• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Bad Joke OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Well, as strong as Alex might be she's still only human. And if she's constantly throwing out spells capable of bypassing Saber's magic resistance she'd soon find herself being the one out of mana. And as you said, Saber doesn't really need mana to fight. So the only real threat to Saber is buffed Assassin.

Right. So even if saber puts her army away before Jun turns into a mana-less prune, it'll be down to which Master can keep their servant fighting longer because maintaining servants cost mana too...especially the more powerful servants. Endurance battle <.<

That's assuming lexie doesn't have a super powerful auto one hit ko up her sleeves.

Alexandria should have Zeltretch on speed-dial :closedeyessmile:

Connections are nice.

Right. So even if saber puts her army away before Jun turns into a mana-less prune, it'll be down to which Master can keep their servant fighting longer because maintaining servants cost mana too...especially the more powerful servants. Endurance battle <.<

That's assuming lexie doesn't have a super powerful auto one hit ko up her sleeves.

Connections are nice.

Well,like I said, Saber's army isn't actually that mana-intensive. So, especially now, she can fight all day long and Jun wouldn't have much of a problem. Even going full strength it's a pretty low-cost NP, unlike her excaliblast rofl.

Well,like I said, Saber's army isn't actually that mana-intensive. So, especially now, she can fight all day long and Jun wouldn't have much of a problem. Even going full strength it's a pretty low-cost NP, unlike her excaliblast rofl.

Heh, I see. She's still wearing her cape tho so who knows.

I'll have to admit, reading Saber's cs makes mine feel inadequate in the detail department.

She'll probably have to tone down the buff if the fight drags on.

Indeed. Fight started some time past midnight (Caster was just finishing his deal with Eli then took the slow route to the catacombs) so I imagine it's quite late...er...early by now.

Indeed. Fight started some time past midnight (Caster was just finishing his deal with Eli then took the slow route to the catacombs) so I imagine it's quite late...er...early by now.
I wouldn't say much time has past. Neither party has done that much. It'd take a timeskip sorta deal to have a significant amount of time passed

I wouldn't say much time has past. Neither party has done that much. It'd take a timeskip sorta deal to have a significant amount of time passed

Midnight started on page 5. And many things happened even before the battle even began. But yeah, it depends on the amount of time one attributes to each post of the Saber vs Team Assassin battle. Certain scenes I imagine longer than others. Like Assassin vs Jun Force.

Midnight started on page 5. And many things happened even before the battle even began. But yeah, it depends on the amount of time one attributes to each post of the Saber vs Team Assassin battle. Certain scenes I imagine longer than others. Like Assassin vs Jun Force.

I always just look at the whole of the engagement and think "how long would the described actions take". The fight between Saber an team assassin has largely been one of a few heavy hitting moves, not some long drawn out slugfest of normal blows. If Assassin and Saber were just duking it out ala Archer vs Lancer in FSN, then you could make a case for time passing. But they haven't been, so the only time that's passed is the time that'd it take to perform those actions. It's probably only been 10-15 minutes tops rofl.

I always just look at the whole of the engagement and think "how long would the described actions take". The fight between Saber an team assassin has largely been one of a few heavy hitting moves, not some long drawn out slugfest of normal blows. If Assassin and Saber were just duking it out ala Archer vs Lancer in FSN, then you could make a case for time passing. But they haven't been, so the only time that's passed is the time that'd it take to perform those actions. It's probably only been 10-15 minutes tops rofl.

Well...Assassin wiped out Jun Force puppets (think think their was quite a bit in the halls) and made it back in time to join Dorian+Lexie vs Saber so I guess it's safe to say she insta-wiped them =P Or Dorian and Saber were duking it out a bit with small blows long enough for her to.

Whichever the case, you're right that battles generally don't take long (especially high paced ones like Servant battles). It's just all the other posts. Like Melvin replacing archer, Melvin making his way to the catacombs (he didn't get Archer to carry him or anything), Lexie's dinner with Dorian (I imagined 15 minutes at least...and given that they changed location, a bit longer), Saber vs Rider fight, Eli talking with the overseer, Caster vs Assassin skirmish, Saber's online shopping, whatever Jun was doing...it just feels like so much is happening in the span of one midnight...<.<

Well...Assassin wiped out Jun Force puppets (think think their was quite a bit in the halls) and made it back in time to join Dorian+Lexie vs Saber so I guess it's safe to say she insta-wiped them =P Or Dorian and Saber were duking it out a bit with small blows long enough for her to.

Whichever the case, you're right that battles generally don't take long (especially high paced ones like Servant battles). It's just all the other posts. Like Melvin replacing archer, Melvin making his way to the catacombs (he didn't get Archer to carry him or anything), Lexie's dinner with Dorian (I imagined 15 minutes at least...and given that they changed location, a bit longer), Saber vs Rider fight, Eli talking with the overseer, Caster vs Assassin skirmish, Saber's online shopping, whatever Jun was doing...it just feels like so much is happening in the span of one midnight...<.<

If you factor EVERYTHING then yeah, obviously several hours have passed. But the start of this point was the mana drain. The fight's been very short so far and Saber hasn't used hardly any mana from Jun, so the point is that mana rain would only play a part for saber if the battle dragged on.

If you factor EVERYTHING then yeah, obviously several hours have passed. But the start of this point was the mana drain. The fight's been very short so far and Saber hasn't used hardly any mana from Jun, so the point is that mana rain would only play a part for saber if the battle dragged on.

Oh, lol. I wasn't talking about the mana drain.

That's between you and Bear, maybe Bandit. I just meant, if neither can beat each other, it'd devolve into a mana drain fight. Whether refillable, giant mana pool (spending big mana) vs small mana pool (conserving mana) runs out faster is up in the air imo.

Oh, lol. I wasn't talking about the mana drain.

That's between you and Bear, maybe Bandit. I just meant, if neither can beat each other, it'd devolve into a mana drain fight. Whether refillable, giant mana pool (spending big mana) vs small mana pool (conserving mana) runs out faster is up in the air imo.

The mana battle really depends on how they fight. I mean, team assassin has Assassin going full tilt, with a reality marble, and with assassin's master spamming super-high tier magic capable of bypassing Saber's magic resistance.

Even with a larger mana pool they'd run out loooong before Saber, since Saber isn't actually using that much mana to fight. And then if we get really into it, Alex has quantity A and quality C, Jun has quantity B and quality A. So overall Jun can provide Saber more mana than Alex can.

In short, if it comes down to a war of attrition team Assassin would lose.

The mana battle really depends on how they fight. I mean, team assassin has Assassin going full tilt, with a reality marble, and with assassin's master spamming super-high tier magic capable of bypassing Saber's magic resistance.

Even with a larger mana pool they'd run out loooong before Saber, since Saber isn't actually using that much mana to fight. And then if we get really into it, Alex has quantity A and quality C, Jun has quantity B and quality A. So overall Jun can provide Saber more mana than Alex can.

Lol, Saber can take that up with Lexie.

Yet if you read one of Bear's older posts, when Alexandria refuses Dorian's offer to share prana, it seems like she's implying that she has this huge amount of raw Od. Not that it makes sense from her CS.

Yet if you read one of Bear's older posts, when Alexandria refuses Dorian's offer to share prana, it seems like she's implying that she has this huge amount of raw Od. Not that it makes sense from her CS.

What characters say in-character doesn't matter. Can chalk that up to her own arrogance or something. Going by the CS, she'd ultimately have less mana to provide than Jun would. So strictly from a mana battery perspective, Jun's the better battery. Or, at the very last, they'd be roughly equal.

I think her posts mentioned multiple reserves of some sort, so I don't think it's raw, natural od. Possibly seals storing mana or something like that...Artificial circuits?

What characters say in-character doesn't matter. Can chalk that up to her own arrogance or something. Going by the CS, she'd ultimately have less mana to provide than Jun would. So strictly from a mana battery perspective, Jun's the better battery. Or, at the very last, they'd be roughly equal.

Regression has something to do with that. It's basically comparing something like a water bucket to a tank, not so much as the core would be compared to a circuit but close. (Machine vs Factory and all that) I'd say that in terms of pure circuitry, it would be somewhere a bit better than the blue blood circuits in terms of pure magical capacity, but would far outstrip them in terms of efficiency or power of the spell. That being said, the good points of Atlas comes from their philosophy.

They don't need to be the strongest per se, they just need to create the strongest weapons, which brings us to QA's point.

I think her posts mentioned multiple reserves of some sort, so I don't think it's raw, natural od. Possibly seals storing mana or something like that...Artificial circuits?

Closer to a Magical Reactor really, but you get the point. She doesn't need to supply the mana herself when she was something like that XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back