• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Familiar OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Planning to start the roleplay some time Wednesday (US time). Please let me know if there are any queries or questions around groupings, characters, or the roleplay itself. I won't be closing anything once it has started until at least a week or two, but I do require the ability to plan around characters by then.

Randomfella Randomfella I'm thinking of making a mage and but I'm curious outside of the Holy Nation which has magic practice banned, in a place like Ryk'Fang territory or The Imperial Dragons turf how common are mages and how are they treated?

Randomfella Randomfella I'm thinking of making a mage and but I'm curious outside of the Holy Nation which has magic practice banned, in a place like Ryk'Fang territory or The Imperial Dragons turf how common are mages and how are they treated?
Mages overall are rare, in most areas they might be feared or admired, it mostly depends on the people or the towns nearby. There would be mages in the service of the other two factions, since they could have some very useful abilities, and high ranking members would see great use for them. There are mages in the Holy Nation, but they definitely keep to themselves far more, and have to be a lot more careful.

Human magic is a lot more basic than that of familiars, so keep that in mind when creating a character. It's really up to you what sort of environment you want your character to be in, as they likely would want to move to a preferable area. Also you would want to base their abilities around their age, older would mean greater knowledge, but more frail physique, ect.

Randomfella Randomfella could I get an example of what you mean by basic so I don't jump too far when building for him? I understand familiars are capable having far more complex capabilities but an example would give me a good idea of what I should stay away from

Randomfella Randomfella could I get an example of what you mean by basic so I don't jump too far when building for him? I understand familiars are capable having far more complex capabilities but an example would give me a good idea of what I should stay away from
Sure, so what I would imagine reasonable for a human might be some basic elemental magic such as being able to apply high heat through physical contact, perhaps some illusion like creating an image of an object for a short time, or for the very learned an image of a person without sound. You could also do things such as creating light for a certain amount of time, perhaps summoning a small creature to assist you, short range telepathic communication. There isn't any major limits on what can be done, but more the power of their magic. Things like controlling the minds of others of course should be avoided, altering time, anything that is generally looked down upon in roleplays.

Best thing is to talk around what you want to do with the character, and I can let you know if any of the magic is a bit too far out of reach, or the limitations of it.

Randomfella Randomfella Was looking for a new rp and this caught my eye, you still got any space left or you all full up? And if there is space, you need a familiar or human?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back