• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate F/F IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Team Assassin
(Shirou's team)

It was immediate that the explosion sound, and Shirou's idea of waiting, had yielded a result.
Shirou stared at someone in the distance the moment he stared at Shirou. Assassin stared at the woman beside the boy who stood there. They both were quiet for a second, before Shirou spoke. "Some geek and his Girlfriend?" He asked. Assassin had a different thought seeing them, as she knew that the person beside the bespectacled male, was none other than a servant.
"Master, what is your order? They look dangerous."

Shirou chuckled. "You cant be serious!" "I wouldn't joke at a time like this. An explosion, and then these two out of place strangers appearing soon after cant be a coincidence." Assassin responded. Shirou crossed his arms, as a breeze blew by. His skirt was blown upwards slightly, but not by alot, keeping his underwear hidden. "Maybe you are right, but what shall we do?" Shirou asked.
"We can either fall back and hold up in the mansion, go speak to them, or you go hide and I'll deal with them."
Assassin had adjusted her right glove as she suggested the third option, glaring at the duo with a menacing glare.

"As much as Running away and hiring would be great, I'm not a coward." Shirou replied. "Heh, then we go to them." Assassin agreed. "But just in case," Shirou began. He held onto Assassin's left hand with his right as he lead her to the duo. "We pretend we are just family relatives." "Excuse me?" Assassin asked in confusion. Shirou didn't explain any further, and within a fair couple of minutes, He and Assassin had caught up to the two strangers.

Shirou had a better visual glance of the both of them, as Sebastian and Saber got a good view of the two of them. "Hello, are you two attending a anime convention or something?" Shirou asked. His voice was young and innocent, the same type of voice a little girl would have. Assassin meanwhile stared at the other person. Her outfit was too well made to be a fake. She was clearly some kind of servant. Maybe a Lancer or Archer. If she ended up being a Saber, this would get messy.

Interactions:
Xel Xel (Saber)
o.Rinn o.Rinn (Sebastian)

The people walked around him, some talking to their cell phone, some smoking, each to their own business, but one boy suddenly stopped. The boy turned back his head in a direction where the sky was blue and clear, except for a thin grey line high in the sky.

“Watch out, jerk!”

Someone told him, the boy didn’t care as he turned back walking in the opposite direction, most people could ignore it, though he knew that thin grey line meant an explosion and if it was so high it meant a sizable explosion. The boy walked quickly in that direction suspecting it might be related to the events of that day. The dizziness in his head diminished slowly, some memories that were simply an incoherent mosaic became more or less understandable sequences. None explained why he was unconscious, still.

He walked towards the place of the explosion, he didn’t feel intimidated, a warrior must not have fear of the enemy, nor the wolf facing the sheeps, but was still cautious with his surroundings. As he walked by the streets his instinct made him to stop, as he turned his head he noticing a characteristic and unmistakable sound, the soft whisper of a blade.

He walked in that direction, building after building, step after step, he distinguished not only the whisper of a blade, but when he arrived he could see the rests of an inhuman creature who was cut by a sword, the cut revealed some skill, it wasn't a rookie, but the cuts were far from perfect. 'I could have cut it better', he thought for himself. He followed the traces of the recent fight, recurring to his ‘dragon eye’ technique to follow even the slightest clue which led him to a female warrior who had eventually continued her path.

If she had taken down those creatures it revealed she wasn’t an ordinary human, but she still didn’t seem to be in her best hour. She walked slowly, too slowly as if her own feet were unusually heavy. Daisuke thought of attacking her and dispatching her right there, but as he didn’t consider her a threat and in the need of information he came out of the shadows and stood at her back. He had left enough distance between them to avoid an immediate attack from her side but also to make her clear he wasn’t looking for a fight, though he still checked of having his knife with him.

“Hello there. May I have a word with you?”.

He told her in a neutral tone of voice, not aggressive, neither friendly, just a message to let her know he was there and wanted to talk.

Interactions: CatJones CatJones (saber)

The things said by the person hunting him sent a shiver down Jake's spine. He enough training and experience using x-ray equipment to more or less understand the threat behind the woman's words. Perhaps it was a bluff, but if it wasn't then the mage would be far more powerful and skilled than he was. And if he was being attacked with radiation then he really didn't have time to sit around and plan out a course of action. Either he ran for it, or he talked like she requested and hoped that he wouldn't be killed right away, but either way he couldn't stay in here. He wanted to run, to just flee, but he didn't have enough water to be able to mount an effective defense if he got attacked, or even to cover his retreat with a cloud of mist or fog much less fight back properly.

He hated the idea, but he couldn't think of a better option than simply walking out there and hoping for the best. Perhaps if he was lucky someone would show up and provide a chance for him to get away, intentional or not, but he would have to live long enough for that to happen or another chance to appear. But Jake wasn't going to rely on just luck, he removed the cap from the water bottle as he stood up as he wanted it ready, just in case. Hopefully it would be enough to deal with a single attack if he needed it, at least giving him a chance to start running, but it would all depend on the nature of the attack. Swallowing heavily, he slowly emerged from the rear of warehouse with his hands raised. It had sounded like the voice had come from above, and as such he started scanning the nearby rooftops for the source, including the roof of the building he had just left.

Interaction: CatJones CatJones

Well, Yuriko thought to herself as the Master she bumped into acted more then reasonable, this is a nice change of pace.

Though he was more reasonable then expected, he was less then gentlemanly as he ignored any notion of helping her stand up. Not that she was injured or needed help but she had, to some extent, assumed one would be provided. She stood up slowly, never taking her eyes off him or his servants. She had to assume by his tone that he wasn't hostile but he wasn't friendly either. She kept her hands in plain view, against her sides but away from her pockets, hoping to make herself seem like less of a threat to them as well. She was quiet for a long minute as she trued to think of the best way to surmise the current situation. It was more difficult to put it into words then she expected.

"There's a lot to unpack, to be honest. And right here, right now might not be the most safe place or time," She gave a very brief pause as she cast a sideways glance back towards the docks, almost giving a sigh of relief that neither of her pursuers were in direct view. Instead she realized that not knowing where they were was possibly more dangerous. "If you really wanna know, could we at least get into a building first? I'll explain everything I can, but not in the open."

She lifted a hand to point at more discreet building, a small red walled building, its sign a decorative collage of kanji with the words 'Kaku Mart' written in English underneath it. She knew that she was basically asking for them to give her some trust, but at the same time, with him having two/three servants, she was putting a great deal of faith into him as well. She turned her body enough to show that she was somewhat impatient, wanting to head to the building as soon as possible.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

HOTD05_21411.png
Sebastian Lovato
seabassoverlay.png
"The Armchair General."

City Sidewalk

Sebastian bit back the immediate urge to apologize. Whatever (or whoever, really) brought them here against their own will must’ve also possessed a strange sense of humor to throw someone like him into the mix and Julius was to suffer the punchline, a fact that would become more apparent as she left the next strategy up to them. He had led them straight into what could be their first confrontation, unprepared, so it was his duty to see them through somehow.

“I didn’t think things would heat up so fast,” admitted Sebastian, keeping his sights persistently fixated forward as he did so. Mierda…” Beyond that first fateful glance, through the blur of cars hurdling passed and people strolling by, the teenager wasn’t spared another second of attention. Had she seen them, too, there was little chance of an outright and brazen subterfuge succeeding. After all, the denizens that lazily drifted along the paved streams scored throughout the concrete jungle were scarred with the absence of faces, and markedly so. She’d be aware by now that he and Julius were different. Special, dare he apply such a label to himself. Yet he continued on with his companion in tow. There was a slim chance that she hadn’t seen them and that they could feign as nothing more than citizens set about their programmed path — a frail hope soon dashed once he saw her and a friend in hand from the corner of his eye cross the road during a break in traffic.

There was no obvious rush in her approach. No sense of urgency. No charge into battle. Whereas Sebastian would've forgone such fruitless ploys, for the briefest consideration, he wondered if she was just as averse to being there as he was. But it was only for a fleeting moment. She may have been small, and petite, and kind of pretty, but if this was a war amongst mages, her physique meant nothing. And not to mention her friend had enough muscle for the two of them. Beneath his breath, just barely audible to Julius above the roar of the city, Sebastian muttered, “Feign madness, but keep your balance.” Of course, someone donning the moniker of Julius Caesar, as overplayed and mainstream as that may have been, would likely appreciate the words of Sun Tzu nonetheless. Maybe a bluff could carry them just far enough…

“O-Oh! Yeah, yeah! Uh, we’re trying to find the convention center, y’know, but we’re not from around here. Like, we are from here! But not this area, s-so… Not here, exactly. We’re kinda just... lost.” Nothing about that stupid stammer sounded confident. Neither did the way he nervously adjusted his specs as they slimmed from his already sweaty nose bridge. How incredibly small his voice sounded all of a sudden, too. Probably because of the sudden case of a dry throat. Even if it was a far cry from the assured and outgoing persona he had so bravely in mind, Sebastian overall was nevertheless an awkward dweeb, exactly the type anyone under normal circumstances would expect to be fumbling basic conversation with not one, but two cute, unknown girls. And, really, not even the poor guy himself was sure if it was the abrupt social interaction or the threat of imminent combat that was frying his nerves.

He hooked a thumb at Julius. “It’s gonna be her cosplay debut. And— Hey, wait a second…!” Sebastian snapped his fingers in recognition when he blinked up at the tall, athletic woman accompanying the sprightly girl, and he grinned. “You’re cosplaying that MC from that one anime, yeah? Oh, shit, let me guess, let me guess, I know it! Do you remember?” He glanced at the redhead behind him for her help, clicking his tongue in mild annoyance. “Man, what was it...? I remember the opening, though. Went something kinda like…”

Sebastian hummed a rhythm. Rather soulless, yet rhythmic, and soon words of a foreign tongue spilled from his lips. He peered to the strangers, beseeching their recognition, as if they’d understand and help a fellow weeb out.

City Sidewalk

Interactions: Xel Xel Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Last edited:
Saber
Saber was halfway through another swing when the voice suddenly spoke to her. She froze for a split second, realizing that someone had approached her while she busied herself with getting a tactical advantage and she had been so single-minded that she had allowed them to approach her. The irony of losing her situational awareness while seeking tactical superiority was rather comical. She finished the swing, the tip of her blade slicing through the last faceless' throat with precision, just deep enough to open the esophagus, just shallow enough to allow the blade to slide through the muscle and tendons with ease. She turned to face her speaker. Ah, it was the young, brooding man. She could almost feel her masters heart skip a beat as she watched vicariously through her. The young man wasn't her taste, but as for her master....well, there's no accounting for taste.

"Oh? You're approaching me? I take it you've forgotten the orders I gave you last time we met. Understandable, this war has gotten a little out of hand," She smiled, standing up straight as her master threw her another healing surge, obviously worried about her servants appearance, "That's fine, I'll jog your memory. Find the woman with black hair an red eyes, named Yuriko. Bring her to me and the Grail is yours."

She rested her sword against her shoulder, watching the young man and waiting for his response. She had always been good at reading people and was waiting for him to be dumbfounded. Or to act like he wasn't surprised. He was smart enough to play this off instead of feeding into her. At least, that was the impression she got. She waited for his reply, a wolf waiting for the sheep to bolt.

Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob

Caster
To both her dismay and expectations, the man came out. Saber wasn't one to remember faces or names that didn't excite her but Caster was far more considerate of those trapped in this purgatory with them. Jake Reed, a master who's servant had died before they made the jump to this place. There's always one who loses a servant before the war gets into full swing, usually Assassin but sometimes the Rider. Either way, he was alone in this place. She almost felt a little bad for him since he was facing this alone. Almost. She stepped off the roof, pulling the radioactive energy with her and reabsorbing it into her body. Her lithe form was nearly weightless as she landed gently a few feet from him. Out of range of any but the quickest attacks.

"Well, I do appreciate you being courageous enough to simply step out when told to do so. Most people would call it foolish but only an idiot tries to fight against a foe they can't see. Commendable, even, to a degree." Her smile had a somewhat sarcastic look to it, her naturally tired face exacerbating the look. She was simply following her masters orders, to keep the other masters focused on a singular goal but every time they ran into the forlorn masters, they had to remind them of this task. Their masters revenge scheme had been a little shoddy in its execution.

"Since you seem rather food driven, how about this; you kill the enemy master of my choice and I let you take whatever you want from the warehouses without question. I'll even do my best to keep saber from, as she put it, 'splaying the gore of your profane corpse across the city.' She offered, extending a hand towards the warehouse, almost as if to welcome him into the building. She was trying to play to their strengths and weakness' as opposed to sabers demand that they simply fell in line. Lab rats never did what they were told without a rewards, real or imaginary.

YsFanatic YsFanatic

"You want me to do WHAT!?" The blood drained from Jake's face and his arms fell to his sides as he vocalized his shock at the 'offer' he was being given. After a moment he started to regain some shred of composure, shaking his head in refusal. "No! I will not kill anyone, for any reason!" He felt a cold sweat broke out as he spoke, knowing full well that he likely had just signed himself up for a really painful time. But this was not something he would compromise on, wanting to help people had been a driving force for his entire life and the thought of him killing someone was something he found repulsive with every fiber of his being.

He watched the woman for her reaction, hoping she would do something like close her eyes as part of a disappointed reaction or something else that would give him a chance to start running before she could react. It wouldn't be much but he had a feeling that every little bit mattered and he had to try to get to the river. With that amount of water, well, perhaps he would be able to use it to get away even if it was only for a little bit. Or he'd die in the attempt, that was also a possibility that Jake was all too aware of.

Interaction: CatJones CatJones

SaberStreet Outside Mansion
Empire.Sword.%28Elesis%29.full.2233879.png
A smile crossed the elegantly-clad woman's lips as those crimson eyes stole a quick glance at her Master. It was the little things that so easily brought about moments of joy and amusement. And him going along with her fire-related analogy amused her both for it's own sake, and the fact that her Master could keep his wits even in the face of such a situation. He'd yet to truly impress her, as she was sure she had yet to truly dazzle him. But it was, again, the small things that continued to build up her view of the man. But with the other pair approaching them it was all too clear that her moment to shine was fast approaching.

Alas, any call to arms were silenced by her Master's hushed directions. But if he was going to take the lead with whatever stratagem he'd conjured up, then she saw little reason to go against it. "Easy enough." She spoke softly back as the pair crossed the street. Those crimson eyes turned to the pair as the smaller of the two spoke up. Her eyes dancing over each in turn, a curiosity held within them. Anime? The grail, or whatever it was that had her standing there, provided her with enough knowledge to function. Anime clearly wasn't deemed important as she hadn't the slightest wit of what it could be. Even as her Master replied in kind that same smile tugged softly at her lips. Perhaps it was a bit premature, but with the way that muscular woman stared so captivatingly at her and the fact that the young miss was bringing up such foreign concepts. Well... needless to say Saber knew who she'd be targeting first.

But such thoughts lasted not even a moment, and she did well to maintain outward appearances by offering the pair a greeting nod as she was introduced by her Master. "That's correct, I've been working hard for the past year so I-" She was quickly cut off over her Master gushing over the muscular woman's 'cosplay'. She could only cast a confused look back at Sebastian with a shrug. "I'm sorry, I don't..." She may have changed her speech a bit, relaxed it a little to fit in, but the uneasy confusion was every bit genuine. Though she was starting to finally piece together what a 'cosplay' was now that her Master was leveling the term at someone else. It was very clearly a term to be used on beautiful women. Given all the ways her own people had for addressing a fair maiden that crossed their paths, it was hardly a surprise that there would be terms she wasn't programmed to know. Though as her Master sang his melody she offered the two an apologetic smile. As if forming a bond of comradery over their mutual ignorance as to what media the man was talking about.

Street Outside Mansion
Interactions: o.Rinn o.Rinn Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Team Assassin (Shiori)
o.Rinn o.Rinn Xel Xel

Shiori had no clue what anime the male was talking about. Assassin quickly answered as believably as possible. "I just got these at a thrift store. Whatever you are talking about is just a coincidence I think."
"Still, you are pretty!" Shiori replied to Assassin. "But you aren't bad yourself either!" He said to the redhead.​

1668400984646.png
Bolbi did not glean as much immediate information from the surprised individual as he had expected. It was possible she was one that was more untrustworthy of strangers here than he was. Even more so when one runs into you and doesn't lift a finger to help. As if on cue, the woman did indeed bring herself back up to standing position of her own accord, acting cautiously; perhaps intimidated by Bolbi running around with three heroic spirits. In that regard, he could understand, especially considering how one of them was one of the least "heroic" heroic spirits that could be summoned.

Pushing Columbus' antics and horrendous ways of thinking aside, Bolbi would be remiss if he didn't feel an ounce of guilt here. No matter the case, there would come a time when formalities had to be brief and less lax than people would prefer. If he had received a similar treatment, instead of being shoved through walls earlier by Columbus, he may have thought differently.

Snapping out of his thoughts, Bolbi was at least glad the woman was leading them inside towards some sort of shopping mart. If they could stock up on provisions here, fantastic. The best benefit was that they could be off the streets and in a sheltered area to recoup and share information. "I do think you have the right idea," He agreed with a nod. "This may be a great chance to grab a bite to eat, as well." He didn't normally think with his stomach, but Bolbi couldn't remember how long it'd been since his last meal anymore. The passage of time just felt wrong in this place, despite the fact it was moving relatively at normal pace to the real world, or normal world, or whatever you'd call where they were supposed to be.

"It would serve best to free ourselves of senseless running too, Master." Quixote chimed in. "And we can get to know this individual who is helping us without a second thought." Sancha stood beside Quixote and smiled. "Yes yes, though if we could leave this old dullard behind, I'd be very happy with that, too." She added. Columbus looked away with a scoff; he still couldn't believe he was stuck with three people so opposing to him.

"Enough babbling! I'm starving." Columbus relented, barging past his compatriots and the stranger without a second thought. From outside, Bolbi could hear him making a ruckus already; knocking items off shelves and snacking on whatever he grabbed first. "Please, lead the way." Bolbi said with a sigh, gesturing for the stranger to direct them inside.

Interactions: Cierra Cierra

HOTD05_17615.png
Sebastian Lovato
seabassoverlay.png
"The Armchair General."

City Sidewalk

Sebastian was adamant to recall that tune. Or so it seemed much to the cursory confusion of those around him. Unbeknownst to them, Nahuatl continued to slip from his foreign tongue and under his breath in small, breathy whispers. At first, there was a fear that he wouldn’t remember them after so long. But the music had been seared into his flesh, and its words carved over and over again into the recesses of his mind with a honed blade. The young mage would never forget them. Even if a part of him wished he could.

As the others spoke, his dark eyes then flitting between a partner he had never asked for and a potential enemy he never wanted, and he took a breath, filling his lungs as if the moment before a plunge.

Astin.

The very word pulsed. It reverberated through Sebastian’s bones, echoed inside his lungs, and awakened a familiar burn: mana. From the shadows at their feet burst a sudden gale of birds. Their blackened wings beat fiercely, their cries piercing, deafening, as the cloud billowed towards the skies and enveloped the strange women entirely, blinding them, deafening them, disorienting them — giving Sebastian and Julius the chance to escape. Or fight. Regardless of what action Julius would seize, Sebastian himself fled a distance down the sidewalk, shoving past faceless denizens, reaching into his jacket to brand his gun, come what may.

City Sidewalk

“I see. I apologize, perhaps I should have introduced myself first, Daisuke Shinguji. Now, before you start offering me jobs and payment, why don’t you introduce yourself as well”.

Indeed Daisuke wanted to regain his memories about why he ended in that city and why he had these awkward flashbacks, but he didn’t show nothing of that, his expression, tone of voice, even physical language didn’t change at all, he didn’t trust that woman, better said, that woman hadn’t earned his trust yet.

A single step forward was taken without hesitation or fear, as if the wasn’t in front of a woman who just massacred inhuman creatures, nor the woman who seemed to be pulling the strings, but he spoke to them as if she were the most ordinary girl of the street.

“So, how should I call you?”

Knowing the name was something so simple yet so important, just like Daisuke’s step to bringing both physically closer to each other, knowing the name was the first step to get mutual trust. Would she be worthy of his trust or she would have to dispose of her. Daisuke would decide what to do based on the answer of the woman in front of him.

CatJones CatJones

SaberCity Sidewalk

She, like the other two women, was left to stand idly by as her Master continued to sing his tune. It was beginning to drag on so long she had half a mind to speak up and make him stop. Alas, such thoughts remained squarely that for soon enough that song culminated in a burst of magic that summoned forth a host of shadowy birds erupting from the pair's feet. Truth be told she didn't wish to start the engagement. She would have much rathered follow along the original idea of gathering intelligence. With her need to prove herself no longer on the table there was little reason to charge headfirst into combat. But if that was the course of action her Master chose, then it was her duty as Legatus to see her Master's will done.

With nary even a second to spare her hand was on the hilt of her sword. Her blade brandishing in brilliant luster as the crimson-haired woman charged forth with such speed it was nigh impossible for any normal human to keep track. Within the blink of an eye she bypassed the taller woman and was before the small lass at the woman's side, her intended target, her blade raised for a swift downward slice of incredible power. It was clear to the thus-unknown Assassin that the redhead wasn't going light. Both the speed and power of her attempted kill were brutally uncompromising.

City Sidewalk

Team Assassin
o.Rinn o.Rinn Xel Xel

It was at this moment when the strange man had said something under his breath. Shiori didn't know what he said, but immediately a flock of birds appeared from nowhere, blinding Shiori's vision. "What the heck?"
The red head went past Assassin, and made an attempt to kill Shiori at this moment. However, she would find that her sword stopped the moment she raised it behind her in a striking position. Assassin had been quick enough to catch the blade with one hand, blood oozing from her hand while she had a strong grip on Saber's weapon.

"You know it's rude to attack a girl when her guard is down?" Assassin asked, before throwing a punch at Saber's face. She still had a hold of Saber's sword when shi did so.
Shiori meanwhile had ran out of the flock and had dropped to her knees, huffing and puffing. "What the heck? What the heck happened?"
They're an enemy. Get back to the mansion.

"Huh? Assassin?"
I'll do what I can to buy you some time, now go!

Shiori understood and ran off to her mansion.
While he did so, Assassin had drawn her knife, but its unknown whether Saber had let go of her own weapon prior or not. Either way, Assassin was in a tough fight.​

Saber
Saber stared at the man for a long moment, her facial expression souring as he spoke. Her smile turned slowly into a disapproving scowl, her nostrils flared at the idea of a human acting this familiar with her. It was almost comical if it weren't for the fact that this meant a lot of her masters plans were unraveling. They, the other masters aside from Yuriko, had been rather pliant up until this point. This change and sudden boldness must have meant that they were reaffirming their own personalities. Her scowl softened to a blank expression. She had no reason to allow this man to live any further, the only thing staying her hand was the fact that it was a wasted motion. She could tear him apart and use his entrails to paint the block. But even if she did, it wouldn't amount to much of anything. This damn city revived everyone in it until their master said otherwise.

"I don't know which is funnier, this brave front your putting up or the idea that you think I give a shit what you want." She stepped closer to him, a manic smile passing over her features. She was a cold-blooded killer, the best of the unit she had served in and better then her peers in other units. She had killed more people then this boy would have ever met in his life. To her, he was nothing but another tally mark. He was at least Japanese, though she wondered where his family had stood during the war between the Shogun and Emperor.

"My name is Nakazawa Koto, greatest swordswoman of the Boshin War, undefeated by every opponent I ever crossed swords with. Now, you can either find Yuriko and bring her to me, or be gone. I have no use for chaff on the battlefield." She gave him a simple ultimatum. If he had recovered enough of his composure to work under his own will again, he was next to useless. He would either be brow beaten into doing what he was told or would he would be buried. In due time, of course.

Blitzkrieg Bob Blitzkrieg Bob

Caster
It didn't surprise Caster how quickly he rejected the offer. Humans were like that, clinging to their morals and values above everything else. When she had been alive it had been endearing to her, the respect she earned for her research and the willingness of those who had supported her in the face of adversity to refuse to compromise their values for the sake of agreeing with the status quo. Despite being the baleful shadow of who she was meant to represent, a lingering glint of something resembling humanity stirred in her. By all accounts, his refusal to assist was a death sentence for himself. Their master had little care for the extra's who had been drug into this sordid affair and their elimination was often considered a far dimplier path to their true goal.

"I see. I hope you do not come to regret that decision." She turned to leave, seeing no other reason to interact with someone who was no longer of tactical value. She took a few steps before stopping again, speaking loudly but refusing to turn around to face him, "I would suggest that you do everything in your power to avoid the girl known as Mihara Yuriko. Regardless of how you see it, if we find you in close proximity to her, I can guarantee that my...compatriot will decide you her ally. She refuses words and accepts only actions in regard to swaying her. If she see's the two of you together, she will expect you to either assist in killing Yuriko or dying with her. If you wish to remain here at the docks and hide, by all means, but don't overestimate how long this clarity of yours will last."

She moved away from him, heading towards the heart of the city. She wasn't sure if he had felt it but somewhere in the city, someone was already about to get into a fight. She could feel the change in the currents of mana hanging in the air, no Noble Phantasms yet but they were out for blood. There was an off chance that Yuriko could be there. If the Master behind her had any reservations, she ignored them, quickly bounding forward, towards the fight.

YsFanatic YsFanatic

HOTD10_4709.png
Sebastian Lovato
seabassoverlay.png
"The Armchair General."

City Sidewalk

The summons had proven ample distraction, enough for Sebastian to escape the strangers. Be they allies or snakes in the grass, he didn’t desire to linger too close for too long to find out. Julius, on the other hand, was a bull with her horns lowered to take command of the field. She charged headlong into the blinding, screeching horde, sharpened steel long and piercing swung in a graceful, deadly motion, and it arced in a silver streak before it was halted bluntly, crudely, by the very meat of the muscular woman’s naked hand. Claret painted ribbons down her forearm. For a moment Sebastian thought he was going to be sick, even by the shuddering frames of what he saw. Was he shy of blood? He had never experienced it in real life before. But a flicker of a lithe girl darting from the swarming black hawks forced him to swallow down the sudden queasiness. He leveled his gun, and he found her easily down his sights. But as easy as it was to pin aim onto her, pulling a trigger was nigh impossible.

Really, he had never had the objective to do so. Yet, if this was truly the war Julius had told him, the reality was it would be dog-eat-dog. And if the prize was any wish granted to the victor…?

Though his knuckles were bloodless, his trigger finger never budged. It was in that fraction of a moment that he locked eyes with the girl. Large, soft brown eyes round with shock as she ran for her life. If they were aware of what he and Julius were, just how desperate would they be? Or were they perhaps scared too?

Sebastian immediately dropped his aim.

“Julius!? Get out of there!!” His hand swept with an authoritative gesture across the horizon, and the summoned beasts dissipated into nothingness, as daylight had drawn and burned the shadows away to ash, leaving the entangled pair free of the terrorizing flock.

City Sidewalk

Last edited:
SaberCity Sidewalk

The arc of her blade came to a sudden halt. Ensnared in place before it could strike true. The redhead looked over at the muscular woman clutching her blade. The blood trickling down the poor woman's arm. As that punch came her way she pivoted on her heel, her grip on her blade remaining firm as she put the full force of her fearsome strength into throwing Assassin free of her grip. Saber accompanied the maneuver with a quick hop back to gain a bit of distance before peering down at her crimson-slick blade. "You are not very astute, are you? Have you no weapon to use?" She posed the questions to her enemy, her eyes darting over to the fleeing girl as it was clear now her suspicions were correct. It remained to be seen what kind of servant she was dealing with, however. Alas, such things would have to wait as her Master's words called out for her to flee. "Seems I am not destined to take your head just yet." Despite the worried cries of her Master, Saber was clearly not concerned in the slightest.

"I'll leave you with a bit of parting wisdom. No matter how strong you might be, tis never a wise decision to take a wound needlessly." The crimson-haired beauty flashed a wry, smug grin towards the muscular lass. A knowing look in her eye as she turned to make her way back towards her Master. Flagrantly turning her back on the woman as she threw her hand to her side to cast her sword into the aether. It's form breaking apart in a brilliant flurry of reddened flakes before vanishing entirely from view. She was seemingly defenseless as she elegantly waltzed back towards the gun-toting man. Whether Assassin decided to act on that fact or not was left to be seen. Though the woman would soon realize the error in catching Saber's blade as the deep wound in her hand would not heal. Such was the crimson-clad beauty's power. That act would see Assassin dripping blood from a wound that could not be closed for the remainder of this war which, in time, would truly bring context to Saber's wisdom.

"Master. Why would you pull me back? Such a fight was one I could have taken with ease." The voice echoed within her Master's mind for no one but the two of them to hear. "Was that not the intent of your distraction?" For the potentially bewildered man he could clearly see, and hear, that Saber's words were not coming from her mouth. Her lips were sealed with those stern red hues leveled directly upon him. A demanding question burning within them that belied the calmness of the voice within his mind. It was rather quite clear that Saber was not fond of abandoning a fight she believed to be quite handedly won.
City Sidewalk

(Internet started being spotty for the last two days, so sorry for the late reply)

Yuriko
Yuriko breathed a sigh of relief as the four agreed to follow her into the nearby store. On the one hand she was showing she could be trusted and on the other she was putting herself in a very small building with several servants. The collateral damage alone would probably kill her. Still, if they were going to survive this ordeal, they needed to work together. Not just her and these four but all of them. The Saber and Caster hunting her were both powerful and death wasn't something that would slow them down. She needed a way to convey this that made it seem more like a danger to them then her asking them to kill her enemies for them. The one thing that almost every master in a grail war could be counted on for was their own selfishness.

She led the other four to the building and entered. The inside was simple and rustic, black and white linoleum flooring, several rows of shelves filled with nearly everything someone could need to make it through the average day. The counter was manned by one of the many faceless creatures, it taking no notice of the people entering. She wasn't hungry but the others speaking of food led her to immediately follow the front counter to its warm food section, pointing out the sections foods; yakitori, croquettes and steamed buns. She moved past it to quickly check the back door, noting where it was. Past the counter and on the left, she told herself. It was past the majority of the store, with only the bathroom past it.

She walked back to the others, looking past them to focus on the outside, her eyes constantly moving as if she was looking for something. She spoke to them nonetheless.

"I imagine you have questions, so ask away. I'll answer what I can." She was being honest, she still had some things in the city that she didn't understand. And some things that she had an inkling about but no way to prove her own theories.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

1669004963906.png Don Quixote had done his best to hold the reins of Rider and their Master, to varying degrees of success. It would surely be true conundrum should they repeat their attitudes in the midst of combat. He had little belief in that actually happening, considering Rider would be more than occupied on satiating bloodlust. And now that they found themselves with another stranger in the mix, there was much uncertainty to be had.

Bolbi's rather apathetic attitude toward the woman they bumped into may have been a correct choice, or the wrong one. Neither he nor Rider had sensed enough magical energy to suspect her of being a Servant, though the chance she was either that or a Master remained. Sancha was doing a better job at observational duty than her three travelling companions, at least. This young lady was by no means about to initiate combat with them; if anything, she seemed intimidated. Running into so many people moving around together could have been the case, but Sancha noticed a sigh of relief as she had led them into the store. Which meant whatever had put the girl into a frenzy had been from whichever way she came. Sancha took Don Quixote aside once the girl declared it was time for questioning; he had to know.

With the two out of sight, Bolbi stood by with his arms crossed. What kind of question should he ask? Would there be some that would put them at risk for knowing the answer to? "I'll tell you what I want to know first. Are you a Master?" He bluntly asked. "I don't believe we are currently in a Holy Grail War, but on the off chance I am wrong, or I'm right and other Masters around here think otherwise, I have to know if you are one of them."

Columbus punched the faceless clerk behind the counter and popped open the register, nabbing up cash that was virtually useless to him: old habits die hard. "I'm glad you got straight to the point, Master." The Rider congratulated, scratching his beard. Columbus grabbed as much money as his hands could hold, then grimace when he looked at the coins and bills. Shrugging his shoulders, he turned back to the other side of the counter. "Besides, if she's a Master, why not we deal with her now?" Columbus dropped the cash and hopped over the counter, slowly unsheathing the sword the carried. As he got to Bolbi's position, he smiled his nefarious smile, bearing teeth and gums menacingly; suddenly met with a blow right to his face. The Servant didn't do more than get nudged to the side from the punch. "Tsk tsk, testy, aren't we, Master?" He mocked, seeing Bolbi retract his fist.

Gritting his teeth, Bolbi fixed his sunglasses, adding, "We are to remain civil here. You think I even want to kill other Masters anyways!? This city is no place for me, yes. But I will not play pawn to this whole charade!" This was not what Bolbi had planned out in his head; how little of that he had done anyway. "Don't let this geezer scare you, please. Instead, what do you know of this city and the faceless people here? I don't know where you hail from, but surely you comprehend this isn't a normal Earth city." He briefly wondered if they might be asking too many questions at once.

Thankfully, Sancha came up from behind and reassuringly patted Bolbi's shoulder, before brushing past to meet the stranger herself. Don Quixote did the same, shooting a nasty glare at Columbus as he passed. "Would it not be more prudent for us to know who it is we have met before anything else? Please, miss, start by telling us your name and what you it is that you might want from us." Sancha inquired, extending an olive branch.

Interaction: Cierra Cierra

Team Assassin
o.Rinn o.Rinn Xel Xel

Shiori had almost reached the mansion when he turned back to see the guy aim his gun at him. Shiori was still, eyes locked with his. Shiori didn't want to die here. He didn't do anything wrong at all. He wasn't even interested in fighting. He was more concerned about the mystery that was happening.

The boy lowered his weapon and said something, Shiori unable to understand what he said, but Saber understood and had left Assassin, but not before saying something to her.

Assassin spoke with a cold expressionless response to the red clad woman, who currently seemed pleased with herself. "It doesn't matter how much damage I receive. You will regret crossing my path, and I will enjoy killing you slowly when we meet again."
Assassin had looked at the wound on her hand as Saber left, it wasn't closing, but she didn't care. She was used to seeing blood. The red stuff was always present when she ate a person.

Assassin regrouped with Shiori, and they proceeded to enter the mansion. Both of them sat in the living room, across from each other as Assassin reverted to her normal form.
20220926_192415.png

"Master, you know anything about self defense?" Assassin asked the other boy. "Uh.... well.... I can't remember still." Shiori replied with a sigh. "Perhaps we should search the building for a weapon you could use. I think if we do, you can remember how to use it." Assassin suggested, as he licked the wound, lapping up his own blood. The wound wasn't deep, but it certainly wasn't gonna stop bleeding anytime soon.
"Shouldn't you get that patched up?" Shiori asked Assassin.
"I have no need to. I feel better about myself when I lick my wounds because it gets most of the blood clear."
"You are a strange person indeed." Shirou replied.​

Yuriko could already feel a headache coming on. This group was rambunctious to the point of ridiculousness. In a way it was amazing that they were working together at all. She wondered how their clashing personalities had made it possible for them all to be summoned with each other. Worse yet, one of them was more violent then the others. The tall man with the wide smile, punching out, or attempting to punch out, the faceless behind the counter and taking the money from the register. What use a servant had for money was beyond her but she knew she was in the weaker negotiating position. It didn't help that the Master punched his own Servant, though said servant seemed to see it as basically a joke.

They asked a quick series of question, almost like good cop, bad cop. The master was straight to the point and one of the other servants, the pink haired woman with animal ears was attempting to be much more civil. Either way, Yuriko took it in stride as best she could.

"My names Mihara Yuriko. Normally I'd say its rude to ask someone's name without giving your own first but I understand how servants operate," she began, remaining a cordial and polite tone, "As for this city, I'm surprised you didn't already figure it out. This entire city is a reality marble, using the Grail as something of a catalyst tom empower the boundary. I'm sure you noticed the mana levels here. As for the faceless creatures, I don't exactly know what they are. I have theories but it answers what they are physically, not why they are."

She paused to give them a moment to process what she had said. Reality Marbles were high concept magics that not everyone could do and most times they were come across was when Servants were involved. Still, it would be a tough thing to swallow what it all meant for them to be stuck there. She imagined they would start to ask questions about why they were there, why them, how to escape, who was running the marble, should they trust her. She was expecting these but decided to ask her own question first.

"But I have one for you all: what do you remember so far? Do you remember ever meeting me before? Or what about other Masters?"

BlightGiver BlightGiver

The girl's sour expression was nothing uncommon in this kind of situation, instead Daisuke expected it and even welcomed it. He observed every expression on her face and the changes in her breathing to measure her character. She was like a portrait whose rich details couldn’t pass unaware for the trained eye. Of course while he hid his intentions, she was pretty open to state her case, but Daisuke thought it couldn't be that easy, perhaps she realized his intentions and her harsh reply was her way to avoid revealing more information to the boy.

probably that wasn’t the case. The harshness of her words was the envelope of a resolute and seasoned warrior, but also of a woman whose achievements have granted her the right to be bold and utterly sincere to the others. He knew -by experience- those were worthy qualities on the battlefield, but perhaps not so much on a casual talk, after all, though she was harsh in her reply at first, in the end she gave him her name and not only that, she told her a lot more about her background, methods and purpose. She seemed like an apex predator so strong that doesn't need to hide of others.

“Nakazawa Koto?”. Replied the boy scratching his chin performing an idle expression. “The name doesn’t ring any bells, but ‘the hottest swordswoman of the Boshin War’?, sheesh, that’s quite a title”. He replied apparently having misunderstood the title she gave herself with an expression that made it difficult to understand if he really misunderstood Nakazawa’s title or he was mocking her.

Although the idea of a woman claiming to be a deceased warrior of the far past could be improbable for most people, Daisuke didn’t discard it yet, he had fought more awkward characters before and personally he didn’t want to believe the girl in front of him was a liar or a crazy woman. Nevertheless, unlike the girl, Daisuke was anything, but sincere, he knew about the Boshin war, the battles and the warriors who fought and died in the conflict that restored the House of Meiji, it was part of the strict education his family demanded. He always thought Nakazawa Koto as a footnote of the conflict and after listening her he thought she thought a little too high of herself, she might be the greatest swordswoman, but, in his opinion, her legacy paled in comparison with other warriors of the age and those of his own family. However, he keep his thoughts for himself.

“Anyway”. He continued with a relaxed tone of voice. “That Yuriko seems like a very important person, now I’m curious you know, I want to meet her. Where she lives? How she looks like?”. He said with an apparent enthusiasm, but his voice only hesitated when he pronounced ‘Yuriko’, not only because Nakazawa spoke about her almost as an invaluable prize, but also because Daisuke disliked that name.

CatJones CatJones

Last edited:
HOTD02_5779.png
Sebastian Lovato
seabassoverlay.png
"The Armchair General."

City Alley

Julius’s voice was an echo in the well of Sebastian’s mind, and the unexpected, unwelcome dialogue ringing in his ears caused the poor man to stumble to a clumsy stop. The initial question that nearly fled his lips was how she managed to speak telepathically with him. Such communication was reserved for…—

Breathing heavily, he heaved, “Right, I…” And he looked her over, brows pinched over a vaguely sheepish expression, then kept his mouth shut. “I guess you’re technically a familiar, aren’t you?” A clammy hand rubbed at the stress in his forehead before slipping down beneath his glasses to rub the growing weariness accumulating under his eyes. But still, a bit of humor could be found in that wavering smile of his. Julius was a person in his eyes. Naturally, it felt strange to think of her as anything else. There was a crushing realization that he might have to start shifting his ways of thought sooner rather than later, in many, many regards. He chuckled weakly, “Sorry, my familiars aren’t usually much for conversation.”

Sebastian peered towards the mansion, now distant down the street. It seemed the two women had barred themselves inside rather than giving chase. “Telepathy would have been useful, yeah, but it’s not like you didn’t read my intentions wrong. I wanted to fight. That’s what you do in wars, right?” The still-cocked weapon in his limp grip felt heavy. “She wasn’t fighting, though. Didn’t even say they didn’t want to hurt us or anything. She just ran, and…” He shook his head. She ran, and Sebastian found out all too quickly that he didn’t want to be on either end of the gun. After all, people die when they are killed.

With his words dwindling into silence, he realized they would now have to carry on with their initial plan of action. Sebastian nudged his head towards an alleyway they could cut through to explore other parts of the city further to collect supplies and led on. “... Winning this thing or whatever is supposed to grant us a wish. What would you wish for?”

City Alley

Interactions: Xel Xel

To say that Jake was shocked to get out of that situation without even being attacked was an understatement to say the least. Once he regained his composure, the medical worker was quick to decide on a few things. First, he didn't want to stick around where that woman and the partner she spoke of would expect to find him. Better to head towards back to the core of the city where the myriad buildings and streets would offer better places to hide, at least in theory. Second thing was that he needed to find allies, his encounter with that mage and her demand made it clear that there were others in the city besides the faceless people. Hopefully at least some of them would be willing to cooperate to find a way out of here. Third, while the warehouses would be a treasure trove of supplies, perhaps it would be better to hit up a convivence store instead since he could get in and out far more quickly. After the encounter he just had, Jake didn't feel safe lingering in the warehouse any more than he had to. Finally, he needed to avoid this Mihara Yuriko person if he wanted to stay out of trouble.

Out of those objectives, the most important at the moment was the supplies and allies. Then he could worry about finding somewhere to hide for when he needed it. Or even find multiple such locations, just in case. With that in mind, he began the long trek back to the city proper, or at least it should have been long except that he rather quickly found himself surrounded by the various shops, apartment complexes, and skyscrapers of the city. Between his unexpected arrival at the docks and now somehow crossing a much longer distance than expected with just a few minutes of walking, Jake started to become suspicious that whatever was affecting the city was screwing with his senses, or that space itself was somehow warped. He didn't know which was worse and trying to think about it was starting to give him a headache.

Shaking his head free of that line of thought, he looked up to find himself in front of a red-walled convivence store. With the building being that of his favorite color, he figured that it had to be a sign of good luck, and in a move that could be considered reckless given the current situation, walked in without even glancing through the windows first. Inside he was greeted by a most unexpected sight, a man that looked to be out a history book, two figures that wouldn't be out of place at a Renn Faire or fairy tale, and then finally a man and woman in more normal clothing. Caught off guard as he was, Jake could help but blurt out a quick "What the fuck?" as he stood in the doorway.

Interactions: Cierra Cierra BlightGiver BlightGiver

1669442467391.png
Columbus guffawed; the situation became even more to his liking thanks to the stranger's response. This so called Yuriko confirmed there was a Grail at work. Now, all that was left was to find it.

"Fantastic news." The explorer cheered, bearing his teeth and gums. "If need be, we simply kill other masters, win that atrocious cup, and we'll be swimming in riches!" He stated.

Bolbi, however was having none of it. "We are not here to be murderers, old bastard. If that is a result of us defending ourselves, so be it. But, I will NOT have us hunting them down with intent to kill." He hastily replied. None of this made much sense to Bolbi, especially with the reveal they were trapped in a reality marble. That certainly meant physical escape attempts would remain unsuccessful until this pocket dimension dissipates.

Columbus was not thrilled with his Master's order. This information merely reinforced his opinion that they were partaking in a Holy Grail War of sorts. Ending the lives of other Masters and their Servants was the best way to win. How could his Master not see the prospect if such a powerful relic? He figured why not give this diplomacy BS a try, just for a moment. He didn't feel like hearing Lancer's little pet rant about his behavior again.

"I know you are not unintelligent enough so as to not see the beauty of a Holy Grail, Master. And wish you wanted, fulfilled! We can help you achieve this. In fact, why don't you tell us your wish now, for all of us to hear?" he urged, adding his typical Columbus flair by embarrassing his Master in front of the newly met Yuriko.

Bolbi refused to hesitate."It's simple. I wanted to go to space. To leave this world behind and gaze upon the universe with my own eyes." he said, pausing for a moment. He brought his hand under his eye and pinched the top of his nose. "But, using a grail for that? It'd make me no better than my folks back in the States. Besides, I already decided to stop chasing such dreams long ago. A Holy Grail is uesless to me."

The Rider managed a strange look at his Master's response. Bolbi couldn't make out whether it be disgust, contempt or bewilderment. The explorer, however, felt something completely opposite: pity.

Getting back to the matter at hand, Bolbi ran Yuriko's quesrion in his mind. "To be honest, how I got here was kind of a smooth transition. It was jarring, yes, but it didnt feel like I had been moved from where I was before." he explained, to the best of his abilities.

"And us Servants were wandering about the city before we felt Master had arrived in a warehouse. Can't say we recall ever running into, nay, seeing someone like you before." Lancer added, looking back at Sancha for affirmation. "At most, it is possible we may have ran past you during earlier excursions, but I cannot say."

Leaning against a shelf and nearly knocking it over, Bolbi nodded now that the puzzle pieces were somewhat coming together. Yuriko confirmed there was a grail responsible for this reality marble and that she has a doppelganger somewhere in this city she is apprehrnsive of. 'That is, unless we ran into the doppelganger, who is trying to sow doubt if we ever meet the original.' the confused Master thought to himself. It was as if there was no one they could trust in this city. To add another tally to that list, an individual burst into the convenience store, interrupting this interrogation.

Clearly out of breath and not entirely happy to see all the Servants, the man simply swore. It was enough get Columbus to action, who turned to meet the man and put a hand on his sword's handle. "Eavesdropping, eh?" he hissed, curling his lips into a frown that did little to hide his annoyance. The fact he still had his sword sheathed, however, was yet another Columbus attempt at being civil.

Interactions: Cierra Cierra YsFanatic YsFanatic

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back