• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Crossover (OOC)

Characters
Here
Hey is anyone else a little worried about finding people to join? I was just worried that if it took to long people would start leaving and then this would become dead.

Hey is anyone else a little worried about finding people to join? I was just worried that if it took to long people would start leaving and then this would become dead.
I'm worried but I dunno what to do. Maybe Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 could tag the Fate drifters peeps tho. Or make 5 NPC's like in fate drifters.

Speaking of that though I really hope we can eventually start this because I have put a lot of effort into this. I have been combing wikis and other places fro spells and techniques to the point that I have a sheet made with runes on it and their effects and have been trying to figure out how to combine certain runes for better effects without killing myself, so at this point I feel like that would all be wasted If we won't ever be able to start. Especially since this is a great premise and could lead to really fun stuff. Btw I heard of Fate/Drifters but how did that go was it fun did the people playing enjoy themselves, or is it still going?

Speaking of that though I really hope we can eventually start this because I have put a lot of effort into this. I have been combing wikis and other places fro spells and techniques to the point that I have a sheet made with runes on it and their effects and have been trying to figure out how to combine certain runes for better effects without killing myself, so at this point I feel like that would all be wasted If we won't ever be able to start. Especially since this is a great premise and could lead to really fun stuff. Btw I heard of Fate/Drifters but how did that go was it fun did the people playing enjoy themselves, or is it still going?
It's on hiatus for lack of a better word. It was fun while it was happening but it isn't right now.

Not gonna lie just went to the Fate/Drifters thread and look what I found
meme-fandom-roleplay-gil-png.580060

Idea Idea , QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel , LostHaven LostHaven , Birdsie Birdsie

You guys want to be masters?
While the idea of videogame, movie, and anime characters becoming Servants sounds great on paper, I have some pointed doubts about how that'd operate in practice or fit into the Nasuverse. An idea like this takes great effort to execute properly without completely destroying logic, the world, and just about everything.

Does this have an actual backstory for why Link is even eligible as a Saber-class Servant, or is it just: "lol, the system glitched out?"

I'm not sure what mood this is supposed to be? Comedy? Realism? Tragedy? Tragicomedrealism? None of these? Pure chaos?

Beyond that, how do you define, "detachment from the planet" and convert into into the rate of how much Gaia and/or Alaya put pressure onto the Servants? Is it defined solely on how impossible their abilities are? Is it defined by the standards of their own world? How does that fit into this one? Is Zelretch funding this venture from behind the scenes?

It's not that I'm opposed, but I need some guide to how I'm supposed to write for this if I'm going to be a Master.

While the idea of videogame, movie, and anime characters becoming Servants sounds great on paper, I have some pointed doubts about how that'd operate in practice or fit into the Nasuverse. An idea like this takes great effort to execute properly without completely destroying logic, the world, and just about everything.

Does this have an actual backstory for why Link is even eligible as a Saber-class Servant, or is it just: "lol, the system glitched out?"

I'm not sure what mood this is supposed to be? Comedy? Realism? Tragedy? Tragicomedrealism? None of these? Pure chaos?

Beyond that, how do you define, "detachment from the planet" and convert into into the rate of how much Gaia and/or Alaya put pressure onto the Servants? Is it defined solely on how impossible their abilities are? Is it defined by the standards of their own world? How does that fit into this one? Is Zelretch funding this venture from behind the scenes?

It's not that I'm opposed, but I need some guide to how I'm supposed to write for this if I'm going to be a Master.
Hm, personally I didn't think about it like that. I also share your worries and question about how this will all work I personally saw this as a perfectly serious average grail war. I didn't think about the possibility of it straying from that.

It's supposed to be a authentic Grail war, but the beings Summoned were from untold legends. We already got the Servants set up, but we need masters. Think of it like a unexpected surprise the Grail made, without realizing it.

Hm, personally I didn't think about it like that. I also share your worries and question about how this will all work I personally saw this as a perfectly serious average grail war. I didn't think about the possibility of it straying from that.
Another concern is that, as a rule, all Servants must be human, or at least human-like.

They can't be Nature Spirits or Divine Spirits. It's why none of those magical whackos had the idea of summoning Thor at any point: Thor belongs to Gaia; he's a Divine Spirit. Now, someone like Arturia is human (with a bit of dragon in those nucleotides, if you get what I'm saying,) so she's in Alaya's domain. There's gray areas, in there, like Divine Spirits using human vessels, or Brynhildr losing her divinity and becoming pseudo-human, but that's it.

Does a Hylian qualify for "human?" Does an Ether Liner from Notes? Would it be eligible to sign up as Ado Edem?

It's supposed to be a authentic Grail war, but the beings Summoned were from untold legends. We already got the Servants set up, but we need masters. Think of it like a unexpected surprise the Grail made, without realizing it.
Untold legends? How does that work? Does that mean all of these characters really existed in our world at some point?

Also, the idea of "untold legends" seems to argue with how Mystery works in some interesting ways, but you could reasonably judge it to work or not work on a case-by-case basis, so at least that's fair.

Another concern is that, as a rule, all Servants must be human, or at least human-like.

They can't be Nature Spirits or Divine Spirits. It's why none of those magical whackos had the idea of summoning Thor at any point: Thor belongs to Gaia; he's a Divine Spirit. Now, someone like Arturia is human (with a bit of dragon in those nucleotides, if you get what I'm saying,) so she's in Alaya's domain. There's gray areas, in there, like Divine Spirits using human vessels, or Brynhildr losing her divinity and becoming pseudo-human, but that's it.

Does a Hylian qualify for "human?" Does an Ether Liner from Notes? Would it be eligible to sign up as Ado Edem?

Untold legends? How does that work? Does that mean all of these characters really existed in our world at some point?

Also, the idea of "untold legends" seems to argue with how Mystery works in some interesting ways, but you could reasonably judge it to work or not work on a case-by-case basis, so at least that's fair.
Well in terms of untold legends I imagine its literal in a way. These being legends exist somewhere but were never carried on in our universe is how I imagine it. Since the Throne of Heroes seems to exist outside of all of that, I imagine the legend exists enough for them to have a presence but not within the nasuverse normally thats how I interpret it. To be fair allowing characters from other fandoms as servants is bound to have some wishy washy way of them existing it's just too hard to establish a reason that people would actually be satisfied with.

Does a Hylian qualify for "human?" Does an Ether Liner from Notes? Would it be eligible to sign up as Ado Ede?

A Hylian would be an otherworldly equivalent yes.

As for the other two, I have no clue what they are.

Yes. An example would be Prince Ashitaka, a Rider from feudal Japan, in an age when gods existed.

That would make him be from the age of God's now that I think about it.

As for untold legends, it would work due to them being unknown Servants, so the playing field would turn out quite even depending on the combatants themselves.

Well in terms of untold legends I imagine its literal in a way. These being legends exist somewhere but were never carried on in our universe is how I imagine it. Since the Throne of Heroes seems to exist outside of all of that, I imagine the legend exists enough for them to have a presence but not within the nasuverse normally thats how I interpret it. To be fair allowing characters from other fandoms as servants is bound to have some wishy washy way of them existing it's just too hard to establish a reason that people would actually be satisfied with.
The only plausible way I could see fictional characters in a Holy Grail War is if Zelretch became an internet troll, acquainted with web culture, then got really, really drunk and decided to raid Fuyuki to claim the Grail. Cue several modifications to the Grail to force the system to spawn some bizarre wraith containers based on fictional characters, and Zelretch activating the system to see if it blends.

Granted, the Throne of Heroes exists closer to the Root, than the World, meaning some strange quasi-true magic bullshit may be involved in its operation, but the closest to a "fictional Servant" that exists is Nursery Rhyme, and at least that has several justifications. Or Sasaki Kojiro, but, again, justifications. At least lots of people know about Sasaki Kojiro.

As for the other two, I have no clue what they are.
Ado Edem is a member of the Ether Liner race (basically genetically-enhanced humans juiced up on semi-magical space grain), which features prominently in Angel Notes. It describes a hypothetical scenario where Gaia dies and, with its last breath, calls down all of the Ultimate Ones to destroy humanity as a goodbye middle finger. It's a very interesting read.

Yes. An example would be Prince Ashitaka, a Rider from feudal Japan, in an age when gods existed.
So, where's Hyrule? North of the Euphrates river?

As for untold legends, it would work due to them being unknown Servants, so the playing field would turn out quite even depending on the combatants themselves.
The idea of "unknown," and "Heroic Spirit" are, perhaps not opposite, but close enough. Whatever these Servants are, they probably aren't Heroic Spirits, and most likely aren't from the Throne of Heroes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back