• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Falling In Reverse.

Preston: He was disappointed when she said maybe to giving him her number but doesn't show it. Again, what could he expect from her? Her parents probably warned her against him and that was another challenge he would have to beat. He steps into the truck and they drive off into town. Preston stays silent for a few minutes, he was never good with small talk, and wasn't really sure where to start. "How was college?" He asked at last, wanting to know if college was what all of her hopes and dreams turned about to be. He wanted to hear about her experiences and life without him. Even if they separated, he still wanted her to be happy.

Biting into her lip she wondered how much she should tell him, how much she should tell anyone. Holding onto the wheel she messed around with the radio, not looking at him. "I had plans on going, and then well I kinda met someone. Sooo my plans changed, I used the money to rent an apartment with the love of my life, before he died." Clicking her tongue she turned back to look at the road, she didn't want to talk about how she disappointed everyone. Him, because she could have just stayed, her parents for taking all of their money, and not being the daughter they wanted. Curt for not being there when the fire in the apartment started, maybe she could have gotten to him faster?
It didn't matter she had to remind herself, she was back home. Until, well she wasn't sure until when.

Preston: He wasn't sure what to say about Elaine's response. This entire time he thought that he had been the one for her that she could have stayed that they could still be together. But none of that happened and he almost wanted to be angry with her but he couldn't. Instead he felt sadness and more disappointment. He felt sorry for her, she had big dreams, and didn't go out and accomplish them. "Well, I'm sorry that he died," he felt awkward for saying it though he meant it. He didn't necessarily feel sorry for him, but he felt sorry for her and that she lost someone special. After all, if she was happy with him and he treat her right then he would accept that. "I don't want to make any wrong impressions here. Like I said, the flowers were a peace offering. I'm not looking to get back together with you. That was ten years ago and we have both changed. If you're going to be around for awhile, I would like to get an old friend back though." He felt like this would be best for the both of them. After all, she lost the love of her life, and he wasn't sure how long ago that was. A lot of him has changed but there were still things that remained, he was still leader of a mob. Elaine deserved better than that sort of life. And he realized now that he probably will never settle down so he has been grooming some young men to take after him. Being in a mob meant constant danger and there was always a chance of getting caught, he couldn't put Elaine through that risk constantly. But what he said was true and honest, he would love to have her company and become friends once more with her.

Clicking her tongue, she sat at a red lightly, leaning over the wheel. "Yeah, did I say thank you for those!? I can't remember." Looking over at him for a few seconds she looked back at the road, finding the dog kennel, nestled between a grocery store and a run down laundry mat.
Making sure she truck was locked, she made her way inside feeling her friend linger behind her. "Hi, I'm here to pick up my dog Rocko. He's a black lab, pit bull mix.." leaning against the counter she waited.

Preston: "It's no problem," he says rather quietly when she thanked him for the flowers, which was unlike himself to be so quiet. He steps down from the truck and follows Elaine into the kennel. He could hear a bunch of dogs barking and it made him smile, he loved dogs, and hopefully would be getting one himself rather soon. "I've been looking into getting a dog myself. I want a big dog too. My apartment is pet friendly, there is even a fenced-in backyard that is plenty of space for dogs to run around. I would have to pay extra but I don't mind the cost. I would get one at a shelter, ya know?" He talks casually about getting a dog, it was a common ground that they have. He loved all animals, but dogs were his favorite.

Pulling her long curls to the side she looked at him, signing the paper work to let her own dog out. "Yeah, I mean there's a mountain of paperwork to be done but yeah, dogs are some of the best. I'm looking into maybe getting a bird or a cat. I haven't actually figured that out since ya know staying at mom and dads."
A loud bark, scared the crap out of Elaine making her jump almost right into the counter yet, she sighed a very happy sound of relief as she saw her last token of life in the city.
"Rocko was a fighting dog, before the person who was using him finally surrendered him to the county." Rocko was a large black dog that came up to Elaine's hip, massive shoulders and a very large head. Scars covered the dogs only floppy ear, yet his large brown eyes made up for his scars, excitedly his nub of a tail, wouldn't stop wagging once he finally got to see his owner after a week without her.
"Hey baby, you ready to go?"

Preston: He listens to her talk about dogs and possibly getting another animal. Though he never loved all animals like he said, he would never get a bird as a pet. They were nice to look at and occasionally he would feed them at the park but never would own one. He found them to be too noisy. He watches as the dog comes out and greets Elaine. He was such a cutie and he offers his hand for the dog to sniff it, hoping that he would let him pet the dog. "I only have a hamster and some fish at the moment," he comments and pets the Rocko gently.

Crinkling her nose, she hated hamsters. Yet grabbed the leash from the handler and said thank you. "Come on Rock, we gotta get you home and in an actual back yard! I'm sure you'll give my mother a heart attack, but eh." Laughing softly she listened to her dog let out a loud bark of excitement he didn't care, just happy to be out of there.
Getting back into the car and making sure Rocko was safely on the bed of the truck she looked over at Preston "you gotta hot date or can we just drive around for a little bit?" As she surprised as she was to actually miss him, she was even more surprised she was vocalizing it.

Preston: He hops back into the truck and chuckles when she mentions him having a hot date. "Actually I do this time. My hot date is driving around town with her cute dog in the back," he says with a wink and indicates that hanging out with her were the only plans he had for the day. "Honestly though, if your parents didn't have a heart attack seeing me again, they won't have one with Rocko," he stays silent about a moment. Though he loved her dog, he didn't really want to talk about small talk anymore. He wanted to tell her a bit about what he has done while she was away but he wasn't sure how to begin. "As far as 'hot dates' go, I'm currently single. Since you've been gone, I've dated a few people, none real serious. Most of times it's just flings. I'm not really one to settle down. There was only one serious relationship that lasted about three years but we eventually broke up too. I haven't seen anyone in awhile though.." He doesn't mention about the one night stands he had a few weeks ago, thinking it was unnecessary to mention. After all, it wasn't the only one-night stand and wouldn't be the last. But he made sure to be careful about it.

Clicking her tongue she listened, nodding before shrugging why was he actually telling her? They weren't together, sticking her tongue out she teased him slightly to lighten the mood. "Remember to wear protection." In her mind she tried to do the math, the times they'd done it as teenagers and the times they've gotten lucky; a little too sometimes.
"Well after Curt died, I couldn't really afford the apartment on my own, and dating someone saying your pretty much homeless isn't ideal. Yet I'm sure once I'm back in the swing of things my mother will find someone around here, she always has."
Sighing she messed with the radio, pulling the car into an empty parking spot before jumping out, grabbing Rocko's leash she expected Preston to follow. "Tell me more as we walk the beach?"

Preston: He steps out of the truck and walks a few paces behind her. He desperately wanted to walk by her side and hold her hand, but he knew it would be unwanted by her. They were not dating and he had to accept the fact that they would never date again. He did feel more young and more free now that he was with her. He was amused by her comment about using a condom. "Don't worry, protection is always used..." he wanted to say more but stays quiet. The last time they had sex they didn't use protection and it was the most terrifying moments of his life. Ever since that pregnancy scare, he had been more careful. "There's really nothing more to tell, you know I'm still leader of a mob..my life is really uneventful. I don't really talk to my family anymore."

Just normal everyday, mob life she told herself as she rolled her eyes, turning back around she looked at him. For just a few minutes he looked like the 18 year old boy, not man he had so badly wanted to be. Sighing she pushed the thoughts out of her mind, they were adults. They had lives, and somehow they ended up getting all tangled together back then and she hoped they would now, and part of her prayed to god they wouldn't today. Biting into her lip she wondered if he still used the same brand of shampoo or the same kind of chapstick.
Pulling her brain away from the dark thoughts of kissing him, she slipped her shoes off and followed her dog into the cold water. Waves lapped at her ankles as she looked over laughing at Preston.

Preston: He follows suit when she takes off her shoes, he takes off his shoes and socks and puts them higher up on the beach so that they don't get wet. "You know, we can come back again later when we are both more prepared for this.." he liked to be prepared for everything but when it came to her he felt like he never was, not even back then. She was full of surprises and doing spontaneous things like this. He slightly rolls up his jeans, feeling ridiculous and stays at the edge of the water. At least the water was cool and he watches her as she goes further out in the ocean with her dog.

Rolling her eyes she listened to him, turning around she put her hand on her hip. "If you plan for everything you never actually get to live." Clicking her tongue, she watched as her dog went farther out barking and enjoying the water against his skin. Crossing her arms she felt the water hit her own ankles, the clear waves leaving her skin maybe clearer than it was before she got in. Going in deeper, she smirked at him. "Oh come on P, live a little."

Preston: He huffs in annoyance at her and takes tiny steps into the water but doesn't really go much further. "I'm wearing jeans and a nice t-shirt," to impress you he says the last part silently to himself. "What would your dad say if I got his truck soaking wet? He doesn't like me as it is." Even though he never cared for her parent's opinion of him, he didn't want to get his clothes soaked. He was never that big of a fan of the beach but always went because Elaine loved it.

Sighing she rolled her eyes. "Your going to physically make me come get you!?" Calling to Rocko just so she could actually see him, she walked back to the shore. She wasn't hesitant her actions actually surprised her. Swift and before she could or he even could change his mind she grabbed his hand. His fingers still felt the same, she didn't understand why she thought they'd feel different, yet she tugged. Pulling him along slowly with her into the water, once he was out farther than before she let go, going waist deep herself. She could feel her heart pounding in her chest, god all she had done was touch his hand!?

Preston: He was even more surprised by her actions when she took his hand and starting dragging him deeper into the water. He sighs inwardly but doesn't resist, accepting the fate of his clothes. Luckily, the water didn't run as high on him as it did to her since he was taller than her. But he liked the touch of her hand on his, it was soft and warm to the touch just like before. He didn't want to let go of her hand when she dropped it but they weren't dating. We are never going to date again, he had to tell himself this. He had to get it through to his brain that his chance with her was over. He would settle for being friends with her, it was what was best for the both of them this way. Preston watches the waves come in and out. "I want to sincerely apologize for how we ended..I know it was ten years ago and it might be too late, but it wasn't right for me to end it that way. I had just lost my dad and wasn't thinking straight. I hope one day you can forgive me.." Ever since he saw her, he wanted to get that off his chest but he wasn't sure how to say it until now.

"Oh P." She sighed putting her hands on her hips. "You haven't stopped apologizing since I saw you yesterday. Everything is okay. It is what it is." She surprisingly actually meant her words, neither of them could take back the years, months and days they'd spent together but they weren't going to creep back up, and start again.
She didn't want to think, maybe it was too difficult to say they wouldn't start again!? Or maybe she wanted to shut her mind off, going out a little farther, she plugged her nose and forced herself to fall onto her back in the water. The loud barks of Rocko coming to save her, and the waves splashing around her, almost made her forget, that her first love was standing a few feet away. Begging, at least almost begging to fix his wrongs.

Preston: He feels a sigh of relief escape him, glad that she had accepted his apology. After all, they weren't kids anymore, both of them had grown more mature as the years went by. He felt a lot more relaxed too. Maybe this really could be a fresh start. There was a lot more things he wanted to say to her, like what she had all missed and how he had felt, but that could come in time. It would be a slow opening up. A part of him wished that maybe she would leave before he ever got the chance to do so because he was afraid. But those feelings quickly left him as he watches her fall into the water on purpose. He cringes when she does so, afraid that she would drown or get sucked under the waves. He takes a quick step forward, about to rescue her, when her dog came up instead. Either way, Preston wades deeper into the ocean, standing next to her side, just in case she needed it.

Laughing she was attacked by a very large tongue, soaking wet from head to toe, Elaine was happy. Happy Preston had for once just maybe stopped bringing up the past. Why was he so anxious? Rubbing her nails over Rocko's fur, she walked out farther, sticking her tongue out as she laughed at him. "Come on P, the water won't hurt you." Sticking her hand out, she wondered if he'd actually take it. The light glimmering off the beads of water on her skin, making her natural tan glow a little brighter. "Come on P." She said almost pleadingly. "Come play with us."'

Preston: He looks over to her, her soft eyes pleading for her to come further into the water. "You're paying for my dry cleaning," he mumbles to her and takes her hand, letting her lead him further into the water. He wished that he wouldn't have worn jeans today, knowing that once he got out of the water it would drag down on him. They were pretty deep in the water and they had to jump over the waves so that they wouldn't get washed away. He lets go of her hand, hoping that she wouldn't want to go farther. Soon it would be too dangerous to go more. But for now, he took his opportunity and splashes her with water.

Laughing at him softly she rolled her eyes. "Why must you be so serious, we're fine. " pulling her hair to the side she called to Rocko. "I'll pay for your dry cleaning if it'll make you feel so much better." She felt like a child, begging someone to come play. Begging someone, anyone to just be. Waiting, she raised an eyebrow calling to Rocko one more time before he actually appeared. "I'll bring you home, don't want to have to pay for a shirt. Or make you do something you don't want to." Grabbing the tie around her wrist she pulled her curls into a large bun, kicking her shoes off she walked in the sand.

Preston: He couldn't really answer her on that one, but knew that he had grew more serious as the years went by. He blamed that on the mob, he was always looking out for himself and for his men to make sure no one was getting hurt or caught for that matter. It was a constant stress in his life but he couldn't imagine life without it, he was groomed to be a leader since the beginning. But he didn't want to express his feelings about it to Elaine, knowing that she was never found of it. "You're not making me do anything I don't want to. Come on, El, would I really agree to go to the beach if I didn't want to do so? It doesn't matter what we are doing, I'm happy because I'm with you. You're still fun to hang out with." He teases her gently but follows her nonetheless.

"Right." She grumbled at him, this time putting Rocko between the two of them in the car, the large beast would hide any sort of discomfort she had for trying to play like a child when she was a grown woman. Pulling her long curls to the side she pulled into the nearest fast food place, crinkling her nose as she wondered what to order. "P you want something? Or is greesey food not in your diet regimen?"

Preston: Before he got into the truck once more, he takes off his shirt and wrings it out before climbing in. He didn't put his shirt back on and he sighs inwardly, seeing that he had made her upset somehow. "I still eat everything, but I'll just take some fries and a drink. I'm not that hungry," he says when they get to the drive-thru window. He could probably eat more than just the fries but he didn't want her to be spending money on him. It felt too awkward for himself and he didn't want to owe her anything if this friendship wasn't going to last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back