• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Familiar Lore

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

• 1179847-fantasy-wallpaper-castle.jpg
    "So... You want to hear the story of MY lands!? Nay, I do not just mean the reaches of the holy empire, but the entire globe we rest upon. One thousand years ago my ancestors fought back a terror that threatened to end the world as we knew it. From that day forth, it was prophesied that my bloodline would rule, but the extended lands seem to have forgotten over time. We will never forget.

They still speak our language, clinging onto it as their own. Aye, some may still speak their ancient tongue, but the old sayings are dying. Unless you're some backwards savage in the forgotten lands, you speak our tongue, Zenurik, though the lazy simply call it common, bah! Wars used to rage over far less, yet it has been calm for so long that some have forgotten the meaning of the world. I have not. Asia, Africa, Europe, they're all simply names lesser beings use for the same land! The land of Zenith! The land of the one true king.

Now you wish access to the holy city itself? Under the command of a foolish child!? Only the pure may enter, and I will see to it personally that your kind never do."

The lands of Zenith spread across Europe, and into the middle east. The lands are controlled by religious zealots, commonly known as the Holy Nation. The religion is recorded to have formed just over one thousand years ago, during a dire time of war and devastation. It is believed that the god king Zenith single handedly brought down a great evil, bringing together the countries of Europe in the process, as well as the rest of the known world. Of course, outside nations may be prone to disagree, but it is true that their language is spoken commonly in all corners of the world.

The Holy Nation is made up of countless lords, and nobles, whom control lands, in service of the king. If one of these areas was to be under attack, reinforcements from other areas would flood in to defend them, creating a wall of counties between them and possibly foes, which are constantly manned by those who serve the royal line. The Holy City is located within the centre of Germany, believed to be the birthplace of Zenith himself, and is heavily fortified, with a belief that it could go for ten years under siege without faltering.

Paladins of the faith, the holy protectors, wear full plate, with chainmail links, and often wield spears as their primary weapons. Platoons of knights are also in their service, whom ride noble steads, and are unmatched in close quarter mounted combat. Common soldiers however normally wear padded leather, or a light chain-mail, equipped with basic pikes and crossbows. If war were to break out, they would likely be conscripted from local towns, forced to fight for their country.

The rules within the lands are quite strict, with harsh punishments on simple crimes, such as thievery possibly holding a death sentence. Practising magic is illegal within their lands, though this rule is mostly held within Germany, as it is too difficult to watch the entire continent.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back