• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fate/Stay - Exalted 3rd Ed.

Silvertongued

Yes, this is dog
I'm considering running a Type-MOON Fate/Stay game using the Exalted 3rd Ed. system; Masters would be mortals with Thaumaturgy (or not, if they so choose), Servants would be Solars. There will be minor houserules in place, but we'll come to those if the game gets off the ground.

The location is still up in the air, but it will be somewhere on present day Earth. Players can play as either Masters or Servants, but not both. Depending on the number of players, but we can have a maximum of 14, and a minimum of 3. Anything that's 4 or less, and players can only join as Masters.

Servants will be assigned by GM, unless a pair of players actively wish to team up as Master and Servant. Otherwise, the historical figure you get shall remain a surprise until you get them.

The interesting part here, is that the majority of this game shall be played through PM, and anything less than knowing interaction between players shall be done through a filter of GM. Other players will remain ignorant of the in-game identities and activities of other Masters and Servants, unless they can discover them in-game. After all, one of the biggest parts of the Holy Grail War is finding out who you're up against.

The main thread will be used for newspaper headlines and news broadcasts, in order to give an idea of what's going on in town, though not everything will be covered, and will be covered with various degrees of "accuracy".

For historical characters for Servants, practically anything is good, so long as they adhere to the following guideline:

• No full blooded divinity. Mixed blood descendants of gods, such as Perseus, or Abe No Seimei, are good in most cases, but full blooded deities, such as Jesus Christ, Thor, or Horus, they're right out.
  • No contemporary serial killers from within the last two hundred years. It's just bad taste guys, and I don't want to have to research up that kind of thing.
  • Born before 1900, and died before 1920. I may make concessions if someone has a good argument for a particular legendary character within living memory.

One thing I will make perfectly clear, is that any players that are accepted into this, they must be regular posters, at least once as week. I understand that people may have prior, IRL commitments, such as college, work, family matters, that sort of thing. I won't begrudge that, that stuff is important. But I will not accept players that "forget" to post for weeks at a time, or vanish without a word. If you need to go, please, notify me, and if you're going to be gone for an extended time, please leave instructions as to how your character will act.

So yes, would there be anyone who's interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a really cool idea but I seriously think you should wait another month or so for the next edition because have you seen 2.5 ugh urgh argh.

Interested as well. It'll probably be me and Action teaming up if we both join, mind.

Edit: and on that note, we're both familiar with ancient lore and mythology. So we can wrangle up something good to work with.

I might wait a month or so then, to take advantage of the new rules. Care to give me a link or summat to what they'll entail? I'll have to educate myself on them pretty thoroughly.

And yeah, sure, that sounds cool. If you wanna suggest any ideas or roles, PM them to me. We'll be using the same basic Servant model as the series; Saber, Lancer, Archer, Rider, Caster, Berserker, and Assassin.

Looking at the 2.5 Ed Rules, and 3rd Ed rules, I've come to agree with Grey about using 3rd edition. This means that rather than playing Dragon Blooded, Masters will be playing straight mortals, though they will have access to Sorcery Charms, the Thaumaturgist Merit for free, and ability to put points into Essence (No higher than 3). If you haven't got a copy of the leaked 3rd Edition content, or you need help making a character, contact me, and I'll do what I can.

Here's a few modifications for the coming game. More are incoming, it's just really late at the moment, and I have to be up early.

• If you're playing a Servant, your Solar Caste will be determined by your Servant Class.
    Saber, Archer, Lancer, and Berserker are all Dawn Caste.
  • Caster is Twilight Caste.
  • Assassin is Night Caste.
  • Rider is Eclipse Caste.

[*]Servants Essence pools do not refresh naturally. A Servant gets their Essence one of two ways, from their Master's Essence Pool, or from sucking it out of regular humans (a process depletes the humans life force if it doesn't just kill them). Furthermore, a Servants Essence Pool depletes slowly. Essence will obviously deplete faster if the Servant is highly active and utilizing supernatural abilities, but can be slowed significantly by sleeping and eating.

[*]Servants automatically treat any damage source that is not magical in origin as Withering Damage. Other Servants and their weaponry are automatically counted as magical in origin, but this does not extend to any mundane weapons or items they may pick up without specific Charms.

[*]Servants cannot take Story Merits.

This sounds interesting. I only ever played through the beginning of the game, so I'm not very familiar with the setting. As I recall the protagonist was hardly well versed in the vagaries of the Grail War to begin with, so that may not be a bad thing. I'd prefer Servant over Master, but that may not be in the cards.

There is absolutely no need to know anything about the setting before you play, as for the most part, it takes place in modern, current day Earth.

Like I said, if I can get at least three people to play Masters, others can play Servants. It's all about teamwork, and working with your Servant, if you want to win. That said, it's entirely possible to have your own set of objectives that do not involve winning the Holy Grail War...

Glad to hear it. Upon reflection, I think I have a pretty awesome Master idea, as well, so I'll be happy either way. If we're using the 3e rules, I assume someone will PM me a copy when it's time for character creation? Or are we waiting until they're properly released?

Officially, I don't think I'm allowed to condone the leaked edition, or post it here on the forums. That said, I cannot stop people from spreading them around or using them.

As far as I know though, they do have a strange habit of making their way to people who ask for them, so who knows~

Oh my goodness, using Exalted for Fate/Stay is perfect! Exalted's all about gods performing awesome magic feats, Fate/Stay is all about epic battles between characters that are essentially gods... it's like a match made in heaven. This is awesome. Count me in as really interested!

I am very very very interested in this. I have lots of ideas, manly for Servants, so I would love to be able to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back