• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Ultimatum (IC)

OOC
Here
Avenger
Beast's Lair | No, there is no Hentai here.

Avenger clutched her wound, begrudgingly walking heavy steps into Beast's lair, each step bouncing off the empty walls of the cavern, echoing downward. All the while, Avenger was murmuring curses underneath her breath. "Stupid saint-looking bastard. I'll kill him. I'll kill him. I'll kill him." As much as Avenger despised the thought, that Ruler servant was not something she could easily handle alone. "I want to kill him." She murmured again, this time, louder.

As she continued down the damp, dark underground network, she caught sight of a severed appendage of a sickly green color, crawling along the wall like some sort of grotesque worm. That was a clear sign she was nearing the heart of the lair. These disgusting creatures crawled out of Beast's mass like termites. They made Avenger's stomach churn. Revolting, pitiful creatures. Avenger sneered in contempt as she raised her leg and stepped on the despicable thing with all her strength. Unable to withstand Avenger's attack, the pitiful thing exploded as bone and flesh flew all over the walls and ground.

It wasn't as if Beast wasn't able to 'hand-make' monstrosities with a bit more... 'elegance', let's say. But Beast kept saying something about 'needing time to rest' or something because he 'already expended quite a bit of mana as he had used his Noble Phantasm earlier'.

What Noble Phantasm? Avenger could only imagine a grotesque, eldritch Deity such as Beast's Noble Phantasm to spell the end of the world, or something nice-sounding like that. So, if Beast really used his Noble Phantasm, why were those disgusting humans still crawling around? They cause so much suffering, and yet those revolting creatures still sleep soundly at night. She was going to change that. No matter what, she would not forgive them-

Avenger stopped. Forgive them for what, exactly? Why was she seeking their ruin, again? Just trying to remember what misdeeds they had done to her made the fire within her rage.

She eventually came across the end of the labyrinth of tunnels, which connected to the central chamber, a massive cavern, ceiling infested with Stalactites threatening to break and fall at any time. In the center was an incredibly wide, gaping chasm, filled by the revolting mass that was Beast. Stalactites that fell from the ceiling would simply be swallowed by the river of flesh. "Curse you, Beast. What is this business about a Ruler?!" Avenger immediately demanded.

"Avenger. Sustained multiple wounds. Black Keys possess purifying qualities. Troublesome. Will repair entity Avenger immediately."

Avenger snarled, she wanted answers from Beast, not the pile of meat talking to itself. "I don't need your help on that," she snapped at Beast. However, Abhoth seemed insistent.

"Battle with wounds, inefficient. Must correct. Will repair wounds. Limbs also damaged. Request injured arm. Will give back, better."

Tentacles reached out from Beast's writhing form, which were swiftly slapped away by Avenger. "I'm not just going to tear off my arm and give it to you!"

"Understood. Will use alternative."

Avenger didn't quite understand what Beast meant, though she didn't like the sound of it. And she was right to... Innumerably more tentacles sprouted from Beast's form which restrained Avenger by the arms and legs. "What the hell?!" Avenger protested. "I'm not that hurt! You're like a parent who throws a panic fit because their kid scratched their toe!" She exclaimed angrily at Beast, all the while thrashing and demanding Beast to let go.

"Entity Abhoth is commonly referred to as 'Father of all Impurity'."

"..."

"Was attempt at humor."

"It wasn't funny."

"Will begin repairs on Avenger."

Avenger snarled viciously at Beast as the tentacles dragged her into the pool of flesh, and began to slowly submerge under the creature. Suddenly, her eyes widened in horror as she felt tendrils dig into her exposed wound, writhing around inside the exposed flesh. Then, she let out a bone rattling screech as Beast continued his 'repairs'. The pain was indescribable, the closest analogy would be having a red-hot screwdriver soaked in salt viciously thrust into an infected wound. And the screwdriver is also ridden with teeth. She continued to shrill until her form was completely submerged underneath the river of flesh.

After what seemed like hours to Avenger, her hand finally emerged from Beast's mass, followed by the rest of her body...

Completely naked again.

"If you weren't Beast, I would have killed you already...''
Avenger growled toward Beast.

No reply.

''Damn you a hundred times over, you bastard! I'm going to kill somebody now!''
Avenger exclaimed right as her dress materialized around her body and left Beast, all the while ignoring Beast's reasoning about how 'it's not a good idea to kill people out in public' or something.

A̶̤̫͖̟̻͆͐z̴͓̫̓̆͌̆̾͑͑͒̚̕r̸̳̀̓̽̏̇̎̀̚á̸̧̰̟̺̰͙̎̎̐͛̀̋̈́̕ͅe̵̟̦͉̦̪͙̩̹͛̈̐̉̍ͅl̵̨̟̈́̌̐̾̊̅͘

Azrael was surprised to find two practical miracles come forth. One being that the Servant name dropped, revealing his identity, if anyone could do some background research anyways. Otr was not one he was familiar with, of his knowledge of many myths spanning across Africa, Europe, Western Asia, and some of South America. Leaving it as a problem for another day would be best; he had a master that was more accustomed to information gathering in the modern age. A wise choice, under the circumstances the Assassin kept uncovering.

The second miracle was that this Saber intended to "work together" with the skeletal scythe wielder, with no hesitation. Under this agreement, both would accrue knowledge from other servants and their masters as to the hidden mechanisms pulling the strings of this war. Whether the next meeting with Saber was a battle, pass by, or casual conversation; information will be traded. 'Success on that front, time to move on.' He surmised.

Bidding a bow of farewell, Saber already started upholding his side of the bargain, with a crucial reveal. "A Ruler?!" Azrael commented, genuinely surprised. "They only show up when events leading to apocalyptic scenarios are under way. What game have we unwittingly become pawns of?" Placing his right hand to his chin, the angel of death shrugged. "Thank you for that; this gives me a lot to think about. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've wasted enough of your time; an Assassin's work is never over." Azrael chuckles, his body spinning around and sinking into the floor in a diminishing cloud of black dust.

Sneaking out an exit point, Azrael relays information to his busy master. "Sir, I have some very interesting news to share with you." His hollow voice called out mentally. "The Servant I discovered was a Saber; and he spoke of a Ruler having been summoned to the city. This bodes very bad tidings for us."

Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven

Last edited by a moderator:

Alwyn Llewellyn
Llewellyn Mansion

The scribbled runework was perfect. Well, hardly runework; not in the strictest sense of the word. It's more like they were... marks, or sigils. Little to nothing to do with Scandinavian magecraft.

He was just about wrapping up this set of marks when Assassin called him with grave news.

'I see,' Llewellyn replied grimly, already accustomed to the telepathic communication. Not much different from talking with an ordinary familiar. Except the familiar usually wasn't death - Azrael's voice was frank and clear over the telepathic link, in a way that made Alwyn's back shake with pinprick shudders at its tone, its... its vibrancy, or rather, lack of thereof. At its aura.

He moved his head in self-disapproval.

'Since you're already out in the city, why not go out and get accustomed to the area? I've had no time for that, but it'll be useful if at least one of us knows the lay of the land, so to speak.' Alwyn stopped, realizing. 'Well, I did commit the important parts of the map to memory, but my grandfather said that information without experience isn't true knowledge, and shouldn't be treated as such. I digress: do as you wish, I'll wrap up the Bounded Fields for today, then get started on binding familiars for scouting. If a Ruler has been summoned, that means the War is in great peril. Familiars will help with grasping what's happening in the city. Surveillance, as it were.'

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Ryuga Tohsaka
1358fe43637bdf9fd55b87b876752b75.jpg

Current Situation: Dreaming

Ryuga had found herself somewhere she hadn't been to in a long time.

Or at least, she remembered being there....

She was in a shop tournament, full of people who were playing a cardgame. The people there would stop speaking and chatting, turning to look at her with looks of disgust and hate.

Its that demon kid again!

What's she doing here?

You don't belong here!

"B-but I came here to play too-"

Get out you freak!

They started throwing chairs, cases, and sharp objects at her, cursing her and yelling, as Ryuga had turned away to run, crying over the fact that she was different.

She would find herself in the Tohsaka Residence, being bandaged and treated with healing ointment by her younger niece Rin.

"Geeze Ryuga, why did you leave? Didn't your mom already explain that going out is dangerous?"

"It's not fair Rin! I always wanted to be treated like a normal human being, but no matter what I do, people outside of our family always view me as a freak of nature! Why do they hate me?!"

Rin petted her aunt on the head, which was wierd considering Ryuga looked like a child at this time.

"They just don't like how different you are. That doesn't mean it's a bad thing, you are a special woman. You will one day become something of great importance.... You just need to believe in yourself."

Ryuga sighed.
"I highly doubt I will be ... It's all because of my stupid father!!!"

She slammed a hand down onto the glass table, shattering it.

Ryuga soon found herself, slightly older, wearing a black hoodie over her head, as she walked into a game store.

This is the place she wanted to meet me at.

Ryuga soon found herself playing a game against the person she would be entwined with by Fate.

"I attack with my Vanguard! Go Dragonic Overlord!"

She flipped two cards over, as her opponent would mentally ask her a question.

Why are you in the Grail War?

Isn't it obvious? To get back at this world for turning it's back on me! This is my one chance to make my life become better than it is now!

"I got a critical trigger, the effect to my Vanguard!"

"Damage check, I got no trigger, and a heal. I recover one!"

Even if you believe that, your personal vendetta against your dad isn't worth destroying this world over. Trust me, I killed my own father, and it ended bad for me. What you're doing is exactly like my own problem was.

"I stand and draw! I break ride over Mordred Phantom! Rise up great Dragon of the shadowy abyss! Phantom Blaster Dragon!"

A couple cards thrown down and effects later, Fafnir had her vanguard attack.

You won't ever find your own happiness if you continue down this path! Don't you even realize that you are hurting the person you are fighting for?!

Me, hurt Kozue?!

I have trouble believing you.

"Twin Drive, Critical Trigger, and Critical Trigger. All effects to my Vanguard."

Ryuga, that girl you were friends with, she wouldn't want you to self destruct. This isn't what she would want you to do.

"Shut up!"
"Shut up!"
"Shut up!"

Ryuga found herself in a ruined citadel, holding Fafnir's weakening body in her arms. A shattered sword laid next to Ryuga.

"Damn it! Why did it have to be this way?! I just realized how wrong I was, and I was going to betray the dark side just to be with you..... But now that you're dying because of me.... I can't lose the one girl that I fell in love with!"

Ryuga hugged Fafnir tight, crying hard.

"You showed me the light.... And that light..... I'm afraid of it vanishing when you die! I don't want to lose you!!!"

Present, Berlin Airport
Ryuga

Ryuga awoke to Garm Shaking her awake. As Ryuga got up from her seat to grab her luggage, she felt her heart skip a beat, as if something missing had momentarily returned, only to vanish again.

Ryuga turned to Garm, before telling him their plan of action.

"I'll need you to stay close. I'm not sure what will happen here, but let's be careful just in case."

-15 minutes later-

Ryuga stood atop a skyscraper, looking at the area below. Lights were on as the moon was out, illuminatting the night sky.

Ryuga had alot of questions in her mind, one of which was soon to be answered.

( LostHaven LostHaven Prince_ Prince_ )

"Oh... I see... I suppose that is strategic in its own way, Miss. If only I were an Assassin-class Servant, that would serve to perform the task well. Fortunately, I should possess Independent Action to allow us to seperate for a period of time without negative side effects... but as long as I'm useful... I'm happy, Master..."

Archer looks towards Lee.

"It is likely that others have the same idea. The battles at night should prove to be something to observe, but if we do not intend to engage, we should stay out of sight. They might mistake us for civilians, and there are rules saying that any eavesdropping civilians should be slain to prevent leakage. Th- that's a very horrible thing to do, which is why I do not intend to follow it."

In response to the latter question, Archer responds, "Y- yes! I'm in tip top shape! You don't have to worry about me one bit! Though, since we have spare time, there is something I intend to share with you about me. I intended to keep it a secret until the right time, but I felt that being too quiet would only serve to detriment us both at the worst possible time...

... for starters, a yes or no question - based on the identity that she- I mean, I have provided you, do you believe that I am qualified for the Holy Grail War as a Heroic Spirit?"

@Takumi

"As long as we can meet up again relatively unharmed in the process, I think we can do the task pretty well." Lee spoke, although she realized that there was a chance that may not happen.

When it came to the topic of civilians, she grimaced lightly and said, "Don't worry, Archer, I wouldn't want you to hurt or kill any civilians." As Archer answered her question on if she was okay, Lee's brows furrowed slightly at being asked if said servant was qualified for the war....how exactly to answer this?

"Well, yes, I think so. The fact that you're here with me is answer enough...right?" She answered, unintentionally asking another question in the process of doing so, with a tilt of her head. Servants were odd, but so was the whole situation she found herself in.

Crow Crow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back