• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ex's and Oh's - Characters

How should former couples be decided?

• Members choose their ex

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • RP creator chooses at random

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Either / no opinion

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Other
Here

Aato

Social(ly-inept) Butterfly

Character Forms

Everyone may now begin posting on the main thread and pairs have been made! Late sign-ups have been extended to 11pm Aug 7. Anyone who joins after the start day will just jump into the RP. Refer here for character guidelines and other RP info. Please question me if you need further assistance!

BASIC FORM

* = optional
Feel free to add anything.

IMG_9949_1024x1024.jpg

[image - realistic only (realistic drawings/avatars also accepted)]

BASICS
Full Name:
*Nickname:
Sex:
Age [20-30]:
Sexuality:
Hometown:

PERSONAL DETAILS
Appearance: (description [mainly things that can’t be seen]; picture welcome but not necessary)
Personality:
Likes (5+):
Dislikes (5+):
Quirks (3+):
History:

MISCELLANEOUS
*Theme Song:
*Other:

FORMER RELATIONSHIPS

Ollie ---> Andrée <--- Nixon
Lucas & Maryana
Theabella ---> Lance <--- Kari
Caimin & Savy

Due to the uneven number of members and sexualities, you'll notice that some of the ex pairings have been doubled. So, if your character's name is in the center with two others pointing to them, then both of those people have dated your character [ie. A > B < C, then A & C have dated B]. If you'd prefer to have your character be in the house without an ex, let me know and I'll arrange it as such.

Last edited:
Completed - Kari Johnson
> emotionally mature
> strong independent woman
> boss ass lawyer
> wears powersuits™
> New York gal
> secretly still wants some lovin’
> has a kid somewhere in the world that she put up for adoption when she was 17

name: kari johnson
nicknames: none really
orientation: bicurious, but all exes are male
hometown: manhattan, new york
birthplace: stamford, connecticut
coded by: lorde
appearance—

height: 5ft 5
weight: 129lbs
hair: dark brown
eyes: dark brown
body type: slim curvy
face claim: laura marano
Laura_Marano_61638.jpg

personality—

30602508_2039863352944585_1602757996729860096_n.jpg

32539251_1987731627964970_2828317723413446656_n.jpg

31906617_1993619784223510_4706520317957242880_n.jpg

32585587_1853140591414519_795084238461337600_n.jpg

> Horror Films
> Travelling
> Her Job
> Poke Bowls

Dislikes:
> Sexism
> Conservatives
> Being told what to do
> Hospitals
> Guns

Virtues:
> Confident
> Mature
> Honest

Vices:
> Blunt
> Bossy
> Selfish

Quirks:
> Prays when she’s scared
> Swears in Spanish
> Always has OJ after sex
in depth—
Kari was born in 1992 to and Sarah and Richard Johnson in Stamford, Connecticut. Her father a rich bank executive and her mother a socialite and philanthropist. Her childhood was pretty normal for a rich child - she saw her Spanish nanny more than her parents and was routinely dressed up and shown off at a variety of social functions. It was at one of these where she first met Ex #1 they were both young - just eleven but he represented adventure to her and she fell in love almost instantly. They wouldn’t start officially dating until she was thirteen but it beacame serious fast with the two of them plotting about running away together and - more realistically - dreaming about their home together after college.

It all changed however, when Kari fell pregnant. The pressure on the young pair proved to be too much and Ex #1 ultimately left her to deal with it on her own. Sixteen and pregnant right around when the first season of the show aired in 2009 Kari’s life changed hugely. Her parents strongly urged her to get an abortion; afraid of the impact being pregnant may have on Kari’s life - and their social status. Kari refused but compromised; giving her baby boy up for adoption. She didn’t want to jeopardise her future, or grow to resent her kid for stopping her from reaching her dreams. Her relationship with her parents became even more distant in the following years, with Kari struggling with depression and the lack of support her parents offered her. They paid for her to go to Columbia where she went to law school but her and her parents rarely talk anymore.

Kari met a Ex #2 not even a year after she had her kid, while she was studying at Columbia. He was kind and considerate, funny and patient. He was everything right and very little wrong. He loved her and she wanted to love him - and she would’ve if it had been a few years earlier or later; unfortunately her heart was still grieving after giving up her son and she was focussing on her work. The timing was the most tragic thing about their relationship and she wasn’t ready for love.

A couple years ago, while at the singles table at a wedding, Kari met her most recent ex - Ex #3. They ended up leaving the wedding together and having their own version of the wedding night at his place. It started out more as lust than love, two lonely people who just wanted to feel the touch of another human being, but as time went on Kari couldn’t help but develop feelings, falling in love with him and his little quirks - and she was sure the feeling had been mutual. They were toxic together, destructive and damaging to each other, yet they fell for each other. They moved in together not realising how manipulative he became around her and how about I’ve she was to him. Eventually, six months ago they ended things after a huge fight. Ex #3 got so frustrated that he nearly hit Kari - and only just managed to stop himself. After that they both realised how unhealthy they were together and mutually parted ways.

It’s been a few months since they broke up but Kari can’t help but crave someone else in her life. She likes to think of herself as a strong independent woman - and she is - but she still gets lonely, and she longs for someone to moan about her annoying clients to at the end of a long day at work.

relationships—

NAME HERE
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce semper efficitur mattis. Nam congue tincidunt massa. In vitae arcu ante. Suspendisse lacus nisi, ultricies facilisis tempor vitae, imperdiet ut mi. Duis iaculis finibus mauris, at volutpat elit consectetur a.

Last edited:
[class=xyz] padding: 7px; Height: 185px; Width: 150px; transition-duration: 0.5s; z-index:-1; color:transparent;[/class] [class name=xyz state=hover] background-color: whitesmoke; opacity:0.6; color:gray; width:190px; height:185px; [/class]
[div class=xyz]
[div class=xyz]
INTERACTIONS:
[/div]
[div class=xyz]
MENTIONS:
[/div]

Full Name: Theabella Baxter
Nickname: Thea, Bella
Sex: Female
Age]: 23
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Hometown: Manhattan, New York

Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Height/Weight: 5'4 / 135lbs
Appearance:
Thea is a little on the shorter side, with long dark hair and warm brown eyes. She has no tattoos, although she does want one, but has never been talked into it. She's got her earlobes pierced three times up, as well as an industrial bar in the left.

Personality:
+loyal
+brave
+passionate
-blunt
-impatient
-impulsive

Likes: singing; being active; long hair; sushi; those green and white mints
Dislikes: crocs; chocolate; being forced to do something; heights; bees
Quirks: usually has a ponytail holder around each wrist; tugs on her hair when anxious or embarrassed; loves humming to herself when working

History:
Thea's mom died when she was young, leaving behind her 3 children and husband. Thea's two siblings are brothers, both older than her. Since she was the only female left, Thea automatically took on a more motherly role, learning (when she was old enough) to cook and clean and take care of the maternal needs of her family. She's a very honest girl, but she has a way of telling you something that comes across as sweet-- usually. She loves listening to her friends and family and giving advice, but if you don't take her advice and do the stupid thing anyway, she can get angry.

In school, her grades were up and down, depending on her situation. She spends alot of time helping out others and if she does it too much, she forgets to take care of herself. She's been called the mother of her friend group, and she's the girl that will hold your hair back while you're puking at a party. She's fairly social, but moreso because she wants to enjoy her time with her friends rather than to get buck wild see stars drunk herself.

Code by apolla apolla

Last edited:

7QyemfVK.jpg

Lucas Wise

• Arsenii-Savitckii-Model-2015-Shoot-005.jpg
    Full Name:
    Lucas J. Wise
    Nickname:
    Luca
    Sex:
    Male
    Sexuality:
    Heterosexual
    Height:
    6'2"
    Hometown:
    Los Angeles, California

Last edited:
1533106183027.png

BASICS
Full Name:

Kameron Foley
*Nickname:
Kam or Kammy.
Sex:
Cis Female
Age [20-30]:
Sexuality:
Heterosexual
Hometown:
Ashland, Oregon

PERSONAL DETAILS
Appearance: (description [mainly things that can’t be seen]; picture welcome but not necessary)

Kameron's build isn't exactly large, but she isn't very petite either. She stands at 5'5" and has a pear-shaped body, everything below her waist significantly larger than her upper half. When it isn't up in a ponytail, her hair cascades down to the middle of her back in soft waves. Kameron's eyes are a deep, steel grey.
Personality:
Kameron is a rather kind, welcoming, and easygoing woman. She enjoys forming social and emotional connections with others, despite the fact that she can tend to be quiet and softspoken. If others need it, she will assist them in any way, shape, or form. Although she is quite helpful and kind to others, Kameron is not a doormat. She will be upfront with you and express her thoughts and feelings despite what other people might think.

Kameron always tries her best to keep a smile on everyone's face, no matter the situation, which can make her a bit of a goofball. As long as she can get you to laugh or cheer up, Kameron will be happy.
Likes (5+):
✧ Reading
✧ Writing
✧ Cracking jokes (mostly puns)
✧ Meeting new faces
✧ Dogs
✧ Oversized sweaters
✧ Indie music
Dislikes (5+):
✧ Untrustworthy people
✧ Being lied to
✧ Doing nothing
✧ Cold weather
✧ Dark chocolate
Quirks (3+):
✧ When nervous or uncomfortable, Kameron will chew on her bottom lip or the inside of her cheek.
✧ Kameron rarely wears her hair down. It is almost always up in a ponytail.
✧ Kameron usually carries a book around with her to read.
History:
Kameron grew up with only a mother, her father disappearing at an age too young for her to remember. They owned a small, antique bookstore wedged right in the middle of a busy street. It was quite well-known in their town, despite it's aged appearance in the exterior and interior. Kameron assisted her mother with the store, working there for about 6 years of her life.

Kameron adored reading, she would find whatever time she could during the day to pick up a book and delve into its story. Often, she'd immerse herself so deeply into a book, and end up finishing it in under a day. Some of her favorite genres are fiction, horror, and ironically, romance. Unlike some people, Kameron could say that she enjoyed her job and looked forward to working the bookstore in the early mornings. The idea of becoming a writer had always been in the back of her mind, but she had never acted upon it.

At age 23, Kameron met her soon-to-be ex, that she ultimately put her job and life on hold for. She trusted him very easily and believed that their relationship could get grow into something more, but it wasn't like those cheesy romance novels. Soon, disagreements began to spring up between them more often, usually ending with one of them distancing themselves from the other. The relationship was constantly on and off, and it wasn't healthy for either person. The two broke it off about a month after Kameron turned 24.

Kameron, although devastated and distressed, continued working at her mother's bookstore, until a few months later when she saw an ad for a certain reality TV show.
MISCELLANEOUS
*Theme Song:

Kodaline - All I Want
*Other:
Nope!

Last edited:

Savy

ana_d_armas-22

1bbe6b14367256d0b8a57beb2fda0d4d.gif

6e135ae4a33dbf1242bad782e01a1274.jpg

"I'm trying to save the world, but the world is punishing me for it."

Full Name : Savannah Angela Vance
Nicknames: Sav or Savy

Sexuality - Heteroflexible

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135 lbs

Eyes: Hazel

Piercings, Tattoo's, etc:
~ Foot tattoo: "My word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
~ Standard Ear Piercings

Job / Occupation: Actress

tumblr_p2ixfdHOwB1rmxa4zo8_540.png

Personality

Personality Goods:
~Patient & Tolerant
~Reliable
~Charismatic
~Altruistic

~Strong-Willed

Personality Bads:
~Ductile
~Naive
~Sensitive
~Overanalytical

~Moody

Fears:
  • Never making a difference/impact
  • Being alone
  • Humiliation past repair

Quirks/habits:
  • Has a habit of being bratty when upset.
  • Flares her nostrils when upset.
  • Gets stubborn when she's sad and holds her wrists.

ana_de_armas_12.jpg

Skills/talents: Film and Sound editing, Cinematography, Acting, Writing, Producing, Debating and Philosophy, First-Aid, Knowledgeable in Psychology and behavior, Great in persuasion, Speaks English, Italian, Spanish, and Japanese; Very Flexible; She can do advanced Yoga, She can whistle loud and in musical melody, Can recall an insane amount of shows and movies and their passages, She can also draw extremely well. Also from her days of playing soccer, she's quite a beast at it. She loves sports and knowledge of it. Great cook, and knows good cuisine, she's also into fitness and health.

Interests/Hobbies: Acting, Drawing, Writing, Working out, arguing (will not lose), reading, watching movies (loves horror), cooking, makeup, fashionista, playing video games, vlogging, dancing, exploring, kickboxing, making others laugh, going to comedy shows/clubs.

Likes: Film, Movies, Shows, Entertainment, Acting, Nightlife, Spiritualism, Wisdom, Fun environments, Intellect, Compassion, Animals, Music, Books, Exercising, Traveling, Philosophy, Psychology, Comedy, Creative arts, Fine Arts.

Dislikes: DISHONESTY, Disloyalty, Arrogance, Selfishness, Disrespect, Sudden change, Men who hit women, Boredom, Being forced to do something, Repeating herself.

33422ce78f5cd945ae15ca7f8ecf782c.jpg

Background

Bio:

" My name is Savannah, but my friends call me Savy, and I am 22 years of age and I'm from Palo Alto, California. I am an actress, entertainer, and also an independent fitness coach and trainer, writer, and producer. I guess I'm technically not super famous but I have a great following on Social Media. Uh I mainly started out doing skits and game streams on my YouTube channel until I realized I have my own unique personality and stories to tell. Now I do pretty much everything, vlogs, I act in short films and some extra roles, game stream, prank vids, you name it. On TOP of getting casting calls in the professional world. All my life I was that quiet kid in the class that secretly made straight A's and B's. I graduated from Stanford University a year ago. I'm one of those open heart type of people as opposed to having a selection of friends. I played soccer competitively growing up wanting to go to the majors one day, until I picked up writing and learned how natural I was at it. Then my dad dared me to enter a play just for fun, but it actually turned out pretty good because he nor anyone really knew my creativity as a young girl. I was 8 years old when I got my first modeling gig and since then it's been more of the same. I started out just a tomboy that took dance recitals and martial arts. When people see me they see someone who looks very fierce and bold, but really I'm just analyzing everything around me and thinking from an deeper level. I'm very thoughtful and nice, but I also know how to stand up for myself when it counts and can some off as a bleeding heart. I don't like to fight but I definitely will if pushed to that point. I love odd and deep things, I read and watch a lot constantly and combine that into my life experience to produce very interpersonal content. My main motto is 'Save The World, Make a Ripple, so the Waves will return in Tide.' Lately it seems like things have been to hectic or demanding for me to self-progress and grow and be a light in a dark and weary world. I'm just hoping that changes.

OH! I'm Italian and Hispanic ^_^ "

Other:
~ Her theme song would have to be Heathens by Twenty-One Pilots.

~ Sports a crazy fit bod under her seemingly slim curvy build.
~ She's been cast in a few extra roles, but her breakouts are rising roles in 13 Reasons Why, and an upcoming horror series by Guierllmo Del Toro.

tumblr_ozsf8sNJMr1qdvbhzo2_500.gif

Last edited:
wip
started off as a fitness instructor and dance teacher, got discovered as a model, aspiring actress
sweetheart
InsignificantRedBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_mnkbk04EQb1rubpqlo5_250.gif

ANDRÉE RENAUD

APPEARANCE: blonde, blue eyes, 5'6, little to no body or facial hair, an average build
HOMETOWN: chicago, illinois

ROMANCE + SEXUALITY: fluid (male lean)

MBTI: entj
PERSONALITY: very charming; fair-minded; always seeking to do “the right thing”; tends to have strong affectionate, sentimental streaks; despite his good looks, he has no interest in romance unless someone can truly swoon him over; natural born leader; not very naturally in tune with the feelings and reactions of others, has a hard time expressing feelings as well; may have explosive tempers when under stress; can come off as confrontational, argumentative, and intimidating.

LIKES: dogs, strawberry donuts, activism, chill music, weed, coloring books
DISLIKES: ignorance, itchy sweaters and blankets, chocolate, silence, cuddling when hot
QUIRKS: rolling a coin across knuckles, biting nails, chewing lip

BIOGRAPHY: grew up in a loving household. though poor, andrée's mother and father tried to give him as much as they could. even as a child he was assertive in what he wanted/needed and tried to acheive them. throughout highschool, he was always working and perservering so he could help out his parents in the future with a high paying job. he knew of their struggles and so he wanted to give them as much as they gave him as a child. he worked a few jobs and maintained a high gpa. he graduated and took a gap year to spend time raising money for further schooling. he now studies journalism, and is a field organizer for rallies, protests and campaigns.

PLAYLIST:
▪far too young to die - p!atd
▪a mirror without - royal wood
▪revolution radio - green day
▪the greatest - sia

FACECLAIM: aaron tveit

Last edited:
caimin.png
X
post by cainotsomini
Caimin Leo Matthews | CL, Cai
Male | 24 | Bisexual
6'3" | 65kg
Brown-Green Eyes | Brown-Blond Hair
Hartford, Connecticut

FC: Hansol Vernon Chwe
Theme; Lucky One, By EXO
basics
july 30th

post by cainotsomini
ISFP | Emotional | Heart | Aggressive

likes; music, camping, car rides, smoking, photo editing, dusk/dawn,, roller skating, dirt biking, video games, recreational drug use

dislikes; too talkative of people, spicy food, rules, drug abuse, math, gas prices, dancing, singing in front of others, public speaking.

quirks; talking in the third person, answers a question with 42 way to often, spouts about random facts no one truly cares for sometimes, randomly dances or raps around people he's comfortable with.
persona
july 26th

post by cainotsomini
CL was born and raised in Hartford CT, until High School where he moved city and state. Growing up his life was pretty easy, often found playing WoW or Starcraft and on Rare dates, Diablo III. Than he found League of Legends and spent a lot of time on that. As an only child he was a bit spoiled but still understood that not everyone was as fortunate as him to get everything they wanted growing up.

High changed just a bit.

CL seemed to fall into the usage of pot and often found himself higher than a kite on most days to just get by. At that point he wasn't very well liked, or found attractive. He was just the kind of dorky kid in the background who would rather be home playing his games or reading a book, writing or rapping than in class trying to do math or science. Being high just helped him survive the day and somehow actually have decent grades. Eventually he came to the conclusion that it helped him focus.

Currently He attends the University of Rochester, as a Music Major, with a Minor in Language. Along with running some social media accounts called cainotsomini, a play on his height, since he's 6'3", others think its him boasting about something else but its not. His medias follow his adventures as a music major and his photo editing. Sometimes with photos of travel and himself where he's now revived offers to model clothes which he's turned down a few times over, due to self-confidence issues he has.
biography
july 20th
friends!
X

relationships!
X
roxanne remura ▶
mother; good terms, thinks CL's a bit of a smartass, but they get along well

tyler matthews ▶
father; very solid and positive relation. CL has found trust for everything in his father and his father is proud of him.

savannah vance ▶
ex; questionable terms, not exactly good; but CL has mostly moved on.
gallery
X

code by pasta pasta

Last edited:
Lance Barnes

759971188837fcc404ab09b70810cb36.jpg
BASICS
Full Name: Lance Avery Barnes
Nickname: N/A
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Bisexual
Hometown: Austin, Texas

6cb50cae7d5283e22011bf006b850c95.jpg

PERSONAL DETAILS
Appearance: Lance is 6’4, broad-shouldered, and decently muscled. His chocolate brown eyes are framed by sculpted eyebrows that are a shade darker than his sandy hair. He rarely goes for the clean-shaven look, preferring a full shadow of facial hair. He wears black-rimmed reading glasses; although sometimes he will also just wear them for the aesthetic. He has no piercings, only a tattoo on his right side, and a wolf tattoo on his left shoulder blade.
His style is very modern and sleek, but he isn’t much of a full suit guy. Much of his casual wardrobe is either workout clothes or leather jackets over a collarless shirt. His hair is usually effortlessly tousled, unless he is trying to make a good impression, in which case he will carefully style it. He has a wood-bead bracelet that he almost always uses to accent his casual outfits.
Virtues:
~Committed~
~Self assured~
~Intelligent~
Vices:
-Reckless-
-Cynical-
-Stubborn-
Likes: Hot beverages, adrenaline sports, animals, the quiet solitude of night-time after a busy day, the hottest months of summer and the coldest months of winter
Dislikes: People who take offense easily, mundane routines, feeling invisible in a crowded room, being smothered // held back, all insects except for spiders
Quirks: Often puts things in his mouth, like pens // pencils or the arms of his glasses, while he is bored or deep in thought
Almost everything he says is intensely sarcastic or snarky and it gets worse when he feels confronted or criticized
He instantly turns into a child when he sees puppies or a playground
History: James and Cynthia Barnes were the ultimate power couple. Both were ambitious and driven, their strong personalities complimenting instead of clashing. They decided not to have kids until they were both satisfied with their careers and could dedicate more time to raising the children. Mother Nature thought that was funny.
Lance came two years after they had married, throwing their plans totally off track. They struggled for the first few years to juggle their individual careers and their son, but they were nothing if not adaptable.
Lance’s mother died when he was seven from a shocking plane crash that left his father lost and alone. James floundered as a single parent, often leaving the parenting up to whichever one of Lance’s teachers felt like dealing with the problem first. Lance developed a strong hatred for school and he began his class cutting career early.
After three miserable years of just getting by, James remarried to a woman with a young daughter. As is typical of the relationship between child and step-parent, Lance hated the woman, and she hated him. She hated him so much, in fact, that she nearly got James to send him to a boarding school. Luckily, her daughter loved Lance and he became a somewhat reluctant babysitter. Lance’s grades evened out and he suddenly realized that he was actually good at English.
When the wicked step-mother suddenly turned up pregnant with twins, Lance’s world flipped upside down. The house was always a mess and he felt more like an inconvenient outsider than part of the clan. He was almost relieved when his father decided to send him to boarding school after all. When he graduated a year later, he didn’t even bother going back home before he started college. Although he was hardly a star student, he managed to graduate with a degree in journalism. He moved around a lot over the following years until he found a steady job that convinced him to stay put for a while. At least, until the next thing entices him away.​

Nick%20Batman.jpg

MISCELLANEOUS
Theme Songs:

Last edited:

max.jpg

Name: Nixon Lemont
Sexuality: Pansexual Panromantic
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Bleach Blonde
Height/Weight: 5'5, 130 lbs
Body Type: Ectomorph
Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
Tattoos/Piercings/Etc.
79cd29fee1057a9feee77924abc7b0ec.jpg
f3b41d50a2fc623dc6ca0a8da8faffda.jpg
three-arrow-tattoos-on-side-neck.jpg

2. Theatre
3 Heights
4. Sense of Danger
5. Birds (Bird Watching)
6. Photography

Dislikes:
1. Parents
2. Caramel
3. Cuban Cigars
4. Gloating Rich People
Quirks:
1. He ALWAYS wears beach clothes. Never seen wearing clothes other then beachy-floral-esque.
2. Horrifying liar
3. He's always listening to music. (More than he listens to actual people...)
Personality:

Many people can say "Oh he's just some creepy kid that hangs out around pot stores and smokes whenever he can." There's really a lot more to him. Nixon's a sweet, introverted person who spends his time alone, away from people. His hobbies sometimes require a short conversation, but other than that Nixon enjoys his seclusion from the rest of the world. He's very relaxed all the time, and when It comes to something that emits exploring, curiosity, or even a hint of danger, he'll hunt for that sense of thrill. Essentially, he is a thrill seeker, a lover of the darkness, the danger. And he'll definitely try to throw that on other people, to get them out of their comfort zone.

Bio:
From a very young age, Nixon has had an obsession with the Ocean. His family had owned a beach house in Southern California from when he was a child. Every day, he would go to the beach and build sand castles, surf, and just collect sand dollars. One iconic piece of jewelry is sand dollar earrings that he almost wears every day. Nixon's family moved to Georgia because his Father had lost his job. Sunny California wasn't working well with the costs of living. Up until his high-school graduation, he lived in a tight apartment, his parents scraping together money in order to just pay for rent. After graduation, Nixon worked hard to get his own apartment, and build up his savings to go to a nearby community college. He has no plans at the moment, he's just doing his best to get the most amount of savings before having to spend it all for college.

Relationships:
N/A

Chance checked his phone, the light flashing on his face for a millisecond. Almost time to go, hopefully, Mom's alright with me going to this study group this time... He sat up from the couch, gathering his things into his messenger bag. He grabbed his hat and stepped to the door, writing a note on a sticky note and pasted it on the door. "I'll be back mom... Don't kill me." He hopped into his Mustang, an imported one from America, but now he's actually in America, so would this look normal? Worry struck his thoughts. Ever since what happened a few months ago... Scared him. He hated loud noises, and now. Trusting people is going to be a big issue. He pulled into the driveway, seeing another car already parked. Good. He thought some people are already here, glad the turn up is better than me and whoever is hosting this. He walked up to the front door, feeling awkward as he entered without permission, maybe this wasn't the right house. Paranoia set is as he walked inside, his hand slowly dragging to his back pocket of his tight pants. He saw a pink haired girl standing next to him. "A-Are you here for the study hall eh?" He said in his Canadian slang, trying to make conversation. He heard music flow through the walls, it was quite loud. He pulled out some earplugs, looking at them. I'd look really stupid with these in, it's probably just music for chores or something. I'll just throw them away in the garbage. He tensed up, The first American he's met, well, other than the grocery store bagger, was at a study hall. He fixed up his hat and shoved his hands in the pockets of his jeans.

Maryana

MAry3.0.jpg

Mary 1.jpg

Mary 2.png

mmmmmm.jpg

G E N E R A L

[ Name ]
Maryana Averal Starling

[ Nickname]
Mary

[ Sex ]
Female

[ Age ]

[ Sexuality ]
Heterosexual

[ Hometown ]
Denver, Colorado

A P P E A R A N C E

[ Hair ]
Mary's hair is pure black and is rather thick. Most of the times she just has it back in a pony tail since she doesn't want to deal with it.

[ Face ]
Mary has a soft heart shape face with freckles sprinkled all over her face.

[ Eyes ]
Mary has beautiful hazel-green eyes

[ Body ]
Mary has a rather slim frame but has a more prominent bust and bum but it fits into the rest of her body.

[ Height ]
5'7

[ Weight ]
145 lbs

[ Tattoos ]
Mary has one tattoo of a mountain range on her right forearm, to express her desire of traveling. Though she knows it was close to impossible to accomplish anytime soon.

[ Piercings ]
Mary has two piercings in each ear along with a belly button piercing

[ Faceclaim ]
Mia Alves

P E R S O N A

[ Overall Personality ]
+ Caring- Mary is a very caring person if someone shows her that they can be loyal
+ Determination- Mary has raised her son alone since she got pregnant at 16
+ Gentleness- Mary however she comes off to strangers has a rather gentle side
+ Honesty- Mary is always honest, even if it doesn't benefit the situation. She will always give the truth.
+ Humility- In her head, life really sucks and is hard with everyone on the same playing field. No one is better than someone else in her eyes.

- Moody- Mary can go from 100% to zero percent in a blink of an eye
- Bossy- Mary has her moments when she wants to micromanage, especially with her job
- Blunt- Mary can be blunt to the point of sounding harsh
- Guarded- To any new person she meets, she can be very off-putting or just not social at all
- Faithless- Mary is very much atheist since her life experiences make her believe strongly there is no god.

[ Likes ]
+ Coffee
+ Thunderstorms
+ Traveling
+ Acai Bowls
+ Alcohol

[ Dislikes ]
- Arrogance
- Artificially flavored strawberry drinks
- Classical Music
- Long work hours
- Crowded areas

[ Quirks ]
~ When she gets nervous, she will start to crack her knuckles
~ Mary has a dream catcher that she hangs on the wall over her bed and has always had one
~ Has a bad habit of slouching

B A C K G R O U N D

[ History ]
Maryana Averal Starling was born on one hot summer day to a mother that was nothing but loving and a father who could of cared less about her existence. Growing up wasn't exactly easy for the Starling family. Maryana was young when her father left the house and never returned, leaving her and her mom with little to no money and an apartment payment that was crippling with her mom only working at the roadside dinner off of 5th avenue as a waitress. Going through school, she would act out a lot, adding more stress to her mother's life but thats what she felt like she needed to do to get her mom's attention, otherwise she felt invisible. Being that young, she didn't know all that her mother really did for her.

While they did have their struggles with money, Maryana was still a happy kid, not knowing her situation would be different from anyone else's. It took until middle school for her to realize she was on one side of the coin. The girls that wore the nicer clothes and had smoother hair while hers would refuse to cooperate. She was an outcast through most of school, but she almost preferred to be on her own. It was simple and she never had to live up to the expectations of someone else. It was like that until he second year of high school and her whole life did a complete 360 when she got pregnant with her son, Noah. No matter what she did, she refused to drop out of school but she moved to homeschooling so she could take care of her son.

Money was even tighter and looking back she had no idea how she managed to get everything that she needed but she did somehow. Her mother was supportive through it all but Mary could tell she wanted something different for her. In her eyes, he was the best thing that had ever happened to her. When college hit, she went into a nursing program, not wanting to be stuck working at a diner like her mom, she wanted a different life for her son than she got. Noah grew up in what she saw was happy even if she struggled to balance school, home, and work but when Noah started school it made everything that much easier. She was happy now, even if she didn't show it all the time. Part of her still wishes things were easier but Mary saw it as making the best of what she had.

[ Writing Sample ]
Sakiya watched what happened, not being able to move, not even noticing how every other person around her had either been brutally killed or fled in fear for their lives. 'Run you idiot run!' Her mind screamed at her as she commanded her legs to move, yet, nothing happened. Maybe it was fear? Shock? Maybe she was just mesmerized by something so dark. No, this had to be some sort of dream, that stuff...that stuff was impossible. Wings? Ha this seemed to be a rather vivid dream. 'Wake up Sakiya, wake up!' her thoughts yelled at her but no, it didn't take a genius to realize this was reality. Then something else happened, “We were told you and Lucifer abandoned Hell” one of the creatures hissed with a venomous tone. There was someone else there, but he didn't seem to be caring what the creature said, one second he was there and then he was turned to what looked like dust, wait no, ash.
She could feel her heart drop as the words were spoken out loud to her. “You have seen things that should have never been witnessed by any human and now you will suffer the consequence of being forced to work beside me.” Her mouth had gone dry and she was at a loss for words. Everything around her almost seemed like a blur but this one guy was in perfect focus. No words came out. 'Ah come on are you seriously going to let some guy boss you around?' She thinks to herself, almost amused but her face showed nothing but terror. His voice alone made her shiver, it was way too dark, almost sounding rehearsed. His tone was laced with something else, maybe a threat? A threat of what? Somehow by some miracle, she found her voice again. "Excuse me?" she started taking a daring step closer to him, regaining her composure. "What did I exactly do to deserve a 'consequence'? Last time I checked, it wasn't illegal to simply walk down a street."
Sakiya really wasn't in the mood to deal with this guy's bullshit with whatever he was talking about. "Wait, you know what, great street performance. You will make it in hollywood big time. Here's a tip for next time, don't take the act so far." she said, her voice clearly showing a mix of trying to keep her temper, and sarcasm. She figured maybe it was all special effects? There was something odd about it, she knew for a fact but, she needed to get out of there one way or another. 'Confidence Sakiya' she thought to herself as she walked away with a purpose, not letting her steps falter in the slightest. Rolling her eyes slightly, she continues to walk, not daring to even glance behind her.

Mary 7.jpg

Mary 3.jpg

Mia 4.jpg

MMMMM.jpg

coding by @wxnderlusst

Last edited:
[class=openwindow] height:70vh; background:url('https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/compressed.photo.goodreads.com/hostedimages/1505868904i/23966389._SY540_.jpg'); background-size:fit; background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:1em; margin:auto;center; [/class] [class=openbutton] margin:auto;center; border:2px solid white; width:150px; padding:.2em; font-family:Unica One; font-size:4em; color:white; text-align:center; text-shadow: 1px 2px 0px #7b78a5; animation:{post_id}loop 2s linear infinite; cursor:pointer; [/class] [animation=loop] [keyframe=0]opacity:0.25[/keyframe] [keyframe=25]opacity:0.5[/keyframe] [keyframe=50]opacity:0.75[/keyframe] [keyframe=75]opacity:0.5[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]opacity:0.25[/keyframe] [/animation] [class=mainpage] height:70vh; padding:1em; overflow:hidden; overflow-y:scroll; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/74/3a/26/743a26da2b89f72198339ff19e0fea20.png'); background-size:fit; background-position:center; background-lock:fixed; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:auto;center; font-family:Karla; font-size:0.9em; color:black; text-align:center; [/class] [class=closebutton] font-size:2em; width:10px; cursor:pointer; position:absolute; [/class] [script class=none] hide mainpage hide closebutton [/script] [script class=openbutton on=click] slideUp 500 openwindow show mainpage show closebutton hide openbutton [/script] [script class=closebutton on=click] slideDown 500 openwindow hide closebutton hide mainpage fadeIn 500 openbutton [/script] [class=textbox] margin:auto;center; background:white; opacity:0.9; width:80%; [/class]

[div class=openwindow]

[div class=openbutton]OLLIE
[/div][div class=mainpage][div class=closebutton][/div]
DKXiNc7XkAAsLpI.jpg

[div class=textbox]
basics

Full Name: Oliver James Marlowe
Nickname(s): Ollie
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Homosexual
Hometown: Guildford, Surrey (UK)

[/div]

[div class=textbox]
appearance

Height: 173cm
Weight: 74kg
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Body Type: Toned, lean muscle though not overly buff

[/div]

[div class=textbox]
personality

- Dark chocolate
- Dogs
- Being active and keeping fit
- Rainy days

DISLIKES:
- Cats
- Coffee
- Injections
- Muggy heat
- Being woken up early

QUIRKS:
- Likes to crack his finger joints
- Has a tendency to run his fingers through his hair when he’s nervous
- Has a – very British – habit of constantly apologising

Oliver is a fairly laid-back kind of guy who is always up for a bit of light-hearted, sarcastic banter. He’s quite the balanced individual; he isn’t a big fan of the spotlight but he’s not a socially inept wallflower either, instead, he sits comfortably in the middle as an ambivert. He usually finds it easy to maintain the flow of a conversation, making him pretty open and easy to talk to, but Ollie also values his quiet time to himself as too much socialising in one day is mentally exhausting for him. Oliver is a big follower of his head rather than his heart, which sometimes makes his view of the world rather jaded and almost pessimistic to a certain degree – however, this is more of a method that helps him to distance himself from his unreliable emotions as he’s secretly terrified of experiencing and causing emotional heartbreak. It’s debatable whether this is a positive aspect of his personality or not, but Ollie is a very straightforward person, so there’ll be no problem with him beating around the bush with people; if he has a problem with someone then he’ll say it to their face and he definitely doesn’t mince his words either so beware of that sharp tongue.

[/div]

[div class=textbox]
history

Oliver grew up as an only child and was raised by his single mother who did her best to juggle between her multiple jobs and her new role as a parent. Whilst they didn’t live the most luxurious life the pair managed just fine and the most important thing was that they had each other. In his childhood, Ollie was a confident kid with a lot of pep in his step, but he soon reached a turning point when he was fourteen years old. His grades were fine, but he was struggling to cope in the social spectrum and things definitely took a nosedive when he realised that whilst his peers were drooling over girls, his heard turned the other direction.

As a teenager, you do a lot of stupid things and one of Ollie’s biggest regrets was him trying to ignore how he felt and pretend to be “normal.” Hardening his resolve, Oliver went on his self-made ‘Quest to Fit In’ and his game of pretend was going well… until it went over the line. Somehow, in the midst of all those teenage hormones and childish naivete, he ended up with a girlfriend and not once in the four years that they dated did he muster up the courage to end it or to come out of the closet that he’d locked himself in. Well, in the end, he hadn’t needed to tell her because she found out when they went to a house party that someone had thrown in celebration of A-Levels finally finishing. Oliver had never really been able to handle drinking and the last thing he could remember from that night was taking a shot of vodka… until his social media blew up the day after. It was the same video being sent again and again, one of him wrapped up in an unknown guy’s arms. It’s safe to say that Ollie and his (ex) girlfriend didn’t end on good terms.

He was fortunate in the sense that he was moving to the other side of the country for university, somewhere he could have a fresh start and finally be open. He left his stupid, teenaged mistakes behind him as he entered adulthood and on the plus side, his mother had met someone on the internet from the United States and they married, his mother deciding to settle over there with her husband. Once Oliver had finished his Biology degree, he applied for a job in the States at a research institute. After all that drama you would’ve thought that he wanted to live a quiet life after that… maybe he shouldn’t have accepted that dare on applying to be on a reality TV show…

[/div]
[/div][/div]
code by Ri.a

Sorry, I hope this is fine. You can probably tell that I'm in a bit of a rush ^^;
Let me know if there's anything that needs more fleshing out, it'll be fixed along with any typos when I get home

Users who are viewing this thread

Back