• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, sometimes it's surprising how much a simple song in the background can add to a post.

Personal note: I dropped something in the character forum. Think I'm at a point where I've got most things in place, but I'd appreciate your thoughts and concerns; nothing's cast in stone just yet. Ask away if there are any questions - either I've got a good answer, or I'm learning more about the character myself =)

That makes sense for why he's been absent for so long and is just now joining us.

It's per laser per blast, so one shot does 8d4 damage. Since almost all of the VFs in Broadsword are VF-1Ss, I'll change the information to reflect that. Thanks for pointing it out, D.!

(OOC - Whoa. Stop here, please. This scene with Toph's entry did not take place. I'll explain later.)
Sorry! I didn't know that you had other plans for Herc. I was just trying to post some and help get him into the swing of things again.

Alrighty. I got to do more work on my CS. And Want to flesh out the background and quiz.

Is there anything yall would like to know or suggestions that I should add to his profile?

D. Rex D. Rex Just had a short look, one question that comes to mind is: Why Drunken Kung Fu, of all things? It looks awesome, that's certain - but how did he make that choice?

Apart from that: A few random questions - not necessarily stuff that needs to be on the sheet, but it never hurts to ask more questions, right?
If he could save all but one person on the planet, who would that one person be - he himself, his father, or maybe someone else? Favored sports, apart from fishing? Early bird or long sleeper? Favorite weather? Does he fear spiders? How often does he get a cold?

I can add that to the background! The Drunken boxing. That it was awesome was the main reason he got into it. You ever seen those little kung fu books? Richard got one when he was younger. And thought it was fun, it quickly became a hobby. Eventually found himself an actual teacher for it. Fleshing it out even further as he trained in the military. He keeps it to himself though, and doesnt really share that he knows kung fu.

To save all but one?
That's easy! Some random malcontent! Or probably some killer in jail.

Sports?
Definitely fishing. And woman chasing. But he has probably enjoyed some soccer with his squad.

Sleeper?
Been in the military long enough to be an early riser by habit. But if given the chance, hed certainly sleep in.

Weather?
Sunny, but not the biggest on the heat. Loves the snow. But! Rain is great for fishing.

Spiders?
Doesnt have any particular fear of them. But a spider would surprise him more than a beetle would.

Cold?
Not very often, stays pretty healthy. But when he does get sick, he'll use it as an excuse to rest.

Lol and dont worry, I love me some question

Heya Gang! We've got a little bit of in-game rewriting that needs to be taken care of, but before that happens, I'd like to share the situation in the most-positive light I can. Yes, I could just pull Psychie into a Conversation and go one-on-one, but I'd rather turn this into a learning experience for everyone. This way, everyone learns and perhaps improves their own skills as roleplayers (including mine!).

These posts are going to be deleted/altered/something, but before that takes place, would any of you like to hazard guesses as to why a Game Master might have issue with these posts?

Earlier, in the Medical Bay . . .

Toph, having gotten word from one of the Samanthas that Hercules was now awake, moves quickly to check in on the patient. She knocks politely before entering, then pokes her head in with a wide smile. "Hey there! I heard that you were finally awake! How is our patient feeling?" She gives Hitomi a nod before moving over to stand next to Reggie. "Up and about, I see. I have to give props to the medical technology of the Broadsword. Without the advanced gear here, I don't know if we would have been able to save you. Let me give you a quick check-up to make sure that you are at 100%."

Toph lets out a slight giggle. "No, not quite ready yet. I need to make sure you are ready for the rigors of combat. We don't want to have you getting hurt out in the field because you weren't fully healed. You took quite a hit back there. Now, have a seat and let me give you a quick exam. Then we can worry about having the Sams and Samanthas get you a fitting megasuit with the proper uniform under it."

Would it be that the Sam and Samantha are NPC controlled, And in the situation, the GM may be needing them to be doing something else, or that they may not know the answer? And even though they are NPCs, it would technically fall under the purview of "assuming control", however innocuous or innocent it may be.

Another possible issue may be that Herc time of awakening may not fall in line with Toph time. While I'm not caught up with the current event of IC, it could be scene jumping thus could make things a little out of synch.

Toph might not be a certified doctor, and could get sued for malpractice, or get booted out by the medical officer in charge.

According to the Temporal Stasis ruling, if Herc was hurt when he went on hiatus, he would still be in the same condition now, regardless of medical technology on board.

Would it be that the Sam and Samantha are NPC controlled, And in the situation, the GM may be needing them to be doing something else, or that they may not know the answer? And even though they are NPCs, it would technically fall under the purview of "assuming control", however innocuous or innocent it may be.

Yep! This is a part of it. I made no mention of Spacecrew Samantha telling any of the PCs and I don't make a habit of allowing PCs to take over NPCs.

Another possible issue may be that Herc time of awakening may not fall in line with Toph time. While I'm not caught up with the current event of IC, it could be scene jumping thus could make things a little out of synch.

This, too! Toph (and the other Wild Cards) at that time were elsewhere and occupied.

Toph might not be a certified doctor, and could get sued for malpractice, or get booted out by the medical officer in charge.

The latter in this case is true. Even if this scene were GM-approved, to have a doctor walk into a medical facility and take over the care of a patient when that patient is already under the care of a professional is a huge no-no. Especially a doctor who's literally in her first year (okay, first week) on the job. This is probably more true in the military. Basically, Herc was under Hitomi's care already. Any other doctor might have at least asked. Again, I'm ruling that this scene did not take place, but something like this may come up in the future and I think it's important to have such things in the open.

According to the Temporal Stasis ruling, if Herc was hurt when he went on hiatus, he would still be in the same condition now, regardless of medical technology on board.

Wow! You've done your homework! Thankfully, Hercules was perfectly healthy when he went into Temporal Stasis, and so he is here when he wakes. The whole injury situation was just a convenient way for Cap'n to rejoin us while giving Herc a plausible reason to be absent. =)

* * *​

So basically this all boils down to, "If in doubt, please ask me." Robotech: Broadsword is my story-based game (as opposed to Sharseya which is my "open sandbox"). While no player or GM likes to have their characters controlled without permission, it's an innocent-enough mistake to make. As the GM, I see it as my duty to bring it up so everyone's on the same page. =)

Sorry! I didn't know that you had other plans for Herc. I was just trying to post some and help get him into the swing of things again.

Psychie Psychie So yeah! Next time, just do me a favor and give me a shout out? "Hey, is it okay if my character does this?" I'll be glad to help out! =)

It also, from a player perspective, leaves Sherwood and I waiting around while Toph and Herc do their interaction (since the current scene is waiting on Hercules' arrival, which is of course delayed until he can leave the ship).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back