• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fallout based Nationbuilding

These aren't really normal artillery pieces. They're static, and designed to destroy ships. You'll have some AA too, but again, these aren't really supposed to serve the same purpose. Mobility would be problematic too.

Ideally, its not like theyd really be trying to move them very much like ordinary artillery, theyd lure LP and fire them at him. Might take weeks or even months, but hey in a war, do wat u gotta

Ideally, its not like theyd really be trying to move them very much like ordinary artillery, theyd lure LP and fire them at him. Might take weeks or even months, but hey in a war, do wat u gotta

How do you move these? By rail? Some complicated, massive cart?

It might be weird too, since they are designed to destroy ships, they might not even be able to aim upwards without modification.

How do you move these? By rail? Some complicated, massive cart?

It doesnt have to be a big one, for instance, a 3″/50 caliber gun with armor pirecing shells could be lugged on something since its only 2,000 lbs, and so long as it pierces the nukes on LP's back, or perhaps even his torso, depending on how thick it is, it could end him.

It doesnt have to be a big one, for instance, a 3″/50 caliber gun with armor pirecing shells could be lugged on something since its only 2,000 lbs, and so long as it pierces the nukes on LP's back, or perhaps even his torso, depending on how thick it is, it could end him.

Lugged on what though? I'm now imagining like a team of Brahmin pulling these around.

And would a 3"/50 caliber even be present in coastal defense installations? This facility was meant for the manufacture of weapons to defend the homefront, so would that even be used to destroy planes or ships? 

Lugged on what though? I'm now imagining like a team of Brahmin pulling these around.

I was thinking a team of slaves from the northern States, but yea, sure. More humane, the better.

But like a large, short railway bought from the Pitt, but mostly, I was thinking, due to the wieght of such a thing and other things the arsenal makes, thered be a crane to lift em up and stuff and a good enough cart to move them. Or, fit the thing with tredds from a tank, which according to wikipedia, they make.

In the later part of WW2 it was an AA gun, during the Cold War too. But the page doesn't mention any non-ship usage. 

I was thinking a team of slaves from the northern States, but yea, sure. More humane, the better.

But like a large, short railway bought from the Pitt, but mostly, I was thinking, due to the wieght of such a thing and other things the arsenal makes, thered be a crane to lift em up and stuff and a good enough cart to move them. Or, fit the thing with tredds from a tank, which according to wikipedia, they make.

Could you cite the year they began making treads for tanks?

And would a 3"/50 caliber even be present in coastal defense installations? This facility was meant for the manufacture of weapons to defend the homefront, so would that even be used to destroy planes or ships? 

Where did you get that it was for defense? I know it makes weapons for ships, plus with the war in anchorage and china the need to transport troops and supplies, it wouldnt be a stretch to transform the thing into a offensive facility

Last edited by a moderator:
This gun shop once produced 16-inch guns and many other weapons for the United States Army Coast Artillery Corps.

It's in the 1880s tab of the Watervilet Arsenal Wikipedia page.

It says it once produced. Doesnt mean it still does it. Of course due to the current operation of the arsenal, we arent going to know whats going on rn. But thats the 1880s, not now. So it is possible that rn, they do create such things for the army.

It says it once produced. Doesnt mean it still does it. Of course due to the current operation of the arsenal, we arent going to know whats going on rn. But thats the 1880s, not now. So it is possible that rn, they do create such things for the army.

Rn isn't as close to the 1950s, the closest thing we have to Fallout lore where it isn't present. 

Plus, with the invasion of Alaska, it's more likely that the facility remains a production center for defense equipment. To put the people at ease. 

Rn isn't as close to the 1950s, the closest thing we have to Fallout lore where it isn't present. 

3″/50 caliber guns began production in 1900 and even if they did create those types of weapons in 1920, that still doesnt mean they dont make other weapons. In fact, they stopped producing that 16-in  in 1946, meaning that they wouldnt be making it in 1950. Mean while, it is still plausible that theyd make a 3″/50 caliber gun

The Arsenal still produces, engineers and develops high caliber weaponry, mortar and artillery IRL today so I don't see why it wouldn't in the Falloutverse.

Plus, with the invasion of Alaska, it's more likely that the facility remains a production center for defense equipment. To put the people at ease. 

They are fighting a war in the Pacific, in a state of total war, there is no threat to the east of them, so they are going to waste precious resources making things that arent even going to be used? I dont buy it. They would have made stuff to help win the war by defending their cargo ships and support their troops to get supplies and more troops to them. Thats what I believe that makes sense, so, deal.

They are fighting an offensive war, they arent trying ti defend anything. China doesnt want to ivade and conquer the US, they want oil

3″/50 caliber guns began production in 1900 and even if they did create those types of weapons in 1920, that still doesnt mean they dont make other weapons. In fact, they stopped producing that 16-in  in 1946, meaning that they wouldnt be making it in 1950. Mean while, it is still plausible that theyd make a 3″/50 caliber gun

Why is your text big?

The 3"/50 caliber was used to take down kamikazi pilots in one shot and it wasn't as effective as other guns during the Cold War, so it was phased out. 

They are fighting a war in the Pacific, in a state of total war, there is no threat to the east of them, so they are going to waste precious resources making things that arent even going to be used? I dont buy it. They would have made stuff to help win the war by defending their cargo ships and support their troops to get supplies and more troops to them. Thats what I believe that makes sense, so, deal.

Although I agree with you on the topic of not needing defensive equipment on the East Coast.

Logistically the US largely wouldn't need any defense for their troop movements due to the fact that they annexed Canada and could move freely from the mainland US to Alaska without Chinese interfierence. (Minus the stealth units but that wasn't common) So the Arsenal would still be making offensive-purposed weaponry to supply the US forces in Alaska. Only time they'd need cargo ships would be during their distraction invasion of mainland China to relieve pressure on the Alaskan front but that didn't last long.

Why is your text big?

The 3"/50 caliber was used to take down kamikazi pilots in one shot and it wasn't as effective as other guns during the Cold War, so it was phased out. 

Copy and pasted the name of the gun.

And no its not, its still being produced today.

Although I agree with you on the topic of not needing defensive equipment on the East Coast.

Logistically the US largely wouldn't need any defense for their troop movements due to the fact that they annexed Canada and could move freely from the mainland US to Alaska without Chinese interfierence. (Minus the stealth units but that wasn't common) So the Arsenal would still be making offensive-purposed weaponry to supply the US forces in Alaska.

Im talking about their invasion of china

They are fighting an offensive war, they arent trying ti defend anything. China doesnt want to ivade and conquer the US, they want oil

The U.S. military's invasion of China was done in 2077 a month or two before the Great War. They didn't need cargo ships before then really, they just ravaged Canada for whatever resources they needed. With that same logic, you could argue that they made the Fatman launcher and T-60 power armor to defend the East Coast, but, obviously, they brought it across the country. Watervilet makes artillery guns today and ships them across the country or even abroad. So what's the difference?

Copy and pasted the name of the gun.

And no its not, its still being produced today.

Im talking about their invasion of china

I know, edited my post.

Also yeah, the 3"/50 is still being produced today but I believe its a different variant. It's used on amphibious transport ships and some Canadian naval ships use it as well. Coast Guard has it as well.

The U.S. military's invasion of China was done in 2077 a month or two before the Great War. They didn't need cargo ships before then really, they just ravaged Canada for whatever resources they needed. With that same logic, you could argue that they made the Fatman launcher and T-60 power armor to defend the East Coast, but, obviously, they brought it across the country. Watervilet makes artillery guns today and ships them across the country or even abroad. So what's the difference?

Theyd need the weapons in the first place to get the troops their without heavy loss of life due to a sinking. Also they invaded china a year before the great war, so theyd need food, ammo, fusion cores, power armor pieces for repair. So it is more than enough to need the weaponry. That is arguable, though that is a bit of a stretch, since these offensive weapons are needed on the west and there is nothing to defend. So it is plausible that in fact they do make offensive weapons.

Case closed. I dont wanna hear about this, or talk about this again. Its just a whole lotta debating, and Im tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back