• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fantasy on steroids, anyone?

Llamadragon

For a while now I have been craving a good, old fashioned 'Metal Fantasy' kind of roleplay, or at least a satire of the genre. You know the stuff - Rolan the Barbarian, Brutal Legend, He-Man... something really stereotypical, filled with barbarians, huge swords, overkill violence and chicks who somehow manage to make chainmail bikinis work out for them. Basically, I want to put the Epic back in Epic Fantasy! Looking for people who are into casual/advanced.

This is my main idea atm, but I am open for discussions as long as the setting and style remains somewhat the same:

You, a perfectly normal, civilized human being from Earth, find yourself stranded in a mysterious and violent realm together with a few similarly-fated strangers. Dragons plague the skies afire, demons the deep crevices of the underworld... You soon learn from the locals that your coming has been prophesied, and you are expected to, somehow, bring down and kill the Hell Dragon, who plunged the world into chaos and violence over a thousand years ago. To a bunch of civilized kids who probably never even touched an axe before, this seem like an impossible and even bizarre task... but it might be your only way home. You must learn to utilize your knowledge, your skills, and your newly acquired powers and totally ineffective armor, in order to defeat the monster Overlord that entire armies have failed to slay... In short? You must learn to kick some god forsaken ass.

Great! Welcome aboard everyone!

[QUOTE="Silent Karasu]Brutal Legend is my favorite game of all time, mind if I join?

[/QUOTE]
Same here. I will probably pull a lot of inspiration from that game, so I hope you'll get to enjoy the campaign.

This sounds sort of like Warhammer, atleast in the rediculousness, and the shitloads of violence. COUNT ME IN KIDDOS. *Dropkicks Logic out of the window*

When will the thread be up? Or are you just looking for more interest? Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing you...

AikoMomone said:
When will the thread be up? Or are you just looking for more interest? Sorry if it seems like I'm rushing you...
I am working on the final strings of planning right now, but I should be done pretty soon! Expect the thread to be up by today or tomorrow :)

Actually, I am afraid I will have to push this up for a while. I still want to run it, but school will be keeping me busier than I anticipated, and I am not sure I will be able to spend enough time online to be a reliable GM. I'll check back to this in a few weeks time and see if people are still interested. Sorry folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back