• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

Bart’s frown turned into a scowl. “I wanted you to be a sponge, and soak up valuable information. I’m out here trying to get you into the fold and you’re shaking your ass like a bitch in heat. They don’t respect that in here.”

"Well I'm sorry. Is that what you want? I could've done much worse. Be thankful my ass is still faithful or else I'd be partying the night off." She hissed, her eyes narrowing. Her hands were on her hips now, and she was not pleased.

Bart threw his hands up. He couldn’t believe what she was saying. “Well hell, don’t let me get in the way of your party life. Go on ahead and enjoy yourself. Maybe when Havi is done banging whores he’ll come looking for you again.” He stormed through the crowded bar and walked out.

She muttered a few curses underneath her breath before pushing through the crowd. All she wanted to do now was get home. Elide suddenly felt a lot more sober in those few moments as she shoved her way past people, realizing the things she had said.

She found it was a lot tougher for her to leave the bar. The scum wanted her to stay. She felt hands caressing her body as she worked through them. Eventually she reached the door and stepped outside.

Bart was still walking off through the alley. Water was pouring out of the storm gutters nearby.

She rubbed the back of her neck as she walked back home, the darkness of the night hung over her like a bad omen. Elide felt the beast tug at her, asking her to release it, to let it destroy what had made her feel this way. She pushed it down and forced herself into the house. Once she closed the door she burst into tears, falling to her knees in the small kitchen.

Bart didn’t go home. He took a walk down the block, looking back to make sure Elide got home alright. He was still angry with her, but he cared. He stayed out late talking to the random city guard who was stuck on night shift. He returned home before sunrise and slept on the couch until Elide woke up.

Elide had slept alone on her side of the bed and let herself sleep in. She was hungover, guilty, and upset. Elide ducked her head under the covers, hiding from the sunlight. She wasn't ready to even try to start the day.

(honestly she's a mood though)

Bart woke up halfway through the day, and wondered why she wasn’t up. He remembered the fight they had last night. It must’ve been the first time they yelled at each other. He thought back a couple months. It was definitely their first real fight.

“Elide...” Bart said from the living room. He got up and went into the bedroom where she was hiding.
“Baby, do you want to talk?” He asked. He hated this bad feeling between them, and wanted to get past it.

"Yes" She started to cry again as a sad little blob beneath the soft sheets.

Bart climbed into bed and put his arm around her.
“Listen, I’m sorry I yelled at you. I guess... I got jealous. I love to watch you dance, but the way those guys looked at you made me feel bad.”

"I shouldn't have done that... I'm sorry... I got drunk and I can't handle alcohol very well and I lost it," She sobbed, embracing him in return.

Bart stroked her hair. He hated to hear her cry. “You didn’t lose anything. You’re a dancer, it’s your thing. I’d never ask you to stop dancing. Fon thought it was interesting, actually.”

"I'm sorry I yelled at you and called you a bitch behind your back," She sniffed,

Bart furrowed his brow for a moment. He probably didn’t have to know she said that. He decided to laugh it off and hug her tighter.
“It’s alright, I forgive you.” He held her as long as she needed.

She sighed and melted into his arms, "Can we not fight again?" She asked quietly

Bart stroked her head and kissed her. “Sure baby, sure. I couldn’t sleep last night knowing you were mad at me.”

She kissed him back. "I'm gonna stay away from whatever they were drinking," She laughed softly

Bart laughed. “Yes, I stay away from elven spirits for much of the same reason.” The two cuddled in bed for awhile before deciding it was time to get on with things. They returned to Fon’s hideout because he had a special offer for Elide.

“I want you to dance at a special event tonight.” Fon spoke while sitting at his favorite booth. “The Merchant’s Guild is hosting a fundraiser, and my sworn enemy Felix Halfstrider will be there. I want him dead. Are you up to the task?” He was speaking directly to Elide, as if Bart wasn’t supposed to answer.

"Shouldn't be a problem." She answered, taking a quick glance at Bart for approval

Bart smirked at her, then looked to Fon. “Do you need me on this one?”

Fon shook his head. “No. You’ve been seen with me, so you two together will raise suspicions. Here, girl. Take this with you.”

He handed her a small paper tube with a hard cap on one end.
“Be careful not to touch the powder inside, it’s very toxic. My assassins are known for using knives and acid. They will not suspect my involvement if you use this to kill Felix.”

Elide held the small tube and gave him a small nod. "Sounds easy enough" She laughed

Fon ran a finger through his long ear to the tip.
“She seems ready.” He looked at Bart, then back to her.
“Have you ever murdered a man in cold blood?”

She sighed and nodded. It wasn't something she was proud of doing... But considering the situation it had been necessary.

Fon nodded, and analyzed her expression.
“Does the death still linger with you?” He asked. He had asked Bart very similar questions when he started working for Fon.

((Post number 600! Incredible))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back