• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 3: RP-CONSPIRACY)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Lux looked at the photo a little longer, then put it back. He'd ask about it later. He turned to Talia one more time, making sure she was alright, then left her room, quietly closing the door, and then wandering the halls in the general direction that he saw Susan go through when she left his room.

After a bit of walking, Lux finds the entrance of Susan's room. On the left side of the door, Lux sees three things attached to the wall: a card reader, a keypad, and a hand reader. Some rather strict security there. At the bottom of those identification devices, Lux sees a small blue button with a little plaque below the button that says "Doorbell".

He studied the strict security measures, and considered making his own and attaching them to his own door. Regardless, he pressed the little blue button, heard the buzz, and waited for a response behind the door.

After a quick moment, he heard some clicking before the door opens by going up to the ceiling. When Lux enters, he sees the rather clean, organized, and expansive room Susan lives in, complete with a carpet, a table that has Susan's record player heirloom, and even a little water cooler that has a water jug that apparently says "Luxury Water: Take a sip of Solaris' finest water!". When Lux turns to his left, he sees Susan near her desk, on the computer, sipping on a glass of water. After she finishes drinking, she looks at Lux. "Anything I can help you with, Lux?" Susan asked politely, keeping a stoic face.

I only want to discuss what happened in my room with the recording of Rewby.

He wrote, not entering yet because he hasn't been given express permission to.

"I'm ready to discuss it. Come in." Susan said as she gets up, grabs a paper cup from her desk, and fills it up with luxury water. "If I didn't want you in my room, then I wouldn't have opened the door in the first place, by the way." Susan continues, taking note of Lux not entering her room initially.

He nodded, and quietly sat down on the edge of her bed, and wrote on the pad.

I noticed that you seemed to have a sort of bias against the Krystallines. If I may be a little nosey, may I ask if there was something that happened in the past that gave you an impression never to trust one?

"... Yes, actually. Normally, I'd say that my past is not your concern, but because of the current events that happened, I'll tell you just this once." Susan replies after she gives Lux the paper cup full of luxury water. "But remember this: you have not earned the right to know about my personal history, just like I haven't earned the right to know yours. So, I will only discuss my training career as a fleet captain. Okay?" Susan continues as she sits down on her bed with Lux, which is quite comfortable to the latter.

Lux took the cup of water with a nod of thanks, and shifted his mask, and turned his head so that she didn't see his face, and he drank the water, finding it very fresh. Once he downed the cup of water, he re-shifted the mask back onto his face, and looked at her, nodding that he understands that he will only be told of her training career.

Susan takes a deep breath as she organizes her thoughts. "My bias against the Krystallines is not because of my own assumptions from various news websites because, well, they aren't always trustworthy." Susan begins as she kinda leans to the bed. "Back when I was at the academy, to work up to the ranks as a fleet captain, I had a bully who was named Sap-Mire, who was a sapphire Krystalline. Every day in my career, she always takes the opportunity to torment me; call me names, trip me in the halls, throw lunch at me... most of what she did was pretty petty stuff and I was already quite mature during my time there, so I tried to ignore her. Mainly because of... remember the Zero-Tolerance policy? Well, my academy apparently has that rule implemented." Susan explains before she laughed a little after mentioning the Zero-Tolerance policy. "As if we had progressed from those dumb rulings..."

Lux listened closely to Susan's story. He understood that she didn't like the Krystallines, but he thought that that is no reason to believe that ALL of them are bad. Just look at humans. We're similar. Some of us are the worst kind of living beings, but there are also some of us that help everyone and everything. He looked to Susan.

I understand that you don't like Krystallines, but I feel that the bias is misplaced, if not hypocratic. Some Krystallines are bad, yes. But look at humans. Are you going to hate us too?

"Well, only the Humans who attempt such atrocities beyond murder." Susan attempts to explain. "And besides, there's more to my story about Sap-Mire, Lux..."

You don't have to tell me about Sap-Mire anymore. I can see you don't want to talk about him or her. I was just here to try to console you, since you seemed guilty as you walked out.

"I was guilty, Lux, and still am. My experience with Sap-Mire and my blind prejudice against the Krystalline clouded my judgment. Not once, throughout my career, had I encountered a nice Krystalline; the Krystallines I encountered as fleet captain, which, by the way, are government officials, are either arrogant, racist, or just borderline rude." Susan explains to Lux.

Understandable. I've had encounters with Krystallines as well. And almost every single one of them had been like you described. There was Rewby, and there was one other. He was kind, if not more so than Rewby.

He writes, and shows her his note. His normally rigid posture relaxes a little. One of his few friends before joining this fleet had been a Krystalline, and he died a horrible death.

"I'd ask who that other Krystalline was, but it's probably a personal part of your past," Susan said to Lux, taking note of him mentioning another kind Krystalline. "Anyway, after those encounters, I kinda set up an unofficial rule that prevents any Krystallines from joining my fleet. Though, after I begin to actually look through Rewby's resume and portfolio, I might revoke that unstated rule..."

Very personal. But...I'd be willing to share it with you if you allow Rewby into the fleet. Talia is close friends with her, and I think she'd be tactically invaluable with her nigh-impenetrable shell. She has compassion for others, as was shown in the video, and I feel we need more of that based on the overall morale of the ship. It would also be important in history to show that some things aren't as they seem in other species.

He writes, looking at Susan, and trying to read what thoughts might be going through her head.

Susan then sighs after taking a moment to read what Lux wrote down. "You are right." Susan simply said. "As I said, I've never encountered a kind Krystalline before in my life. So, the thought of someone actually finding one didn't really sit well in my mind." She then gets back up and proceeds to walk to her computer. "But I believe it's about time I should put that aside and begin to hire a new crew member." Though not visible to Lux, she begins to quickly scroll through Rewby's resume, describing her work ethic, desired occupation (which is, predictably, an engineer), desired wage, the standard stuff.

It is wise to hold fast to what your gut tells you to do, but an open mind is also important. Do you want me to tell you of the 2nd kind Krystalline? Or do you want me to wait to tell you?

He wrote, tossing the small note onto her desk to where she could see it, and got up to get some more Luxury Water.

"Hmm... If you so wish. Though I won't be telling you my personal stuff just because you're going to tell me a little bit of yours." Susan informs Lux as she switches tabs from her resume to her portfolio, where she sees a couple of pictures of Rewby's creations; though they are inferior compared to Lux's and seem like they're only made for recreational purposes, it does seem that Rewby has the potential for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back