• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 4: Formic Apocalypse)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
He pointed again to the small dot, he quickly sketched a picture of the window, and out the dot on it where it is on the planet, and showed her, letting her know where to look to see what he sees.

Talia just seemed more confused. “What is that? What am I supposed to be looking at?” She asked. She could see put the window just fine, but didn’t seem to see the dot. Except in the drawing.

His shoulders slump a little, and then he writes,

I see a black dot on the planets surface on an island. I think I see where the Formic nest is, and likely where we will have to attack.

He writes, and again keeps pointing at where it is.

Talia straightened, and nodded in understanding. She then tilted her head to the side, looking at the planet itself. It looked kind of similar to earth, in her opinion.

After a short amount of time, the shuttle descended below the clouds, where, at that point, the frontal engine nozzles activate and slow the shuttle's descent so the Captain can maintain a constant speed and safely fly across the grasslands of the planet like a little jet as she searches for the Martian laboratories.

Talia watched from the window, a smile on her face as they descended. She never got tired of approaching a new planet. The veiw was great, even if it was being destroyed as they spoke (or thought). “Alright, one question.” She said to anyone listening, even though she had asked several in the past hour.

“Should I bring this?” She held up a small pistol, one that had gold (lava metal) plating and a black frame. “I just never use it, but I feel like it would be a good backup plan.”

Lux turned to Talia, and looked at the pistol she was holding up. He nods.

We’re probably going to need all the firepower and weapons, no matter how small, to fight the Formics.

After a short amount of time, the shuttle descended below the clouds, where, at that point, the frontal engine nozzles activate and slow the shuttle's descent so the Captain can maintain a constant speed and safely fly across the grasslands of the planet like a little jet as she searches for the Martian laboratories.
Hamele and Kokoro would look upon the surroundings of the now-visible land, seeing all the grass lands. Kokoro in particular stared long and motionless at these lands. It's like they were familiar to her or something.

Talia shrugged, and put it back in the concealed holster on her waist. “You’re probably right.” She didn’t think she would use it, but Lux was right. They needed everything they could get.

She then turned to Kokoro, seeing her expression, and narrowed her eyes. “Kokoro. You good?” She asked, tilting her head.

She then turned to Kokoro, seeing her expression, and narrowed her eyes. “Kokoro. You good?” She asked, tilting her head.
Kokoro shook herself. "I can't help but feel like I've seen these lands before..." She said simply. "I can't remember when or where, but... I swear I've... seen something incredibly similar to this. It's... Hard to explain."

Talia looked a bit confused, before tapping her chin. “Maybe you lived here. Or this place was special to you.” She said, meaning before she had died. She then turned to the captain, and swung her feet like a three year old before smiling evily.

“Are we there yet?” She asked it quickly, again, like a child. But this one was apparently on a road trip.

“Maybe you lived here. Or this place was special to you.” She said, meaning before she had died.
Kokoro went silent for a while, closing her eyes and sighing. "...Perhaps." She said simply, before going back into silence. One could very easily tell she had obviously seen similar lands before, but if this is familiar land to her is another story for an entirely different time.

“Are we there yet?” She asked it quickly, again, like a child. But this one was apparently on a road trip.
Arcology_276_170801101139_1.jpeg"No, Talia. We are not." Susan flatly responds, concentrating on maneuvering the shuttle like an airplane. "But we ARE almost there." After another minute or two, the crew made it to their destination. Out of their windows, they saw the scientific and genetic base of operations near the coast of Regore II, with various ships and submarines parked near the base and several guard towers overseeing the various buildings of the base. Susan parks the shuttle to a guard tower that had two Martian guards who were holding their Disintegrator Rays in salute. "We're here." Susan simply said as she turns to her crew. "I should inform you all that most, if not all, Martians do not speak my or your native tongues; they only speak in Martian, in 'Acks', if you will," Susan informs her crew before turning to Ma'arz. "Ma'arz Gelonz. You are verbally multilingual due to your vocal cord surgery. You will serve as our translator." Susan said to Ma'arz, who salutes.

Lux thought about telling the group he can also understand Martian, and read/write the language, but decided against it. He nodded in agreement to Susan’s statement.

Talia also knew Martian, though not much at all. She only knew basic conversation starters, and some descriptive words. Came with her work line. Though, she ignored it as she saw it didn’t matter. “Wow. This lab is impressive. Is that a fiber glass cover or a sealant plastic?” She asked, mostly to Ma’arz. It could’ve been neither; she didn’t know if it was common to use something else now.

"Nah. An alloy compound that's heavily resistant to explosions and implosions. It's why many of our accidents don't usually end with buildings collapsing." Ma'arz responds as he unbuckles and gets up.

//Also, the hell is sealant??//

Talia smiled, and nodded. “That’s so cool. I haven’t seen a laboratory since the attack, but this is awesome.” She said, still smiling.

//lmao, sealant is generally used in blocking open joints and creases where water can leak. Like a puffy plastic chemical bond for solid objects//

After another minute or two, the crew made it to their destination. Out of their windows, they saw the scientific and genetic base of operations near the coast of Regore II, with various ships and submarines parked near the base and several guard towers overseeing the various buildings of the base. Susan parks the shuttle to a guard tower that had two Martian guards who were holding their Disintegrator Rays in salute. "We're here." Susan simply said as she turns to her crew. "I should inform you all that most, if not all, Martians do not speak my or your native tongues; they only speak in Martian, in 'Acks', if you will," Susan informs her crew before turning to Ma'arz. "Ma'arz Gelonz. You are verbally multilingual due to your vocal cord surgery. You will serve as our translator." Susan said to Ma'arz, who salutes.
Hamele, Kokoro, and Bowe all nod in understand, unintentionally simultaneously. All 3 of them look at each other and just laugh it off like it was intended. "Well, laughter is the best medicine..." Hamele says after laughing. "...Shame how it hurts so much sometimes, though."

The crew then got out of the shuttle and, led by Ma'arz, approaches the Martian guards. "[Salutations, soldiers. My captain, Susan Spearson, requests that you lead us to your laboratory so we may get some experimental weaponry to combat the invading Formics.]" Ma'arz informs the Martian soldiers in his foreign tongue as he hands them his cellphone to them, containing information that proves the authorization of her presence. After going over the information, the soldiers gave Ma'arz his phone back and they began to walk down the stairway. "[Follow us.]" The Martian soldiers ordered. Ma'arz gestures the crew to follow them before joining with the soldiers.

Kokoro would step out of the shuttle shortly, keeping Bowe next to her. Hamele would follow along with them, though a little ahead. Bowe isn't too sure what to think at the moment, but Kokoro is just taking in the surroundings as she followed along.

Lux picked up the box yet again, and followed everyone out of the ship. He understood them perfectly, and just did nothing other than follow along.

Talia understood Laboratory, Weapons, and combat, and that was about it. But, she followed regardless behind Lux.

Lux looked all around, soaking in the laboratory. He wondered where they were going, and memorized where they are now. He likes behind to see Talia following him. He was thinking about wanting to make his new mask, and where he could make it with even better tools.

"Oh, and I totally forgot to tell you guys something," Ma'arz said as he turns his head to the crew. "The air in the lab does not contain oxygen; it has nitrogen for us Martians to breathe," Ma'arz informs. "Well, why didn't you told us this beforehand?!" Kqidons asked in anger. "Do not worry. The tenents will provide us with complimentary spacesuits so you can survive the oxygenless atmosphere, under the assumption that one or two of you are not already wearing a suit." Ma'arz assures the crew as they walk down to the bottom of the tower and follow a path to the lab.

Lux was in fact wearing a spacesuit, and had a few hours worth of oxygen in multiple small tanks in and on the suit. His helmet was in the crate he was carrying. He made it himself, and has a small oxygen filter so he can replenish it over time, but it wouldn’t work if there was no oxygen in a room. Regardless, he should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back