• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Falling In Reverse.

Preston: A part of him wanted to sleep with him and "just have fun" as she had put it earlier. But every torment from his past came rushing up to him, he didn't want to do this, not again. He claimed that he would never settle down but maybe that was because he never found the right girl for him. Just because he said that doesn't mean that he never wanted to do so. That's why he took on the opportunity when two young teenage boys came to him a few years ago and he started to groom them. If he could find someone that wasn't his bloodline to take on the mob after he was through, perhaps he could retire and actually live a normal life. This was long-term goals for him, he had grown tired and weary of it and wanted it to end with him. That's why after Alyssa he hasn't grown attached to any other woman. But Elaine..well he was always attached to her. Preston lets her kiss him but when it would get to far, he stopped her. "I think it was a mistake for me to come here.." he doesn't move, he could see now that they wanted two different things.

Clicking her tongue she wanted to roll her eyes, pulling the blanket higher up to her chin she looked at him. Blinking a few times she didn't say anything, until she let out a large breathe of air. "Go." She felt useless, disappointed, and slightly rejected. "Stop overthinking your every move, and go."

Preston: He watches her reaction and crosses his arms when she told him to leave. A part of him wanted to be defiant and stay with her but he was hurt too so he stands up and walks back over to the window, opening it and climbing down the vine. Usually he would be careful and try not to make any noise, but he didn't care this time, and almost falls off the vine. He gets hurt when he catches himself on the vine and slides the rest of the way down. Preston walks all the way home, frustrated and upset.

Screaming into her pillow with frustration she ended up falling asleep.
Waking up in the morning takeing a shower and deciding to forget about her rejected proposal. Finding a job, should be her main priority at least today. Grabbing a granola bar, she put on her shoes and began her treck around town. Grabbing all of the applications she could carry, she sat alone at the library listening to the silence as she filled them out, biting into the end of her pencil.

Preston: He didn't sleep, he laid in bed all night, thinking all night. It was finally dawn and he sits up, before tossing his phone at the wall, it breaking in half. He groans, he didn't mean to throw his phone that hard. He would just have to buy a new one it looked like. Well shit, he needed that phone to get groceries somehow. He gets up and takes care of his animals, he would just go the day without food until he got another phone. He would put all his time and energy into his work for the day, trying to get his mind off Elaine.

Walking around the small town wasn't what she wanted yet getting a call from the grocery store wasn't ideal either. Yet Elaine at almost 30 years old, was bagging groceries and smiling at toddlers.
She had to keep reminding herself it was only long enough to buy a car, a new car. And her life would be moving away from her parents and Preston's rejection.

Preston: Work was a major disappointment for him. For once it seemed like everything was on order and he almost wished something would go terribly wrong so that he would have something to do. But he couldn't actually wish that on his men at all. He only stayed for a few hours before deciding to leave. As he was heading out, she spots Quentin and walks over to him. "I need you to help me out. I need a ride," Quentin wasn't a man, he was a boy of only 17 but he was scrawny and new to his mob. His clothes were ripped and he had a nervous twitch. "S-sure thing boss," he agrees to help out Preston.

The air was warm tonight, warm enough for many people to be out and coming into the store. Elaine's hair, was a large puffed up mess from the humidity and many assumed she was a teenager who didn't know how to tidy herself up; Welp until she actually looked at them.
Sighing she waved to one of her last customers hopefully. Her mother liked to remind her she was an adult; a grown woman working at a grocery store. She could have gone to college or married Curt yet, both those opportunities were long gone.
Pulling herself away from the bagging station she excused herself heading outside to use the crappy lit bathroom and add some water to her dried out hair.

Preston: He could tell the boy was completely surprised when Preston lead him to the grocery store. "I need groceries and I don't have a car so I figured I'd ask you," he explains to Quentin though wasn't sure why he did so. He steps into the grocery store and grabs a cart, Quentin following him. Throughout the shopping, Preston asks Quentin what he liked to eat and every time he stared too long at something, Preston added it to the cart. The cart was completely filled when they were done and he goes to the clothing section. He asks what size Quentin was and grabs a few items. Preston doesn't explain his actions to him, knowing the boy must still be confused. Finally he got everything he needed and goes in line to pay.

Sighing Elaine watched the cart rolled up to her small aisle, pulling her curls to the side, she started to ring up the large items. Doing her best to just look down, don't look up. Don't shame herself anymore, an almost 30 year old woman working at a damn grocery store. She sang softly to the music that played over the long line of intercoms, instead of actually looking at him. Looking at him, would cause a million of emotions she didn't actually want to think about. Rejection, happiness, despair, she only hoped he was happier than she was. At least most days.

Preston: It wasn't until he was half-way through his check-out that he noticed who his cashier was but she was avoiding looking at him and he crosses his arms in annoyance. If she was just going to act like he didn't exist, then he would do the same thing. He taps his foot, impatient with the check-out process and he could tell Quentin was getting more nervous. But he couldn't explain to him, that was his personal life and he tried to keep his personal life as separate as his mob life as possible. "What's the damage?" He asks as the last item was rung up and he pulls out his wallet, knowing that it was way more than usual.

Sighing she looked over at him, crinkling her nose as she looked at the register. Why were those numbers blurry!? Was she already old enough for glasses!? Having her own inner panic attack, she called the manager over. And older man, maybe by ten years. "That'll be, $456.87 sir." Looking back at Elaine he scowled. "Whatever is wrong go take it to the bathroom or something damnit." He didn't even seem to notice, nobody did. She knew it was all in her brain, yet she needed air, even if that meant meeting Preston at the door.

Preston: He hands the cashier a wad of twenties to pay for the groceries and sees that Quentin was surprised by the price. "Haha, a lot of food for one person, Mr. Harmen," Quentin says to him and Preston gives him a soft smile, not commenting. Once he got his change from the cashier he looks over to Quentin, "take these and fill up the car, will you? I have something personal to take care of." Quentin does as he is told and Preston sighs inwardly before going outside to check on Elaine. He finds her and could see that she was really upset. "El, I'm sorry. I just think we want two different things," he lights up a cigarette, partially out of habit and partially cause he was nervous to be talking to her.

Did he really think that's why she was out here!? Shooken up because he rejected her, she wanted to laugh. Instead she leaned into the wall, nodding at him. "Oh and I'm sure hope you put that mind of yours away and find what you want." She cracked her knuckles lightly, before sitting down on the dirty ground. Did she really need glasses!? Would she soon start looking like her mother, dear god!?
"Preston, do you think if you and I were together in our 80's you would have loved me? Or would I look so much like my mother it would scare you away. Hypothetically obviously." She added at the end, of course for his own good measure, wouldn't want him thinking she wanted more than she actually did. Didn't want him getting his head out of his ass.

Preston: He scoffs at her question, not sure what she really meant by that. "If we were together for that long, probably. Even if we weren't together I would probably still love you," he wasn't sure where she was aiming for this but it was frustrating the hell out of him. "El, I can't just pretend that nothing has happened but you want to hide and not talk about it. That's not how reality works. So sure, we could be a 'fling' if you want but you know reality will eventually catch up with both of us." He hates that she was just putting an act out and wished that she would be straight with him like he was trying to do the same with her.

"Right, awesome.." she hated the sound of his voice, she hated the way he sounded like such an asswhole. She missed Curt for two or more seconds longer than normal she missed him. Standing up, she rubbed her eyes, hoping maybe she'd be able to see if she rubbed them hard enough. "I actually have to go. See you." Sighing she walked past him and the burning end of his cigarette, she wasn't ignoring him. Yet part of her wished she was.

Preston: There was nothing more that he could do and he watches in frustration and she heads back to work. As soon as she was gone, he punches the wall behind him and snuffs out his cigarette. His hand throbbed with pain but he simply walks off back to Quentin's car. He slides into the passenger seat, his mood completely ruined. He gives Quentin directions back to his apartment. Throughout the car ride he stays silent besides the directions and he flexes out his hand. He makes sure that it wasn't broken and though it hurt he could move it. It would feel better in the morning, he was sure of it.

Being told to go home, made Elaine's stomach hurt. Where was her actual home!?
Her eyes were going, she didn't have any children and as far as the world knew she was living at home like a child. It made her skin crawl, her eyes water with frustration and her mind scramble with pain. This is never where she wanted to be. Not now, not close to ever.
Yet she smiled at her manager and grabbed her jacket, a trip around the block with rocko would make everything better, or maybe just a cuddle in the park. Whatever came first.

Preston: When he gets out of the car he takes all of his bags in both hands. The majority though he left in the car. "Mr. Harmen, do you need help carrying the rest of the bags?" Quentin asks him, still confused by the whole ordeal. "No, I'm good. You're free to go home," he closes the door with his elbow and heads on up to his apartment. He has to set down a few bags to get his key out and opens the door. He left Quentin a bunch of grociers as well as the clothes he had picked out. Preston heads inside and starts putting away the food.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back