• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

(FATE Core) We are Gems

SiliconKitten

Secretly a GemKitten
Hello! I'm here to stir up interest in a dice game set in the universe of STEVEN UNIVERSE but with a bit of a different story. The system i want to use is called FATE Core. It was recommended to me by Grey in place of building my own RP system (which I've decided to do anyway but not for this rp!)

In a matter of hours, I have a firm understanding of how Fate works and I'm eager to try it out!

To get things started I'd like to give you the run down of the setting.

[setting]: This story takes place on Earth, located in a place called Mermaid Isle which is large island near California. (It's a setting that doesn't exist in the real world.)

[scale]: With the story revolved around Gems, who once worked with Rose Quartz to prevent the destruction of life on Earth, there's a lot of personal interaction that we'll be using to fuel our game with drama.

[issues]: The kindergarten near Mermaid Isle has reactivated somehow and is spewing out new Gems that have no idea what's happening on Earth. The creation of these new Gems is sucking the life right out of the ground, killing nearby plants, animals, and people too! This is just the mot recent problem.

[What's a Gem?]:

Gems are an alien race of beings made from a single Gemstone and a body constructed of energy. That being said they all have a great deal of powers that provide them everything they need to protect themselves and others.

Aside from some basic skills, one can the use of Shape-shifting into all sorts of things, Regeneration from the most lethal attacks, and unique abilities that will keep you guessing what's possible.

So who can I expect to participate while we learn to use FATE?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Quill

@Thief of Words

edit: got some people from my other interest check mentioned :0

edit 2: https://www.rpnation.com/threads/fate-core-we-are-gems.133814/ there's the link

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Majestic Rose]Ohh! I'm interested!

[/QUOTE]
:D great! Have you used Fate Core before? If not then we are in the same boat. I can link you to an open resource site if you'd like to read it for yourself.

Color me Skeptical. I do like Steven universe, but this fandom is kinda new, and I'm always wary of any new fandom.

I do see, however, that you have enthusiasm. If this turns into a more organized party, I might request to join.

Kowaiser said:
Color me Skeptical. I do like Steven universe, but this fandom is kinda new, and I'm always wary of any new fandom.
I do see, however, that you have enthusiasm. If this turns into a more organized party, I might request to join.
:o I'm actually working on the game post now, I just got the character template complete but since I'm new to FATE Core it took me a little while to get it all written up. As for group size I may have to keep it under 6.

If your wary of the fandom then you probably don't have to worry too much since Steven Unique is still new and not full of crazy weirdos (I'm a homestuck fan so I should know how people get)

[QUOTE="Thief of Words]Hope no one minds if I go with Emerald.

[/QUOTE]
:) cool! Also the CS is up in the link to the game post.

Any chance this is still open? I'm guessing it isn't, but this seems like something that'd be right up my alley, even if I haven't played Fate before.

creepingShade said:
Any chance this is still open? I'm guessing it isn't, but this seems like something that'd be right up my alley, even if I haven't played Fate before.
nope. However, if someone drops then I'll contact you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back