• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood ~

(Sorry about completely disappearing, notifications are awful, even more so with this rp to me for some reason.)

To Morgrim this place was like a treasure trove, he didn't usually indulge in the cultures of others whether they share his human nature, or something as different as a dragons, but this one was a culture brimming with magic and survival. Though Morgrim was no fan of the heat it was a worthwhile sufferance to deal with in exchange to bask in something truly new to him. What caught his interest the most was the magic casters doing performances along the dusty roads between the carved in houses. He approached a group of Dijinns, though said nothing at first observing their magic. He overheard some of the others before talking about how their magic is a form of chaos magic, and that was something his home had stayed away from for as long as they were alive, too unstable they said, but it looked awesome to him, with all the curiosity of a cat. "Uhmm, yes... Excuse me, could you do me a favour and explain your magic to me, perhaps we can exchange knowledge, some of my secrets for yours?" Morgrim was hopeful since the Dijinns seemed to be such a forthcoming people, well except for Aliphas, but the others seemed to have a level of innocence and peacefullness to them.

@SilverFlight

Leia's heart began to race as the wind whipped her hair back. The felt a thrill each time Bob pushed off from the ground and sailed through the air, slender forelegs legs tucked neatly under his rocky belly. The first time he made a turn Leia nearly fell off of the spirit knew just how to turn his body, keeping her safely in balance. She watched Takeo take the lead and grinned.

"Let's show 'em what we got boy!" Bob barked in reply and as they approached the oasis he gave a small bound and then launched himself skyward just as they reached the boy and his horse. Bob cleared both in one leap, landing on the other side of them and continuing to dash down the passageway.

"Gotta do better than that to beat an earth spirit!" Leia taunted playfully over one shoulder.

@Peaceswore

Balthazaar looked at Leandra in a puzzled manner before throwing back his head to laugh. His tongue lolled out the side of his mouth and he clutched his sides with his furry forepaws.

"Ohhoohaha! I'm afraid that is quite impossible. The best I can do is point you toward the oasis where your friends are already enjoying themselves."

Kallin tried to pull himself out of the deep pit of dread that seemed to be building in his stomach. No matter what he tried to think of there was one question that kept ringing in his mind; 'how long did he have left?'

Stubbornly he forced the thought down again. What did it matter? He was doing everything he could now...and nothing could change what was coming.

It wasn't long after that he realized Luness was favouring an arm.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, pointing to the limb with a worried glance.

@Lioness075

The djinn practicing magic stopped what they were doing to speak to Morgrim.

"It is unusual that a creature of flesh would like to learn from us." said one.

"Yes! Usually they are content to enslave us for their work...you intrigue me mortal...er...should I call you that?" Another tilted its misty head as it looked the undead man over.

"You can't be one of the dark army...though I have to say you look very much like them."

@Morgrim

As they spoke a wind began to blow, gently at first, ruffling curtains and lifting flags to flap lazily against the azure sky. Slowly however it began to pick up speed and far in the distance, on the Western horizon, a dark red cloud could be seen, building higher...and growing nearer.

@everyone

Leo continued to watch as the djinn continued to work their magic when Morgrim walked up and began to ask questions about it. Leo was more of an observer and could usually figure stuff out by watching and listening, but this magic was confusing. Leo's ear perked up at what the Djinn were saying "Enslave? That's a tad barbaric isn't it?" Leo let the question hang until he felt the winds begin to stir around the camp. He looked around the camp to get a feel for where everyone was currently and then back to the Djinn. "Something in the winds does not feel right."

@SilverFlight @Morgrim

Otto laughed as he kicked his feet around in the water. He was laying so that he was facing the sky and paddling around the oasis like a boat. He looked over to Quincy and smiled as she to jumped in. "Oh sure! Water feels great. Its cool and refreshing. Only thing is when I'm a wolf, It makes my fur all wet and then people get mad cause they say I smell really bad. Plus, water feels better on bare skin." He wasn't exactly paying attention to where he was going and paddled himself right into the rock that was over the edge of the oasis bonking his head. He laughed as he climbed back out of the water and onto the rock. He smiled at Quincy as he ran off the rocks ledge and pulled himself into a ball, aiming for a space only a few feet away from Quincy intending on splashing her with his cannonball.

@Flutterby

Takeo laughed at this and with that spurred his horse on. "Come one girl! Don't let a spirit beat you! " He shouted which made Burst whine stubbornly before she bolted again her hooves barely had time to touch the ground before moving forward speeding away and gaining on Leia. When they exit the passage and the path wide again Shing took this opportunity and with a short burst of speed came neck and neck with Leia. He flashed her a confident smile before leaning forward and focusing on the race. As his horse ran he noted there was something up as sand started to get in his way, but he paid more attention to the race. Approaching the oasis he did what he could to stay slightly in the lead without burning all of Burst energy.

@SilverFlight

Kibito was surprised when the man picked him up off the ground. The moment this happened Kibito froze stiff as the smell of the other filled his nostrils. He flinched at the others words still shaking a bit. "I-I-I'm K-Kibito...." He said in a meek barely audio able tone as he gulped. "I-I'm s-s-s-sorry if I-I'm on your territory sir... I-I didn't know. I p-promise." he whispered as he hugged his bag tightly his eyes showed evident fear in them. "P-Please don't eat me... I'll leave soon. I-I just woke up here after falling asleep in th-the desert.. I-I don't mean to intrude. I d-don't w-want any of your treasure... I s-swear I'm planning to leave soon." He could tell with ease the other was the dragon, and this fact evidently scared him. After all he was no longer in the safety of his homeland...and he had been told stories of these foreign dragons.

He heard that they were very territorial and one thing they liked was treasure and young girls, those that weren't either of the thing they liked got eaten. Sure he had treasure, but he wasn't a young girl so believing in these stories he honestly thought that this firebreathing beast may plan to eat him. Something he really didn't want to happen.

@andujarprime

Seeing how everyone was preoccupied Nyr decided to take a walk in the camp to observe the place these djinns called their home. She could not understand why did the mystical creatures choose this place over any other... but she knew not that the answer would soon find her.

" 'Tis the ley lines which lured these creatures here, dread raven. " the dark voice spoke " Thy feeble, blind eyes could not possibly comprehend what hath happened here eons ago... but mine can and they see. "

Annoyed she muttered.

" I bet they see only destruction as other demons do. "

" Nay, they see the past, the history. " it continued " Thy mind would collapse under the weight of so much information, thus I take the liberty to omit these thoughts from my speech. "

" How noble... "

" Thou mockest me yet our souls are intertwined. The abyss is thy shield and thou art its champion. The pitiful light thou call upon dwarfs in power compared to your true potential. Thy sister knows it, Caraboss doth as well. "

Her eyes lit up in strange excitement.

" How do... "

" My existence is an ancient one, little raven. " it whispered " I was born from the primordial mold of the world, I hath seen the creation of light and darkness, the shaping of the universe. I know much more than thou need to know. "

The wind started to shift and Nyr felt as the darkness within her also moved.

" Thy fight draws near, dread raven. " said the voice suddenly, every irony and glee gone from its voice. " A storm is coming. Thou should better hurry to thy allies if thou want to live... "

With that the raven girl took flight and after a brief flying she arrived at the place where the others gathered. Worried about the voice's thoughts she looked around.

" Something is coming... we better be ready. "

The kelpie slowed in her swimming and paddled lazily in the pool, listening to Otto's voice with a smile. It was very rare to have a swimming companion. Quincy found herself just enjoying the fact that another being was stirring the water around her. Her silver eyes slid shut, with a peaceful smile on her lips, as Otto swam further away from her. In her peaceful state, she didn't notice that Otto had left the water. That is, until she suddenly heard feet hitting the rock. The Kellie opened her eyes just in time to see Otto flying through the air, poised to land a few feet from her. Her eyes widened, as did her grin. When he hit with a splash, sending a spray of water over her, she squealed in delight. "Otto!" Her voice came out sounding like that of a child, followed by a laughter so loud it made her own ears ring. Quincy plunged under the water, reaching towards Otto's stomach to tickle him. In her joy, she failed notice the shift of the wind.

@zCrookedz

Achyls cocked her head to one side, confused by Nyr's sudden change in state. She chose not to question it, letting her have her time instead. That time seemed to be cut short when the sky seemed to darken about her. Leaping into the air, she looked over the horizon, her wings being blown back with the strengthening wind.

"What is this?" she called to whoever had the knowledge to answer. The cloud was blood red, as if the air itself were angered, raging towards the Djinn encampment. The wind soon grew so strong she could not keep herself in the air, and so landed in the dust, her wings tucked so as to cut through the raging winds.

@SilverFlight

"I'm sure it's just a sandstorm friend, nothing to be worried about. Though it is a bit unlucky now isn't it?" He directed the comment at Leo, though it was meant to be reassuring in Morgrim's own way. Not everything is trying to kill them, intentionally at least, a sandstorm should be no different. "Yes you are right though, I am not one of the undead's army, nor am I fully undead, I still live and breath like any other mortal creature. Speaking of us mortals, we don't all exactly do so well in harsh conditions like these, could we perhaps go inside somewhere with a little more cover, and discuss the magic there, I would very much like to learn as much as I can about it. Strictly academic reasons of course." @zCrookedz @SilverFlight

Malachai frowned slightly at the stiff boy in his grasp. It took him a second to figure out what he was talking about then rolled his eyes and gave him a shake to loosen him up. "Relax kid, this isn't 'my territory' I only just got here." With that he placed the obviously scared boy on the ground, and took another whiff of the air around the boy, dragon indeed, just not like the ones from his homeland. "What's your name boy" He asked a little gentler, not wanting to scare him any further. He apparently knew what Malachai was, and feared the reputation set by the barbaric ways of his kind. He continued with a calm voice "I am called Malachai, I'm here to help, or try to help if you would tell me your problem" He explained, his hands down and out to the sides, palms out showing that he meant no harm. He thought about communicating mentally, but that might scare the boy, and be rude to the djinn that was with them. He looked up at the slight change in wind, it altered the air around them, and he got a chill down his back. Distracted he looked up into the sky, then into the horizon in the direction the wind was blowing from. "By the elder's scales..." He whispered as he watched the dark red cloud come towards them, increasing in size and speed."

@Peaceswore

As the wind whipped through the camp a new djinn approached Leo. His took the form of an old man, dressed in deep blue desert garb.

"They come." He said ominously. Aliphas appeared behind him and Merias soon after.

"Guardian, this is our king." She said softly, she had taken human form as well, and her garb matched that of Aliphas only blue.

The king of the djinn squinted his old eyes at Leo, as if considering what was within him.

"You have an odd aura about you for a forest guardian...yet, I sense a power in you not yet awoken." He paused for a brief moment.

"You think your abilities are not as they were? That the life is gone from your magic as there is no greenery in a desert."

Aliphas gave the king a confused look as he mulled over the cryptic phrasing. Then he realized.

"A desert has a multitude of life...if only you know where to look." He finished proudly.

@zCrookedz

Leia laughed as she looked to the side to see Takeo racing her neck and neck. The wind began to pick up much faster now and suddenly it began to grow dark.

"What the?" Because of the cliffs the giant sand cloud was beyond her vision, but in the distance she could hear some of the djinn yelling.

Bob slowed as they reached the town square and now Tad appeared, his light, whistley voice as deep as it could go for a rather comical growl.

Lee looked up from her place in the bottle and whined.

"Something's not right, my spirits don't usually get this worried..."

Sand began to fly about them and Leia coughed. "Put your face covering up!" She called.

The sands swirled up around them. The shapes of the fleeing djinn flashed by, barely discernible in the thick torrent. For some reason the sand didn't strike her face and when she looked at Takeo she realized that he was protected too. Bob's eyes were glowing faintly. He was protecting them.

"We should try and find the others!" She called and turned to go back the way they had come when something stopped her. A line of shadowy figures approached at a slow pace. They ambled and swayed, heads tilted at inhuman angles. Then she felt ice run through her veins as she realized that they weren't djinn...

@Peaceswore

Kallin frowned as he looked up at the sky. Why was it getting darker?

"Lune...I think something's happening...We need to get to a place where we can see."

He moved ahead, finding a narrow set of steps built directly into one of the canyon walls. Up this he climbed until he could see out onto the open desert and swore under his breath.

What should have been a vast, clear horizon was now a red wall of churning wind and sand.

"Brace yourselves everyone! Its a sandstorm!!!"

But he could say no more than that because the wind smashed into him like the vanguard of an army. He lost his footing on the steps and was blown clean off. Down he tumbled, blown away from the cliff as he fell. Luck saved him however as he hit the cloth awning of a market stall and it slowed him so he would only have sustained mild bruising.

He groaned as he got up, but he had lost sight of Luness now and cursed again.

Everywhere djinn were running, panic plain on their faces,

"They've come to take us!"

"They'll enslave us all!"

"Please heroes! You must stop them!"

Kallin straightened his hat and gripped his staff firmly. First thing's first, he needed to see what was coming. He needed to head for the edge of the camp and break free of the cliffs.

Kallin struggled against the wind, trying his best to fight it without magic. This was ridiculous! He was damn near useless without it. But remembering the last time he had tried sent shivers down his back...he couldn't hurt anyone like that again...

A shape appeared out of the dust storm, Kallin's heart froze for a moment and then the shape morphed into a familiar form.

"Nyr! Can you see anyone else?!"

The winds were terrible now, Kallin had to yell to be heard above their howling.

Another shape materialized out of the sand and Kallin moved toward it hopefully.

"Hey! get to safety!" He called as t,he shape seemed to stand there. Then, to his surprise it lurched forward...with a drawn blade.

The undead warrior collided with him, sending him toppling backwards. He cried out as he grappled with it, bits of cloth and dead flesh coming away from the body as he punched it in the chest. His fist crunched through ribs and got stuck.

"Euck!" He tried to kick the thing away but its strength was frightening. It raised its blade to strike him.

@DawnAntalios @andujarprime @Morgrim @SkywardSocks @Flutterby @Jecklyn @Lioness075

Leandra sighed, of course baths were impossible here. Looked like the wings were going to have to live with having sand stuck among their feathers for now.

Hearing the idea of bathing in the oasis where her friends already were, Leandra immediately blushed and then said, "Wait, what? I'm not going to bathe in the oasis while others are there!"

Quickly realizing she might've been wrong to assume that Balthazaar had meant for her to do such a thing, after all he could've just meant for her to go for a swim, Leandra then added, "Anyways, I suppose I could at least fill my flasks while there. I guess you can tag along if you'd like, Balthazaar."

Turning away from the dog djinn, Leandra then began making her way towards the oasis when she suddenly halted. Feeling the wind beginning to increase around her, specifically through her wings, as the feathers were dancing about, Leandra then glanced around herself and at the sky to try and see what was wrong.

It wasn't until Leandra heard someone shouting somewhere in the camp that she suddenly realized with wide eyes that a sandstorm was overcoming the camp.

Feeling her heart racing, Leandra immediately put her arm over her face, as the sandstorm suddenly made its appearance, throwing her off-balanced and causing Leandra to whip out her wings in a feeble attempt to balance herself out.

Still lacking understanding in how her wings worked, Leandra didn't think about the strong winds in the sandstorm until she was suddenly airborne until she tucked her wings against her body. Screaming while she began plummeting back down to earth, Leandra then suddenly was silenced, as she struck water and began sinking quickly into the oasis in the camp.

Confused of which way was up and down, Leandra frantically kicked out and lashed out in every direction, her eyes wide with fear.

@zCrookedz @Flutterby @SilverFlight

~~~~~

Luness blanched when Kallin asked about her left hand/arm, and she immediately shook her head before nodding towards one of the djinn performing magic nearby and began to say that they should go check out the magic performers, but she was cut off when Kallin mentioned they should move somewhere they can see better.

Sighing, Luness followed after Kallin and she stayed back against the canyon wall when she saw the sandstorm approaching them. Eyes wide at what looked like a red cloud of potential death to her, Luness then cried out in both fear and pain when the strong winds suddenly struck both her and Kallin, causing Kallin to fall while Luness had managed to remain up on the cliff thanks to the canyon wall.

With an arm over her face to feebly attempt to protect it from the sandy winds, Luness then began carefully making her way down the canyon wall, her balance constantly thrown off. She wanted to shift into her werecat form and have perfect balance, but the sands would just burn her feet and hands again.

Once Luness was back down from the canyon cliff and walls, she then heard djinn shouting out nearby. Moving towards the commotion, Luness then soon saw a shape forming in the darkness of the sandy winds. Seeing the dark wings attached to the body, Luness quickly recognized it as Nyr.

Yet, she soon heard Kallin shouting at someone nearby and Luness' heart skipped a beat when she saw his shape drop to the ground with the other shape attacking him.

Ignoring the potential downsides to doing so, Luness suddenly leapt forward through the sandy winds, shifting mid-jump, and then tackling the undead thing that had aimed to strike Kallin not moments ago.

As the pair tumbled into the sand, Luness quickly regathered herself and leapt back up to lunge at the undead thing and bite through its neck and where its jugular should've been. Now it was dead, right?

@SilverFlight @DawnAntalios

Takeo noticed the wind blowing and an uneasy feeling was encased in his stomach. When he neared the square he slowed burst to a trot only to stop a few minutes later. Looking around confused he nodded and put on his face cover as he dismounted Burst. "What's with all the yelling!? Aren't the dijin used to sandstorms?" He asked Leia keeping a firm hold on the reins. Coughing a bit from the dust and sand he nodded. "I saw some of them earlier! We need to back track a bit!" He shouted above the howling winds. He was about to follow her, but seeing she stopped he raised a brow and looked ahead seeing the line of....creatures. "Who are they?" He asked in a quiet tone so only he could hear. At the sight of them Burst suddenly reared up and let out a whine of fear, but this time she didn't bolt away much to Takeo's relief. Trusting her not just bolt Takeo let go of the reins and drew his sword. "Something tells me these creatures are not friendly!" He shouted as he kept a hand above his eyes. "Leia! Do you know if this is a flight or fight situation!? Hey! Are you okay??"

@Sliverflight

Kibito was about to respond to the other, but another scent hit his nose. Shaking his head he hugged his bag and started to shake. "This isn't good... This smell... It smells like death, rotting people and magic. I-I don't like this smell...." He whispered before looking up at the other. "S-Sir! Th-This place is about to get really dangerous! Y-You should leave quickly... Ah! I-I'm not trying to insult you! B-But this scent and feeling n-not to mention the storm... Even for a d-dragon this isn't safe ." He looked around and seeing something approach he cowered behind Malachai already starting to trust him seeing as he said he was here to help.

@andujarprime

" Shield thy eyes. " came the sudden warning from the dark voice and Nyr was confused. Still she reflexively obeyed the command and not a moment too late: mere second after the words a massive blast of wind almost knocked her off her feet, standing against the tide of sand valiantly. She had to muster all her strength to stand her ground but after she regained her balance it was much easier. Now that she could look around she realized that all that surrounded the group was the vengeful maelstrom of sand.

Trying to find the others she had heard Kallin calling out for her and the moment she wanted to answer she noticed the undead monster approaching them and was about to warn the mage when Luness tackled with the creature, averting disaster. Immediately she felt the darkness rising next to her and surprisingly a twin tendrils of darkness shot towards Kallin. With horror in her eyes she rushed over to him but to her surprise the tendrils went past the dark mage - and impaled two new undead approaching him.

" Thy allies are mine as well dread raven. I have told thee before, I am not thy enemy. "

Surprised and satisfied with its answer she arrived to the scene.

" We have to find a way out of here! " she exclaimed, looking at Kallin and then, after locating her, Luness. " I might be able to transform into my true form but I am unsure if I am able to outrun the storm. "

" Be not hasty, girl. " the voice spoke " Listen to the chaos mage. His unbridled power may be of use for thee... use for me. "

Nyr shivered but regardless of that she listened intently for further instructions.

@SilverFlight @Lioness075

Arianne was knocked off from her feet as she screamed in surprise. She did not see the storm and the globes of light could only mitigate so much from the storm to protect her, they were unable to nullify it completely. Fortunately enough she was able to conjure a shield of light to protect herself temporarily from the storm - but it was not a permanent solution. She could see no one - no djinn, no allies, no foes. She felt alone and trapped in the middle of the storm.

She was afraid.

Leo looked from Morgrim to the Djinn that approached him. When Aliphas announced who was before him, Leo took a knee to the great Djinn and bowed to him. "It is an honor great Djinn....." Though before he could continue, the old Djinn spoke, and his words cut through Leo's outwards appearance like a hot blade. Ever since he had learned ove their trip into the desert he had been in great concern of his usefulness to the group. Without plant life, he would burn through his abilities without a way to replenish them. The small oasis's had given him little relief from the use, and even now he could feel himself at half his usual power.

But now what this old and wise creature of magic was saying was something that made Leo stop all together. "...Power? Not yet awoken? I'm sorry but I do not understand...." Then Aliphas spoke, and Leo recognized what he said from when they had first entered the desert. He sat there, knelt down in the sand, his head trying to piece together what was being said to him. But a shriek of terror pulled him from his thoughts and Leo was on his feet before he knew it.

@SilverFlight

He motioned to Aliphas "Get your people to safety. Those who wish to fight are welcome, it might better our odds against this force." Leo grasped the hilts of his war ax's and spun them around as the sand storm enveloped them. It was hard to see, but Leo could faintly make out the figures of hunched and awkwardly moving creatures in the storm. HE turned back to try and see if he could see Morgrim in the thick clouds. "Morgrim! I believe we have company. Try to distinguish yourself should you get separated. I do not wish to cleave through my friends this day.

Leo took a few steps into the storm, shielding his eye as he walked towards one of the figures. As he approached, he beheld exactly what a zombie was; a putrid sight of mangled flesh that was torn and putrefied down to the bone. It's head cocked to the side, was emitting a disturbing gurgling noise that Leo wished to silence. He lifted his ax and brought it across the creature with a sickening slicing sound. He aimed for the shoulder area, hopeing that this would be enough of a hit to drop the creature while he continued on to the next he could see.

@Morgrim

Otto broke the surface of the oasis and whipped his head back and forth looking around the oasis for Quincy. He was beginning to wonder if he had accidentally landed on her when he felt something grabbing at his mid section under the water. Otto began to laugh his uncontrollably as he felt Quincy's fingers begin to tickle him in the water. He kicked his feet keeping himself to keep himself above the water and he continued to laugh. "Quincy!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!" He lifted his head up, eyes shut tight as Quincy tickled him until he opened his eyes and saw something falling to the sky.

The splash made Otto turn and swim away from Quincy's tickling. He dove under the surface of the water and could see the flailing of Leandra and her disoriented state and tried his best to avoid being struck by her flailing. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her arm over his neck as he tried to drag her to the surface. If it hadn't been for the very wet wings that she now possessed, he might have been able to get her to the surface a bit better, but she was weighting him down. He looked around the water looking for Quincy, surely the two of them would be able to get them to the surface.

@Flutterby @Lioness075

A whiff of the air around him brought Malachai to the same conclusion as the boy. "Stay down!" He exclaimed as his crystal flew to his hand turning into a war hammer. The sandstorm was upon them, he had his eyes squinted nearly shut when he spotted movement out of the corner of his eye. He sensed the death magic propelling the zombie forward, sensed it to be different from morgrim's, and with that recognition he let loose a ferocious swing, a dull thud then a sharp crack as the hammer pounced through decaying muscle and shattered brittle bone. Sending the zombie flying he turned to see even more figures limping and stiffly walking through the storm. "Normally I'd say this would be fun. But I'm not a big fan of the dead, or undead for that matter" He said aloud to the boy. "So challenge accepted!!!!" He exclaimed with a smirk as he stepped forward, swinging down to drop the hammer on a crawling zombie. He picked it up and turned, almost a full turn as he took out another undead. "Stay close boy!!" He used his mind to feel out and contact the boy, felt his mind his presence and spoke to his mind. The wind from the storm was deafening now, he wasn't sure how good his hearing was.

@Peaceswore

With Morgrim's vestments the dead would leave him be as if he was one of their ranks. Necro magic of this variety requires a link with each summoned dead, each thrall given a command through these links of magic binding the flesh to be moving. Morgrim could feel these links as familiar as his own, thus he used it like sonar guiding him through the sandstorm to each zombie. A quick jab with a dagger made from bone to each of their heads. One by one they fell as Morgrim casually walked through the storm like death retrieving souls of the lost and forgotten. These creatures dumb and unprepared posed no threat to him an element of death hungry for action. "Heh this is too easy, sending corpses after a necromancer of my magnitude, how stupid must you be." Morgrim's only worry was that he wouldn't be attacked by one of his travelling companions, they could easily mistake him for one of the dead, or perhaps just have a grudge with him that they could settle mono e mono, no one else would know. He kept his wits about him, though with no sense of smell of his own, and a sandstorm blocking his view of anything farther then five feet in front of him he could be considered easy prey.

Quincy grinned as Otto squirmed from her tickling, triumph and joy lighting up her face. But suddenly, a large splash drew both of their attention. It was behind her, and she had to dodge Otto's flailing feet as he swam towards it. Turning as quickly as she could, she found Leandra flailing under the surface, weighed down by her heavy wings. Otto, of course, was trying to help, but was also dragged down by the feathery appendages. The kelpie darted forward, changing form as she did. An equine head snaked under Leandra's body and shoved upward, propelling her to the surface with considerable speed. Quincy followed, bobbing to the surface and offering her assistance in getting to the edge of the oasis. After all, swimming with a pair of sopping wet wings you just grew was probably next to impossible.

@zCrookedz @Lioness075

Last edited by a moderator:
Achyls found herself unable to remain standing, instead being swept along by the winds. She spread her wings fully so as to create some grounding, instead finding herself rolling head first in the sand. Her body was now coated in sand, quickly being swept off and reapplied in the gathering storm. Reaching out, she fumbled for a rock, or something. With her hair blowing about in her face, it became increasingly difficult to see. It was then she connected with something other than rock...fur.

She let out a gasp, drawing her hand away with such speed you wouldn't have even noticed it had been there. She brushed her hair from her face as best she could, and focused on some kind of shield. With what energy she could muster, she blew the sand away with dark magic, creating a dome around her and whoever she had just then collided with.

"Luness?" she called, making certain the shield covered them both. It was difficult to hear, but she hoped the girl would hear her.

@Lioness075

The creature that had attacked Kallin fell under Luness' powerful attack. A sickening crunch sounded as her teeth sheered through the bone. The thing lay still as she leapt back and Kallin allowed himself to breath.

"Thanks Lune." He said quietly. A flash of darkness made him whip round as Nyr impaled two more undead warriors with her dark magic.

"That..was new." He remarked, then suddenly froze. The warrior Luness had taken down twitched and to his dismay and complete shock it began to rise again. Its head slumped back against its spine, dangling on one loose strand of flesh. Its jaw flapped gruesomely with each movement.

It staggered to its feet and lurched drunkenly for them.

"You have got to be kidding me." Kallin growled, getting to his feet and drawing his silver dagger.

The undead hesitated and that's when Kallin rushed forward, plunging the weapon into the thing's empty chest. The warrior's body went rigid for an instant and then toppled, showering the mage with bones and rotting flesh.

Kallin swore colourfully and reeled back. "Its silver! They're weak against silver!" he called to anyone who would hear him.

It was then he caught sight of Achyls.

"Achyls! Stay close!" He called out to her. "We need to find weapons made of silver. Check that stall over there!"

@Lioness075 @DawnAntalios @SkywardSocks

The undead that Leo struck was easily cleft in two. even after it was struck the pieces kept moving, though being in pieces all it could do was roll about. The image was unsettling however. Even Aliphas made a face.

He ushered the king away. "Please your majesty, you must not be ensnared by these foul abominations." But Merias drew her blade.

"I shall protect the heroes." She said firmly.

"Merias, you can't be serious. This fight is not for the djinn!"

"They threaten our last home Aliphas, whose fight is it then?!"

With that she darted into the chaos, leaving Aliphas to call frantically after her.

It wasn't long before more of the creature appeared, their movements slow and jerky, until they found a target, then life seemed to pour into them and the darted forward with inhuman speed.

Suddenly larger forms appeared, draped in tattered, dark robes. They carried vials, lamps and pots tied to belts draped over their skeletal frames, contorting their hands and rasping a sort of disturbing incantation. One djinn was unfortunate enough to get too close and quick as lightning the new undead creature tossed a glowing vial at it. The djinn screamed as it was forced back into its misty state and sucked bodily into the container. The caster then collected the vial and tucked it away, moving onto the next victim. One caught sight of the guardian and pointed a rotting finger at him. Four more soldiers dashed forward, heavy axes raised over their bony arms.

@zCrookedz

From a distance a figure watched, gazing at the dragon fighting valiantly through the hordes of putrid warriors, but his attention was drawn more toward the dragon behind him, the young boy.

"So, this is where you've been hiding...my mistress will be pleased."

The figure pointed toward the slender boy and instantly several figures sprouted from the sand. These too were dead and rotting, but they were in the form of great hounds, fast and powerful. One had its jaw broken and it hung limply from one hinge. the others had very well-working jaws and bone-white teeth. They leapt for the boy, guttural growls choked in rotting throats.

@andujarprime @Peaceswore

The sand hit the oasis brutally, filling the pond with red sand. In the distance figured of the undead began to appear, along with a call on the wind

"They're weak against silver!"

@zCrookedz @Flutterby

The undead soldiers fell to morgrim as if they were nothing. One by one the essence that bound them to the forms was released, but it was then that a cloaked figure appeared, standing in the man's way. Its twisted its hand brutally and the fallen soldiers convulsed.

"Ah, one who knows the craft...I think you'll find the spirits that inhabit these bodies are...special."

He held up a vial, within it trapped one of the djinn. In the other hand he grabbed a rotting corpse and spoke a few soft words. The djinn was forcibly pulled into the body and when it was the skeleton moved again, rising to its unsteady feet and brandishing its blade at Morgrim.

"By all means, kill them if you must...I can always catch more innocents." His smile was as cruel as it was foul.

@Morgrim

Leia stared at the creatures. She couldn't move, couldn't speak. She was frozen with fear...and so were her spirits. Bob shivered in place but it was as if he was rooted to the sand. Her spirits were powerful, but they reflected her emotions, if she was terrified, they would be too,

Tad gave a small yelp and scattered into wind. The undead army advanced slowly, then, upong seeing Takeo and Leis three lurched forward with blades raised.

@Peaceswore

When he didn't get a response to his question Takeo looked over at Leia. Seeing her frozen in completely fear he sheath his sword and moved in front of her. "Oh crap... Leia! Snap out of it! Leia!" He shouted as he shook her a bit confused about what was going on, only to remember what she told him at the camp. 'Okay her fear is a lot worse then I thought! Not good!' Seeing the zombies approach him he gulped and looked at Leia firmly holding her shoulder he looked her in the eyes. "Listen, get on Burst, we need to get out off here before we are swamped. Just get on my horse and we will be out of danger and away from these things in not time!" He shouted above the sandstorm before letting go just in time to see the creatures lunge at them. Grabbing his sword he used the sheath to block the initial attack from one zombies. The other two ran by him and went for Leia but he pushed away the first and quickly sent a kick at the second one making it fall to it's knees before sending a slash at the third. With this he was the center of the creatures attention giving Leia some space. "Bob! I need you to help her! Either get her on Burst or take here away!" He shouted as he was once again attacked.

At this Burst who was exteremly nervous and ready to bolt at any second moved over to Leia. She whined a bit before nuzzling her shoulder trying to tell her to hurry. Takeo was doing what he could and with a jab of his sword he stabbed on zombie through the head killing it before sending a kick to one that was charging him. He almost got sliced in half had he not used the sheath as a shield from an incoming strike. Taking a small glance at Leia he hoped she would snap out of it long enough to climb on to Burst. 'If she doesn't get on soon... I guess I have to carry her.' He thought before striking a zombie in the gut before bringing the sheath down on it's head putting it in a daze.

@SilverFlight

Kibito took a deep breath and tried to calm down as he kept shaking in fear. He listened to the other and followed Malachai as he plowed through the enemy as if they were nothing. Kibito feeling like the sand was hampering the other a bit closed his eyes and concentrated. With that a small breeze left him and in moment the sand stopped going in both their faces and eyes. Now he didn't get rid of the sand storm, all he did was but them in sphere with a wind barrier. Seeing that he was in his human form the barrier was very weak and it only stopped sand that was in a seven foot radius of him. The monster easily entered the barrier, but with this it gave the two of them more room and warning, plus no they could see easily without having to worry about their eyes.

With his eyes now wider open Kibito kept very close to the other. Every time the barrier was disrupted and the monsters entered Kibito shook with more fear then before. Things seemed to go smoothly however Kibito had a shiver go up his spine moments before the hounds appeared out of the ground. Seeing them he gulped and took a small step back as he hugged his bag tightly. "S-St-Stay away!" He shouted as he shook in complete fear. However the words barely left him before the undead hounds attacked him. "AHHHHHH!!!" With this shriek he hugged his bag tightly and pushed off the ground avoiding the lunge. At this he stood up and gulped as he let his satchel rest on his shoulder. He was now holding an unsheathe short blade up and was in a defensive position.

@andujarprime

Leo was appalled by the way the creature on the ground flopped back and forth after he cleaved it in to. They obviously were not going to stop even if they were torn in two. Leo spun his ax's around in his hands a few times before his ear picked up on the sound of Aliphas and Merias. He looked back only to see Merias dart past and head into the storm. It was noble to see her take up arms against this force, but Leo could not help but feel something wrong with these things.

He began to push forward into the storm until the lumbering robed figures appeared. Leo smiled a bit at the sight of something a little more his size to fight. Before he rushed the creature though he watched as it used its magic lamp on a helpless Djinn and stowed it away. Leo could feel his blood begining to boil as he roared through the sand storm at the creature. "You can not take away someone's freedom!!"

As the husks darted towards him with their ax's Leo snarled at them and lunged forward with his own ax's. In his mind, if he could immobilize the creatures so they could not move they were not a threat. He snapped his war ax together and swung the massive ax low so as to take out there legs above the knee's. After which he followed through with the two behind those by attacking their mid sections attempting to cleave the rotting things in half at the elbows.

@SilverFlight

Otto helped hoist Leandra out of the pond just as the waters began to turn dark red. He looked from the waters to Quincy with a bit of a sad expression before turning his attention to Leandra. He helped to flip her so that she was laying with her back and giant wings to the wind of the sand storm. "Leandra? Are you alright?"

Only seconds after he asked did his ear twitch in the direction of the voice on the wind. He looked back to Quincy and then around the Oasis "I don't have any silver..." His ears folded backwards in despair as he continued to look around in the limited vision of the storm.

Finally his eyes caught sight of some kind of light not to far away from the oasis. He shifted as he bounded away and as he got closer he recognized the small figure of Arianne. He let out a loud yip as he knelt down next to her to help get her over to Leandra and Quincy.

@Lioness075 @Flutterby @DawnAntalios

so that's how they control so many Morgrim thought to himself before quickly shouting to anyone who could hear. "They are using the Djinns as souls for the zombies, be careful!" Morgrim could only guess that the way to break whatever foul spell was doing this is to kill the one capturing the Djinns and using them to fuel the husks. Morgrim will be unable to use any magic to free the Djinns from their imprisonment because there is no actual link between the mage and their thralls. Attacking the zombies would be no use, so Morgrim chases directly after the robed man, aiming to take him out before he could cause any more harm. "I'll make you pay for what you did to them, I swear it!" He lunged at the man while quickly coating his blade in poison, he had no care to interrogate or torture this man, he was powerful and intelligent, he didn't deserve a second chance, nor even a chance at freedom, he has to die, that's all the Morgrim cared about. All it would take is one slash, one cut deep enough to draw blood and his fate would be seal. With a roar and rage he lashed out at the man and swung his blade at him. "Die!"

The wind choked the pool with sand as Quincy climbed out, covering her hindquarters in goopy, sticky red mud. Instantly, the rest of her hide was turned red by the blowing sand and the tiny grains stung her delicate nostrils and eyes. She pinned her ears against the wind, and went to Leandra. The white mare laid down behind her, blocking the wind and blowing sand as much as she could with the bulk of her body. Cautiously, she reached out with her mind. Leandra, are you alright? Can you hear us? Otto mentioned silver, and the kelpie looked down at the pendant that hung around her neck from Sinbad, but Otto had bounded away before she could bring it to his attention. It was their only piece of silver, and not even close to a weapon.

@Lioness075 @zCrookedz (edit)

Malachai was thankful for the wind barrier around them. He could see now, as small as the area was, it gave his honed reflexes more than enough time to react. "Thanks kid" he huffed as he swung the hammer at a head that poked it's way through the barrier. The force of the blow knocking it clean off it's shoulders, the body crumpled to the ground. He took a step forward, thrusting his hammer with 1 hand, hitting the next zombie with the top part of the hammer. He pulled the hammer back and it slid through his hand so that he could adjust his grip and hold it closer to the head as he stepped forward again with another blow. Mid stride he felt the pull of more magic, he smelled the death of new corpses closer than the others. By the time the next blow connected he was already hearing the dogs growling. Moments later he felt the wind barrier jerk suddenly and shift away from him as the dragon boy dodged a wolf attack. He turned in time to see the undead dog circling around to face the boy. The other two nearby. One coming towards him, the other making it's way behind the boy. He swung his arm, letting the hammer slide again, extending his grip he grabbed it near the bottom of the shaft. His swing connected with the attacking dog, knocking it to the side. Keeping the momentum he continued the swing bringing his arm around his head then out, releasing the large two handed hammer to fly head first towards the boy. With a thought he ignited the head with a green fire, as it passed the wind barrier it flared further to life, making the swirling air it passed through spark with fire briefly behind the dog as it sailed past them, through the other side and smashing into the dog behind his new companion as it leaped at his back. He hoped the boy could handle himself for a second longer as the second dog came rushing back at him from the side, followed by another more agile undead warrior."Not enough?" He asked jokingly as the adrenaline continued coursing through his body. Almost in an instant the hammer was back in his hands and he watched as his opponents both circled him.

@Peaceswore @SilverFlight

Kallin's voice came as a sudden realization. Silver, of course, the ancient enemy of the undead and vanquisher of vampires... but how on earth were they supposed to find silver items here during such a massive sandstorm? The task seemed as daunting as impossible.... still this might have been their only chance.

" Lend me thy sight. " the voice spoke, filling her with dread.

" What? " Nyr yelled out loud, clasping his hands in front of her mouth quickly.

" Lend me thy sight. " the voice repeated " I have seen the creation itself, a pitiful storm shan't stop me from finding the items thy friend requires. " feeling the hesitation within the raven girl it added calmly " Thou trust me not, a wise decision. But thou art powerless in such a harsh vortex of sand. Combine thy strength with mine - we shall see beyond sight. "

Nyr sighed then nodded. Immediately a dark haze filled her mind, not the overwhelming darkness she felt before - this time she WAS in control and she felt that she could banish the fiend whenever it overstepped its bounds, but it did not for the moment. When she opened her eyes she had to take a step back first in surprise. The entire world turned crimson red as her orbs were burning in hellish red fire... and it was as if the storm was not even present. She saw the malformed husks of the undead rising from the sand, approaching them and their allies fast, she could see the items they were looking for, she...

She felt an excruciating pain in her head.

" The unison is new to thee. " the voice said with a slight concern " Thou must be swift. "

Nyr nodded, looking at Kallin.

" There are silver weapons and items not far from us. " she spoke, a dark, deep voice speaking with her in unison as she did so. Her surprise was big but not great enough to not pay attention to the approaching forces. Hearing the moaning of the walking dead she unleashed a beam of pure darkness, knocking the approaching zombie back. She turned to Kallin and Luness and spoke. " Go, get the items, they are not far! We shall hold the undead back as long as we can. "

With that she surged with the ancient dark energy, blasting all that dared to approach them.

@SilverFlight @Lioness075

Arianne gathered her resolve as she finally vanquished her inner fears. She was not about to give up, not now when everything was in danger. With a battle cry she strengthened her will and channeled more power into her barrier. To her surprise the spell changed color as it grew in size - from the yellowish glow it turned to pale silver, enhancing its strength as it did. While she was joyful and happy about her triumph she saw Otto approaching and as fast as she was able she moved to him, climbing on his back while till maintaining the bubble of light.

As her playful, furry friend carried her she spotted two more caught in the storm, Quincy and Leandra, who were previously probably accompanied by Otto. Dismounting him she walked up to the four of them, now forcing the barrier to become even larger. She panted in exhaustion but kept the spell up regardless, looking at the faces of the others.

" Thank the light you are all right. " she gasped " I can... hold up this barrier for a bit but... you need to find that silver to deal with these... things. " turning her face to Leandra she looked at her worried but then her expression turned serious.

" Go, I shall watch over her. "

@zCrookedz @Flutterby @Lioness075

Users who are viewing this thread

Back