• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fallout based Nationbuilding

Unless you talked to Gade and he said something about wanting Oregon, what I said from what we know is that the NCR hasn't really expanded past the border they share with Oregon.

Also, unless Gade says otherwise, the NCR should have most of Western Nevada, with the East unclaimed. Why? Because Reno and Vault City, two cities in Nevada, that the NCR has most likely annexed.

Unless you talked to Gade and he said something about wanting Oregon, what I said from what we know is that the NCR hasn't really expanded past the border they share with Oregon.

Also, unless Gade says otherwise, the NCR should have most of Western Nevada, with the East unclaimed. Why? Because Reno and Vault City, two cities in Nevada, that the NCR has most likely annexed.

probably should have written a work in progress on it,  I just wanted people unfamiliar with the map to see it.

probably should have written a work in progress on it,  I just wanted people unfamiliar with the map to see it.

Let me reiterate one more time though, from what we know, the NCR hasn't really expanded into Oregon yet. There's actually this organized cannibalistic society of unknown number up there that goes South for food. It's a random encounter in either Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 that has a group of cannibals try and kill you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me reiterate one more time though, from what we know, the NCR hasn't really expanded into Oregon yet. There's actually this organized cannibalistic society of unknown number up there that goes South for food. It's a random encounter in either Fallout 1 or Fallout 2 that has a group of cannibals try and kill you.

Im aware of that, but Im using the same map as NL, so I was cleaning it up, and i forgot to remove it

It's the Bay. The NCR has a little bit of southern Oregon for Klamath.

and why would all of the Desert Rangers decide to join the FEZLV after pledging allegiance to the NCR?

and how do you have the Divide when it's in California and would be my land?

It's the Bay. The NCR has a little bit of southern Oregon for Klamath.

and why would all of the Desert Rangers decide to join the FEZLV after pledging allegiance to the NCR?

and how do you have the Divide when it's in California and would be my land?

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Ranger_Unification_Treaty

With the Ranger Unification Treaty rendered moot, they'll sign up with the FEZLV. If that isn't motivation enough, Chief H., General Oliver, and Kimball have probably pissed them off.

Chief H. gave them false intel, along with his NCR Rangers, in the hopes of making the NCR withdraw from the region. 

Oliver put them in a position during the Second Battle of Hoover Dam that would've killed them had the Courier not intervened because he was jealous how the Desert Rangers/NCR Rangers won the  First Battle of Hoover Dam.

Kimball forced them to do a brush war in Baja, chasing ghosts, and has them be his personal bodyguards instead of actually fighting the Legion.

Parts of the Mojave region you play in the vanilla game are 'Californian' land. Doesn't mean the NCR controls it. The NCR is also the nation with the most blame surrounding the Divide, and likely wouldn't be able to settle the region as well as the FEZLV would. Oh, and do you want Tunnelers up your ass? Because that's how you get Tunnelers up your ass.

Remember this too Gade, the Desert Rangers didn't join the NCR because they liked what they were selling. They joined the NCR because the Legion was beginning to overwhelm them in Western Arizona and Nevada. They joined, because the Republic was the only option they had.

@TheIrradiatedWaffle OK fine. Maybe 0.9 million might be a bit stretching it but you have to consider that the state,let's call them the Holy Glow, has been around for a long time. Probably one of the first states to exist by bombed-out citizens.But I will decrease the population to 0.5 million if you're fine with it. If I can't have two Hiroshima-sized war-heads, can I have 50 Mini-Nukes then?

Actually, the more I think of it, the more I realise that the Holy Glow is just Ghoul North Korea.

@TheIrradiatedWaffle

the thing is that I can't see someone other than the Enclave and the Institute destroy Liberty Prime while the Brotherhood has the Prydwen, dozens of Vertibirds and enough manpower. Except by blowing up the bomb storage which would be a bit too destructive.

Maybe the power core was damaged in the battle for the institute and now Li and Ingram are preoccupied with trying to get the Beryllium Accelerator running again. 

So that would mean that Liberty Prime can only run on an external power source like the Prydwen and can't move. That way It can only be used defensively.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Boethiah, actually, you do have some more riot gear armor left. Apparently after the Desert Rangers joined after the Ranger Unification Treaty the NCR decided to manufacture some copy cat models using LAPD PD armor they found. 

@TheIrradiatedWaffle

the thing is that I can't see someone other than the Enclave and the Institute destroy Liberty Prime while the Brotherhood has the Prydwen, dozens of Vertibirds and enough manpower. Except by blowing up the bomb storage which would be a bit too destructive.

Maybe the power core was damaged in the battle for the institute and now Li and Ingram are preoccupied with trying to get the Beryllium Accelerator running again. 

So that would mean that Liberty Prime can only run on an external power source like the Prydwen and can't move. That way It can only be used defensively.

But I hav somethibg they dont have:

Dozens and dozens of high artillery pieces and shells from one of the only places on earth that makes them.

Watervilet Arsenal.

In the US*

These aren't really normal artillery pieces. They're static, and designed to destroy ships. You'll have some AA too, but again, these aren't really supposed to serve the same purpose. Mobility would be problematic too.

Ugh...I haven't played Fallout 1 and 2 so I guess I'll leave you to discuss whether his weapons can rival Liberty Prime and why he should be destroyed before the RP if his weapons are that strong.

Ugh...I haven't played Fallout 1 and 2 so I guess I'll leave you to discuss whether his weapons can rival Liberty Prime and why he should be destroyed before the RP if his weapons are that strong.

I agree that Liberty Prime would be too OP for any faction to have in this RP.

What's ridiculous is that what's canon is disappearing because either "2 stron plz nerf" or the slippery slope syndrome. Why not just go like, "hmm, this existed in Fallout/or the real 1950s so X faction should have it."

What's ridiculous is that what's canon is disappearing because either "2 stron plz nerf" or the slippery slope syndrome. Why not just go like, "hmm, this existed in Fallout/or the real 1950s so X faction should have it."

You don't have to be in the RP if you have a problem with so much of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back