• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Familiar

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Arc 1: Beginnings
Another day begins, another day of your usual routine. Some may have heard whispers of immense magic being used in far-off lands, though the tails were hardly believable. You have no time to ponder on such things however, after all, you had your own goals to achieve.
Damafaud Damafaud Yun Yun Remembrance Remembrance Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

??? - Holy Nation Outskirts
The small boy's body ricochets off of the wall with a large, basey *thud*, his hand still clenched tightly to his chest. "S-Stop, please! I still haven't found a human to..." His gaze rose to face the intimidating figure before him, his small horns poking into the wood behind him as he looked toward the large Familiar. "I can help you, if you just wait for me to find one, help you become ki..." The boy's gazes slowly moved from Redd, to the human standing behind him, and the stone he held. Without warning, his body leapt forward toward the human with great speed, interrupting his own sentence

Solemn Jester Solemn Jester Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Redd, & Leondres
How-Draw-Charlotte-Katakuri-One-Piece.jpg
Leondres, the self proclaimed ‘Luckiest Man’ had been idling by chewing on an apple in one hand, and holding onto his stone with the other, behind the large and imposing figure of Redd. How this all started? Leondres couldn’t really quite remember really, amongst much confusion however they had somehow reached this point. It seemed that Leondres had gone mostly unnoticed until the point the boy’s gaze had set upon Leo, and without warning leapt towards him & his stone. Despite Leondres barely being able to follow the boy’s movements with his eyes, by the whim of Leondres’ magical luck, his stone dropping and safely slipping under his cloth waistband, with the half-eaten apple Leo was biting on earlier replacing it instead “Going after the stone? Hah! I don’t think soooo!~ Y’know who you are dealing with here? I’m no regular man, I’m the descendent of luck itself! The luckiest man alive!! I’ve never lost a fight or challenge in my life y’know!?” Leondres chanted as his chest puffed out and the tone of his voice swelling with pride.

Redd rolled his eyes at Leondres bragging. “Hold your tongue pathetic man. Luck is nothing to brag about. There is no skill in it.” He said scowling at Leondres with his big fierce eyes. The giant of a man was easily noticeable no matter where he went. He had expected to be attacked by other familiars on the regular. But it seemed his reputation from the other world preceded him. Anytime he ran into a familiar they immediately tried to escape, and it was beginning to get on his nerves. “However, regardless of how egotistical my human is. He isn’t wrong. I don't need my spells to handle a runt like you, nor does my human need me. Someone as pathetic as you couldn't possibly be worthy of becoming king, partner or not.” Redd suddenly clenched his first, and his veins began to throb, his deep sorrowful voice filling with rage. “For someone as insignificant as you to believe they could possibly help me become king is an insult even to a weakling like me! So before I send you back to the other world do you have anything else you wish to say?” Redd roared grabbing the boy and slamming him against the brick wall nearest to them, a slight agonised breath of air escaping. His furious glare burning into the boy's soul. Screaming unworthy with every fiber of his being.

Leo flipped his hair back “Hurumph! Why would I even need skill for? Skill is for poor people like you who aren’t gifted like me~” Leondres surrounded by an oozing aura of self-confidence. Redd’s disposition suddenly took a negative turn. At least more so than his anger. He dropped his shoulders a depressed aura surrounding him as his head also dropped some. Although he managed to keep holding the familiar against the wall. “Yes, you're right. I am a talentless, useless, weak, pathetic, excuse of a man… but still. I can't allow someone more pathetic than me to be allowed on the throne.” Redd said returning to his glaring state, and probably insulting himself more than necessary. Adding onto the single comment Leondres had made as he usually did. Leondres sighed, shifting his gaze upward and away from Redd “Jeez, you’re always such a downer...Well it can’t be helped! I must take the place of King myself~....I can do that right? Well tell me later, let’s leave him be now, I think we proved our point enough.” Redd glared towards Leondres, clenching his free fist as if he could send it flying at him at any second. Luckily for him Redd needed Leondres with enough mental power to cast his spells for him. Which he barely had without Redd giving him a concussion. He released the kid causing him to fall hard on his ass, the boy’s eyes looking up in confusion. Then turned away, ”My human is a soft fool. But that won’t prevent me from sending you back to our world next time we meet. You better hope that doesn't happen, maybe once you find your partner you'll be worthy of my fist. But as you are now you're not worthy of being defeated by me. Come, let's go ‘useless man’. Maybe we can find a worthy foe.” Redd demanded walking away from the boy, and past his partner. Leondres scoffed, following shortly behind Redd as they took to the road yet again, his hands resting behind the back of his head “Sad, do all you ever think about is finding somebody to fight? Can’t we at least stop off somewhere to eat first?!”

“You complain to much. Why can't you just go without all those weaknesses? Like eating, and sleeping, and using the bathroom? Humans are so bothersome. They make even me look like less of a pathetic weakling.” Redd replied, and Leo shouted back “You’re bothersome!!” as they continued their banter away from the kid eventually disappearing down a long road towards their next unfortunate foes.

The boy stood, alone once more as the pair left, staring into the stone within his hands. “He was right…” The worried expression stained upon his face slowly shifted, morphing into a sly, open toothed grin, as he stared up toward no-one with pure excitement. “He is a fool!”

Collab with
Randomfella Randomfella Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool and myself.

ARISA AND REN
Collab with Damafaud Damafaud

The carriage went at a moderate pace over the stone path. The stone path was created in agreement with Holy Nation in order to increase trade efficiency between the nation and Imperial Dragon. Nevertheless, with the ever changing political climate in Holy Nation, the construction of the path was stopped halfway in accordance to its stance against Imperial Dragon. The stone path soon returned to dirt. It wasn’t long until the carriage went over a small rock, rocking over the people inside the carriage.

“Ow!”

“Are you alright, Lady Arisa?”

Arisa was leaning against the carriage wall, napping. She rubbed the side of her head that got hit by the wall before answering.

“We went past the stone road already? Gorou, you should have warned me!”

“Apologise, my lady,” answered a gruff voice from outside of the carriage. Arisa didn’t pursue the matter before turning her attention to the sack occupying the seat next to her. She promised herself not to open it before they went halfway through the journey.

Arisa and her group was travelling to Holy Nation under the guise of meeting a business partner. The real reason, however, was because Arisa was bored and wanted a change in pace. Even so, the trip to Holy Nation was quite dull. The sack was filled with curios she bought several days earlier in the market to ease boredom on the journey.

“Fan, fan... Why did I buy four fans? It’s not like I need them. And why did I buy this weird hat?!”

The hat mentioned was a large sombrero hat with dried flowers and large feathers placed haphazardly on it. Arisa put the hat on with a perplexed expression before continue digging into her sack.

“A daruma… a sculpture of a cicada... Ohh candy!”

Mio, Arisa’s servant, remained quiet as Arisa continued talking to herself and filling her lap with trinkets. She was used to her lady’s antic, and her current behaviour was quite normal.

“What’s this?”

The item on Arisa’s hand could not be called a bracelet. The item was a beautifully shaped jewel of a darker shade of blue, tied clumsily with two piece of strings to resemble a bracelet. Arisa wore the bracelet around her right wrist. She stretched her hand in front of her and admired the jewel on it.

“Pretty.”

Her slumber ended abruptly.

Slipping through the physical and the energy wall of the stone, the fox spirit reached out to the other side. She could sense it. The prey, the tool, her master, her companion and her servant was closer than ever. So compelling she could taste it before her form fully materialized itself. She laughed her ghostly laugh, echoed the small carriage. It has begun.

Then white smoke filled the carriage, a cloud of smoke with no smell, no taste, but obscured Arisa’s vision completely. Amidst the smoke, a woman’s silhouette slowly was getting clearer. A true beauty she was, the kind of beauty you should stay away from. Unnatural, eerie and inhuman, but still alluring to the innocent souls. She had a narrow face thin eyebrows, and high cheekbones strangely resembled a fox. Behind her, unmistakably, were fox tails, all nine of them were white in color. She stood tall, proudly looked down at the people in the carriage.

“Lowly servants, leave my sight at once. I shall speak to your master alone. Her voice of command echoed the small space.

Then she turned to the girl with the Mundus stone on her wrist. With a completely different voice, now softer, more affectionate, but not without a hint of power.

“Do not be frightened, sweetheart. Rejoice instead for your time has come. What is it you seek, immense power over people, endless knowledges in all forms, the wealth of the material world, or fame to be noted in tales for ages to come, nothing may longer be out of your reach once you make a pact with me, the great spirit of the Eastern Mountain.”

Arisa’s mind went blank. What was this? An otherworldly beauty suddenly appeared from a puff of smoke and stood on the carriage? Oh, wait, she also claimed to be a spirit from a mountain and promised her the world if she was to make a pact with her!

“Oh, I see. Then, great spirit, let me have Mio prepare some ink and brush so we can legalise our pact- as if! Gorou, Gorou, stop the carriage! A mage just entered the carriage! Ah, ah, needles… Mio! Where is my needles- Ow! ”

The last exclamation was uttered due to the carriage stopping suddenly, leaving the panicked Arisa to, again, hit her head against the carriage wall. Mio sat stiffly on her seat, unsure on what to do. Should she really leave the carriage and her clumsy mistress?

While Mio hesitated, the right door of the carriage was pulled open. The sound of a sword leaving its sheath filled the air. A solemn voice soon asked the fox spirit.

“Who are you, and what do you want with our mistress?”

Just as sudden as the door burst open, the spirit’s expression changed instantly. The demanding voice was no more, but instead, the beauty cried in fright. “O my goodness, how could you be so eager to bring harm upon a helpless girl like me.”

As much as she hated to admit it, Ren, a supposedly mighty spirit was at a disadvantage against two women and a man with his metal stick. Her power was mostly sealed away the moment she arrived in this world. Without a human reading her incantations of power, she was truly helpless. Her only option was to swallow her pride and promise revenge for another day.

“Sweetie,” Said Ren, the authority in her voice had vanished, in its place was a trace of anger and disapproval. “Why have you treated me so? It’s only because my offers are indeed beyond mortal grasp that they sounded like cheap tricks and frauds to your ears.”

She sat carefully down beside Arisa, still eyeing the swordsman by the door. Reached out her hand, in an attempt to caress the dark blue stone on Arisa wrist, the spirit pleaded “You see with your eyes that I’m a harmless woman. I have none to offer but my power at your disposal and a way to attain your desire. Knowing that, you would still harm me or worse yet, leave me alone in the middle of nowhere at fate’s mercy?”

Arisa rubbed her head in annoyance as she moved back from the woman. The sombrero hat on her head was covering her sight, so she struggled to move it aside as she answered.

“You… don’t you know how weird everything is to me?”

The sombrero hat was tossed to the seat, which Mio caught and put on her lap.

“I was on my way to vacation in Holy Nation but suddenly poof! A beautiful lady with assets worthy of jealousy and face like an angel for suddenly appear inside my carriage, a moving carriage, without even opening the door! How am I supposed to stay calm like that?! You even claim to be a spirit that can offer me the world while I was wearing a weird exotic hat and was not ready for something like magic to happen! Only weird people can stay calm when something like that happen, you know!”

People normally didn’t explain in length why panicking was normal in a situation that deemed it necessary to be normal either. Normal people also didn’t talk in length in front of a potential hostile force, but both Mio and Gorou had long given up trying to point that out to their mistress.
Gorou was still pointing his sword at the self proclaimed fox spirit, but his stance wavered. The incomer was closer to Lady Arisa than he was closer to the incomer. The lady also didn’t have any weapon clearly seen. Maybe there was a situation here? He exchanged glance with Mio.

“Lady Arisa?”

“Hah… Yes?” Arisa answered. She was a bit out of breath after that stream of words.

“Maybe we should hear what this lady have to say before drawing a hasty conclusion.”

“Ah. Right. Let’s just have tea here. Mio, tea.”

Mio glanced again at Gorou, who nodded and withdrew his sword, though he didn’t sheath it. Seeing this, Mio gave a slight bow before she jumped off the carriage and started to unpack some necessities from the back of the carriage.

While Mio went to make tea, Arisa regained her composure. She found her needles-- right inside her sleeves as usual. The lady was suspicious, but she didn’t feel dangerous. And she already found her needles so everything would be for the better.

“Sorry about that. I was panicked. Would you like some tea?”

Relieved that she was no longer in danger of being thrown out, the spirit straightened her body and regained her proud demeanor from before. “Darling, I hold nothing against you. It was careless of me since appearing out of nowhere was nothing extraordinary where I came from. And yes, some sweet tea would be great.”

Of course, poofing out of nowhere was no normal things where she was, it was frowned upon as a truly impolite greeting. But the girl didn’t need to know that. But in return, Ren didn’t know much about this world either. How much is too much? At what point does the truth become too good to be true? Could this mortal really comprehend the situation?

“Indeed,” said the fox. As she sat, the carriage wall behind her was covered with fluffy tails, one of them she wrapped around to before her and brushed its soft fur. “As you can see. I came not from this world. Where I was, powerful magics were the norm. The most powerful, the right to rule was promised for the winner of a competition, participated only by pairing with a person in this world. Obviously, this companion too will share the reward in the end.”

“Then tell me,” Ren leaned closer with the sweetest smile she could muster “What is it that you desire? My power, utilized by you only, will bring about this desire no matter how unreasonable it is.”

The carriage was still sitting on the middle of the road, but blocking the desolate trading route wasn’t much trouble. After all, no one used it much apart from Arisa’s merchants.

Mio had started a small fire to boil water for tea. Meanwhile, Gorou handed a tray with a plate of candied fruit to Arisa. She sat inside the carriage facing the fox spirit as if it was a tea house.

Arisa observed the fox spirit with greater interest. Her ears and tail didn’t look fake. And she did appear out of nowhere. Then it could only be true she was a fox spirit! More vigilant characters might be wary of Ren still, but Arisa was not vigilant. Or wary.

She had magic! Maybe having a little ambition wasn’t so bad? Ren’s word put Arisa into thinking; what should she ask for? Money? Well, she didn’t know what she would need more of it for. Being in power sounded like too much of a pain, too. Hm… oh this one is candied plum.

Then her face brightened. The candied plum almost fell out of her mouth.

“I can wish anything, right?” She had just the perfect idea! A solution to all of her trouble!

“Then, in exchange for helping you in your struggle for power, I wish for you to help me,” Arisa paused. Then she took a deep breath and worded clearly and concisely.

“I wish for you to help me find the perfect husband!”

Ren took a moment to register Arisa’s request. But only a moment before she burst out laughing “You don’t want power, knowledge, nor do you want wealth, nor long life, nor fame. Not even a king could give you what I offer. Yet you wish for a mate?”

Arisa nodded dumbly. Was it so weird to ask for someone kind, handsome, powerful, considerate, and influental? Surely only magic could grant her the perfect husband!

Ren’s laugh halted, her fangs bared. “Human in this world are truly amusing creatures. Although your wish is yours to make, I would feel bad not giving you a worthwhile reward, us spirits are fair in our deal after all. I shall help you get what you want. The journey is long, however, I wonder if your desire would stay unwavering until the end?”

“It’s more troublesome to ask for anything else…” Arisa mumbled. Mio appeared at the carriage door with a tray. Tea was ready.

She finished with a smirk. Mortals are quick to change, only their greeds remain endless. Is your greed really that shallow, or you just have yet to realize its depth?

“You may call call me Ren, only Ren will do. I will soon teach you the incantations to use my power. But for now, let us enjoy our tea.”

“Let’s! Oh, I am Arisa of Hiraku clan. Please feel free to call me Arisa.”

Cough. Mio made a deliberate cough.

“Oh, fine! Please call me Lady Arisa when we’re with strangers. I still need to act like a proper part of nobility.”

That was the beginning a peculiar journey to seek for a husband and the throne of the spirit realm.

Last edited:
Ashraf Guillame - Lionsgate, Germany - Morning
bd7c815565be946947c2c2eeecde7f60.png
"Another morning..." Ash sighed, his eyes squinting toward the blinding sun, leather clad hands reaching up to block the rays. The town was bustling, as usual for the time of day, traders coming in and out, of course he was stationed at the entranced to the rest of the lands, rather than toward the holy city. Guarding the other gate was far simpler, after all, most knew not even to attempt to venture toward the city, and those that did... Well, lets just say it was a more entertaining post.

"You're good to go, just do..." Ashraf began to repeat. "Yes, yes, don't try to venture into the city, our kind aren't welcome." The trader, clearly a man from the west interrupted the paladin, who simply shrugged in response as the trader walked past with his goods. Another sigh escaped the man's lips, as he looked out toward the wide expanse before Lionsgate, his mind once again returning to a thought that had plagued him for years... "Just what is beyond these walls?"

Ashraf stumbled in his thoughts, interrupted by the sudden sight of an approaching traveller, one whom looked more out of place than a paladin in an Imperial palace. "Halt!" He spoke up with authority, placing a hand before the... Child's? Face. Whoever they were, they looked quite young, yet stood only a few inches below the man, there was a bout of confusion on his face he could not hide.

RizaTiz RizaTiz

Last edited:
The town around August was full of life, it's inhabitants were everywhere, walking to different places in the town. The sun was shining brightly, even the darkest corners of the town were filled with light. He looked at some children playing with a ball, smiling. It seemed this was a really happy town. The boy walked towards the gates with a spring in his step, looking beyond it's bars and seeing the land behind it. He reached the gate where a few guards were, surprised when one of them suddenly placed their hand in front of him, yelling "Halt!" He stopped, surprised momentarily before looking up and saying "Hiya! Looking side to side beyond the gate, he turned to look once more at the knight, who looked really confused for some reason, and asked"Hey, can I enter here?"

Randomfella Randomfella

Arisa & Ren - Zenith's Stride - Two Days Later, Evening
Dust whipped, and turned, like small tornadoes in the wind, along the road that Arisa and Ren travelled. The beaten path seemed to go on forever through the squelching desert, it definitely was not like the young woman's home, the heat eating at them, only seeming to intensify the further she ventured from the outpost. So far, teachings of Ren's incantations had seemed to bear no fruit, not even the slightest display of magic to be seen. One couldn't blame either of them to have their doubts, but then again, the elders never explained much to the Familiars on exactly how the stones would be activated, or much of anything for that matter. It was almost like they were missing something, some sort of spark to ignite the wisp of flame within.

It was getting late, about time that they thought about settling down for the night, the fatigue on Arisa's companions were obvious, despite how they might act to feel. Yet little did they know, whispers colluded on the horizon. The group had found themselves in a slight valley, nothing that would halter their movement, but the hills of sand were more than enough to obscure their vision of what lay just beyond their view.

"Now!" A bone curdling roar erupted from before them, three men rushing out from their prone positions in the sand without warning, around twenty meters from the groups current position. "Take the girl! Kill the rest!" Upon the man's call, his Naginata raised into the air proudly, three more groups emerged from each side of Arisa's caravan, a few men to each quadrant. The assailants were clad in basic leather padding, wielding a mix of hard wooden maces and sickles with metal edges, while some behind the group's current facing began to knock arrows to their wooden bows.

The group wasted no time, charging toward Arisa's party furiously, their numbers heavily outweighing her own. Even with Ren's physical capabilities, it was clear this many trained warriors would pose a dire challenge. The only light of hope was the one that would slowly intensify from the stone Ren had given to Arisa, if she were to hold it, a pale blue glow would follow, and if she were to look into it...

Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Damafaud Damafaud

Ash was taken aback by the boy's giddy response, his eyebrows raising in slight surprise, before they returned to their forced serious nature. "No." He responded, his eyes dancing around the boy, rapidly poking from each end of him, clearly checking him over, both his apparel, and his expression. "Not until I've checked you." He continued without emotion, though a small smile, barely noticeable, rose on his lips, it was all too satisfying to play that trick on fresh travellers.

Without warning, and without permission, the large gauntlet of the paladin reached toward the boy's shoulder, forcefully turning his body square on to face Ash, as he knelt down slightly. Beside the paladin, three others could be seen, glancing from the town, to the outside, to August, clearly keeping watch as if hawks on the hunt. "What are your intentions in Lionsgate?" Ashraf suddenly asked, again, no clear emotion could be detected from his tone, it was as if he'd stated the same phrase hundreds of times this week alone. His speech did not deter his actions, however, as his hands patted at the sides of the boy's body, looking for anything he might be hiding on his person, pulling something from his pocket without question.

As Ash liftd the object to inspect it, however, his stalwart expression faded to one of disbelief, and amazement, his mouth almost dropping as he attempted to collect himself. "What... Is this?" He wondered out-loud, a strange tonality in his voice, like someone whom had just stumbled upon a goldmine. "A fake." One of his comrades interrupted in a grunt, their shoulders lifting, unimpressed, it wasn't exactly abnormal for fake gems and the like to make their way around, and they weren't technically forbidden.

RizaTiz RizaTiz

Last edited:
August's smile turned into a frown, but only momentarily, and said "Alright!" He began twirling around so the knight could see everything he had, but was stopped by a firm grasp on his shoulder, forcing him to turn around the knight. "Woah!" He look at the knight who was crouched down, patting him everywhere. "Lionsgate...? Is that-" He pointed to beyond the gate "-what it's called?" He smiled. "I wanna find a partner!" He exclaimed. The knight soon found his mundus stone, but August didn't seem to troubled. "It's a stone that I'll give to my partner! So I can use my powers and so we can fight together!" He said, which was the truth but to everybody else, it seemed like a fantasy. A stone to give to a partner of some sort that gives powers? Unbelievable!

Randomfella Randomfella

"Well you'll definitely find a 'partner' here." Ash responded belatedly, his gaze moving from the stone for a second to stare over the boy's face, before his attention turned back to it. "Though they might have trouble believing you're of age." A slight chuckle erupted from the other paladins, but Ashraf did not join them, fixated on the gem. The various colours reflected from the morning sun's rays, dancing in the paladin's eyes tantalisingly.

Ash locked eyes with the boy, staring seriously into the strange irides that gazed back. Where had he found this gem? Just what was it? Why did his comrades simply shrug it off? Even if it were fake, it was a beautiful thing to behold, hell, he wouldn't even feel right selling such a thing... Let alone handing it back. Ashraf stood straight, slipping the stone further into his palm's grip, tightly holding it. "You won't be doing any fighting here, do I make myself clear?" Ash demanded authoritatively, looking down toward the boy with a menacing glare. "I... The Holy Nation will hold onto this for now." A couple of the other paladins gave the man a strange look, but only for a short moment, before returning to their own concerns. "Enjoy your stay, oh, and don't attempt to enter the Holy City." Ashraf gave the boy a slight nod, before extending his free hand toward the town.

RizaTiz RizaTiz

Avaris, Egypt - Evening
It had been a long day for Bruk, with hostilities in the area slowly increasing over time, there was no shortage of all kinds of work in the area, and no shortage of disputes within the town. As the dawn grew closer, so did the heat calm, and the cold of night begin to encroach. Inside of his abode, Bruk, and perhaps Ira, would be settling for the day.

About an hour after coming home however, the sounds of ear-piercing screams could be heard a couple hundred meters down the road, following a variety of crashing sounds. A short moment later, the foundations of Bruk's abode shook, and audible barrage of what sounded like demolition occurring from the same direction. To Ira, however, the sounds were far more Familiar.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

06901254123b10670bea7e24edc4686f.jpg
Arisu Kazuran

The sun shined brightly through the swaying leaves of the trees, illuminating the brightly glowing red and yellow eyes of Arisu as she gazed at the blue sky. She just stood there in silence before closing her eyes, taking in the world around her. Birds sang their songs, kids laughed in the distance, and the wind carried the fresh smell of nature. It was peaceful. Not a hostile presence for miles. When she opened her eyes again, a small sigh escaped her lips. Sensing the hint of sadness in her sigh, the small marten on her shoulders stirred around before nudging its nose into her cheek. Yasu had been sleeping cozily, his long body comfortably stretched from one shoulder, behind her neck, and to the other shoulder. If he was not helping Arisu out or playing, he was definitely sleeping.

The nudge brought Arisu back to reality. Her hand moved to pet the weasel as if to both reassure and thank him. That's right, today was the day she'd set out on a journey to fulfill her needs. If she stayed her, surely her natural lust for blood would cause trouble for her brother and the tribe. Right now, they were in a time of peace and she wasn't going to risk their happiness and future simply because she wanted to kill. Asahi had already agreed to let her go, and she wasn't going to back down. A warrior never backed down.

Some time later, Arisu had a single sack tied to her waist that was filled with the necessities for a somewhat lengthy travel until she at least reached the next town. She stood at the gates of the village of Kaeju, the entire village coming to see her off. The crowd opened a path in the middle as her brother came forward, his face stern as he looked down at her. "I thought I told you not to tell anyone. I wanted to leave quietly," Arisu said, her voice emotionless as she met her brothers eyes. "How could I not? The best warrior in the village is leaving for who knows how long. Of course I'd tell everyone," he said, copying her tone at first but quickly softening his expression. The two exchanged looks for a minute as if silently communicating their feelings to another. Asahi walked forward and pulled Arisu's head to his chest, still silent. Though no words had been spoken, she could feel the care and worry he felt for her, and she reciprocated by closing her eyes to share this moment with him.

After pulling away, she turned to the gate. "Farewell," she said with a wave, the crying faces and voices of her people forever etched into her mind as the gate closed behind her. Yasu let out a soft squeak before tucking himself in his favorite napping spot as if knowing this journey was going to be a long one. Kaeju was not directly connected with any major, well known towns were the strong warriors loitered, so she'd have to ask directions at the next town she encountered. Though hidden, the excitement ran through her entire body as she took her first step.

Elpida - Zhouni, Asia - Midday
4f881f3e6b04ba11d895e26b476093d9.png
Zhouni was a bustling place, though not the largest city by any means under Imperial Dragon control, it was very busy. Cramped streets were packed with people, going to and from the nearby mines that had fed the wealth of the area, far too tired to bother with any but themselves. Within, Elipda was starting to feel any hope of finding a partner in such a place was lost. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he moved through the crowded street, bodies moving past at great speed, not a single questioning his lone travels since he had been in this world.

Still, he had heard whispers of other cities, towns, areas that perhaps housed less pragmatic individuals, maybe even some that could understand his plight... Maybe. Still, Eli had come to learn that he would not find such a person here, and so, he began to venture out, into the wilds, directionless.

Elpida didn't make it far until a whining sound caught his attention, his head swinging toward its location, a few hundred meters from the entrance to the city. Wasting little time, the boy rushed toward the sound, running through the lines of trees, until reaching a small clearing. What he saw, however, disgusted him to his core. Three men, armed with sticks, surrounded a small, red fox, running around it, poking at it as it attempted to flee, clearly hobbling due to a weak leg. The laughter filled Eli's mind, his fists clenching tightly, the animal was considered a pest around these parts, but that did not give these humans the right to toy with it so. He wouldn't stand by and watch, not any longer, as he took a step forward, stopping himself as his eyes moved upward, noticing a stranger approach from the opposite end of the clearing. Eli paused, placing himself behind a large tree, waiting for a moment to gauge the stranger's reaction.

Zhouni was perhaps the closest large town to Kaejun, and an ideal location to stock up on supplies, being on a couple of days from Arisu's home. Her time travelling had been uneventful thus far, until stumbling upon the scene, the men too distracted with their own entertainment to notice her approach.

Yun Yun

KOr6Stw.png
Ramshield - Iceland

58FIzvW.jpg
Stepping forth onto the docks of what counted as a 'port' a shiver ran up her spine and she tugged her jacket tightly closed. A scowl adorned her face as she looked around at the meager town. Her search for a suitable human had taken her all across Europe, and were it not for the rumors of the warriors of this island she never would have wasted her time. But then, time wasn't something she could afford to waste. The longer she spent looking for a suitable partner the longer she was at risk. Unlike her home, she was incapable of utilizing her powers here. A fact that kept her in an almost permanently melancholic state. She glanced over her shoulder at the towering armor-clad man flanking her. She was no stranger to having strong men around to ensure her safety, it's just she never actually needed them. But here? In this god forsaken realm? She was as powerful as a kitten cast out onto the street. Honestly, if it wasn't for their incompatibility she would have just made her hired guardian her partner and been done with it.

With a sigh she finally took her first steps into the town, prodding the locals about the famed Icelandic warriors that resided there. While the town could be classed in that category they made mention of several outlying villages that put more stock in warfare than even they did. With this knowledge in hand she set off deeper into the island to search for these villages and see if any of them had anyone worth her time. A few of the warriors she encountered showed promise, but there was always something getting in the way. Something beyond just her high standards. Her search eventually led her to the village of Ramshield, only this time she arrived in time to see a massive battle underway. She stood atop the hill overlooking the slaughter, arms folded as the ends of her scarf and long snow-white hair billowed in the wind. The conflict as a whole died down as two combatants squared off. The smaller of the two fought ferociously utilizing every advantage afforded to him. A rather impressive display if she was inclined to admit.

With his victory the conflict as a whole came to a close and her mind was made up. Barring any additional obstacles, that man would be hers. And so she strode forward into the village, quickly finding the warrior having his wounds tended to. As she drew near she paused, glancing down at her pocket. The black gem that tied her to this world pulsed with energy. She could feel it's draw to the warrior. A smile tugged at her lips for the first time in a long while. No other candidate had gotten a reaction like this, there could be no mistake. This man would see her goal come to fruition, and in kind she'd grant him whatever reward he saw fair. All too certain of this she resumed her pace forward to greet her soon-to-be partner.

Ramshield - Iceland
Interactions: Forgy Forgy

Rachelle Spatford & Akakiryu

It is a bright morning over Haven Rock. Within the many homes lies the residence of the Spatford sisters. Rachelle and Michelle were sleeping peacefully in their shared bed when the rays of the sun woke the former up. They were both in their lingerie and as per usual, Rachelle’s Familiar has gone off. She looks down at her sister who is still sleeping and says as she shakes her “Michelle, wake up. We got work to do.” Michelle refuses at first, but as Rachelle intensifies her shaking, she finally wakes up, albeit slowly. After letting out a loud yawn, she says “Good morning…” Rachelle sighs before getting up and goes out of the bedroom. Michelle then follows.

In the kitchen, Rachelle cooks up a quick meal knowing how strict the guild is when it comes to time. Once breakfast is cooked, Rachelle places it down on the table. “Aka went off again.” She says “That idiot, why does he always get out so early? I’ll never understand that guy.” Michelle looked at her sister and she can tell that she is very concerned. “Come on, sis.” She says “I’m sure he has his reasons. Come, we got not much time left. I don’t want to get another lecture from my superior.” Rachelle sighs as she sits down and eat what she have cooked along with her sister.

Once breakfast is done, the sisters went on to make their preparations such as freshening themselves and get their belongings sorted. Once these are done, the sisters went out of the house. “Come on, let’s find Aka. He’s probably in the woods doing...something. Maybe training I guess? But let’s go!” Michelle says before she runs off. “Michelle! Wait up!” Rachelle yelled before following her.

Meanwhile, not far off in the woods, a massive behemoth covered in thick layers of fur, and baring its fangs stood before a lone man with a oddly red skin color. The beast glared down at the man who did not flinch upon being confronted by it. It lowered it’s head sniffing him, his jagged teeth just inches away from the man’s face. Suddenly the man rose a hand his palm open and sent a small wave of energy at the beast. The creature shook its head upon being struck by the invisible wave of energy, blinking a bit before it lowered itself to all fours. The man's expression previously serious, and stern turned to a softer kinder one. “There there friend. Nothing to worry about, I am no threat to you.” He told the bear as it shyly backed away. Upon seeing the man’s smile it approached him. Nuzzling him with the affection of a puppy.

Akakiryu had been training in the wild all day. Meditating and considering his plans for the future. It hadn't been long since he first found his partner. She was strict and quite harsh upon their first encounter. Honestly, she hadn't changed much since then. But Aka had gotten to know her better in their time together. She hid her softer side behind the chiseled stony demeanor she held around most others. Much like Aka's father. At the thought of his father, Aka couldn’t help but look towards the scar he had been given by his father's katana when his brother betrayed them. He clenched his fist, a solemn expression coming upon him as he remembered his promise. “I swear father. I shall avenge you, and restore Seiryu back to the kind person he once was." With that said he returned back to his meditation. He had begun this training upon finding out about his aggressive alternate personality that took over around other familiar. It was something he would not allow to control him. He would not be forced to battle, his pride would not allow it.

“Aka~! Aka~!” A familiar voice is heard from off a distance. Michelle is calling out the Familiar as the two kept looking for him. “Oh...where could he be?” She worriedly ask and Rachelle says “Probably meditating. Just keep searching for him.” Michelle nods as she continues to call out Akakiryu.

Aka was deep in meditation by the time the girls came searching for him. So any attempt at calling for him was blocked off by the calm hums and mental focus he had begun on. However his bear friend was still nearby, and hearing the calls nudged Aka to stir him from his unmoving state. He smiled opening his eyes in response. “Yes? Ah, I see. You wanted to let me know I was being called to. Thank you. I suppose that is my que to finish training for the day.” He leapt to his feet, bowing to the bear respectfully before turning to head to his master. The bear whined as its new friend left, but did not oppose him. He knew the man was not normal, and he had his own things to do. So they parted ways. In a moment Aka appeared as if from thin air before his partner and her sister. Bowing respectfully. “Good day my master, and you as well lady Michelle. How are the two of you doing this morning?” He asked standing straight once more. Rachelle wasn't really his master. But for some odd reason, Aka preferred referring to her as such. It was something even he barely understood. He thought it was because he missed home, and calling her master made him think of his time training with his father back in the day. “I am ready to take off when you are. Just say the word, and I shall do as told. Within reason.” He spoke the last words a bit less confidently. Not wanting to anger Rachelle, but not wanting to agree to doing absolutely anything.

“Aka, I don’t want to remind you how many times I’ve said about you running away. You could have just told us, but now here you are doing something in the woods. How long will you keep this up?” Rachelle spoke, looking sternly at her Familiar. She then lets out a sigh and said “Come, we got work to do.” She turns around and walks off. Michelle looks at Aka for a moment before following her sister.Rachelle looked at him very coldly, but I know deep down she was worried. She thought.

Aka bowed his head several times in apology before following along. “I am very sorry master. You see I didn't wish to disturb you so I felt it was better to go off on my own. So what are we doing today? I would like to search for clues at to where my brother might be. But if we must do something else I am fine with that.” Aka spoke softly, and not with much confidence as he followed Rachelle. He was never the most confident fellow, he usually just did what he was told. So it was hard for him to really speak up about his wishes. But in the end he would agree to whatever his master decided upon.

A few minutes later, the trio gets out of the woods and is now on the road to the guild. Rachelle glances over to Michelle and ask “Michelle, any new requests?” She thinks about it for a moment and then she says “I’m gonna check if there is any. I’m pretty sure there are some requests that haven’t been taken at the bulletin board, so you might as well check those out.” After minutes of walking, they have finally arrived at the Messiah’s Hand Guild, home of Haven Rock’s finest adventurers. As they enter the guild, Michelle quickly went to her desk while Rachelle looks up at the bulletin board to see if there are any requests to take.

Randomfella Randomfella

2RPddj0.png

Ren
The once revered spirit lazed around in the moving carriage, in the burning heat, it was as if the whole world were out to get her. And she thought being locked up in the mountain by her sisters was terrible. Here she lied powerless, yawning non-stop at her companion’s failed attempts to channel the incantations through the Mundus stone. Damn the fur, damn the heat, damn it all. Her magic, the very core of her being was ripped straight out of her heart the moment she crossed into this world. Like a limbless fox, she was tied down by the physical world tied. Chained directly to a mortal, and only to be released at their mercy. Even worse that her human had not the slightest idea how to unchain her. This was easily one of her worst crisis yet, this frustrating situation could sway the patience she had trained far beyond the level of any mortal. She recalled memorises of her past lengthy battle against mortals, those were battles she sought for herself to mess with her clueless plaything. In the guise of an obedient spouse, wise kind sage, or a blessed child, she would lie in wait for the greedy mortals to exploit, then time would brew her ultimate betrayals for them. Priceless was her triumphant upon them wretched souls, rid of everything they ever had and some more, for she always takes back twice of what had given. Ah, those were the time, the good times.

All of a sudden, even her peaceful and lazy time was cut short: the carriage came to a halt from its steady speed and threw Ren onto the floor. To an equally confused Arisa, she barked loudly: “GARRR, I’M GOING TO FEAST ON THAT ACCURSED, ROTTEN WIT, UNTRAINED MANNERLESS SERVANT OF YOURS!!!!!!!!”.

With the door kicked opened, Ren’s angry nose poked out to find and ignore the driver’s useless excuses. But instead of a meal in the making, a circle of bandits greeted her with their weapon drawn.

“Hey dearie, we’re being robbed.” Ren came back in to inform her human. As she was now, Ren couldn’t do much more fighting than Arisa could. “Too bad about your male servant, they aren’t interested in men.“ She said the early mourning words for Arisa’s annoying servant, her remorseless tone contradicted her words, unsurprisingly. “They seem to have adequate libidos though, so we should be fine…to some extent.”

But her human had a different idea of what could be considered fine and was insistent that they find another way to escape this ordeal. Needy much, but pampered children will always be like that, they must have what they want or nothing at all!

“I advise you to try again then,”
Ren pointed at the glowing Mundus stone, “and this time with a little more effort. I’ll also need this.”

Arisa hat, the goofy sombrero hat that Ren had been eyeing for a while for two reasons. One, because how ridiculous it was, how inappropriate and no grace whatsoever! At times the urge to tear it apart with her fangs almost overwhelmed her. She didn’t know why, must be some unexplainable instinct. It was also the only plant matter they had access to in this desert, and one of her simpler spells required the use of it. Something fresher would do better; flowers, grasses, herbs would work magnificently as catalysts for her spell. But beggars can’t be choosers, and Ren had not found herself in a favorable position for a while now.

With the hat snatched from Arisa’s head, the fox spirit got off the carriage. In a bizarre moment for the astonished bandits, she proceeded to tear the goofy headwear with her fangs and nails, in a furious manner, into dozens of small pieces. It’s pitiful remains scattered the air, fell down slowly, but just a mere moment before they could touch the ground and Ren could finish her disappointing sigh, the pieces erupted in flame.

“Get it off me, get it off!!” Their leader was the first one to be caught by the fire. Not one, but many of them started to charge at Ren’s enemies. They burned not in ordinary flame, but bluish, ghastly light, and seemed to have minds of their own, the mind that followed their cruel mistress. “Stop, stop it, get it off me! Kill that whore now, she’s a witch! This is her doing!”

Those ghostly bluish flames stormed the bandit around the carriage, left a raging and painful burn where they touched. Amidst the horrifying screams in the air, a fox spirit was grinning in content “You have mastered the art at last, Arisa, my dear. Behold”. She pointed at the scattered bandits, her fox fires had engulfed many of them and were chasing down the leftovers. The wailing sounds and smell of burned meat filled the air. The few that had yet to be scorched black crawled on their barely usable limbs toward their murderer, asking for nonexistent mercy.

“What do you think, human?” asked the fox “Perhaps it is wise not to burn all of them whole. I personally prefer my steak done rare.”

Damafaud Damafaud

06901254123b10670bea7e24edc4686f.jpg
Arisu Kazuran

Upon reaching the closest town, she asked around for the nearest city. Most people shrugged her off, but a few townspeople pointed her towards a town called Zhouni, marking it on a map for her to use if she got lost on the trails. She thanked them before resuming her journey again. After a few days of surviving on hunting animals she came across and camping out, she arrived just a few miles out of Zhouni.

The journey, for the most part, had been quiet. Small talk with Yasu usually filled her time, but besides that, she had done nothing but walk these past few days. It bored her. Soon enough, something that could be potentially interesting arose. Three men surrounded a small, red fox. It appeared they were torturing the poor animal. Being quite fond of animals herself, Arisu was angry at the sight. She has to do something.

Arisu, now just mere feet away from the group, spoke, her tone menacing. "Is it fun? Torturing a defenseless animal?" They turned their attention to her briefly, giving the fox a moment to rest from their constant probing. "Mind your own business," One man said, glaring at her before the three resumed their activity. Simultaneously, they lifted their sticks and swing down to strike the fox. It only took Arisu two steps to stand within reach them and before they could hit the fox, she had placed her sword with the sheath on in the way, preventing their sticks from making contact with the fox. "Hey, what's your problem?!" Another man yelled, angered by her sudden interruption. He raised his stick to swing down upon her, but before he could even begin to swing down, she quickly retaliated by shoving the end of her sheathed sword into his neck. He immediately fell to the ground, gasping and clenching his neck in pain. The other two exchanged looks before dropping their sticks to come at her with their fists. Child's play.

They came at her from her left and right side, their fists raised. In one fluid motion, she dodged their pincer attack by moving out of the way, the two of them crashing into each other before turning to her. By then, her sheathed sword was already coming down on the crook of one of the men's neck, effectively knocking him out while the other charged at Arisu. She lowered her sword as the man through a punch. She dodged effortlessly and with his stomach wide open, she kneed him. This all had happened within the span of minute and in the end, they were all slumped on the ground.

Yasu licked at her cheek, still laying comfortably upon her shoulders. She then turned to the small fox who was now laying on the ground in pain. It was injured and if not treated properly, surely would die. For now, she did what she could by ripping some cloth off of what wrapped around her sword. Gently, she applied began to treat the exhausted fox

Arisa Hiraku

alishia-human-jpeg.555007

Carriage; Barren Land
Incantation Succeed; Relieved
Interaction: Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
Mention: Randomfella Randomfella
"Hú yāo huǒ! Hú yāo huǒ!"

Arisa shouted the unfamiliar syllables as she held the Mundus stone. The feathers on the sombrero hat on her head fluttered with the rocking of the carriage, making her appearance quite silly. Arisa's temple was furrowed, as she kept concentrating to bring forth the magic Ren had told her about. Gorou was driving the carriage again after their short stop. The carriage soon left the forest and entered a barren land, the remains of a dried swamp in the past.

"Hú yāo huǒ! Hú yāo hu- whaa!"

The carriage went to a sudden halt. Arisa was fine, but the stop blew up Ren's temper. Before Arisa could do anything, Ren already threw the carriage's door open.

"Apologise, my lady. There are bandits-"

"What?!"

Akira hurriedly went to peek outside and what she saw turned her face pale. They were surrounded! Gorou might be strong, but he was nothing against the odds that overwhelmed him with numbers. She fumbled for her needles, but she knew it wouldn't be enough. They should aim for a hasty retreat while discouraging the bandits to give chase.

As the gear in her mind turned like crazy, Ren calmly say they would be fine even if captured.

"Ah, is that so? That's a huge relief- not! What part of being used to satisfy men's libido is fine to you?! That's called rape, you know! I wanted my first time to be with my perfect husband! That you promised me! Again, what part of that is fine?!"

The fox spirit fell into her thought again. She encouraged Arisa to try the incantation again. What had she been doing all journey, then?

"Hey, my hat!" she exclaimed when Ren took her hat. Before she could react, Ren shredded the hat to pieces.

She wanted to complain again, but the bandits had gotten close. Their savage face was enough for Arisa to reorganised her priority. She should try the incantation again. She could succeed. And not being raped. Hopefully. Arisa took a deep breath. Even as her hands trembled from seeing the bandits, she focused on the remains of the hat and shouted with all of her might,

"Hú yāo huǒ!"

For a while, nothing. She was going to start complaining again when the leader of the bandit suddenly burst up in blue flame. Then another. And another. The whole bandits were charred in blue. Gorou, who was ready to sacrificed his life to protect his lady could only stare, dumbfounded. Arisa too, could only stare with her mouth open. She did this? With magic?

It took a while for Arisa to register Ren's words. For once, she didn't feel like complaining. She closed her mouth and dusted a pink feather off her shoulder.

"Gorou, kill the fire using sand. We need to have token of identification if we want to claim rewards for them later."

"...yes, Lady Arisa,"
answered Gorou after a while.

As Gorou went and extinguished the flame, Arisa stared at Ren. She did promise power, but seeing was believing. And with this magic being only one of the incantations she was told, how powerful could she be in the future? A scene flashed in her mind.

Soldiers filled a battlefield, while a handsome man bravely fought while surrounded by enemies. His comrades fell one by one until she was the only one left. An enemy raised his sword, preparing to cut the man's head off. But before he succeed, fire suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The War Goddess Arisa descended from the sky and defeated all enemy. The handsome man fell to his knee, tension leaving his body as the war was over. He knelt in front of her and with a "thank you, Arisa," he held her and kiss her right. on. her. lips.

"...my lady? Are you alright?" Mio called after seeing Arisa stood silently on the carriage's door. She was worried her mistress was paralyzed with shock. After all, this was her first time seeing people die so painfully. Even Mio secretly shivered when she saw the burning bandits.

"...I should conquer the world," whispered Arisa softly as if in a daze.

"Yes?"

Arisa shook her head. Going to war was ridiculous, but this magic might be more powerful than she thought. After they arrived in Holy Nation, she should decide which course would be the best one to take. If she helped Ren to be stronger, then maybe...

"We will be leaving once we have their token. I don't want to stay here for too long."

On the rest of the journey to Holy Nation, Arisa asked Ren many things regarding spirits, Familiar, and magic.

Leondres Quinn Auxillius
13cbcf02dc08f969.jpg

Traveling together, and bickering for what had felt like an eternity to Leo. They had been using Leo’s ‘Lucky Compass’ as their guide, which despite its name was an unpredictable tool that didn’t always guide the duo to where they had hoped. Leondres had been inspecting the Compass to make sure it had been working properly, his impatience making him feel like the Compass had been leading them to nowhere…

“RAHH! This dang thing is leading us nowhere! We should really just buy a map...You do know how to read a map right, Redd?” Leondres said, knowing full well he didn’t know how to read maps.

And just as Leondres had started wondering whether something had been ‘messing’ with his luck. Emerging from the trees & brushes was the figure of the fortified walls of a stronghold, and all of Leo’s doubts were swept away in an instant

“HAHAAAA!!! I never doubted you baby!~” Leondres shouted triumphantly, kissing his ‘Lucky compass’ before placing it away in his pocket and looking over to Redd “Nooow can we get something to eat? I’m ~staaaarving~ after that hike...And besides, a grown man like me needs his meal!” Redd grunted in response. Rather annoyed by the constant whining of his partner. It was always something with the man. His dependence on these tools was pathetic in the hunter's eyes. “I already told you. I don't need such unreliable tools. I find my own way. If you would have just let me. We would have made it here much faster. Stupid human.” Redd growled, walking ahead of Leo “Oh shush! You don’t give this little fella enough credit, and besides, I’d never trust you with directions! Knowing you, you’d lead us right into the middle of a battlefield.” Leo responded, picking up his pace to match Redd’s walking speed as if some unspoken competition had begun between the two. Redd still didn't quite used to the human world yet. The people and places were very different from home. The people most of all. They all seemed terrified it Redd just by him walking past them...actually maybe that part wasn't so different. But their reasoning was different. They simply found Redd's size, and appearance scary. It was rather annoying, especially when they had to ask for directions and the person either ran away or just trembled in terror unable to speak. Hell, when Redd first met Leo, he thought Redd was some sort of bull monster. If his memory was right, he asked Redd if he was the Minotaur. The pathetic sight of Leo about to piss himself almost made Redd laugh...almost. He was about to answer Leo, and suggest the attempt to ask someone for directions. When he sensed something..familiar. His eyes narrowed in a deep scowl, and he looked over in the direction of a guard post. “Hmmm, it’s nothing...I guess I'm just hungry. Come on let us go find something to eat.” He lied, deciding to feed his human before confronting the familiar he sensed.

Leo rose his arms high into the air, and from the top of his lungs shouting
“YOOOOOOSH FINALLY!!! Oooo I can’t wait, I’ve been waiting for a good meal and...I think I smelt something really good over in that direction” and despite the fact this had been the first time ever Leo had known Redd to be ‘hungry’, decided to blissfully ignore any suspicions one might have. Instead, he had been much more interested in sniffing out the area around him, hoping to catch onto some delicious aroma for him to follow. Redd simply nodded in agreement following his foolish companion close behind. He was on his guard now. He sensed an enemy and didn't know what to expect in this new area. They could be walking into a trap if the familiar had sensed them as well, and knew the area. On the other hand, Leondres had been trotting around utterly carefree, and oblivious to any of the potential dangers that surround them - instead he had been almost single-mindedly following the alluring scent he’d caught onto. Leading them through a maze of buildings archways, all the way until they had finally reached the source of the aroma Leo had been following. A sizeable establishment with hot steam rising from its roof, the delicious scent of food flooding the streets outside “This is the place...L-lets go…” Leo said as if he were almost in a trance and both of them entered the restaurant. Leo ordering what could have been his own ‘all you can eat buffet’ and wasting no time digging in. Redd glared at the food before him. Honestly not understand humans need to complicate something as simple as food. He only needed to eat once every month or so at most, and not even a lot of food at that. He was disturbed by humans gluttony, although he had known some familiars who were even worse. Still, the constant need to feed, and bathe was just another reason Redd dislike being partnered with them. Such high maintenance creatures infuriated the Goliath, and he had gotten stuck with one of the worse. He gave the food a look over and picked out something simple, taking a bite from an Apple underneath his scarf so no one could see.
Redd "The Hunter"
10e136ba2aea760e9eab1058e1c6a7d5.jpg

“Mhmm, yes this is excellent fruit. Now, how about we head off on our mission now. I believe you said you wanted to go meet the king of this land?”
Redd started, pointing out their whole purpose for coming here. “I think it would be best if we did so quickly. You know we tend to draw attention when we stay anywhere for too long.” Redd told Leo, figuring he would have to observe the familiar he sensed nearby later on. Apparently, it hadn't sensed them, or at least it wasn't interested in them at the moment. Redd wasn’t really worried though. At worse he would finally get a decent fight. He had been dealing with weaklings ever since he arrived, and frankly, it infuriated him. Leo paused halfway stuffing his mouth with food, staring blankly at Redd for a moment before saying, with food still in his mouth “Whaddya’ mean by that? We draw AWESOME attention! Nuthin’ wrong with that~” gulping down the rest of the food in his mouth he got up from the table, slamming his fists down as he made his statement “But aye! I do want to meet the king! And when I do, I'mma have him lead me right to the ‘Holy City’, let’s go Redd - this way!” and with that announcement by Leondres, the duo was off on their way to the King.

(This is a collab by - Solemn Jester Solemn Jester & Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool )

Ashraf Guillame & August - Lionsgate, Germany - Morning
"Of age?" August asked, confused. Was there some sort of age requirement he needed to get a human? He continued looking at the knight, who was inspecting his stone, before the knight stood up and said that he'd hold onto the stone. Looking actually worried for a moment, he stuttered, Ash raising an eyebrow to him. "Well, you see, I, well, actually need that, to use my powers with my partner." But he looked up at the knight once more, whom didn’t look to care, and his face brightened up once more. "Hey! Actually, since you're the one holding it, do you want to be my partner?" He said, not realizing the misunderstanding this would cause, the paladin’s entire body seeming to recoil from the request. "You look strong and cool!" He smiled brightly. "You could help me win the trials so I can make the world a better place!"

Ashraf moved his free hand back toward his chest, facing an open palm toward the boy, his comrades had begun to burst into husky chuckles at the notion. “W-Woh! Hold up boy, you’d best be careful talking like that around these parts.” He slightly stammered, before releasing a short sigh of air. “Now either enter the town, or leave, no lollygagging at the gate.” Ash attempted to regain his composure with a serious tone, despite his last statement causing an even greater eruption of laughter from the nearby paladins, one word in particular seeming to get a great kick out of them.

August looked surprised. “Did I say something wrong? I just want you to be my partner.” He did genuinely seemed confused. “You know, we fight together, you use my powers and I can win the tri...!”

“Enough!”
Ashraf interrupted both the boy, and the laughter of the other paladin’s, his tense expression returning. “Such things are banned within the Holy Nation, you would do well to remember that, now move!” He shouted in an aggressive command, pointing into the town forcefully, scowling down toward August.

Frightened, but only for a moment, by Ashraf's loud voice, August flinched. He looked up at him and after a few seconds, he smiled. “Alrighty!” He said, smiling, before he walked away, disappearing into the crowd. A confused expression was the only response Ash gave, staring as the boy moved, slightly shocked by the sudden acceptance.

Six hours later, outside the ‘Border of Royalty’ inn.
Ashraf sat alone at one of the tables, his shoulders rolling in an attempt to relieve the tension of the day, the stone he had found earlier in the day still clasped within his palm, his eyes looking into it. Just what was this thing? He continued to ask himself, to ask himself of his own obsession over it, the paladins often ‘confiscated’ goods at the gate, but he never did, so why now?... An exhausted sigh left his lips as he grabbed the mug of water by his side, taking a large gulp from it, his vision obscured by the container until he placed it back down. As he finished his drink, however, a familiar face was now sitting before him, his body jumping from the startling sight.

516a675d0d7366a94eeb0f80d966ec9a.png
“Hiya!” August suddenly said, giving him a little wave. “What do you think of my stone? Pretty cool, right?” He smiled. “I got especially made for me.” He hopped up from his seat and leaned on the table. “So, wanna be my partner? I need a human so I can use my powers.”

“Wh- How did y…?”
Ash couldn’t help his confusion, before looking from the boy, to the stone he was talking about. “Ugh…” His mood soon dropped to disappointment, what was this kid always going on about powers for? Wait… “Human?” Ashraf repeated the boy’s words, confused. “What do you mean you need a human?” He couldn’t help but wonder.

“Yeah, a human! I need a human to read the incantations from the stone so I can use my powers!” He said, the star in his eyes sparkling, a few patrons glaring toward them as he spoke, Ashraf raising an eye to him. “Without one, I can’t really do much but with a human, I can use my powers!” He began speaking really fast “You see, in my world, I could use my powers all I wanted, but now I can’t. The big guys in the trials said we’ll need a human in this world to chant the words on the stone so we can start using our powers, and it’s been really boring not being able to create things, you know? It’s like super boring but if you become my partner, you can chant the words and I can begin using my powers again and then we’ll get super strong and then I can win the...!” August’s arms outstretched as he spoke, a glare of excitement fresh in his wide eyed expression, before the paladin rose up from his table, forcefully grabbing the boy by the collar.

Picking him up, his stone still in Ashraf’s hand, he pulled the boy into a nearby alley. “You’re going to get us both killed!” A hushed tone escape the paladin, murmurs of August’s words could still be heard from the patrons just beyond. “Practice of magic here is punishable by death. So keep quiet about your ‘powers’ you lunatic!” Ash warned, looking from each end of the alley, and back to the boy. “You’re lucky I don’t believe you, or I’d do it myself, and why do you keep calling me human!?” Ash stared into the strange sparkle in August’s eyes, while it was definitely something he’d never seen before, it wasn’t enough to have him believe the boy wasn’t human himself. “You come from this world, there’s no reason you need my help.” He affirmed, clearly unconvinced by the boy’s words.

Momentarily surprised, August’s smile soon returned to his face. “Really? That’s boring.” Looking up at him, he continued. “Because you’re a human!...I think.” He looked at Ashraf’s hand, looking at his stone, smiling, and looking back up at him. “Oh come on, use the stone! I can show you I’m not from here!” He said, somewhat loud at first but he lowered his voice. “Just read one of the first incantations you see and I can do it!” He paused for a moment. “Actually, here.” He took off his jacket and turned around, lifting up his shirt and revealing the big star mark on his back. “See, see, see, see?” Ashraf continued to raise an eye at him, though he didn’t look impressed.

“A boy with a tattoo, amazing.” His eyes rolled, before looking back to the stone in his palm.

“It’s not a tattoo! It’s my mark!” He said, putting his shirt back down and his jacket on.

Ashraf chuckled slightly at the notion. “So if you aren’t human, what are you? Or rather, what do you think you are?” He questioned, the sarcasm thick in his words.

“I’m a familiar!” He said, not taking notice of the sarcasm. “I’m from our world!” He began moving side to side, unable to keep still. “They sent me here to complete the trials and become ruler!” He sighed, as did Ash. “You know, our world is awesome and fun but it isn’t awesome and fun everywhere.” His smile faltered. “And you know, if I become ruler, I can make it fun and awesome everywhere! Nobody is gonna be sad! It’s all gonna be fun and cute and cool and awesome!” He said, jumping up and down in excitement.

Ashraf looked back into the stone. “Sure, that’s neat kid, not realistic, but neat.” He stated, his eyes running over the many trans-versing colours on the surface. Clearly this was some overgrow teenager’s fantasy, one that had driven him insane to the point that he actually believed it, Ash had heard of that happening before. “Alright, I’ll entertain you, but after that I want you out of Lionsgate, bad things are going to happen if you stick around.” He noted, keeping his attention on the smooth stone as he rubbed it slightly into his palm. It wasn’t a threat, and that was clear by his tone, but more of a known factor. The town could be rough enough as it was, and running around talking about ‘abilities’ and ‘incantations’, well, people had been killed for less. “So, how do I read out one of these… Uhh… Abilities?” His tone got audibly more silent as he spoke, not wanting to attract any possible attention.

“.....uuuhhh…” He looked embarrassed. “Actually...uh.. I don't know myself. They didn't tell me how it’s done.” His smile returned once again though “Maybe try looking into it! Oh oh-” He continued but he noticeably lowered his voice “oh and tell me what you want me to create. Like a sword or an apple or I don't know. My power is my imagination Right now though, I’m only able to make basic weapons and basic items like clothing, food and such. But they said that if I have a strong bond with a human, I can use more and more of my power!”

A slight chuckle was all the responded to the boy. “Sure you can.” Ashraf continued to laugh, bringing the stone up to his face. Not even the greatest sorcerers he had heard in stories could create something from nothing, let alone whatever popped into their head! Hell, the forbidden scrolls only mention wizards taking days to conjure specific items… Not that he looked at the forbidden scrolls, of course.

“You know what.” A smirking face glanced back to August. “I’m going to put my all into this, just for you, heh, that and I could really use a pint of ale.” August smiled. It was clear by his tone he still thought of it all as a joke, yet Ash was not one to lie, even if it was just a jab at the boy, perhaps this would quell his foolish imagination. Ashraf glared straight into the stone, piercing through it with his gaze alone, his bare palm tightening around it. A serious expression plastered on his face as he focused on it, what came next was definitely not what he was expecting.

“Wh-what the!?” Ashraf’s body jolted backward in shock, his back smashing against the wall of the alley with a *thud*, his eyes still looking toward the stone. Some sort of… Symbols, had entered his mind, they were unlike any he had ever seen, he could have sworn none of the text of ancient language had even shown them, and yet… He could read them? At least, one phrase, the rest was what he would have expected, incomprehensible. “What was that!?” His eyes glanced to the boy, and back to the stone rapidly, a mix of pure shock and confusion drowning his face.

“What was what?” August seemed confused for a moment but his entire face lit up. “Ooooooooooooh! Those must be the incantations you saw! They-” He stopped himself and began speaking quietly again. “They’re what you’re supposed to say when you want me to use my powers! There should be two of them. One to help me make weapons and the other to make items!” His eyes sparkled as he jumped up and down quickly. “C’mon c’mon!”

Ashraf’s mind pulsated at the thought of it all. Surely this was all some sort of trick, the boy seemed the type, but even if he did have the power to put those images so clearly into his mind… Ash knew he couldn’t do what he claimed… Right? Though, in truth, he was curious, curious to the idea that what the boy was saying might just be true. “I only saw one phrase.” He replied, glancing to the overjoyous boy, before back toward the stone. A dim, rainbow light emanated from his touch on the gem, as Ashraf weakly uttered what he had seen. “Imaginatio…” He plainly whispered, eyes gazing rapidly from the stone, toward the boy in worried expectation, and then… Nothing. “See!” A relieved sigh escaped the paladin. “Nothing! You’re lucky I like you kid.” Ashraf noted, slowly rising to his feet.

August just stared at Ashraf. His smile faded and he looked rather serious. “You’re supposed to put more emotion into it! The stone uses your own willpower to create the energy needed for me to use my powers!” His smiled returned after a moment. “C’mon! C’mon! Do it again!”

The boy’s words resulted in a slight scowl from the man, he was definitely going to be the death of him if he didn’t prove him wrong. “Fine!” Ash snarled back, a wave of his hand in an attempt to get the boy to back off. Gripping the stone tightly once more, Ashraf stared into it, the strange images once more flowing through his mind. As he held it, focusing all of what he had into it, or at least attempting to fulfil the boy’s strange request, the light emanating from the stone pulsated.

The more he focused, pouring his attention into it, the brighter the light became. Ashraf stared toward the light for a split-second, curious, and worried, before putting his attention to the stone once more. “Imaginatio!” His words echoed down the alleyway, as silly as they might be, the stone soon dimming after the words left his mouth. “S-See… It…” Ashraf started up once again, his eyes gazing from each end of the alley, before looking back at the boy.

August, with his eyes closed, had his hands together in front of him. He seemed to concentrate for a moment before repeating “Imaginatio!” for fun as he separated his hands. His eyes sparkled as a sudden rainbow aura surrounded him, driving Ashraf’s stare toward it. In between his hand, a bottle of ale materialised from thin air, floating for a mere second before it began to fall, getting caught by August as the aura disappeared and everything seemed to return to normal. He looked up at Ashraf and smiled. “See! See? See?” Who only responded by losing his balance, his back planting back onto the wall as his body slowly slumped to the ground.

The man sat silent for a while, eyes open wide, staring toward the ground, before his right arm reached up, snatching the ale from August. Lifting his head toward Zenith, Ash poured the contents down his gob, finishing the pint in a matter of seconds. He was going to need it to deal with what just happened.

“It came… From nothing…” Ash muttered in disbelief, glaring back to the boy. “I suppose I should return this.” He stated glumly, holding the stone out toward August with displeasure.

The boy looked at Ashraf and tilted his head. “But I told you I need a human to use my powers!” He looked down at him and smiled “And you're perfect to be my partner!” A slight grunt was all that escaped the man as he looked to the end of the alley.

“I told you, boy, if one of the other paladin’s saw what you… What we just did, he’d have both our heads.” Ashraf looked back town toward the ground, his head slightly shaking at the thought of it. “For what you want, we’d have to leave, my home, my nation, everything I’ve worked for.” His tone had drastically shifted from when August had first met the man, it was almost depressing, the knowledge that he could not help this ‘Familiar’, as he called himself.

August continued smiling “So?” He spun around. “What's so fun living in this place anyways, especially if you can't do magic.” His eyes sparkled once more, thought Ashraf simply waved a hand at him. “With my powers, I can MAKE you a house! A castle! A super cool room! And I can make food too!” He looked back at Ashraf. “If I can become ruler, I could make you anything you want! A big mansion for your family, super cool clothes like mine, and more!” He chuckled “I could make this world a lot less gloomy.”

The man slightly chuckled at that. “You really are a child, aren’t you?” A slightly drab question came from him, as he rose to his feet once more, dusting himself off as he kept the stone within his grip. What the boy offered certainly sounded good, but even with his faults, his religion was still what he held far above any material possession. “Come on.” He nodded toward the boy, waving for him to follow as he began to move out of the alley, placing the stone into his chest pocket, August following behind him. “I assume you don’t have a place to stay, it’s the least I can do…” Ashraf began, before stopping, raising an eyebrow at his own words. “I don’t even think I caught your name.” He realised.

August smiled, bigger than he ever has before, his eyes sparkling and his movement showed his excitement. “Haha, Awesome!” He spun around in excitement before placing his hands behind his back, looking up at Ashraf “My name is August!”

Ash glanced toward August with a slight nod, before looking toward his home, one of the many rooms in a three level wooden apartment-like complex. “Ashraf.” He simply noted as he walked through into the basic living space. “So, you hungry?”

Last edited:

There was a cracking sound and the wall was blown to smithereens by powerful shells of solid diamond just as Bruk vaulted off Rak's arms, while Rak himself did a powerful backflip away.

"EXPELLO!!!!"

Ira swung her hand out, eyes blazing a red-orange inferno and greenish light flooded the room as a blast of transparent energy went hurtling towards the female familiar who rose a wall of crystalline structures to defend herself and her Orator.

A gust of wind was what came with the collision and it caused several crystals of the crystalline wall to fracture, break or outright shatter. The wall of crystal fractures even more and more of its pile fell apart leaving a partially exposed Erudite and her master from waist to head.

The pale blue Familiar looked somewhat drained from how she breathed and it would appear from Ira's observant eye that fending off the attack also required feedback on the user.

Saying nothing a yellow pupil glanced in Bruk's way in slight annoyance. Why he hadn't issued an attack to swiftly take advantage of this opportunity was beyond her, and why the buffoon primeape hadn't tried drawing a strike at such a keen advantage was almost infuriating.

But she knew her Herald would not betray her now. Not in this moment where the stakes were at their highest.

"We have no need to continue this, Serina. Leave. You disturb the peace of Avaris with your actions." Bruk said calmly, though with laboured breathing of his own between words. "Do not force my hand. You know what will happen if things continue as they do." The mage warned as Rak raised his bow and arrow and trained it carefully on the opening the she-witch had provided.

Scowling Serina said nothing. She glanced at Erudite who was tired from how long the fight had been going. Lancelot's Spear and Fortress of Aya were the only spells they had and as far as she knew, the only one that existes was that blasted repelling spell.

"Do you yield, Serina? Already you have done more harm than good. Your new strength blinds you. Yield now and leave the city before something worse happens."

Biting her lip Serina's annoyance increased but so did her concern. Eru had told her the risks already, but to think fighting a simple healer would take this long? Then again, she had never accounted his magic capabilities.

"Serina" Erudite stated, her voice a barely audible whisper, her head never moving but her eyes turning in the direction of her Orator. They shared a knowing glance and that was all that was needed to be said.

Opening her mouth Serina made to speak, but an arrow went flying and lodged itself in her shoulder. Instead of a spell a cry of agony, that was barely contained by the bubbling rage.

Expello!" The crystal structure shattered and as it did bits and pieces of cerulean gemstone flew by as both familiar and master were sent flying back into the rubble behind them. With one leap Rak covered the distance and pinned Serina's arm to the ground just as the force of having the wind knocked out of her caused her to drop the Mundus Stone which arced and landed just inches out of her foot's reach.

"Erudite!" Serina cried out in alarm but when she turned she saw her familiar unconscious. Blood trickled from a gash below the cheekbone and the pale blue female remained frighteningly still and unresponsive to Serina's calls as their enemy ganged up and circled her. Squirming and struggling she tried to get out of the arrow that found perch in her silk sleeve but the more she struggled the more a unseen force kept her whole arm glued to the slab of stone that had once been a wall and apart of a living room.

Saying nothing and ignoring Serina's struggles, Bruk moved to look at the familiar, Rak moved towards Serina, staying out of reach but nearby, and Ira picked up the sea blue stone. Eyeing it with a cold, blank stare as her eyes retained a more humanesque presence and the tattoos growing along her skin faded. Glancing towards Bruk who now attended to the unconscious Familiar, Ira felt a pang of annoyance at the action and literal concept of helping a defeated foe. The killing blow was all that was needed here, had she not been in such a bad mood from tonight's frustrating interruption she would have seen reason more clearly and perhaps wouldn't be thinking of--

"Do not do what I know you intend to, Ira." The taller female raised a brow in questioning defiance at such an audacious tone and turned her cool gaze down onto the mortal tending to the filth that had interrupted what was supposed to be a relaxing evening.

"You have a goal don't you?" Bruk said while he made the familiar swallow some rank smelling green liquid that made the sorceress nose crinkle just slightly in disgust but understanding. "Sending her back to her realm does little good for you when you search for servants, no?"

Pondering these words, Ira turned her gaze to the sea blue gem that reflected back into her dark green eyes. "..." The woman sighed. Tossing the stone further away from them and onto a soft patch of sand where it landed without so much as a scratch. "Help the girl monkey" A cold eye looked down at Serina. "You should be happy girl. Any other would slaughter both you and your pet for ruining such a fine night after such a taxing day. Do not betray what has happened here. Or else your familiar won't be the only one returning to where they belong."

In the background Bruk let out a long exhale. It would appear it might be time to leave this place after all.

Randomfella Randomfella

Last edited:
Arisa & Ren - Zenith's Stride - The Next Day, Morning
After some well deserved rest, having fought off the bandits, the party set out once more through the whipping sands of the desert. "My Lady." Mio came to Arisa, showing her some of the sigils from their fallen assailants. The charred markings were mainly of a strange symbol, though one similar in appearance to those seen by the townspeople in the various Iranian towns that she had travelled through. Needless to say, they were not the markings of bandits, but rather, mercenaries.

One of the markings though, from the leader of the group, stood out from the rest. It was burnt to a crisp, almost completely indefinable, but Arisa could tell from the basic outline that it had come from some tribe of her home country. The man's Naginata adding to such a suspicion, a mainstay weapon for important clansmen of many towns.

That being said, the two had an important decision to make. They could ignore the peculiar nature of their attackers and carry on toward the Holy Nation, or possibly look into discovering more about their origin.

Damafaud Damafaud Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Elpida - Zhouni Outskirts, Asia - Midday
4f881f3e6b04ba11d895e26b476093d9.png
Elipda's ears propped up at the sound of the woman's menacing tone, his eyes now seemingly fixated on the scene. She might have out-geared them, from the looks of the blade that hung by her side, but the men outnumbered her, from their dismissal of her, Eli thought it all over, that tended to be how it was, barely a word said either way, with no action to help the weak. He was wrong. He was happy to be, a small smile forming on his face as she placed herself between the men, and the pup. The boy began to jump out as the men attacked, fearing for her safety, but stopped himself as he watched her, it was already over.

As she began to tend to the fox, Elpida slowly approached, squatting at the other end of the pup, looking down toward it sorrowfully. "Humans..." The words flowed through his mouth with a slight distaste, eyes focused on the many bruises they had inflicted, before his gaze rose to look upon the woman. "Why did you help it? Those men could have beaten you badly." He noted in a somewhat concerned tone, his glance moving from the woman, to the sheathed blade at her side, clearly she was never at much risk, though Elpida knew things could take unexpected twists. "Though I'm glad you did." The small boy smiled at her, before pulling a water pouch from his side, filling his clasped hand with it before holding it down toward the injured animal's snout.

Instinctively, the fox weakly bit toward it, digging it's incisors into Elpida's palm, though to little effect, and no reaction from the boy. After a short sniff, it began to weakly lap at the water, dehydrated.

Yun Yun

24.png

cooltext320889067242704.png
Sevana C. Galstyan
(Location: Lionsgate, Germany. )
(Mood: Mischevious. )

(Interactions: Solemn Jester - "Redd The Hunter", Sinny The Clown - "Lucky Leondres" )
(Mentions: Nearby folks. )

Lethargic flutters of her thread entwined 'tail' fluently brushed the enormous branch that was cozily supporting her weight, faint 'pings' of its metallic extremity rebounding off the stiff bark had briefly occupied her abiding monotony as she boringly gawked at the vast stretch of flourishing greenery that happily dwelled within the hushed meadow. Among the verdant blades of wavering grass, a wobbling sea of Beech trees continued to calmly bend their will to the steady breeze, conveniently serving to cast a fair cover of shade over the Familiar's glazed stare. Thus far she'd been oblivious to the untold 'purpose' that she now had served, a brand new world had opened itself up before her very eyes and Sevana still persisted on questioning why this accursed place had left her unanswered, a cryptic riddle in the form of a perfectly round stone lying in the palm of her hand was all the 'information' this foreign land provided. "Mraw?" An inquisitive hum pushed out the filled air from her swollen cheeks, a bewildered announcement had 'struck' the girl after having one of her nails accidentally trail itself onto a rugged impression of the cerulean-colored gem. Almost Instinctively, she began retracing her claw against the slight engravings until it was brought back against the smooth surface of the stone, it was clear that this 'item' had followed a pattern of some kind but any resemblance of a hidden inscription was left to be shown upon inspecting it closer. "HRaa? Bumpy-bumps but no words? Is this flippin' thing broken?!" Thoroughly grasping the object, her first impulse happened to be passionately flailing it about in her bare hand like it were some oddly fashioned magic 8-ball, alas there'd existed no visible wording that had graciously presented itself to her. Mistakenly believing it to be a 'snack' after being heavily influenced by the vigorous rumbling of her stomach, Sevana's last option involved attempting to gnaw on the stone except that only proved to fail in addition to making her teeth ache. "Aouww, i'm sooo hungrrry."

Her dull whimpering synchronized with the unforgiving grumbling of her quivering stomach as she slumped herself forward, making her uncomfortably position her body across the rough branch while her short arms lazily dangled themselves across the sides. Four whole days have passed, yet, between those days she had only nibbled on a scarce amount of scraps that had been discarded by a few of the patrons of a nearby tavern, a favorable place of dining that proudly stood within the confines of Lionsgate, it was a reliable source of food that was enough to keep her growling stomach at bay but it meant treading past the armor-clad men that would always guard the portcullis leading into the city. Maneuvering around these damned gate-keepers always proved to be a pain and there was no feasible way she was able to get past them without going directly 'through' them, climbing the fortified walls of the town was time-consuming and surprisingly noisy, voluntarily trying to enter was met with only strong disapproval because of her so-called deformity, and trying to reason with the citizens was simply impossible because of their stubbornness! Luckily for her, there was always a routine schedule of supply caravans that were allowed access, it also meant that these provided a way in by stashing herself away amidst all the crates, boxes, and other frivolous goods that they had. Albeit, she couldn't just willingly throw herself into some random peasant's freight, inspecting a stockpile of merchandise was basically mandatory when it came to them, in spite of this being a regular practice by the guards, they would never seem to check a fellow guard's carriage, must've been hidden benefits or something. Straight forward as this may sound, it felt like too much of an effort just so she could consume a half-eaten apple that someone decided to throw away! Strands of silver flushed against Sevana's troubled expression as the bulk squalls of wind crashed against her, a delicate sneeze exhausted its way out from the Familiar as her glossy bangs gingerly tickled her nose. The thought of bothering to even parting away her hair from the ongoing breeze was absent, Sevana's mind felt devoided of all but one speculation, one that was enraptured by the forlorn notion of companionship that was prodding at her ever since she'd been kicked out of Lionsgate. Achieving a partnership with one of these 'Humans' was beginning to become vital to her survival, bouts of stealing from merchant stalls littered with food were turning out to be very risky with all the guards lurking about, they'd surely have the girl's head if she were caught slipping her hand into someone else's belongings. "Without a meowster, I'm unsure if I'll ever be able to eat." Caving into her undeniable grief, she wistfully propped herself up against the sturdy trunk of tree prior to curling her knees to her weary face.

A prompt sniffle was brought on by the unexpected watering of her eyes, trying her best to contain her overwhelming feelings of sadness she eagerly began wiping away the impending downfall of salty tears with the front of her forearm. "I don't want to die." Whispering with a muffled cry, a deluge of waterworks was about to make its way until "HAHAAAA!!!" In a matter of seconds, a screeching voice loud enough to shatter the most resilient of windows had caught her attention and almost made her flounder out of the tree and onto the ground. Forcefully digging herself into the bark out of sheer terror, Sevana couldn't help but wonder how someone could have such a deafening voice! Being the naturally curious 'cat' she was, the Familiar had inconspicuously popped her head out from the gathering of leaves that consisted just beyond the branch. "YOOOOOOSH" It hadn't even been a minute before another ridiculous shout had managed peeled its way through the air, eventually leading her vigilant glare to a pair of eccentric looking individuals. Apparently, the voice of the man who had been 'tearing' his lungs out belonged to an elegantly dressed fellow that was 'amassed' in brilliant jewelry that complimented his golden hair, this person resembled an Egyptian prince with the way they were dressed, not to mention how they flaunt themselves about while walking next to his oversized lug of a companion. As for that behemoth? By the Gods of Zephyr themselves, never has she seen someone that freaking tall! Rivaling even the stockiest of males in her village, they were truly an intimidating figure seeing how they would simply overshadow his friend and everyone who was traveling nearby from his baffling height! Encompassing his muscular stature was a large canvas of tattoos that were barely covered by his vest. "Yikes." Upon closer inspection she was just so able to catch a sight of the stitches that kissed his cheeks, it was definitely an eerie sight to behold as she'd never seen a scar like that in her entire life, the only thing remotely close was the battle scars that fellow warriors of her tribe had suffered but nothing that made them seem ridiculously scary! Sevana was soon under the impression that the Golden 'shouty' boy was a foreign noble and that goliath of a person was his 'bodyguard' or a substitute for a pack mule for that matter, from the looks of it they were hauling a whole assortment of equipment. "That stuff sure seems expensive." And like that, a mischevious scheme had popped up in her head. "If I can't make anyone help me, i'll just have to force them to!" A devilish snicker had plucked her frown into a brimming smirk as she wordlessly pocketed her gemstone before slyly shimmying her way down the hulking mass of the tree, once the leather soles of her boots had plopped onto the mushy ground with a soft 'thud', Sevana had proceeded to cautiously tail behind the two while using the tall grass as cover. Eavesdropping on their conversation was a bit easier now that she had closed in the distance, however, it was obvious that the fiery-haired brute knew something was amiss as his paranoia led his focus around him. "Mraw-ha, what remarkable senses! It's clear that he too is a fellow hunter, one that is better than I." Before long she found herself amused by the challenge it presented, it gave her an opportunity to put forth the lessons she had learned while growing up. Sevana soon altered her movement to mimic the drifting clusters of grass surrounding her body, cleverly disguising her body as she crawled. "But not by much."

Trotting hooves followed by a set of creaking wheels alerted her of the opening she had, in a swift but silent mannerism, the Familiar had zipped into the heap of hay being lugged around by wide carriage. Obscure voices filling the air, a smell of delicious food awakening her nostrils, and a click-clacking of metal knocking against hard stone was a vague confirmation that she was inside Lionsgate. When the coast was clear Sevana was able to bring herself out from the side of the stockpile of hay, small sticks of dried grass had stuck to her clothing as she stepped out. A minor inconvenience as it uncomfortably scratched at her head after throwing on her hood but an irrelevant one as opposed to the looming threat of starvation, ironically they too had the same idea! "Meraah.." She couldn't help but groan as she noticed them walking into the same tavern, it was pleasant that she could 'ambush' them now that she had enough time to prepare, although it was also unpleasant seeing how she had to watch them scarf their hungry faces with all these delicious meals, all she could do was bitterly lick her lips from a distance as the supposed noble munched away at his food like a ravenous pig. "Just you wait, before long you're gonna be treating me to a full-course meal." Luckily it didn't take all too long for them to depart from the eatery with their now satisfied bellies, howbeit a turn of events would soon leave them quite unsatisfied once she'd cautiously approached from behind. Trying not to 'spook' them, she tried to blend in with the crowd just long enough before she could seize the right moment to protrude her sweaty hand out from the sea of people, Sevana's heart was pounding, her breath alone was filling with distress as she reached closer to Redd's back. Squirming her dainty fingers, she was able to discreetly loop them around a coil of thread that was attached to a knapsack dangling right below his belt and without a moment to spare. "SNAP!" an immediate sound of a slender rope breaking against the wind had echoed once she had energetically yanked back the satchel. "Mra-haw-haw!" A victorious laugh accompanied her while she charged past the duo, Sevana scuttled just enough away for her to become in plain sight all while creating some space between them so she could teasingly infuriate them in hopes that they'd chase her down to a secluded area. "Missing something? I'd give it back but you know the saying, 'finders keepers', Me-he-he!" Taunting them further, she decided to top off the childish response by dangling the satchel and blowing a raspberry in their direction, at last, she had gotten their attention! A successful reaction but one that held deep regret after witnessing the looming 'monster' of a figure that was Redd, a concerned chuckle left the woman before she transitioned into a full-blown panic. "GAH, DON'T KILL ME, I'M A PURE SOUL!" Noisy screams flung out of the furry-eared girl as she bolted into a dead sprint, Sevana had still unknowingly gripped the knapsack as she fluently but hastily navigated through the dense crowd.

Solemn Jester Solemn Jester , Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool
(It's a biggin post but it be da introduction!)

(I UPDATED IT)

Last edited:
Arisa Hiraku

alishia-human-jpeg.555007

Carriage; Barren Land
Determined; Continuing Journey
Interaction: Mqueserasera Mqueserasera
Mention: Randomfella Randomfella
Arisa showed no reaction other than a nod when Mio showed her the emblems.

"Store them well. I will send a messenger to Merkantile once we have arrived in a settlement to send over some soldiers."

The charred remains of the bandits stained the ground like ink on a sheet of paper. The largest part of the bodies was dragged by Gotou away from the road, but traces of ash and clothes could not be swept aside completely.

As wind passed by, the smell of burning flesh passed with it. Arisa retreated into the carriage, wrinkling her nose. For a lady used to a sheltered life with incensed room and perfumes, the smell was too revolting. She dabbed her nose with a handkerchief, while Mio went to put the sigils with the supplies in the carriage. Once the three ladies were inside, Gorou climbed the driver seat and set off once again.

The matter of hired soldiers should be left to soldiers. Arisa was a merchant. She had the responsibility of a noble to keep her domain safe and keep an eye on her political enemy, but she did not have to do everything herself. Besides, she had been looking forward to this trip. With Ren with her, dallying to look into some bandit's origin would be quite a silly action to take.

Last edited:
Avaris, Egypt - Night
As Bruk returned to his place of stay for the night, if he returned that was, he would come to a room filled with a black smoke. Upon further inspection however, there were no flames, no signs of additional damage, yet any containers had been flipped open, the room scoured during their brief absence. Yet, little was missing, other than a few pieces of currency, it was almost as if the sudden intruder was looking for something.

Avaris, Egypt - Morning
GOLEM.jpg
The new day came with greater disruption, as massive shakes in the earth forced the pair awake, horrified screams erupting from the streets of Avaris. Several hundred meters from their home stood what appeared to be a pile of shapen rock, eight feet in height, almost square in frame. Slowly, it lifted its large stone foot, before smashing it to the ground, another shake of the earth rattling the city, nearby buildings crashing into a mixture of dust and rubble, which poured into the air viciously.

While Bruk might have come across Familiars before, and the powerful magical potential they displayed, this thing was physically different to most, and most notably of all, even if they grew closer no human would be within sight to command the creature. It's massive arms continued to swing at nearby establishments, any resistance it came across resulting in a deep, otherworldly roar, swiftly followed by the poor guards of the area to be smashed several meters away in a single swoop. At all times, one armed seemed to be held to its core, a shining gem within.

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Users who are viewing this thread

Back