• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fantasy A Kingdom's Overhaul (Isekai)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The Ocesolan Empire, a name feared in the past far and wide for their military might and overwhelming presence in many parts of the known world. The Empire was formed many centuries ago when an unknown young man wrestled the throne from a tyrant king. Though the name of this hero now lay in obscurity to the annals of time his legacy stands to this very day, even if the foundation which should hold it up now is weak and fleeting. While many speculate where this young man came from his impact changed the known world in spades, even letting the once discriminated beast folk join the Empire as equals which was a rather heated debate for many years. Regardless though his actions created an Empire that would survive for time immemorial the foundation is now crumbling and is in need of a drastic solution.

Eledrea Feletrail, a young woman who has had her own fair share of troubles in life. Though now a member of the Unified Mages Guild-who is more of a force than the actual King himself-she use to be but a simple peasant, nothing more than someone you'd pass by on their way to the fields. Though at a young age she discovered that she had an affinity for fire, which sort of accidentally burned half of the families fields. After the family was compensated she was swiftly taken under a mages wing as an apprentice, though that didn't last too terribly long as she wasn't comfortable with the restraining nature that mages practice. Considering that she studied and studied for many years and eventually entered the Unified Mages Guild at a rather young age...her only being 16 at the time.

As the youngest certified mage in the Guild many known her name and also the magic she employs. The 'White Flame' being the name many call her in passing, mostly due to her choice of mainly while clothing. Regardless of her age and her curious temperament she holds responsibility in the Guild and a solid amount of power as well, which explains why she is now present in this rather auspicious setting.

The hall dimmed and lit with sporadic illumination spells over head, people all gathered in the center of a suspicious looking glyph, and among them a single young woman in a rather revealing outfit. Her ears twitch slightly as an elderly man starts to chant in a surprisingly ancient tongue, the room growing cold as the seconds trickle along. In time a brilliant bright light started to emanate from the center of the glyph, it slowly creeping out as the elderly man continued to chant.

Fionn Midriver

The scene was a wonderful display of magics, in truth were he a magician, or somebody who cared in the slightest about these types of things, he would be more interested in the whole ordeal. Fionn Midriver however, was not a studious nor magically inclined man. What little magecraft he knew about was how one might enhance weaponry, but even then he wasn't about to strive to learn anything about it beyond the effects of it being used in his hands.

In truth, situations like these kinda... Freaked him out... When the guild contacted him and asked him to play guardian over this ritual he was immediately distrustful of it. Firstly, he never truely liked the guild even if they were a good source of jobs... and that they actually had good paying work. Secondly, these darkened chambers with these magical lights and people standing around chanting with old ass dudes and women who apparently don't know exactly what the terms "Publicly Acceptable Attire" mean, kinda freaked him out.

Like, hell, were they summoning a demon or something?

Should he have read that job file more?

Maybe he should go on break...

Wait did he even get breaks?

Shit man, think before you accept possibly dangerous and freaky jobs!

Sure the pay is good and sure the girl who was offering you the job may, MAY be cute as a button and had a rather well made figure but it didn't mean you should simply accept the job without issue. He rummaged around in his pockets, trying to find the papers again as the tired looking old halberd lay leaning on his shoulder, scraping the wall very slightly in a barely noticeable line. He was positioned by the entrance, looking about as unprofessional as a self proclaimed freelancer adventurer would look, he sighed however, once he realized he had forgotten his copy back at the room at the INN.

Man... maybe those papers had what they were summoning in it, just why in hell did he have to get drunk last night?

"Hmmph... Hopefully this goes quick and easy..." Fionn sighed, cracking his neck as he eyed the scantily clad woman's derriere from afar.

Alteras Alteras

[div class=ValFlex] [div class=ValImage] [div class=ValTitle]Vallen Aindel[/div] [div class=ValMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:
Orikanyo Orikanyo
Damafaud Damafaud (your turn) [/div][/div] [div class=ValContent]"At least be discreet when you're looking for your soulmate," Vallen said as he placed himself before Fionn's line of sight. He had just walked into the hall after having a quick talk with the adventurers patrolling outside the building. His job has been busy as of late, coordinating with the Mage Guild and the Crown in this summoning. Royal guards would usually oversee such a momentous event, but circumstances have left the job in the hands of the Adventurer's Guild.

Back to the matter at hand, Vallen was barely able to arrive on time to witness the beginning when he spotted Fionn Midriver. Looks like Jenny will be getting an extra bonus this month for getting the lazybum out of his chair.

"They're supposedly summoning heroes," he said as he positioned himself along the wall. Vallen judged that Fionn has already forgotten what they were doing from his expression alone. "Don't worry, the Guild will be summoning refreshments as well." He jokingly said as the chanting started to pick up.

"Oh, looks like something's happening." [/div][/div] [class=ValFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=ValImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/minkook-han-1-222-png.38583/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 150%, cover; background-position: 50% 3%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=ValTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=ValMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=ValMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=ValContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; [/class]

Last edited:
Janis Beahan
How did studying soil samples lead her here? Janis looked around her. She was in a rather foreign and exquisite-looking hall sitting side saddle on the cold floor. Around her was a ring of weirdly outfitted people, and they were all staring at her. Was she drugged and placed here? What were they going to do to her? Fear crept into her mind and she reflexively pulled her legs in close. "Um... do I know you all? Are we still in Pennsylvania?'

This was too weird for her. Janis had wished for a little change in her life, as all young women do, but not this much. The ground and cool air around her was starting to make her shiver, as her baggy sweater and ripped skinny jeans hadn't prepared her for such a temperature. She had just been in her dorm, studying for the next exam, and suddenly... she was here.

Something else was strange, too. As Janis pressed a hand into the ground to support her body's weight, she felt as if the ground was speaking back to her. It told her of a new land that she had traveled to, revealing to her its rich topographic features she could not recognize. Janis kept glancing around at the people around her, but her eyes stopped on a woman in white. She didn't seem to mind the cold temperature of the room, as her outfit barely concealed any skin. But her ears looked like cat ears, and she had a tail. Janis was definitely not in a comfortable situation, but that was certainly a curious feature and she had to ask. "Are those ears real?"

welian welian

Last edited:
“That’s it, I’M DONE! I QUIT! FUC—F… Ffffffffuuuuuu…”

Gregory stared blankly at the small group of people who were suddenly not a gaggle of horrified customers, at a weird girl in a cosplay who definitely was not his bitch manager, and at his hand which was no longer holding the small trash can that had been milliseconds away from being emptied on said bitch manager’s head.

God, it smelled like the perfume counter. Something in the air was sickly sweet, and Greg couldn’t help but to cover his nose and mouth with his jacket while he spun around, taking in the room, scowling deeply. The shabby ginger on the floor…

“One,” Greg snapped, “Of course they aren’t real, are you an idiot? She’s obviously in a costume. Two, we’re clearly at a convention because your cheap perfume doesn’t replace bathing! The hell did you do, murder an Avon lady?”

Mediocritys Muse Mediocritys Muse

Orikanyo Orikanyo
The summoning had oddly enough brought two people, one male and one female. Eledrea at that moment wondered what the two of them would be like, her having only thought one would be summoned but instead two seemed to have answered the call. Quite frankly though she knew that the elder would first speak to them, her knowing that they do indeed like to prattle on about obligation and tradition. Though something odd occurred, the both of them abruptly seemed to have singled her out for one reason or another. The reasons being quite off and one seemingly revolving around her personal hygiene.

The first response was a question directed at her, it perhaps becasue she was the only one in the room with her trademark ears. Eledrea responded with a nod of her head and an inquisitive expression, "Of course they're real. Who would bother making fake ears?" With that said she walked over and bent down, her saying with a grin as he did so to the summoned woman, "You can touch them if you want."

Though as she did all of this she responded to the others remark, her looking over at him as she did so, "Idiots call others idiots. Also I use my flame to clean my body, I have no need for perfumes." After she said all of that she looked back at Vallen and Fionn, her saying as she stayed in her leaned over position for the young woman, "You two can take the one with a busted nose. I'll show the young lady around."

Last edited:
Fionn

From his position, he would wonder where it would be better to be, the front of that catty temptress or the back where he was. By the sway of those hips, he'll take the eyefull while he can. "To be discrete is to admit I have shame, theres no shame in me looking, people look at jewelry in the markets but nobody blames them for it.

...Also seems we got work, I think that food is gonna have to wait." Fionn sighed and he stepped forward and looked down at the guy who was cussing up a storm.

"Yo, name's Fionn, I know this is some crazy ass shit your wrapped up in but I assure you this ain't no joke." the man stood slouching, looking about as knowledgeable about the whole thing as a guy who walked in on a rocket science class and was told to start teaching. "SO... Uh..." he glanced towards Vallen with a turn of an shoulder motioning for him to come forwards.

"Welcome to a new world man, new life and all that jazz..." he picked up a piece of paper and started mumbling something about a script. "Seriously man who even talks like this...?" he mumbled before speaking up. "I am sure you got a literal ton of questions, but hold them until we are out of the summoning room... IF for any reason the damn incense is killing my nose..."

Come on Vallen, hurry up so we can get outta here and hand off this poor sod to somebody who knows what the hell they're doing.

Alteras Alteras

[div class=ValFlex] [div class=ValImage] [div class=ValTitle]Vallen Aindel[/div] [div class=ValMentions] Character Sheet

Interactions:

Edric Yuma Edric Yuma (next turn) [/div][/div] [div class=ValContent]Vallen came forward after Fionn motioned toward him. He composed himself and gave the most formal look he could. In all honesty, he wasn't too pleased with the hero that was handed to them. The man reminded him of those adventurers who were... let's say... more confrontational than most. Nonetheless, he'll assume that the man was summoned at an inopportune time.

"Vallen Aindel, at your service." Vallen said with a short bow. "I'm sure there's much you want to ask and say, but please follow us." He motioned out of the room and into the hallway that was patrolled by fellow adventurers.

"The king has provided us with a room to discuss for the time being. Unfortunately, it's on the other side of the building. Well, that'll give us some time for you to collect your thoughts and ask some questions. Oh, and before you ask if mine are real, yes, yes they are, and no, I'm not too fond of other men touching them." He said jokingly. [/div][/div] [class=ValFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=ValImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/minkook-han-1-222-png.38583/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 150%, cover; background-position: 50% 3%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=ValTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=ValMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=ValMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=ValContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; [/class]

Janis Beahan
"Oh wow...." Janis gave a small giggle of wonder as she rubbed the ears on the woman's head. "That's so cool!" She suddenly felt less alone in the room. She could at least count on one person to be friendly. The man who seemed to also be the object of people's attention, however... not so much. The first thing he did was call her an idiot, causing her blush slightly in embarrassment. He was right, of course. Who asked about ears upon first meeting? But his attitude was not something to be taken sitting down.

So she stood up, opened her mouth, and closed it. He was being very rude to everyone, but she wasn't used to someone insulting her upon first meeting... his abrupt rudeness she found incredibly off putting and could not think of a clever response back. Instead, she decided to focus on the woman in white who had shown her hospitality. "Ah, where are my manners? My name is Janis Beahan." She gave her a bright smile. "You said you used fire? Are we in some kind of magical land?"

Upon the woman mentioning that she would show Janis around, Janis readily agreed. She would be glad to get away from the penetrating eyes of the people around her.

welian welian

So, a recap – Greg was surrounded by insane people drenched in perfume so thick, that he could almost see little glowing stench auras coming off them, like a cartoon. And now they were introducing themselves, as if he wanted to know who they were!

“… Absolutely not!” He stomped his foot down. “Who, in their right mind, would follow you people?! I don’t know you! And no, your names don’t count – do you really you can just – just – “
Gregory groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose and tapping his foot impatiently while, for the first time since his shift started, he tried to collect himself. There was a lot of pent up rage though, obvious in his clenched fist and vein bulging in his forehead.

“… Never mind.”

Greg’s eyes glazed over, as he emotionlessly followed the rest of the group. There was only one plausible explanation…. Loss prevention training.

“Welcome to Wal-mart, my name is Greg, how can I help you today?”

Fucking hell, of course Michael would wear a wig and parade around shirtless and pretend his name was Fionn. And this Vallen guy didn’t look entirely unlike the regional manager, so clearly, this was just some elaborate re-training prank. Somehow, he must have lost his memory after going postal on Cherise. That was the only explanation, because the only other alternative was that this was all real. And if it were real, then… maybe he’d get a magical girlfriend after all.

He was on to their little scheme....

Mediocritys Muse Mediocritys Muse

"Eledrea Feletrail," she simply says in response and then straightens back up from her bent over position, her adding as she did so, "Though those close to me just call me Drea so call me that if you like." In all honesty though most that were around her were the overly serious guild people, so there wasn't that many that actually called her Drea. With that in mind it seemed that at least one of the summoned people were an agreeable sort, upon first impressions at least. Regardless she motioned for the young woman to follow along and spoke as she lead her down the opposite hallway that the three of them took, "You're currently in the capitol of The Ocesolan Empire, due to stagnation we felt the need to summon heroes to get the Empire back on track."

Though it was a short and sweet explanation she continued with a light nod of her head, continuing to lead Janis through the corridors, "The king and his advisers are ill-equipped to lead this Empire back from the brink so the guilds decided to bring someone un-affiliated with the Empire to assist." With that said she paused for a bit and then added glancing back over her shoulder to Janis, "So basically you're the hero of this Empire and you get to fix the king's mess." Such a realization would surely be a hell of a weight to drop down on anyone so Eledrea added with a nod of her head as she turned and placed a hand on Janis's shoulder, "You'll have the help of the guilds so be at ease. It won't be just you and the rude one doing it all by yourselves."

Talking with the young woman she had stopped in front of study, it being one that was previously used for dignitaries of the past. A light smile came over her lips and then she opened the door with her free hand, "We can talk more freely in here if you have questions."
Orikanyo Orikanyo

"...Yea know I always wondered about the ear thing Vallen, is it true about em being... Yea know... "tender" I knew one lady, wont say names, but she certainly was weak to them being touched thats for sure." Fionn turned his attention back to the now... Uhh... Hell this dude looked like he was under some enchantment or something. Not that Fionn knew anything about that stuff but still... it's like he sorta shut off the world and went back to his training...

He remember seeing this type of thing with some of the veterans, glazed over expressions, not being totally there... Yea this dude had been through some shit thats for certain, and at such a young age!?

just what kind of world did these heroes come from... What kind of turmoil did they have to deal with to become heroes...?

He should regard the man with higher respect henceforth, surely he had some wars under his belt as a hero right?

... Or maybe he was just freaking out from all this shit?

If he was taken from his home or wherever and thrust into this room in a new world, Fionn would be pretty god damn freaked out to! (Though it may be noteable he likely would end up in a modeling career and addicted to the Smartphone.)

"Come on man, lets get you to that room or.. Wherever the hell we're supposed to bring you, seriously, wish they gave us more instruction on this shit. Deal with him? By the gods it's like they purposely made this as vague as possible to make us... Ah..." he eyed Greg for a second... "...Vallen lets get this guy going." he grabbed Greg's sides and hoisted him over his shoulder like a wet sack of potatoes.

"Start the intro or whatever, your more of a talker man."

Alteras Alteras

Interactions:

Edric Yuma Edric Yuma (next turn) [/div][/div] [div class=ValContent]"Haha! For some of us, they're like that. And you know how the higher ups always are, Fionn. Make it as vague as possible so everyone and no one gets in trouble. Well, let's continue, but first!" Vallen waved his hand in a lackadaisical manner towards the windows in the hallway. "If you may..." he said, along with a mumble under his breath, to no one in particular. The windows opened up to the fresh air and a light breeze passed through, clearing the stench of their persons.

"Well, welcome to the once great Ocesolan Empire. You stand, or rather being carried, in the capital of a former powerhouse. However, due to mismanagement and poor governance, the empire is... dying. As such the guilds of the empire decided to perform the hero summoning. Simply put, we thought the empire needed a fresh set of eyes to handle the task of managing this nation. And the ones to do it are you and that girl earlier, the heroes."

At that point, they had reached their room. Vallen waved his hand once more, and opened the doors with some magic. Inside was a cleanly furnished parlor room clearly meant to receive honored guests. Two elegant and plush sofas, an ornate oak low table, a large window with a view of the gardens, and a single maid with her trolley of tea and sweets.

"Please, have a seat. I'm sure there's much you want to ask and say." [/div][/div] [class=ValFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=ValImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/minkook-han-1-222-png.38583/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 150%, cover; background-position: 50% 3%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=ValTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=ValMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=ValMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=ValContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; [/class]

Janis Beahan
"Okay, um, Drea, so I'm in a whole new world that uses magic? And I've been summoned to help out a kingdom in disarray?" Janis wasn't sure what to think. Obviously, Drea wasn't joking, but this was quite a lot to take in for her. "Well... I can't guarantee that my expertise will be of any use, but before being summoned here, I was studying fertilization of soil and the plants that work with it."

With a small thanks to Drea, Janis stepped into the Study room, lost in thought. The savior of a kingdom? She felt like her grades needed a savior, first. What could she even do besides provide her knowledge?

As if on cue, Janis rested a hand on the wall, absorbing the features of the room. The cool wall hummed back in response to her skin's contact, reminding her of that strange sensation she had gotten upon arrival in the Ocesolan Empire. She turned to Drea. "Oh! That's right. This has never happened to me before, but suddenly... I feel this connection with the soil and nature around me. Is that normal? It's as if I can talk to them."

Janis suddenly blushed, realizing how stupid that sounded. "I-I mean, I just think I can understand what the soil is made out of just by touching it with my bare skin."

welian welian

((hey guess who got tied up in work this week and forgot to post))

On account of having a minor mental breakdown, Gregory wasn’t particularly listening to Eledrea. Well, he was, he certainly heard her voice, and he supposed she was speaking English, as it was the only language he knew, and yet – none of it made any fucking sense.

Scratch that, one phrase made sense.

“Fix the king’s mess….”

God, what he wouldn’t give to be department manager for the day. Even better, the store manager. And then maybe take Michael’s title right out from under him! Ha! The bastard would deserve that! He perked up a bit as he plotted his revenge, and after a minute or so, he was able to reject Fionn’s remarkably supple and firm muscular help. Not that he cared about dudes like that, he was just saying, this guy was fucking stacked. Oh look, a pretty woman with a tea cart!

“…. That’s weird,” Greg suddenly announced, covering his nose with his hand again, leaning against the doorway for support. “This whole thing is weird,” he stated again for extra emphasis, just in case no one else had gotten the memo. Behind him, there was fresh air from the great outdoors. In front of him, the smell of the study room. It wasn’t bad… the fragrance of the tea cart came forward as all the other strange new scents finally started to fade back.

“Hey, uh, weirdness aside, is there a reason it smells a bit like… I don’t know, like purple? Like… if the color purple had a smell. You’ve got an entire trail going down the hallway.” He thought for a moment. “I wonder if that old man had incense on him,” he murmured, vaguely describing the elderly wizard who had performed the ritual.

"Um hm," Eledrea simply said with a light nod of her head and then looked back as she gestured the attendant to leave the tray with the tea on the central sitting table. "Everyone can't use magic, it's somewhat of a rarity to only a few," she continued with a smile over at Janis and then cocked her head to the side when Janis blushed profusely. Considering what she just stated about her powers Eledrea didn't really see what there was to be embarrassed about. Perhaps the people that were summoned simply had a different kind of notion when it comes to embarrassment, her thinking a bit on what other aspects they would deviate from the worlds norm in. Regardless she shook her head slightly and replied promptly, "Speaking with the flora in nature is hardly unheard of."

After she said that she walked over and sat down in one of the chairs around the central table, her gesturing to the seat next to her as she continued, "Being able to interact with nature in that way is something that dryads are capable of, though such a thing elsewhere is unheard of." With that said she poured two cups of tea and then moved one over to the aforementioned seat as she continued, "The powers that summoned heroes are given can often be rather unorthodox." She paused for a short moment while she took a sip of her tea and then elaborated, "In times long forgotten a hero appeared to do battle with the demon queen. Though the battle didn't happen, and the demon queen became his wife." It seemed like she had skipped a great deal of story but she continued with a light nod of her head, "Many speculate that the hero was indeed someone not of this world, for no one up until she met him could ever live up to the demon queens standards."

"Not much is remembered of the long lost hero but the marriage allowed us beast folk join the kingdom under the demon queen. So I do hope to save that which our departed queen once held with the forgotten hero," Eledrea said getting off topic about the whole talking to plants subject, it seeming that her doing so might perhaps be on par? Thought after a moment she shook her head and let out a light laugh, "Oh look at me going on and on. Surely you have things you want to ask about?"

Orikanyo Orikanyo

Interactions:

Edric Yuma Edric Yuma [/div][/div] [div class=ValContent]"Thank you," Vallen waved thanks to the maid as she finished placing the tea and snacks on the table. As he moved to seat himself, he paused to look at young man leaning against the door. "Ahh..." A murmur leaked out of his mouth as he listened to the hero.

He moved his side, and slowly dragged him to the sofa. "It'll probably be a while. Feel free to take your leave. Jenny will have your reward back at the guild." He said a few words to Fionn. Seating himself across the slightly dazed man, he took a cup of the tea and had a sip.

After a sip, he looked up cheerfully to the man's face, "It is most likely a manifestation of your power. Judging by your description..." Vallen lifted his right index finger up in the air, and started spinning it, as if swirling the air itself. While doing so, he leaked out his own magic into the air, once again moving the air around the room.

While continuing his motions, he said, "If I am correct, you might have something of an ability to detect magic. A valuable skill in many professions. Hopefully, this realization will help you comprehend the reality of this situation." Vallen smiled, while continuing to swirl his magic of wind into the air. "Tell me, what do I smell like?" [/div][/div] [class=ValFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; align-items: stretch; display: flex; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=ValImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; min-height: 300px; max-height: 800px; background-image: url('https://www.rpnation.com/gallery/minkook-han-1-222-png.38583/full'), radial-gradient(circle at center, rgb(230,230,230), rgb(100,100,100)); background-size: 150%, cover; background-position: 50% 3%, center; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=ValTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 10px; left: 10px; right: 10px; height: auto; width: auto; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; font-size: 32px; font-family: 'Cormorant'; color: #231d1e; background-color: rgba(200,200,200,0.8); [/class] [class=ValMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; color: #e5e5dd; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=ValMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=ValContent] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; [/class]

Janis Beahan
Janis joined Drea at the central table, the color leaving her cheeks when she realized it was normal to speak to plants. Well - if normal could be applied to anything she was experiencing at all at the moment. Drea continued on with a bit of explanation about the history of this weird country, an explanation that sounded oddly like something out of a movie. It was as if this whole world was built for a nerd's fantasy. Janis had many questions about the country's past, but figured it would be better if the other rather rude summoned person was present for the history lesson.

"Don't worry! I tend to ramble sometimes as well." Janis smiled. It wasn't that bad to converse when it was only with one other person. "So, I get that I'm supposed to be here and help save the country and whatnot- but how do I get started? To be honest, in the world you summoned me from, I was still just a student." Janis took a sip of her own tea and gave a start. As soon as the liquid touched her mouth, it was as if the particles of tea leaves exploded in flavour on her taste buds. Perhaps it was the combination of her new power and the excellent tea, but she was instantly able to identify the unique taste of the tea. "Wow! This is some nice tea. What kind is it?"

welian welian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back