• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy Prison Break RP [Official name TBA]

KasperXIII

Sworn To A Great Divide
Soooo if you clicked beyond the first link, you're clearly curious as for the details of a 'fantasy prison break'. Well, allow me to further explain as simply and as openly what this RP will potentially be:
  • The main plotline will be an escape from a fictional prison in a fantasy-inspired world in which the inmates have all committed some sort of crime (which each RPer will be able to pick for their own character) and have been incarcerated for such crimes. That much was kinda obvious, right? But the RP will not be solely focused on this main plotline. Separate ones within the prison walls are more than welcome, and there will DEFINITELY be a follow-up plot after the actual escape is complete.
  • After serious thought, this prison will be a co-ed institution, so male/female/other genders are all welcome.
  • The extent of the powers/abilities each character can possess? I'm not gonna be too picky; they can control fire, read minds, transform into different creatures/beings, but PELASE limit it to one particular spectrum of power per character, and no god-mod/powergame abilities. (no invincibility, no unbreakable skin, power is to be kept within reason, otherwise, they wouldn't exactly feel like 'prisoners')
  • You can be a prisoner or a prison guard (who can also have powers) in this RP (so long as prisoners act like prisoners, guards act like guards), or both (doubling or more is totally A-OK). I will say, if you would like to double or more, be sure to give all of your characters equal attention/progression, and not just have 10+ characters just there pointlessly. The role of the warden will be reserved for myself, though, as I already have a character in mind for that.
  • Details of the prison's mapping, security measures, and appearances, as well as the geographic region of the prison will go up with the thread itself, as the details are actively being discussed with my co-GM (like, literally as I'm typing this interest check, but not to worry! We'll have all this sorted out by tomorrow, maximum). It will be a very open environment, so all different species/types of beings can feel welcome.
  • The nature of this RP in terms of the level of detail will be simple/casual, but please keep it 'literate' (i.e., no textlish, try your best to avoid spelling/grammar mistakes; no one's perfect, even I mess up a ton without realizing, but make sure it's not unreadable, etc...)
  • PLEASE don't say "Yes! I'm totally in!", create a character, post a few times, then just vanish. Especially don't vanish if your character ends up significant to plot advancement. If you do have to be away for whatever reason, do tell me privately or say it in the OOC chat just so everyone can know for reference. If you do lose interest and want to drop, please say so. All that's being asked is a small degree of commitment and active posting (at least a few times a week unless circumstances don't permit). I hate to lay down the law THAT hard, but I have had experience with people dropping without a word and it affecting the progression of an RP. Not pleasant.
  • Romance is all good here between any characters in the RP (part of the reason why it's a co-ed facility), but usual fade-to-black standards do apply. Also keep romances realistic and not the only reason you're in this for.
  • RPN's general guidelines apply here, I'm DEFINITELY no exception as a GM.
  • Before I forget... my co-GM is firebright24 firebright24 so she has the same sort of moderating authority as me when it comes to abiding by the standards of this RP.
  • Please don't be afraid to talk to me or my co-GM if you have any questions, concerns, private ideas, or just feel lonely and want someone to talk to. We don't bite!

Here's hoping we can get some burning interest here! We are looking for at least 4 people before we start, but we definitely won't say no to more. Further details will be coming very soon, so hang in there to hear more. Soooo let's hear it, folks.

[Also, this is NOT going to be related to the 2005 TV show "Prison Break" - although I am a fan of the show itself, this will not be in any way like it, except for the fact that a prison escape will go down.]

UPDATE: Link to the character sheet thread: Thesta Penitentiary for the Wicked [CHARACTERS]

Last edited:
Question. If the character is very powerful but has her powerd limited by prison personel through some seemingly impossible to avoid equipment or spell, would that be alright? Not like totally op, but still pretty pretty powerful.

That's fine by me, in theory. It sort of depends on what sort of ability you have in mind, and the extent of "very powerful."

There will also be power-dampening measures within parts of the prison, so the equipment/spell part will be covered.

That's fine by me, in theory. It sort of depends on what sort of ability you have in mind, and the extent of "very powerful."

There will also be power-dampening measures within parts of the prison, so the equipment/spell part will be covered.
Well its basically a transformation into a second form with powers around corruption.

I'd be interested in this. I've got a character who's quite powerful, but with a couple weaknesses the guards can exploit. Something magic or humility empowered would put him down rather quickly. And perhaps something to keep his adrenaline down for soon to be explained reasons. Should be fun though!

Soooo if you clicked beyond the first link, you're clearly curious as for the details of a 'fantasy prison break'. Well, allow me to further explain as simply and as openly what this RP will potentially be:
  • The main plotline will be an escape from a fictional prison in a fantasy-inspired world in which the inmates have all committed some sort of crime (which each RPer will be able to pick for their own character) and have been incarcerated for such crimes. That much was kinda obvious, right? But the RP will not be solely focused on this main plotline. Separate ones within the prison walls are more than welcome, and there will DEFINITELY be a follow-up plot after the actual escape is complete.
  • After serious thought, this prison will be a co-ed institution, so male/female/other genders are all welcome.
  • The extent of the powers/abilities each character can possess? I'm not gonna be too picky; they can control fire, read minds, transform into different creatures/beings, but PELASE limit it to one particular spectrum of power per character, and no god-mod/powergame abilities. (no invincibility, no unbreakable skin, power is to be kept within reason, otherwise, they wouldn't exactly feel like 'prisoners')
  • You can be a prisoner or a prison guard (who can also have powers) in this RP (so long as prisoners act like prisoners, guards act like guards), or both (doubling or more is totally A-OK). I will say, if you would like to double or more, be sure to give all of your characters equal attention/progression, and not just have 10+ characters just there pointlessly. The role of the warden will be reserved for myself, though, as I already have a character in mind for that.
  • Details of the prison's mapping, security measures, and appearances, as well as the geographic region of the prison will go up with the thread itself, as the details are actively being discussed with my co-GM (like, literally as I'm typing this interest check, but not to worry! We'll have all this sorted out by tomorrow, maximum). It will be a very open environment, so all different species/types of beings can feel welcome.
  • The nature of this RP in terms of the level of detail will be simple/casual, but please keep it 'literate' (i.e., no textlish, try your best to avoid spelling/grammar mistakes; no one's perfect, even I mess up a ton without realizing, but make sure it's not unreadable, etc...)
  • PLEASE don't say "Yes! I'm totally in!", create a character, post a few times, then just vanish. Especially don't vanish if your character ends up significant to plot advancement. If you do have to be away for whatever reason, do tell me privately or say it in the OOC chat just so everyone can know for reference. If you do lose interest and want to drop, please say so. All that's being asked is a small degree of commitment and active posting (at least a few times a week unless circumstances don't permit). I hate to lay down the law THAT hard, but I have had experience with people dropping without a word and it affecting the progression of an RP. Not pleasant.
  • Romance is all good here between any characters in the RP (part of the reason why it's a co-ed facility), but usual fade-to-black standards do apply. Also keep romances realistic and not the only reason you're in this for.
  • RPN's general guidelines apply here, I'm DEFINITELY no exception as a GM.
  • Before I forget... my co-GM is firebright24 firebright24 so she has the same sort of moderating authority as me when it comes to abiding by the standards of this RP.
  • Please don't be afraid to talk to me or my co-GM if you have any questions, concerns, private ideas, or just feel lonely and want someone to talk to. We don't bite!
Here's hoping we can get some burning interest here! We are looking for at least 4 people before we start, but we definitely won't say no to more. Further details will be coming very soon, so hang in there to hear more. Soooo let's hear it, folks.

[Also, this is NOT going to be related to the 2005 TV show "Prison Break" - although I am a fan of the show itself, this will not be in any way like it, except for the fact that a prison escape will go down.]
im totes in

I’d be up for this, I’m thinking a fire mage type character whose chained up in water To suppress his ability to be a pyromaniac aha

MsPolite MsPolite

Urban fantasy describes it well (forgot to mention that in the updated points in the link, whoops).
You don't necessarily have to be human/humanoid as a prisoner, so long as you're not invincible/immortal or absurdly large and uncontainable in a prison cell.
And yes, this is basically an alternate earth. I won't dictate the exact geography and boundaries of territories, etc... for this earth, simply so you guys have the freedom to decide where your character is from/what did they do to be imprisoned; the only fixed location will be Thesta, the urban, island region in which the prison is located.

MsPolite MsPolite

Urban fantasy describes it well (forgot to mention that in the updated points in the link, whoops).
You don't necessarily have to be human/humanoid as a prisoner, so long as you're not invincible/immortal or absurdly large and uncontainable in a prison cell.
And yes, this is basically an alternate earth. I won't dictate the exact geography and boundaries of territories, etc... for this earth, simply so you guys have the freedom to decide where your character is from/what did they do to be imprisoned; the only fixed location will be Thesta, the urban, island region in which the prison is located.
how u watched bright on netflix btw? and soi can be a orc or elve or whatever then? cool

sorry for bothering you again lol, but i have another question. How dark/serious is the rp and are there any limits on crime we can put for the prison characters?

No worries; I don't think there's anything that's really 'too much' for a crime, especially under the circumstances of the RP as is.
As for how 'dark' this'll be, some backstories can be pretty dark, so I could say, as a result, the story has potential to be dark. Yes.

sorry for bothering you again lol, but i have another question. How dark/serious is the rp and are there any limits on crime we can put for the prison characters?
Well mine has slain a few hundred thousand people and proposes a thread to humanity itself, the limit is pretty high if there is one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back