• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

Fon nodded and started writing something on a piece of paper. “Indeed an interesting response. You almost don’t seem like the trembling flower I saw the other day. Tell me, what do you think would become of you if Bart were to die? Could you still fight through that grief?”
His questions were starting to probe deeper into her subconscious. This man was an expert at reading people.

She froze up for a moment. She hadn't thought about this before. "I-I don't know how else I would be able to cope... I've fought through pain my entire life"

Fon smirked and kept writing.
“Ah, but you’ve never lost someone like him. I saw it in your body language. Your lovers spat last night only further exemplifies it. Love is cheap in this business. It’s no place for someone like you.”
He paused for a moment, then shrugged. “But I’m just a cynic, so who knows? I’ll keep you two apart for now and see how you shape up as a femme fatale.” He smiled at her, looking for her reaction.

She didn't give him the reaction he seemed to want. Instead, she just crossed her arms over her chest and raised an eyebrow. "Doubt me?"

Fon chuckled at her tough girl act. Just the mention of her lover dying sent shock into her.
“I doubt everyone who enters my organization, which is why I’m doing my own books today. I fired my bookkeeper and the new one doesn’t know where to find anything. I look forward to hearing the news about Felix tomorrow morning. Now, If that’ll be all?” He sort of shooed them away with his manicured hand.

She shrugged and slid out of her seat and started to leave, waiting for Bart.

Bart stood up and started to leave with her. Fon lifted his head and watched them go. Bart held Elide’s hand and smiled at her.

Once they got outside, Bart let out a big sigh. “Well, that went better than expected. He must like you, or really not like me. What’s your opinion of Fon?”

"I hope he trips and a sword goes through his face." She laughed quietly, "I don't like him that much"

Bart chuckled. “He’s tough, but he has to be. You saw the type of guys working for him. Are you nervous?” He was going to be supportive through this whole thing, even if he wasn’t allowed to be at the party with her.

"A little" She admitted. "I didn't think my first job would be a flat out assassination." She chuckled quietly. "I just don't want to let anyone down." She sighed

Bart chuckled. “Of course! It comes with the territory. Killing with an eye is effective, but dangerous to your health. This way, only the target has to worry.”

“Hey, have you heard from Leona?” Bart asked.

They turned left and headed down the street. On the way there, Elide caught some looks from men. The especially dirty and suspicious looking types were interested in her.

“Be calm. The guards watch this district. Let them watch stupidity in action.”

A voice spoke in Eli’s head. It wasn’t ominous like the cursed sword. It sounded gentle and familiar.

She froze at the voice. It had been a long time she had heard any voices. Had she completely lost it or was something else in her mind?

Surely enough, some bad hombres closed a circle around her and Bart. They cackled with knives and clubs up their sleeves. Bart had nothing but a satchel of goods.

She grabbed onto Bart's wrist. "Wait" She whispered quietly. "If things go south I'll take care of it, but I think we just need to wait."

Soon enough, a frightful old woman hollered from the windowsill. This alerted the guards who looked over and suddenly sprinted into the street.

“Move now, down the alley.” the voice gently pushed. Eli saw a dark crevice alley where her and Bart could slip into.

She grabbed Bart's wrist and pulled him towards the alley. She pushed him in before sliding in after him.

Normally Bart would start running, but decided to go along and move down the alley, past a rusty iron fence, and then they emerged in a front yard of a large family home. A sign in the window said “Careful: My grandchildren love me!”

“Come upstairs for tea, deary. I’ll tell your fortune if you like, free of charge!”

The voice was inviting her towards the door.At least, that’s where her senses detected the source of the voice.

She gulped and walked towards the house. Elide pushed open the door and cautiously went up the stairs.

She thought it was that simple. The door opened, but several children were standing in the way.
“Hey! This is Coolguy squad. Nobody’s allowed in!” One boy said.
“Beat it, losers!” Another boy shouted. A third threw popcorn at Eli.

Standing in the living room was a teenager holding a club.

"One of you little asshats spoke to me and I'm going to find out who." Elide hissed, squaring up to the small children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back