• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Fate of the Stars of Life (EPISODE 3: RP-CONSPIRACY)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Kokoro was lurking in a corner that connected the hall of the living quarters to the cafeteria where Lux saw her damaged phantasmal form. Long chunks of her legs were gone, one arm was gone, one eye was gone and even the area around the heart. Kokoro looked right at him. "...Hey." She said in a mix of calm and troubled. Angry? She's trying to hide that. Alas, the damage has been done.

Worry spreads in his eyes, which is still the only visible part about him besides sometimes his scarred hands as he kneels down next to her. He brings his pad out. "What the hell happened?"
He writes, amazed, curious, but extremely worried for one of his only friends.

Kokoro sighed. "That damn doctor..." She said, on about Hamele. "That's what happened. It went from just getting a sample from my phantasmal form to seeing if my body fades away. And... She was... laughing..."

"Hamele? Sounds uncharacteristic. I'll talk to her." He writes, and pulls out a length of Ghost Cloth. "Do you need a hug? Bowe said that they can help when you're sad. You know I'm not one for contact, but you look like you need some help." He writes, and spreads it along his arms and torso like a blanket.

Kokoro nodded. "Yes please..." She said silently, nodding. "That would be nice... And thank you."

He nods, makes sure the Ghost Cloth is on correctly, and awkwardly puts his arms around her. He's never really hugged anyone unless he was Suplexing someone, but his embrace was surprisingly gentle and warm.

Kokoro closed her eyes and returned the embrace - her own being warm and comfortable. As time goes by, her form would re-build itself from what seemed to be nothing - but that didn't change the fact this regeneration was extremely slow. Kokoro, for now, tried to forget all about it and just enjoy the embrace at the moment.

Lux said, and did nothing other than stay there, kneeling by his broken friend, and embracing her. Feeling something he hasn't felt in a long time...acceptance. He strangely enjoyed the feeling that he thought was forever lost to him.

Kokoro seemed at peace, holding Lux right there. Trust. Care. Sacrifice. All three of those aspects are here in some way, shape, or form. Kokoro smiled, seeming to like it. She feels them all. It's odd for her, but she likes it. She eventually lets go. "Thank you, Lux... I'll just... need a few to recover the damage..." She said. Thankfully, by now, she had recovered her whole legs - of what had been missing is now there, and recovery is starting on her missing arm.

He takes off the Ghost Cloth, folding it neatly, and bringing it into the mysterious land of his cloak. "Do not mention it. It would seem that your recovery sped up with the more positive feelings you had during the embrace." He writes, going back to his normal analytical self.

Kokoro smiled. "Heh... It seems that way..." She said, not seeming sure on how else to react.

"Excuse me while I change the subject, but concerning the mission to the Matrioshka Brain, Talia has been incapacitated, and the Captain has designated you the leader of an army of about 18 soldiers." He writes and shows her his pad while sitting down next to her. This is another one of his strangely humane moments.

Kokoro gulped. "M-Me? Lead... an army? In Talia's stead?" She asked, seeming fearful. Oh boy... "W-Well, I can at least... try... Right?"

"Of course. I think you have the means of leading a group of soldiers. Don't be nervous. I'll be leading a group myself, and I'll do what I can to get to you, by which I can take over if you want me to." He writes, and shows her his pad, looking at her.

Kokoro smiled. "Well, that would be great. Thanks again." She said, seeming to be cheering up - and her recovery had regenerated the hole near where her heart would be. With Kokoro's recovery nearly done, that leaves one little thing on Lux's to do list - Hamele.

"You're welcome. Now, I have to talk to Hamele about her...methods. I'll see you somewhere between now and the mission." He writes, nodding in goodbye, and walks around the corner without a sound towards Hamele's quarters, where he guessed she would be.

Kokoro nodded and waved a goodbye to Lux in return, and continued to recover until the mission would start up - at any time. Hamele was indeed in her quarters, where sounds of business and fumbling were... very much so present. She seemed pretty peaceful, actually. Happy, perhaps.

Hamele yelped from the other side of the door, surprised. She would stop humming and sounds of business ceased, where she would shortly open the door and see Lux. "Ah, hello Lux! What can I do for you?" She asked, completely unaware as to why Lux is around. Hamele's quarters, by the looks of things, was a neatly organised yet messy place. Capsules and boxes, maybe even other means of storage, were everywhere, each with varying samples from different people and beings in them - ranging from aliens, humans, and now a ghost - all of them lined up on shelves.

"I was with Kokoro a few seconds ago, and saw the results of your mysterious tests on her. Would you let me in and talk to me?" He writes, and shows her his request.

Hamele froze and her face went from excited and positive to a strike of panic and worry. "Oh... OK... Come in..." She moved out of the way, almost silencing herself entirely - thus letting Lux in.

He stepped in, and soaked in her room, memorizing little details. "I saw her, and saw that she was missing parts of her ghostly form. Kororo described your reaction to being able to take literal pieces out of her with a laugh. Can you elaborate on why you took pleasure in that?" He writes, using guilt to make her talk more in a brutally efficient fashion.

Hamele sighs. "It's not every day you even see a ghost - I just wanted to experiment on her, test out a few kinks and find details. I guess I may have gotten carried away when I found out her form fades from concentrated lasers, and..." Hamele was flustered in embarrassment, but was internally squealing inside. She chuckled after a while, with a sinister tone, and she closed her eyes as she thought back on it. But she was... smiling? She had practically zoned out after a while, completely forgetting about the question involving her laughter.

He leans in and flicks her head to get her to focus. "You are too absorbed in your work, Dr. Hamele. I'll repeat myself again. Why did you laugh at potentially harming your teammate?" He writes, and partially glares at her, practically staring into her soul.

Hamele whimpered, seeming fearful and the flick had indeed gotten her attention. "I-I-! Um!" Hamele gulped. She didn't have much to defend herself with, truth be told. She eventually calmed down and sighed. "Wouldn't you like to know?" She said coldly, returning Lux's glare with as best a one she herself could muster. She held her staff tightly, seeming scared and tears welling up around her eyes. Lux essentially has her cornered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back