• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Seven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else going to post or should I continue?

I have a post in the works, should hopefully show up at some point today.

Silanon Silanon Excellent post! Fun to read and thought-provoking!

Ylva may opt to use a Skill here to see if she can get Hercules's jacket stain removed. Which scientific pathway (Science-related Skill) would you like to try?

Looking at my sheet, Chemistry should cover the careful handling of unknown substances better than the other choices - so that's probably the right call. That'd be 90% before any modifiers apply, so the odds are good... luckily, I can always blame the Mackenzie curse if this goes horribly wrong, right?

That's what I should do about Mario's failure to make the cooking roll! lol

Heh heh! I recommend the two of you do all the blaming here in Fat Gandalf's, otherwise you're going to break Shirley's heart. =)

Looking at my sheet, Chemistry should cover the careful handling of unknown substances better than the other choices - so that's probably the right call. That'd be 90% before any modifiers apply, so the odds are good... luckily, I can always blame the Mackenzie curse if this goes horribly wrong, right?

Rolling the yellow percentile dice... and they roll a 70! Well under what Ylva needs even with the slight penalty for using unknown/alien materials. =)

Phew - seems like Herc's jacket will see another day. I expected the worst, with reputation and an eventual call-sign on the line...

Oh, that day will come. Uh, I mean, the dice you chose rolled well today! Yeah, that's it! 8D

Hey guys,

Sorry I've been pretty silent lately. I will try to get some posts up soon, especially in Sharseya where at least one thing is waiting on me.

I'll have a post up soon today. Nothing earth-shaking, just moving the story along a little in a fun way.

Remember, I want you all to tell me when you are next ready for combat - it's all downtime and good times until then! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Tag!
Read in-game first then this, please. =)

I just edited one line I forgot to add here:

"That's an order, Acting Captain," Sharp smiles down upon her. Piper stops shaking. She reaches over, grabs him around his thick waist, and hugs him for all she is worth.

Sherwood, thanks for the Great Scene compliment! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

With Sherwood's most-recent post, I presume Mario is rarin' for action? If true, how is the Sherwood (and the rest of you) feeling about the pacing? Where are you in terms of how much fun you're having and do you like the current downtime?

Also, concerning Piper's last post - was that a bit too deep for some folks or should I just carry on with the scene?

I like the Piper-stuff ^D^

I would personally like to do some Technopathy exploring, preferably guided, so we can really get into some of this neat stuff we can do. Mostly it's been emergency use and "fake it 'til you make it" and I'd like to get more used to knowing what we're doing with it. ^;3^

Plus, the more you use it, the more technopathy points you get to spend between chapters. Have y'all used technopathy this chapter?

Honestly, I do not believe we have taken any time out to do so in this particular segment of the story.

Yeah, and this chapter has been going on since October and I was going to close it soon.

No, no! I was wrong! We have all been using Technopathy all the time! Right guys? <nudge nudge, wink wink>

;D

Now listen carefully! Trying to use technopathy.... on your forks and spoons... to stuff your faces with spaghetti... doesn't count! You silly goofs! 8D

Never use a knife on spaghetti! Any Italian will tell you that! Do you want Mario to lay down the beatings? =)

Hey Gang! Thanks to a migraine, my head's in an odd place, so I'm just going to start talking Broadsword stuff here. I have learned that the more I think about something good, the less I get encumbered by my current state. Sorry if I'm rambling.

This.
Piper stares back with half of a grin. "Sure she does. But think about it. Cryogenic technology like what's onboard here? Hell, it wasn't even implemented on starships when she was likely learning her med skills. So... how is she supposed to know what to do if something goes wrong in the Ice Box? I doubt even you know."

Hitomi nods. "I'll admit; I'd be winging it. My specialty is people, trauma, and what happens when they mix."

I feel I should point out Toph can fight back on this if she wants to. With her training, Tophcan deduce that helping somebody out of a cryogenic state is probably similar to helping somebody in a state of controlled hypothermia.

Plus, she can argue that as a Traverser, she can communicate directly with the machine with good odds of figuring out what a patient needs. This is something that Piper probably doesn't realize as Drake was the only Traverser she ever knew before meeting the Wild Cards.

But yeah, thoughts like this keep my mind off of my head. Thanks for listening to me ramble. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back