• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC chat) - Chapter One

-Sherwood.  Thanks for providing your military perspective.  Your having been there first-hand makes the scene here in our game that much more.  =)

-All.  Also, I just want to say that I'm really enjoying how each of your characters are thinking and reacting!  I can relate with each of your posts.  =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing.  If these opening scenes seem long-in-words, it's only because I've had weeks to create them.  My normal posts are not usually so lengthy.  =)

-Cap'n.  Thank you for adjusting your post! =)

- All.  While doing some Game Master work, I came upon something I felt you guys should know in regards to our earlier "missiles and rockets" chat (way back on page 2 here in Fat Gandalf's).   In Shop Talk, I have renamed "Missiles are not rockets!" to "Missiles and rockets are two different weapon types."  In that section, I have added the following:

"Important Notes: As rockets do not have a guidance system, they cannot be fooled by chaff or flares.  Zentraedi mecha and the like do not use rockets, only missiles."

I recently realized something else about rockets; since they have no guidance system, the "four or more missiles cannot be dodged" rule and the "automatic dodge does not work against missiles" rule both do not apply to rockets.  I'll change up Shop Talk when I have more brain.  =)

Until then, Merry Christmas to all of you!  Here's hoping you're having a grand time with loved ones!

Honor and fun from the both of us,

Dann & Kaerri =)

- All.  I should have something up and posted in-game by tomorrow.  Until then, take care and have fun!  =)

Heya folks!  Please read in-game first then open this spoiler.  

Man, I feel for Herc and Toph right now.

The orders were quite clear.  If you can't follow simple commands, you have to pay the price.

I feel for ya, Psychie!

This is part of what I mean by not getting by just because one is a Player Character.  I've seen it in too many other games; the PCs are the Commander Shepards, the Dragonborns, the Lone Wanderers, the Rick Hunters, etc. and they just cannot lose in the grand scheme of things.  They always make the grade because the Game Master said so.  Not that any of you have even hinted at wanting this kind of childish desire.  

I like my games because it's possible to fail.  Just like in Real Life.  Hell, I think I've personally learned more from my mistakes than my victories.  Now I think Toph and Herc might learn something too - and in the learning, grow.  =)

I'm feeling for them too :/   Interested to see where the game goes next!

Yup!  I'm guessing that Kaerri will end up being our new CO for our squad, unless they plan on promoting Mario up big time.  It will be interesting to see what kind of interaction will now happen with Herc and Toph.

You are the only officer left in the mix of player characters.  It only seems reasonable...

It does, but somehow I hadn't made that correlation.  Hmm... *starts plotting her reign*

EVERYONE RUN FOR THE HILLS!  SHE HAS GONE MAD WITH POWER!

Or, perhaps not.  ^_^

What makes you think she wasn't just a little bit crazy prior to this change?  Muahaha!  =)

-Sherwood.  If you think I'd marry a normal person... well, you know me better than that.  =)

@Psychie @Captain Hesperus May I request an in-game post from both of your characters as they walk down toward the end of the runway, please?  I'd like to know what they're feeling and thinking.

My thanks to the both of you...

...and Happy New Year to everyone!  Woo!  =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back