• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood ~

Luness slowly stood up, thanks to Kallin's offer of aid despite both of them being rather weak.

Hearing what Kallin said to Banba, Luness merely offered a weak nod in the direction of the shapeshifter. She still felt rather out of it after the lightning strike.

Luness hadn't even realized the flask was headed her way until Kallin caught it and offered it to her. Blinking in confusion at first, Luness then narrowed her eyes at the flask and Morgrim before taking it from Kallin. Still, due to her lack of trust for Morgrim, Luness instead tucked the flask away in her knapsack, deciding against drinking it. Who knew what the zombie's true intentions were?

Thanks to Banba's aid, Luness soon was mounted on her horse and she found that her hand that had been initially struck by the lightning, i.e. her left hand, was shaking immensely. Curious, Luness used her other hand to gingerly begin removing her glove to her left hand, but almost immediately yanked it back on before anyone else could see under it. Quickly dropping it into her lap to hide the shakiness and whatever she had seen, Luness then resorted to use her right hand, as she held onto the reins of her horse and began slowly following after the group, though she stuck to a far side so as to keep her distance.

Hopefully their next leg of the journey wouldn't be too long.

@SilverFlight @Jecklyn

As the Roc flew away and the group began to continue their journey once more, Leandra silently mused over what Leia said, as she wondered what kind of genre this kind of story would fall under. It seemed to be a mix of all the genres, really.

Overhearing Sinbad and Kallin conversing, Leandra cocked an eyebrow when Sinbad mentioned Kallin explaining himself and the singed supplies at the next camp. What were those two talking about? Oh well, it seemed Leandra would have to wait to find out.

As they continued forward, Leandra felt herself sweating under the relentless sun and she found herself subconsciously shuffling her wings about behind herself. Upon realizing what she was doing, Leandra blinked in surprise and then her wings abruptly stopped their movements, resigning to limply hanging down either side of her once more.

Seeing quick movement in the corner of her eye, Leandra glanced sideways to see Bob charging after what looked like a mini vortex of sand. Amused, Leandra smirked slightly, though she found herself distracted once more, as she pulled out her flask and took a sip of the water. Despite loving hotter weather, this was getting ridiculous for her.

Plus, on top her bright, white hair, now Leandra had to deal with her bright, white wings. Hopefully she didn't blind everyone whenever they tried to look at her.

~~~~~

As the group continued through the next part of their journey through the desert, Luness remained at the edge of the group, her eyes downcast, as she seemed entirely focused on her shaking hand, which seemed to settle here and there before starting up the shaking all over again. Were the muscles damaged or something and causing the muscles to tremble...? Or was it fear she was feeling?

Yet, Luness soon saw an odd shadow looming over her and she glanced up in time to see the large rock face formations around them. Raising an eyebrow at the faces, Luness silently prayed that they didn't come to life and try to kill anyone. Luness wouldn't be of much help in such a fight.

~~~~~

With the large and looming rock faces surrounding the group, Leandra almost immediately felt like a dwarf, her heart speeding up a bit at the mere thought of potentially having to fight any of these things if they were to suddenly climb out of the earth with gargantuan rock bodies to match their face sizes.

Hearing Leia's comment, Leandra grinned slightly, though she couldn't think of a response to the girl.

When it was mentioned that they were almost there, Leandra suddenly realized that Aliphas probably meant they were approaching the desert mist figures' home. Did that mean they were finally going to start getting some answers?

Glancing around at the decorated homes when they entered the camp, Leandra found herself admiring the decorations. Every place they visited was always so uniquely designed and decorated.

Hearing Merias loudly announcing their presence, Leandra almost immediately shrunk in her saddle, not enjoying the sudden attention. She had no idea how the other djinn, which she now assumed was the name of the type of creatures Merias and Aliphas were, would react to the unknown presence.

At the mention of being stuffed in bottles to grant wishes, Leandra immediately thought of the Disney movie, Aladdin. At least he released Genie at the end.

As Merias left the group behind and Kallin dismounted, Leandra followed suit, struggling slightly to avoid tangling herself with her wings. Once she had dismounted, Leandra warily glanced around until someone approached the group. Or...something.

Upon the thing addressing them, though it kind of reminded her of Luness when she was in her werecat form, Leandra then inhaled slowly before taking a step forward and replying, "We are the Heroes of FableWood and we've come to help get rid of whatever evil presence has entered, well, this desert, I suppose."

@SilverFlight

~~~~~

Luness was silent and overly cautious when they entered the encampment and people began dismounting after Merias went to speak with the djinn's king.

Uncertain of everything, Luness would've followed suit in dismounting if she weren't so concerned with the fact that she'd probably end up faceplanting after trying. Her hand kept shaking and she still felt rather stiff after what had happened. She'd probably feel much better one she'd gotten some proper rest and all.

Still, as the others began conversing with the djinn in the form of a dog, Luness hung back on her horse and nervously glanced back down at her shaking hand, as she suddenly gasped while she had a flashback to what had happened, though the memory had been suppressed at first.

Seeing herself trying to help Kallin by handing his staff back to him, Luness then almost screamed in surprise and fear, as red lightning arced towards her and shot painfully through her body. Her muscles all immediately tensed in a paralytic state before relaxing to an extent and leaving Luness with an amounting stiffness throughout her body and her now shaking hand.

After the flashback receded and Luness returned to reality, she found her hand shaking more so than usual and in the moment, all she could think about was the branching scar that she'd seen spanning from the back of her hand and up her arm. Having not checked her whole arm to see where the scar stopped, Luness could only fear how bad it really was.

After the initial strike against her body, Luness' glove was a bit torn now, though she refused to fully remove it since the scarring would then be more prominent. She didn't want Kallin to realize just how much he'd hurt her. She could only imagine how guilty he'd feel after that. What if he tried to push her away again?

@SilverFlight

Morgrim had meant the flask as an offer, if she wouldn't accept it he wanted it back. "If you will deny my gesture be sure to return it. I wanted to help, but if not please return my flask. It is worth far me to me than a new decoration for your saddlebag." He spoke dryly, feeling quite irked that the people preached trust, but so far he was being given little. Figures as much is all he could think. He stayed close though to Luness, he could tell she would have an impossible time throwing even a small flask back with the hit she took, so he extended his hand in her direction. "Please be so kind as to return it to me, they are not easy to replace." It was true even to the visible eye, he was only carrying three when he went into the desert.

@Lioness075

He kept his wits about him, and followed the others, remaining closer to the back of the group, he liked having his eyes on everything about him, so nothing could sneak up on him. Despite the entanglement with the Roc most looked no worse for ware, and that gave him enough hope to smile. Maybe this group wasn't so bad, and maybe they would last a whole lot longer then his last one. It wasn't long before they made it to the Djinn encampment, and it was actually quite a beautiful place, despite its more tribal appearance. The arts and cloth and jewellery decorating each place gave it a feeling of a place lost in time, and culture far different from his own he actually liked it all. He admired it all though in a cool and calm silence, taking in each sight one at a time, analysing and admiring the plethora of aesthetic appeal. "Nice place..."

@SilverFlight

Takeo watched Leia go to her horse and tried his best to keep a straight face at her little fumble, but a small snicker left him. Quickly he turned his horse around so she wouldn't see his little slip up. When the journey started he moved his horse next to hers and gave her a small smile. "At the camp if you want I can show you how to mount without having a mishap." He offered teasing her just a bit before his eyes looked at the path ahead of him. Holding the reins loosely in one hand he leaned forward on his horse and yawned. The heat beating down on him was intense and he was exhausted from climbing up the Roc. True Leo had healed him, but the mental exhaustion was still there. He had been with this group less then a week and he was pretty sure he looked at death once or twice. "This life is pretty wicked." He muttered, a smile decorating his face as he rested his chin on the horse's soft mane.

He was careful not to fall off is horse and kept himself awake just incase of another unexpected attack. As the rocks started to change he raised an eyebrow at them. "Are those natural?" He asked in a quiet tone, though really only his horse could hear him. He gazed upon the stones with interest. HIs attention was drawn away when he heard they had arrived. With a low grunt he pushed himself into an upright sitting position and rolled his aching shoulder.

Upon entering the camp he slowed his horse to a stop and looked around at the residents of this place. 'Wow... This day get's more and more interesting....' He thought before he looked at the others curious of their reaction to this place. Was this normal for them? Or is this something new for them as well?

After a small bit of gaping he turned his attention back up front when he heard a voice that seemed to be addressing the entire group. Takeo got off the saddle with ease and gave the one that talked to them a kind and smooth smile. "I'm pretty sure we are not regular travelers, unless it's normal to face some wyverns and a Roc... If that's the case... Then I wish I arrived her sooner." He said in a joking tone as he scratched the back of is head still giving them his nice smile. "Oh, my name is Takeo Mayumi and from what I know we are here to help with the temple situation." He said as he turned back to his horse and petted her soft mane.

@SilverFlight

Leo gave Nyr a concerned smile. He could tell that whatever had happened to her was weighting on her mind heavily. When she spoke, Leo felt a bit releaved but could still feel the concern pulling on him. "It always does." he said chuckling at her comment about the difficulty of their battles. Thought the fight with the Roc had been relitivly quick, Nyr was right it had been more difficult to fight something without having the means to reach it.

@DawnAntalios

Leo climbed onto Bruin who had backed away from the fight rather than run off with the horses. As Leo passed him, he gave Otto a reasuring pat on the shoulder for having helped Quincy with the horses. "The two of you did a great job keeping the horses from running off. Good job." Otto beamed at him as he watched him go. The young wolf was glad to here Luness was alright, and he turned his horse to follow the others.

@Flutterby

As they made their way through the last part of the canyon, Otto trotted in the middle of the group happy as can be. With what Kallin had taught him he had been able to pick up the basics of ridding along on the horse like he had been doing it for much longer than a few days. Now his horse seemed to mimic Otto's personality and was a bit on the excited side as they walked. It wasn't until the group made it out of the canyons and Otto's attention was taken by the giant faces in the rock that he and the horse calmed down. "Whooooooaaaaa..

Before long, the had arrived and Otto's attention was taken from the faces to the multiple Djinn in the encampment. As they entered, Leo too marveled at those who called this place home. His interest was even more peaked when the dog walking on two legs walked up to them and greated them. Leo climbed off of Bruin and gave the Djinn a courteous bow after Leandra had introduced the group. "I am Panthera Leo, but you may call me Leo as everyone else does.". Otto watched the Djinn dog as he came over to greet them with wide eyes. He jumped down from his horse immediately and shifted into his wolf form. He padded over beside the green dog and tried his hardest to mimic the dog by standing on his own back legs, his goofy canine grin stretched from ear to ear and he tried very hard to balance himself. Only for his legs to trip over themselves and he end up falling flat on his face.

@SilverFlight

banba giggled when spoken to by Kallin, rolling in the sand once Luneness was on her horse. she herself returned to her camel form, padding calmly alongside the herd of horses. when the stone figures came into view, she let out a loud giggle, running ahead of the group, shrinking down and growing wings. she took off as a small sparrow, swiftly flying around the faces. she came back to a clumsy land in front of the green dog and Otto, just being missed by the werewolf's fall as she rolled past. standing up and shaking the sand out of her feathers, she waddled her way back to Otto, jumping on his head and settling there, cooing peacefully.

The dog looked at the heroes and his eyes widened when they explained.

"The temple?! You would risk braving the undead?" He was clearly impressed. "I do not know why you would strive to help us so when you have hardly met us, but..." He glanced back at the small crowd of djinn gathering. "We would be eternally in your debt."

"There's something else." Leia piped up, struggling to get out of her saddle. Bob provided himself as a step ladder.

"We also need to restore the river that's run dry near the human city."

The djinn nodded. "The source of the river comes from deep underground, I have heard there is a point deep within the temple that the river flows closer to the surface. It may be that whatever now controls the temple has also tampered with the flow of water...water is so precious to you creatures of flesh."

The dog eyed Banba approvingly. "Shapeshifters are always welcome here, flesh or otherwise." He remarked.

@Jecklyn

Leo introduced himself and the dog bowed his head in respect. "Well met esteemed friend."

"You are welcome to whatever we have travelers, we do not eat, so we cannot give you food, but I've been told the water in this oasis is potable. Other than that we do have soft things you can sleep on. Please, feel free to rest."

@Peaceswore @Lioness075 @zCrookedz

After the introduction Leia sauntered over to Takeo. "I'll take you up on those horsemanship lessons." She said with an embarrassed smile, anything to look at least slightly competent in the saddle, she heard the djinn trying to hide laughs as she had dismounted.

"Start your teaching."

@Peaceswore

Kallin stayed for the introduction to the camp and then scanned the scene for Luness. He found her set off to the side. Letting a djinn take his horse to be tended he made his way over to her.

"Are you sure you're all right?" His voice was still filled with concern.

@Lioness075

In reaction to Morgrim the djinn seemed perfectly unperturbed. They greeted him pleasantly and without a hint of judgement. Flesh to them was the same rotting or whole.

"What do you do?" One asked in curiosity.

@Morgrim

A small djinn in the form of a falcon raced overhead, landing in the sand before Nyr. "You smell like a roc." He stated with the voice of a child. "Are you a roc?"

@DawnAntalios

Aliphas snorted irritably. "Now that we have introductions out of the way and it is certain we will not end you, will you be so kind as to remove the chain?"

He glared at Leo, holding up his burnt wrist.

@zCrookedz

Last edited by a moderator:
Leandra decided against telling the djinn that they hadn't originally come here to save them, but instead were here to try and stop Caraboss once and for all. Helping the djinn was more of a side quest in a sense than anything else.

Hearing the mention of the water in the temple, it only further solidified the decision to Leandra that they had to get there as soon as possible. Though, some rest did sound well-deserved and definitely necessary in the moment.

Realizing she'd never introduced herself to the dog djinn, Leandra considered it for a moment before reconsidering, as she wasn't one to easily trust another. The djinn didn't seem too concerned about it anyways.

Upon hearing the mention of water, Leandra decided that she'd refill her water source later, as she still had a bit leftover and was far more tired than anything else. Luckily, she still had a few tidbits of food as well.

As her horse was led off, Leandra kept her personal knapsack in one hand and her staff in the other, as she had no idea how to get her knapsack on now that she had seemingly sprouted wings.

Sighing at this annoyance, Leandra then wondered where said soft things were for the group to sleep on. Glancing at the dog djinn, Leandra then asked, "Um, where are these soft things for us to sleep on?"

@SilverFlight

~~~~~

Luness had been rather distracted when the dog djinn introduced the camp and all so she was a bit surprised when Kallin seemingly materialized beside her.

Blinking once out of surprise, Luness then quickly moved her left hand to the side so as to try and hide its shakiness from Kallin before she said, "I-I'm all right. I think. I, uh, can't dismount without help though...I think I'd end up falling over...or something."

Annoyed with being so weak, Luness dropped her gaze to her lap while waiting for Kallin's response. She could easily tell he was concerned, but she didn't want him so worried about her. She'd be fine, right? Except now she was a bit terrified of touching Kallin again. What if she was struck by the lightning once more?

@SilverFlight

Leo nodded as he reached and undid the chain from around Aliphas's wrists. "I do apologize for this my friend, but we could not be to careful." Tucking the chain away, Leo examined the surrounding area once again, taking in all the different Djinn that where around them. He began to notice that a great deal of them were admiring Achyls with whispers and great interest. This had been on Leo's mind ever since they had run into Merias and Aliphas in the desert. Leo casually gestured to the green dog "Why do your people show such interest in our team member Achyls? Meridas and Aliphas mentioned in the desert that it would be best for your king to explain it to us?" Leo had multiple reasons for wanting to meet this king of such powerful beings, but the explanation regarding Achyls was at the top of this list.

@SilverFlight @SkywardSocks

Otto lay there on the ground for a moment until he felt the soft little feet of Banba's bird form. He laughed as he stood back up to his four legs and looked over the group. When the mention of water and beds was mentions, Otto's ears perked up. His head whipped from side to side looking over the area until he spied the oasis. He gave a yipping sound in Quincy's direction, he knew that out of everyone in the group she needed water the most. He wasn't sure if Banba would hold on or simply flutter off when Otto bolted towards the oasis in his wolf form, but none the less he made a B-line straight for it. When he reached the waters edge, he placed his snout above the water and sniffed it a bit before beginning to lap the water up. It was cool and very refreshing and tasted a lot better than the stuff they had been carting around in their canteens.

@Flutterby

Nyr nodded to Leo and smiled at him. She sensed the disturbed feelings slumbering within the elder warrior - but she did not have time to contemplate on this. They needed to push forward so she just meekly chuckled and followed the others. The vast canyon they entered was truly breathtaking, as they entered into the heart of the desert more and more beauties revealed themselves and even the young raven was amazed by this. This marvelous experience was overshadowed by the disturbing feeling within her. She felt something she had felt a very, very long time ago... maybe only once or twice when she was but a small hatchling. It was familiar but slightly disturbing... but she could not explain why.

It was this time while she was contemplating that the djinn approached her and asked his question. Slightlz surprised, Nyr looked at the strange creature and shook her head.

" No, I am no Roc. " she said " I am a raven... a dread raven. We are both avian creatures but we differ in more ways than one. "

As she spoke she felt the heartbeat increase in power and to her surprise she heard a faint whisper.

" We... are reunited.... " the weak, shadowy voice spoke. Nyr looked around but she could see no one, yet the voice continued to speak. " Thou hath been... disconnected... seek her out... she knows what to do... "

" Her? What do you mean? " she spoke out louder than she expected. The strange vice seemed to point into a direction somehow.

" Thy kin... the raven... "

" Achyls? " Nyr asked, surprised, but this time the strange voice did not answer. She looked in the direction of her sister and was surprised. She knew her to be incredibly powerful, but what on earth did this msterious voice want her to do? Reluctantly she started to walk towards her and smiled. If anyone could help her then it was her beloved sibling.

Arianne said nothing but followed the merry group of heroes through the canyon. Truth be told ever since her power started to wane she felt completely useless and that infuriated the little girl. Even though the power started to return to her she still felt powerless to act - the appearance of the Roc was bad enough but she knew that it was nothing compared to the horrors they will face when they face the dreaded witch head on. She wanted to find a way to become more powerful...

Strange memories poured in her ind daily, memories that she could not possibly remember. Pictures of eras long passed, stories of ancient heroes... she did read a lot of books but she did not remember any of these being fairy tales. No, she felt these to be quite real, something she had experienced from the past. But how was this possible she know not. In any case, the flow of thoughts disrupted her from becoming more powerful and this bugged her to no end. Memories will not save them when they face the darkness...

Achyls had more or less fallen asleep during the journey, waking only when a familiar scent filled her nose. It was neither pleasant nor vile, just...different. All around her, she could see the eyes stopping to focus on her, and an odd dread washed over her. Why her? Why not the huge lion man? Or the mysteriously clad mage? What importance did she have in all this...and why couldn't she even remember?

"Nyr?" she called, getting from her horse and meeting her sister. The smile Nyr held was calming, but the whispering that occurred about her was sending shivers down her spine, "Are you quite alright, sister?".

Perhaps asking questions of another would somehow help her disconnect herself from this odd moment, she hadn't even heard Leo speaking about her.

@DawnAntalios @zCrookedz

Takeo smiled at Leia and looked around for a place that wasn't too crowded so they could practice. Finding a spot that wasn't far, but it was out of the way of everyone else he nodded his head in it's direction. "Sure thing. Let's practice over there so you can get the hang of it." He said with a grin before he took the reins of his horse and lead her over to the spot. When they arrived he looked at her and thought about it. "Hmm How to help you get on the horse?" He walked over to the other horse and inspected it a bit. ".... I think I need to adjust the saddle just a bit... Give me a sec." With that he let go of the reins to his horse and moved over to Leia's horse.

Taking a glance at Leia and then back at the saddle he nodded and adjusted it just a bit so it would be slightly easier for her to get on. "It was a bit high for you. I saw how you kept using your friend as a stepping stool so I figured this should help." backing away from her horse he moved to his. "Just watch how I get on and see if you can copy it." He said kindly before he faced his horse. With that he place on foot on the stirrup and doing two small bounces he put all his weight on the leg that was in the strip before lifting the other one to straddle the horse, holding the horn of the saddle as well softly holding the horses main. "It just like a small jump, nothing to it." He said as he maneuvered his horse around Leia and waited for her to try.

@SilverFlight

Malachai followed along on his mount behind everyone. He brought up the rear save for Kallin and Sinbad. He silently took notice of the changes in scenery, looking upon the rock faces with a smile. He liked changes, he liked imagination, he liked different. These rock formations were different. The genie camp they rode into brought different to the table. He watched from the rear of the group as everyone made introductions, he smiled quietly at all of the interactions. His ears perked up a few times when he heard Achyls' name mentioned, not strangely he felt very protective over anything that could have a negative impact on her. He reached down to his saddlebag and pulled his sack up onto his lap. From it he retrieved a few pieces of dried meat, offering some to his mount and friend. "Great job bud, thanks." He felt he was being aloof, none of the djinn approached him just yet, and that was okay. It allowed him to better watch over everyone, not that they needed it too much, but it gave him something to do. For now at least.

The dog grinned at Leandra, baring sharp-white teeth. "Where you flesh creatures usually put soft things I think, in the houses. We use the far houses there, with the blue adornments for travelers and esteemed guests. Please, feel free to choose one for your needs." He gestured with a sandy paw.

Kallin paused for a moment, then lifted his arms to help her down. "There spirits seem to know a little about chaos magic. Merias said its gone...for now. As long as I don't cast it probably won't happen again..probably." He felt awful, battling with a desire to help and a worry of what would happen if he tried. Before he could truly make up his mind however a gust of wind concentrated at the base of the saddle, aiming to lift the werecat gently down and onto her feet. Tad materialized behind them with a gentle whistle.

Kallin narrowed his eyes in a smile. "Little spirit seems pretty happy out here. So does Bob...I guess earth and wind are the only two elements that have any real pull in this place."

Now that he thought about it they did seem stronger, they didn't even seem to be irritated by each other anymore.

"I think we should explore." Kallin offered as several djinn offered to take their horses.

It took a thorough look but Kallin discovered that the cliff wall where the houses were built was not a solid wall but filled with small passageways, not enclosed overhead but open. Stone houses and archways actually spanned the gaps. Further down one of the natural alleys Kallin could see that the cliffs opened up again to reveal more buildings, even a small dug out canal that channeled water into the oasis.

"This looks pretty permanent for a camp." The mage wondered as a djinn passed them leading his horse.

"We chose this site because it was a kingdom once. A human kingdom. Good location, defensible. We have had some undead warriors poking about, but they never got past the outer cliff walls. The heart of our city is in the center of the cliffs, through those passages."

@Lioness075 @everyone

canyon_city_by_zackf.jpg

Aliphas rubbed his wrist with a growl, glancing at Leo irritable and giving him a begrudging nod of thanks. To further his good will he answered the guardian's question.

"Is that her name? Achyls...hmm. My people believe she could be Juz'Ummah, it is a very old term, for a very rare people. The king will explain more to you. He is in the center of our camp."

With that and a puff of orange smoke he transformed into a man, red cloth covering his head and an ornate blade at his waist.

"I suppose you and your friends are welcome here...for now, but I will make no secret of the fact that I still do not trust you...nor will I deny that we still...rrr, we need your help."

Aliphas%20human%20form.jpg

The small djinn that had addressed Nyr flew up to perch on her shoulder. "Are you going to save us?" His fierce, falcon eyes regarded her hopefully. "From the dead warriors I mean...They want to catch us for their masters...that's what some of the grown-ups say. They want to force us to fight for them...you'll save us though won't you?" When Achyls approached the small djinn took one look at her and squeaked. "You...you smell like us!"

@DawnAntalios @SkywardSocks

Leia listened and watched as Takeo explained the first steps of horsemanship. Bob sat beside her, blowing into the sand with his hot breath and watching the small grains fly away from him. Suddenly he stood up and bumped Leia with his nose. She patted his head absentmindedly. The creature huffed and grew, piling sand onto his form to make his legs longer and his body broader.

"I think I got it." Leia replied, watching Takeo climb into the saddle, he made it look so easy...

Suddenly Bob dipped his head, crouching and sliding under Leia's legs to stand as she let out a surprised yelp. She clung to his now elongated neck. "Bob!" and the creature looked at her, now lithe and slender like a dear, though still sporting large ears that flopped slightly as he moved. He barked impatiently.

"I think Bob thinks he'd make a better horse." She laughed. Then she had a crazy idea.

"Hey, let's see if he's right. Care to race?"

@Peaceswore

Nyr smiled at Achyls happily. She was glad to finally be able to speak with the raven girl, it felt like an eternity since they have last discussed anything.

" I am fine... and I am not. " she said, a bit torn about how to reply. " It is difficult to explain... but it seems that you are well loved here. Truly these djinns recognize true power. "

Upon saying such words the dark presence started to stir within her, reminding her of the duty she had to perform. Now that she knew what purpose she had Nyr turned back to ask away what she wanted to but then the small djinn interfered with his questions. He seemed to be younger and more innocent to her than the others... although this could have been a ruse as well, the powerful entity concealing his power. Turning her attention to the spirit like creature she spoke.

" We will try our best to shelter you from the wrath of the undead. " she said " Although some of us will be certainly more suited for this task than the others, I am sure about that. "

She now turned to Achyls again.

" Sister... I wanted to beseech you for your help... "

" I shall... speak to her personally... " the dark voice surprised the raven girl and then a presence, shadowy and gloomy manifested briefly before vanishing again " Oh I have forgotten... thy body is my shelter... but also a prison. Very well, spoke thy mind, dread raven. I shall observe thee for now. "

The strange event startled Nyr at first but then she focused her mind once more, addressing her sister.

" No one I know has mastery over the darkness like you do, beloved sister. I... " she did not really want to reveal her waning mastery over the light so she invented something quickly " I would ask you to teach me, you are my only hope. " She fell to her knees, bowing respectfully before the raven girl " Please. "

Leandra nodded at the dog and then said, "Thank you...um, what's your name? I don't think I caught it if you said it before."

Now knowing where they could rest, all Leandra wanted to do was go to sleep and drink some water, but she figured holding a conversation with one of their new allies couldn't hurt.

@SilverFlight

~~~~~

Luness nodded at what Kallin said, though she still couldn't hide the sense of unease she felt at the mere idea of accepting his small gesture of kindness in allowing him to touch her to help her down. Luckily, Tad relieved Luness of making such a decision, as she suddenly and temporarily was airborne before she landed softly on her feet beside her mount.

Wincing slightly as her blistered and healing feet touched the soft sand, Luness then glanced back at Kallin in time to hear him speaking of the spirits. Nodding at this, Luness then said, "They sure do seem to be enjoying themselves here."

At the mention of exploring, Luness' natural curiosity was instantly piqued and her nerves were temporarily forgotten, as she grinned and soon joined Kallin's side, though she did keep her left hand hidden from him so she stood to his left. If she was lucky, he wouldn't notice so she wouldn't have to reveal anything.

Hearing the history of this place, Luness merely nodded, as she wasn't really sure what to say in response, though it was a smart and definitely defensible location.

@SilverFlight

Takeo leaned on his horse's head and watched the small display Bob was giving. Letting out a small laugh he kept his smile on before sitting up straight when he heard the challenge. "A race?" He asked again clarifying. His smile turned to a confident smirk and a small glint appeared in his eyes. "You are sooo on." His voice brimming with confidence. Wrapping the reins around one hand he looked at Leia his smirk not leaving. "Since it your challenge why don't you pick out the course. It may give you a much needed advantage." He said with a small laugh, of course he wasn't trying to be rude or anything of the sort. It was just a friendly jab....and he can kinda get competitive over this type of stuff.

@SilverFlight

"........... Where?" A white haired boy mumbled as his eyes fluttered open. His vision was very blurry and his mouth felt really dry. He lay there for a bit before he started to feel around the area he lay. ".....Where?" His voice was struggling a bit from being so parch. His hands moving at around him faster as he seemed to be searching for something. With his hand unable to locate it he sat straight up in the be he lay down in and slowly looked around turning his head to the right and left, his movements a bit sluggish as he was half asleep. Another minute passed and he wasn't able to locate his item. He let out a yawn and rubbed his eyes now starring in front of him trying to remember what was going on.

Stretching a bit he slowly moved his legs off the bed and smacked his dried lips before shakily standing up. 'Right... I went to the desert...to find my brother...I got thirsty and soon I went and took a nap on the sand... Why am I here?' He wondered as he took in his surroundings things slowly catching up to him. 'Someone brought me here... Where is it?' He wondered as he started to search for his item. Luckily for him he found it under the bed, with a relieved smiled he took the satchel that obvious had a circular object and placed it over his shoulder. 'Thirsty...'

Getting up from the floor he looked around again his vision clearing and his alertness going back to normal. He walked over to a table and saw a glass of water. Looking around he hesitantly went over to it unsure if he was allowed to have it. After a bit of deep consideration he grabbed the glass and drank it in one gulp. When the chilly water touched his lips he let out a sigh of relief. The glass still in hand he looked around. "Where do I fill this up??" He wondered out loud. He couldn't find a sink so with the glass in hand he quietly shuffled over to the door.

When he opened it he shielded his eyes from the bight light. When he could see again he looked around and was very confused at the slight change of setting. "Where am I???"

@Anyone

Achyls stopped in her tracks.

"L-like you?" she asked the little Djinn that had taken a liking to Nyr's shoulder. "How can I...?". Her mind buzzed, and she took a step back. Shaking her head, she looked to her sister, who had now fallen to the floor.

"Sister, if I knew what it was that allowed me to do such magic, then I surely would," she stated calmly, while on the inside, she felt dizzied by it all. First, she was recognised by the Djinn and now Nyr, the one who she believed to be all powerful, was asking her for help! With a gentle hand on Nyr's shoulder, she too sunk to her knees to meet her.

"When the time comes that we may be at peace for a time, then I shall do all I can. For now..." she shook her head a little, a small determined smile on her face, "there is a matter at hand I must attend to. I'm sorry sister,".

Getting back up, she held a hand out for her sister to take. If she so wished.

@DawnAntalios @SilverFlight

(Very tired, apologizing profusely in advance for this post's suckiness)

Quincy followed dutifully long behind her companions, her stride carrying her well despite the long day of travel under the sun. It was difficult to focus on the conversations around her, even when they stopped at the djinn camp. Her eyes distractedly swept over the area, not truly seeing anything until Otto bounded away and yipped at her. She furrowed her brow in confusion until she saw the oasis beyond him. Her face broke into a relieved smile and she left the safety of the group to follow him. Her form changed as she walked, sluggishly. In human form, her skin had grown pale and her eyes had dark areas beneath them. But as she crouched at the edge of the oasis and slipped her hands beneath the surface, her eyes slid shut and a look of pure, enraptured bliss took over her face, and in just a few moments her color began to return. "Thank you Otto. Youve been very good to me today." She said softly, her voice quivering with the strength of her gratitude toward the pup.

@zCrookedz

The dog djinn turned, surprised that she had asked his name. "Balthazaar." he said with another grin. "Pleasure my treasured guest. I am here to serve. Do not hesitate to ask of me what you will."

@Lioness075

A small white djinn in her mist form floated over to Malachai. "A thousand pardons noble warrior, but are you by chance a dragon? If so I am in need of your help!" She glanced urgently as the door to one of the small stone houses. "We found another traveler, lost and exhausted in the desert...I think you might be able to help him."

She floated forward and gestured for him to follow. "Oh! He's awake already!"

@andujarprime @Peaceswore

Satisfied with the answer the falcon took flight again. "I knew you would! And when you need help, maybe one day I can help you!" With that the djinn was gone, away int the sky.

@DawnAntalios @SkywardSocks

Leia grinned at Takeo's enthusiasm. "Okay, over to the oasis, down that passage, into the city square, around and back to here. Got it?" If she were still on her horse she wouldn't have dreamed starting a race with anyone, let alone Takeo, but she trusted her spirits with her life, and sitting on Bob's shoulders she felt like she could go as fast as she wanted with no fear of falling. That would be determined.

"Ready?..." Bob crouched and Leia leaned forward on his neck. They waited until Takeo had lined up beside them. "GO!" Leis shouted and Bob surged forward, springing like a gazelle over the uneven sand.

@Peaceswore

Kallin marveled at the architecture overhead as they walked down the narrow stone passage, still lined with small homes and ornately carved archways. When they came into the center of the camp they had to pass two tall statues of bulls with the heads of men and great wings sprouting from their shoulders.

"The guardians of the city," The djinn said, he had decided to accompany them on their exploration to offer commentary and answer questions. "Some believe that the statues came to life when the city was threatened...so far, they have not."

There were no shops of the kind Kallin recognized, he supposed that desert spirits didn't really need solid things. There were however several demonstrations of magic, with a handful of viewers at each eagerly studying the form and style.

"We develop our powers from the first day we exist." The djinn offered as they walked past.

"And its chaos magic?"

"Of a sort. Its not the raw rage of the desert the Ifrits command, rather that of the earth and wind, the components of the desert, not its fiery soul. That s far too dangerous."

Kallin sighed. "Of course it is..."

@Lioness075

Takeo smirked and when the signal to go was sounded he whipped the reins and urged his horse forward. Her hooves thundered across the sand, not even slightly hindered by the sandy dunes it kept running. As it did so it let out a loud whine before increasing it's pace galloping along side Bob. Takeo was impressed by not only his horse speed, but Bob's as well he felt his own adrenaline rise at this and a smile stayed on his face. He wanted to let out a small shout, but at the speed and uneven terrain he risked biting his tongue so he thought best to avoid that. Leaning forward a bit he was barely sitting on his saddle as he got in the usual position for a horse racer. It would be a lie to say this was his first rac...though it is the first time he was going against a spirit (which he found just badass).

Soon the two passed the oasis, and he purposely slowed his horse down a bit letting Leia get the upper hand. Of course he wasn't out of the race as he kept focused, but if he sprinted the entire way through his horse may collapse. Something he wanted to avoid without a doubt, so he let her go just a bit slower. Up ahead he saw the passage, but he remained the same speed just waiting for a good chance to show how fast his horse was and how good his horsemanship was.

@SilverFlight

Kibito jumped a bit when he hear someone near him and suddenly yell. "I-I'm sorry! I have t-trouble sleeping when I'm thisty!" He exclaimed thinking he woke up too early for something. He looked at the creature that had yelled at him. However upon seeing it he saw no hostility in it and quickly calmed down. "U-Um can y-you tell me where I-I am?" He asked as he sniffed the air trying to distinguish all the scents he smelled which got him pretty curious.

Before anyone could say anything else a chunk of stone suddenly broke off the roof of the house he was standing under. With no warning what so ever the stone crashed down right onto his head making a loud thunk noise. At this Kibto dropped the glass he was holding breaking it. He then fell to his knees which landed on the glass. He let out a whimper from that as he also held his head a bit of blood dripped from it and he had a few small tears peek out of his eyes. "O-Ow." He whimpered as he held his head a bit of blood trickling down his arm and leg. "Why does bad luck always have to hurt?" With that he stood up and moved away from the glass that was scattered on the floor. "I-I'm so sorry! I broke your glass! I-I um uhh I will pay you back for it!" He exclaimed as he did a small bow which just made him dizzy.

@andujarprime @SilverFlight

Nyr closed her eyes for a moment after hearing Achyls' response, but in reality she kind of expected something like that. One can not teach someone of his art in just mere moments, especially not amidst of a crisis. With a sardonic smile she looked up at the raven girl and took her hand, standing up. With the same smile she looked at her for long moments before she could finally muster the strength to speak.

" Thank you, sister, you are right. We can not bother to discuss things like this during a battle. Let us continue the search to aid these djinns. "

As she spoke the ominous voice in her head cackled.

" Thy kin hath abandoned you, dread raven. " it mocked her, its words piercing her heart like daggers " Thy sibling knows that darkness is the one who chooses, thou can not do the same. A pity that I am in thy vessel not in the other raven's. Her strength... delicious, wondrous. Thy feeble power over the shadows pale in comparison. "

" Shut up... " she groaned, perhaps a bit louder than she wanted.

" Fight if thou must, insolent child of shadow. Thy destiny hath been intertwined with the abyss long before thou were born, yet thou hath denied its gifts. Thy disgusting betrayal is audacious to say the least... A pity that thou are nothing like thy sibling. "

Nyr closed her eyes as she forced back an angry yell, her hand clenched into a fist. She had to focus... there was too much at stake to succumb to the mocking taunts of a shade of some sort.

@SkywardSocks

Leo nodded to Aliphas as thanks for the information. Leo watched as Aliphas changed forms and gave the group his blessing to stay. He bowed to the Djinn "Thank you Aliphas, we will do everything we can to help you and your people."

He watched as the others began to spreed out over the place. He to wanted to take a look around and soon found himself among the crowds of djinn watching others perform magics that he had never seen before. Leo watched carefully, his mind filling with wonder as he watched the magics being performed.

@SilverFlight

Otto smiled at Quincy as he shifted into his human form. He brought his sleeve across his face and laughed. "Do sweat is Quincy. We're friends, friends help each other out." With that Otto grabbed the white cloth he had been draped in to shield him from the harsh sun and threw it to the ground, along with his shirt and shoes. Climbing to a rock that hung over the edge of the oasis, Otto smiled as he puffed out his chest. The scar the stretched from shoulder to hip displayed like a badge as he ran what little rock was left and jumped into the oasis's clear waters. His head burst through the surface of the water as he laughed and sighed. "Come on Quincy, I know your dying to do more than dip your hands in the water."

@Flutterby

Malachai arched a brow as a strange djinn made its way over to him. He nodded in response and then followed after it, his curiosity peaked. He made his way towards a small stone house, a thin boy stood at the door. He seemed jumpy, afraid almost. Kai glanced at the white djinn, then at the boy as he apologized. He frowned slightly when the boy failed to step aside and got hit by the falling stone. He had heard it crumbling and come loose from where he was, maybe this boy was just human, how could he help another human boy when he had his hands full trying to help his companions. "I'm not sure how I could help. But whats wrong?" He asked yhe djinn as he shrugged and made his way over to the kneeling child. As he got closer he got a whiff of something, there was another dragon about. Not the same as he, not a wyrm either, but a dragon. Of that he was sure, he stepped closer to the boy who was bowing now. He reached down and held him by the back of his shirt, picking him up to eye level. He took another sniff, it was the boy. "I guess you're no ordinary boy are you?" He asked as he gently wiped the glass shards from the boy's pants, then turned him to inspect the back of his head. Seeing that he would live he turned him back around, his feet dangling in the air. "Well?" He asked curiously.

@SilverFlight @Peaceswore

Quincy smiled to herself as Otto called them friends. That was one thing she had never thought she would have. She looked up to find him stripped to the waist and preparing to jump in. His scar, large as it was, was impossible to miss, but the kelpie had grown used to seeing such marks and it barely registered in her mind that it might be from before he had joined their quest. She giggled lightly as he resurfaced, and called to her. She hesitated for only a moment before doing likewise, tossing aside the clothes given to her and shedding her outer layers. Clad in the short leggings and her corset, Quincy followed Otto's example and climbed onto the rock ledge and ran to the end, plunging into the cool oasis. The kelpie popped up with an overjoyed laugh, reaching up and undoing her hair to let it flow through the water freely. She dove under the surface again, swimming along the bottom to the deepest point before bobbing back to the surface again. "I didn't know you liked to swim, Otto. Not many in our group do." She called with a smile. There was a pang in her heart as she said it, but she brushed it away, knowing that dwelling on it would only make matters worse.

@zCrookedz

Leandra grinned at the dog djinn when he told her his name.

Once he was done speaking, Leandra immediately replied, "I love your name by the way, Balthazaar. I haven't really introduced myself yet, but my name's Leandra. As for asking for anything, I'd love to be able to take a shower or something before I rest for the night. Do you have any baths here?"

While waiting for Balthazaar's response, Leandra pulled out one of her flasks and gulped down some water, letting out a sigh of relief once she was done. Water was truly a treasure out in the desert.

@SilverFlight

~~~~~

Luness silently walked alongside Kallin, as she too marveled at the architecture all around them. This place was amazing to have been set up in the middle of a desert of all places.

Listening to the djinn speaking of the camp's history, Luness cocked her head at the statues, as she wondered if what they said about the guardians was true or just a tale to give false hope.

Seeing demonstrations of magic while they continued to explore, Luness subconsciously took a step back from any magic users near her, her left and beginning to shake again though she did her best to continue to hide it from Kallin's sight.

Hearing the description of their kind of magic, Luness relaxed a bit, feeling safer with that knowledge.

Yet, hearing Kallin sighing and then trailing off, Luness glanced at him to see that he clearly wasn't pleased with what he'd heard. Offering a tentative smile, Luness then said, "C'mon, Kal, let's just enjoy the moment." Uncertain of whether this would work or not, Luness then wondered if Kallin would be interested in watching the djinn performing their magic. Would that be entertaining to Kallin? He was a magic user of sorts after all...

@SilverFlight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back