed custom items or sims that 3 would wig out on me. The body was always off, but the invisible babies that grew into freakish monsters always happened when I installed custom content, which was one of the many reasons I loved sims two. Downloading custom sims.

I like the moodlets too. At first I was like eh, but slowly it started growing on me trying to get them to be in a certain mood for work and so forth. When they're angry it is really fun to play.

The options to build in sims 4 is amazing and one of my fav parts. Also I feel you can do more with editing the sim, minus not being able to customize the clothes as much. I really don't know why all the hate on 4. It isn't
that bad and they fixed the pool and hot tub stuff. I'm sure if the community keeps on their way toddlers might show up in an expansion pack? The bassinet part is pretty weird and I sort of miss the crib option. Toddlers were adorable and all, but I hated watching the nanny in my house. >.> Those lazy bitches half the time ignored my child! I heard in sims 3 there was a glitch in the beginning they had to fix and that nannies would run off with the toddlers and never came back.

Oh, ramble on. I love these games and no one in my life understand the love for the game. Have you played any of the expansion packs for Sims 4?
Ahh, you might be able to get the complete addition of The Sims 2 for free if you email the team at Origin (or EA)? I know they've got the game up there—I was able to acquire a digital copy for free when they had this special deal going on for the game's anniversary. I don't think the deal is running anymore, but since you've already bought the games and are only missing the codes, you might be able to get a digital copy if you provide proof of purchase of your old game(s). It could be worth a shot, anyway.

Ah, same! The custom towns in '2 were awesome! I know there was a world-building tool in '3, but I found it a little too complex and time consuming for my tastes. I liked the simplicity of choosing a template in '2 and then just running with it.

I think I would like toddlers and children more if there were more things for them to do, you know? Those life stages to get the shaft in terms of content, unfortunately. And I have to agree with you on nannies. They're notoriously atrocious. c': That glitch is hilarious, though. Go on, nanny—take my sim's child! One less brat for me to deal with, hahaha.

I have! I was happy when Get to Work came out because I Ambitions was one of my favorite expansions from '3. I really enjoyed the pack all in all, but I found the police career to be a little dry. I think it would have been better if they mixed up the crime scenes with different scenarios so that it wasn't the same thing over and over again. As for Get Together, I wasn't sure about it at first, but the club system turned out to be a blast and the amount of build/buy content that came with the game was wonderful. I'm looking forward to when they get around to announcing the next expansion—I've heard rumors of 'Pets' being in development. Of the obligatory expansions, I'd have to say Pets isn't high on my ratings list—I don't give my sims animal companions often—but I'll take it if it comes. It'll be interesting to see what 4 does differently this time, anyway. I'm kind of hoping for the introduction of farm animals in the game—either in the pets expansion or a game pack—but I'm not expecting it. I know they had the chicken coop and the cow from the store in '3, but there wasn't really much you could do with them from what I saw. It would be cool if you could run and operate an animal farm on your home lot, you know? Give my farmer sims something to do other than grow plants for a living.

I honestly miss the Sims 2. My previous laptop couldn't download the game for some reason and I was really sad about that. Laptop why u do dis ! -flails my arms- Maybe I'll try to download it on here now, if my mom didn't sell them already... T°T But well, I've now downloaded the Sims 4 and it's nice but yeah... kinda not that exciting but it's nice to play once in a while. I like the building options though, they're more advanced and I can do stuff now that wouldn't succeed in previous Sims games. <-< That's a plus point, I also like the clothes a lot more but that's personal preference. -shrugs- Adoring the long dresses with floral prints because they're so cute. (^///^)

God damn... The Sims: Unleashed was a good chuck of my life. Every day I was on that thing.

Sims 3 for sure, but I'm starting to play Sims 4 as well.

I like the sims 3 because of the pattern selector and how you can have any color eye, hair, eyebrows, or clothes you want, and not just preselected colors.

I would have to say Sims Four due to the building options. My favorite thing to do is build and design the houses i use.

Though i have to agree with @Katniss on the Creation of sims. They really lack individuality with not being able to give unique colors other than the selected few. However, I do like the fact that it is more detailed and you can change more features. One thing i wish they add is the ability to change height. Not all teens and young adults are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back