• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ~ FableWood ~ 2 slots have opened

Interested in being part of a fairytale?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SilverFlight

Tende altum, volare altius
Supporter

FableWood%20banner.jpg

As the light begins to fade, dappling the forest path before you something happens. The trees shift and shimmer, the birds silence their sunset melodies. Everything is still. You continue on, wary but not afraid, little known to you that you have left your world well behind, forfeit to destiny. You have entered a new world; the world of FableWood.

This is a land of fairy tales, of magic and mystery. The creatures of this land are of many shapes and minds, and not all are friendly. You quickly learn that there is something wrong with this new world; some parts seem solid, and real, others just shadows of what they should be. The world you have found is created from thoughts and dreams of humankind. Once, it was a full and prosperous land, but most children now do not listen to stories. They no longer know how to pretend, they do not become the heroes, or legends of their dreams. And slowly, very slowly…the beings of FableWood are forgotten.

FableWood has made one last plea for help. They have opened a portal to the human world in hopes of drawing in those who have forgotten the old tales. Perhaps if these youngsters see FableWood for themselves, they will not forget it so easily, and it would recover.

There are dangers however, that the good creatures of FableWood did not predict. Not all of its inhabitants wish their home to be restored. These dark forces will stop at nothing to kill the humans in FableWood, and watch the other fairy tales disappear forever.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/fablewood-1-slot-open.104846/

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds interesting and I would like to join, but I need more information about the rp.

That makes us 5, if you decide to join Mayumi. Should be enough to start.

I was thinking a casual prefix, the wood itself is only a small part of the world. Basically if its in a fairytale or a myth it can exist in FableWood, though I do have rules on playing gods or other omnipotent beings. Here is what I've written so far:

You can play a character from legend or fairytale or you can play one of the humans trapped in FableWood.

The residents of FableWood:

Can be anything you might encounter in a legend or fairytale. From elves to unicorns, princes or fairies to Cinderalla, Little Red Riding Hood, Puss in Boots, anything. Animal characters can take a human form if they so choose. Characters may not have the exact personalities they are given in the stories; a wolf could be good, a story hero could be bad, but all take their roles in the fables seriously, and most are proud of them. Some of them have magical abilities but none are immortal.

Humans:

Are from modern day and generally subject to complete mundanity: usually plugged into their ipods, tablets or phones for the majority of their waking life, though not all are like this. The behaviors they sometimes display are baffling to the creatures of FableWood. Little does either party know however that the humans hold much more power in Fablewood than anyone anticipated: Humans have the power to imagine great things, and in this new world, sometimes their imagination becomes reality. The power of imagination is a valuable gift and once mastered by a human it has the ability to enhance combative skills, allow them to manifest objects or summon the beings of Fablewod. They can start to use magic, healing and offensive spells. All of this with time though, at the beginning they are quite vulnerable.

The dark forces of FableWood:

The entities that have grown tired of being the dreams of humans and now want something more. They have discovered a spell that will enable them to transcend their world and invade the real one, but to do that the world of FableWood must disappear completely. Then the stories and legends will be completely forgotten and any that partake in the spell will be free to cross over. Those that do not, will fade away just like their world. These entities have also come up with ways to speed up the process, they have found methods of killing the good fable creatures and will stop at nothing to see the human intruders destroyed. They are cunning and relentless and they are growing stronger.

The mysteries of FableWood:

By day the forests seem perfectly normal, sunlight filters through emerald leaves as birdsong echoes about good strong trees. The towns and castles are all dwellings for the people of FableWood and many creatures dwell there too, but for some, the only solace is in the depths of the wood. The forest has many secrets, hidden tunnels and grottos, old cottages and ruins of ancient cities. Sometimes the trees and plants grow so big you feel as small as an insect. Sometimes the trees aren’t even trees, but are made of candy instead! You never know what you may find. To those who know even a handful of the mysteries, the forest can be paradise.

By night the forest holds even more wonder; fairy lights dance though mist and dew. Rare flowers bloom and glow and the more interesting fauna emerges. The night is warm and smells of blossom and fog and wet earth. FableWood can be a most beautiful place at night. The little towns and great castles are lit with warm hearths that offer comfort and safety.

There are darker places of the FableWood, because darkness too has its place in this land: Deep, murky swamps and tangled thorn forests. These particular places hold dangerous creatures: like man-eating plants, boggarts, wyverns and evil enchanters.

Weather is not seasonal, not does it have any particular pattern in FableWood. You could be walking down a path on a nice spring day and turn a corner into a snowbank. There could be iced ponds in the middle of a blooming thicket, or a group of trees that wanted to cover their part of the forest with golden leaves just after the snow had melted.

The ShadowWood.

The name given to the forgotten places of FableWood. These can appear anywhere and are growing. The trees are skeletons cloaked in dark mist. The inky black that hovers just at the edge of your vision seems almost tangible and a thick mist licks at your shoes as if it beckons you to be swallowed by it. Few good creatures of FableWood dare to enter these places. They can feel themselves begin to fade the moment they set foot in them. There are always stories of poor folk who go in that never come out again. The darker residents of FableWood often revel in these places of mist and shadow, and these too have their secrets.

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/fablewood.104846/

It is live.

The initial run was fantastic, now that some members have begun to post less I am looking for new members to come into the story. Please take a look at the overview and the updates page and let me know if you are interested in coming to FabelWood!

I have a character that I based off a fairy tale I created. Do the character have to be of known fairy tales?

They can be from any myth, fable or fairytale with an exception of gods, angels or demons, they are most often too powerful. Even if your character is inspired by a myth, that is ok, we have a spirit of vengence in play, no fairytales about them.

Special call for more beings of FableWood!

We need more magical beings to help protect our humans from the forces of evil.

sorry, thats what i call characters. I play alot of MMO's and thats what we call our different characters in my guild.

Now is the perfect time to join FableWood, our characters are fighting in a battle to save the castle that is the hub of all good forces in the land. Warriors have come from every corner to fight against the evil hoard that threatens to destroy Branbern and the humans it is protecting.

A special call for humans, we have 2 slots open this time and I am looking forward to seeing some new profiles!

BUMP

BUMP again.

We are indeed still looking, I am calling for human characters, but that does not mean I am not accepting other beings.

Still looking.

one more time?

I am placing a BUMP here because people need to check this RP out. Its a lot of fun and we have so many ideas for the future of it, i would be sad to see these ideas not come to fruition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back