• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I've done a search just to satisfy myself. "Second" gets me 10 pages of results; "Chain" one, and "Command" seven. With not a single post that resembles what I'm looking for. I'm done :P

Elinor will speak up, then, and thanks, Psychie. ^33^

Hey Gang! As Captain Piper mentioned a little while back, your characters will be using the Rifleman Cyclones for this mission. I'll type up their statistics when time, opportunity, and energy allow. =)

As your very first Cyclones? Don't be afraid to work your way up, lady, and remember I don't have the Robotech background that you and Sherwood have. I hardly know what a Super Cyclone is! =)

Last edited:
It is the last of the Cyclone evolutions, complete with a big-ass rail gun and forearm missiles, and its standard firearm is the Valliant Laser Rifle.

super cyclone.jpg

super cyclone2.jpg

Ah! Thanks, Sherwood! For a moment I was wondering if the Super Cyclones were the Space Cyclones. I get it now! =)

I recognized the pictures when Sherwood posted them, but I forgot they were called "Super" Cyclones. =)

After reviewing the EU-11-style laser rifle that came with the Rifleman, I thought to myself, "I can bring something into the game that's cooler than that thing." That's where the Broadsword's custom guns came in. =)

I like the wireless weapons, being powered by simple proximity to the Cyclone.

The pistols are really cool; I am wondering if I can get a set to keep!

I'm in the same frame of mind, liking that Thundercracker weapon! Purr Purr , a quick question for you about it. Does it use WP Heavy Weapons or WP Energy Rifle as its targeting skill? I have an extra +1 with Energy Rifle, so it does make a difference to me.

Well (thinking out loud here), it's a rapid-fire energy-based laser cannon. Kind of like a heavy machinegun (a laser "Squad Automatic Weapon" if you will). The Centurion is a true rifle. I have to go with W.P. Heavy Weapons. Also, I have to note to you that in Shop Talk, there is a House Rule that covers all W.P.s raising up at the same rate ("House Rule: Skills - Weapon Proficiencies (W.Ps) scale at the same rate of experience."). I see you've got this on Mario's sheet?

Level 2: WP Heavy MD Weapons +1 to Strike at levels 2, 4, 7, 10, 13, 15

I think that works in Mario's favor in the long run. =)

Also, just in case you were wondering about the bonuses I listed for Mario on that skill, he picked up that WP at 2nd level, so it progressed up from there, not from level 1.

Yeah, but are the bonuses listed from the W.P. or an adjustment from the Shop Talk House Rule?

EDIT: Ah! I see there in your sentence. (Sorry, it's been a long day!) =)

That is from the Shop Talk, shifted over one level so I get the bonuses as I progress from level 2. Does that make sense to you?

Yeah. (See edit in last post.) Thanks! =)

Yeah, but are the bonuses listed from the W.P. or an adjustment from the Shop Talk House Rule?

EDIT: Ah! I see there in your sentence. (Sorry, it's been a long day!) =)
No worries. It happens to us all.

I'm adding the forearm weapons each of your Rifleman are equipped with to Technopolis now. =)

Heya Gang! You can expect a familiar face to show up in-game pretty soon (probably tomorrow)! =)

Sherwood Sherwood Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus

O.K., Gang! Here's the scoop - I'm going to have Hercules meet up with the Wild Cards where they are now (just outside Veracruz, Mexico, at Outpost #5 at the entrance to the Chessel Corporation under-highway). Herc is going to have a Rifleman Cyclone complete with a Thundercracker laser cannon in addition to his other equipment. Shirley will still be Missing in Action at this point with Professor Stein still in the Blue World hunting for her. I'm going to fudge the rules a bit and have Hercules included in on Professor Stein's polyphonic nexus (so you're all in communication).

EDIT: So, let's say that the VHT Herc was driving got hit and was lost, he was injured, flown out in the back of one of your veritechs (probably Toph's?), and unconscious until today. Given all that the Wild Cards have been up to, I'll say you guys checked in on him from time to time while Hitomi took over medical care for him (with Reggie at his side all of the time). How's that sound, Gang?

When all is said and done, Elinor, Toph, Mario, Herc, and Cera will be ready to enter the under-highway together to rescue the Broadsword's recovery team trapped in the Chessel Corporation machining facility. =)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back