• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fate of Steel: Character needs Player

MrThe

Mystery Man
Roleplay Type(s)
So this is a bit of an unusual interest check in that I'm not looking to start up a group RP, I'm trying to find someone willing to RP a character in a very difficult situation. I am playing as a somewhat villainous Baron who attempted to arrange a marriage with the woman he fell in love with and when negotiations with her father fell apart my character decided to go through with the wedding anyways. So he kind of, well, it's not very politically correct, but Baron Phillipe kidnapped her. And since it's a very messy situation you can see why I'm uncomfortable with writing both characters as I'm already sort of in the mindset of Philippe.

I think that having someone play as Dierdre my wife would be an excellent opportunity for roleplay in an alien and medieval system of morality but I also understand if people are put off by having to play as someone forced to marry their kidnapper, no matter how devoted to and in love with them they might be.

Would be interested if you're still looking

this is me doxxing MrThe's character

1690332783080.png

Barony of Flamebay, caput Rooster Keep.

EDIT:

Original check's here for more context.

There are a few inspirations, such as the Anarchy (where the quote below happens to be from [mostly]...), the Barons War, and the Hundred Years' War. The setting is fantastical, but mostly set in the 1200s in terms of tech and social mores.

1690333461890.png

Last edited:
Also interested if you're still looking for someone!
That's great! I'm very glad there is a lot of interest. Could I get a quick description of what kind of direction you would take the character and whether in your opinion she would have romantic feelings for Philippe? I should also probably explain why my character resorted to bridenapping.

Basically, Philippe fell in love with his wife. In order to marry her he reached out to her father Lord Mallick Cerham to negotiate terms for the betrothal. The Lord of Darndon set an insanely high bride price, offered a pitiful dowry in return, and negotiations with Philippe broke down despite him agreeing to all of the ludicrous terms. Dreaming Divinity Dreaming Divinity
The thing that enraged my character however was that very soon after his marriage plans were squashed Lord Mallick Cerham gave the hand of his daughter to a neighboring Fyrdian Lord on terms that were much less than what he demanded of my character. So to avenge this purposeful slight and marry the woman he loved Philippe resorted to attacking the Bridal Train and carrying her away.

At least, that's Philippe's side of the story.

As GM of the thing, feel free to ask anything game or setting-related.

Also the person that she was arranged to marry wasn't ever fleshed out so whoever decides to take on this character can determine that relationship as well, like whether she ever wonders about what could have been, how she feels about so suddenly having the arrangement broken off, that kind of thing.

I think this belongs in the 1x1 interest check section, just FYI.
It's not a 1x1 roleplay though. It's a group nation builder roleplay. We should probably advertise a need for more female characters though, not just my characters wife.

It's not a 1x1 roleplay though. It's a group nation builder roleplay. We should probably advertise a need for more female characters though, not just my characters wife.
I see. Yeah, you might want to elaborate more to avoid confusion. You said "I'm not looking to start a group RP" and that confused me. Anyways, have fun. Sorry if I annoyed you.

I see. Yeah, you might want to elaborate more to avoid confusion. You said "I'm not looking to start a group RP" and that confused me. Anyways, have fun. Sorry if I annoyed you.
No you're ok, I was just saying that I'm not looking to start a group RP, because I'm looking for someone to join one I'm already in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back