• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Exploration! Discovering the Base of Questions.

Zaltusinel

Novelist and Word Whisperer
download (5).jpg
Dear Roleplayers and Writers,

I would like to propose to you an idea for a more "off the beaten path" of a roleplay. While in its early stages in development, this roleplay would consist of a cast of characters on the mission to answer the galaxies major questions such as "What is evil?". My visions for this would be a vivid and vast world that I and the interested players build together. Roleplay, I believe, is a cooperative experience and players should have some say in the world they play in. With science, research, and the full compliment of the final frontier in one roleplay. I intend this to be a science based roleplay, yet I am open to artists and other characters of different roles. This gives more authenticity to the roleplay. For a early basis, here is a bullet list of the major highlights so far planned.

• Research based roleplay with wicked adventure
  • Thought provoking questions that naturally drive the imagination of the characters, players, and myself
  • A New World to create and explore together
  • Conflict with rival groups or factions for various reasons through various means
  • Flexibility for the player to let loose their imagination and be what they seek
  • In character discussion and possible out of character discussion of the questions presented
  • Questions be voted on by all players. I will not set them, yet I'll provide some when we run out.
Please keep in mind that this is in its early stages and all along the way I am open to ideas and any point of view. So if you have any suggestions, please comment below and indicate your interest.

P.S. If you are looking for a Character Sheet, I have many options for the basic template. However, I encourage players to develop their character as far as possible so they can flow with the flexibility of this roleplay. I am open to any character and wish some very creative results.

In best regards,
Zaltusinel.

Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman Correct, this roleplay will mostly be involved in some sort of pioneering. Either it be in a lab in known space or deep into uncharted territory. The path is to the players to decide.

Interested! Reminds me of Star Trek, but with a more ambiguous morality. How detailed were you looking for this RP to be? And with how many people?

avira avira This roleplay will be detailed. However, I do not expect you to write two pages after every post because some instances I couldn't. I would expect at least four people for a research team and this roleplay could hold a multitude of people for other roles they may desire. I am very open to anything as long as the main crew is complete.
Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman All kinds of roles from engineers, scientists, outlaws, aliens, etc. Once a basic science team is formed, the floor is open for everyone else.

UPDATEA science fiction world set three thousand years in the future.
----------

Lore Segment:

Transmission frequency alpha-number 20-Lo-7 at 56 percent.

Hello Operators, I am Cortexa Tinuin. I found this message in your inbox. Read carefully.
*Wink*
Oh and please excuse my {ERROR}'s, the message was corrupted when it hit the ship's Umbra drive.
The assignment will begin on Osira, a fringeworld on the edge of Euyrote Space. Osira is an ocean world in a binary system known for frontier colonization and exploration. However, many scientists come to Osira for contact with the frontiersmen. The oceans of Osira hold properties to suspend animation and preserve specimens, allowing for easier artifact storage.

Name: Osira Size: 2x Earth
-
Shorthand description: Oceanic
-
Specialization: Frontier
-
Population: 2 million
-
Loyality: Euyroté Technocracy with 45 percent loyalty.
-------------------
The knowledge of the world is divided into clusters called Ravens, as all knowledge comes from the unknown. Each Raven has four limbs; two wings and two talons. A wing represents a civilian sector while a talon represents a military one. There are Gold and Silver Classifications for recruit grade and appropriations based upon real world tests of skill and merit, not power. Each test is conducted blind and all tests were developed by Astrotech. They claim it is unbiased, yet is it? What is bias?

The scientific community has a multitude of tools at their call of their will from the multitude of corporations. From levitating objects to editing atoms and quirks. There are four famous companies, yet they are not alone. {ERROR}, {ERROR}, {ERROR}, and Astrotech! The most famous tool is the Gyromancer, a synthetic ball used to meld to objects so users can see all the parts and repair them all together in tune.

I first looked at this, and was very excited. An RP idea to explore a deep theme seriously and created a well-developed world for it? Amazing! And really, those goals may or may not be lived up to in this. But, for the GM´s consideration, I do want to leave this comment expressing what killed my interest in this already hard to follow through yet impressive idea.

This:
  • Conflict with rival groups or factions for various reasons through various means
  • Flexibility for the player to let loose their imagination and be what they seek

that is that killed the hype for me. The second that this is there, the roleplay goes from a drived story to a sandbox based on rivalries more so than internal struggles. Again, this may not be the universal case, but these statements do show it as a part of the appeal of the roleplay. However they are contraditory to the goal and invite unrestricted ideas that dwell on extremely basic forms of conflict and expression of the discussion- hardly appropriate for the depth of discussion that created my hype in the first place.

So, while I am not gonna be joining this roleplay myself, I hope that this information and my opinion are viewed and taken into consideration, and that they may help aid in the construction and perhaps success of this much needed, and amazing idea.

I first looked at this, and was very excited. An RP idea to explore a deep theme seriously and created a well-developed world for it? Amazing! And really, those goals may or may not be lived up to in this. But, for the GM´s consideration, I do want to leave this comment expressing what killed my interest in this already hard to follow through yet impressive idea.

This:

that is that killed the hype for me. The second that this is there, the roleplay goes from a drived story to a sandbox based on rivalries more so than internal struggles. Again, this may not be the universal case, but these statements do show it as a part of the appeal of the roleplay. However they are contradictory to the goal and invite unrestricted ideas that dwell on extremely basic forms of conflict and expression of the discussion- hardly appropriate for the depth of discussion that created my hype in the first place.

So, while I am not gonna be joining this roleplay myself, I hope that this information and my opinion are viewed and taken into consideration, and that they may help aid in the construction and perhaps success of this much needed, and amazing idea.

Thanks for your response! As it is a flexible roleplay, I was aiming for players to have more freedom in their responses. However, I understand the danger in those two statements, so in aid of clarifying everything, your fears will never come to reality. This roleplay focuses on internal conflict through a character's beliefs, but to rule out an external force would be slightly unrealistic. This roleplay intends to feel more like the voyages of the USS Enterprise, yet with more of a science basis. The trite ideas introduced in surface conflict will be suppressed. There will be natives in some areas, other corporations/organizations for the same goals etc. The intend is to provide a clever background to enrich and move the internal struggle within. For those who know Undertale, every person has Frisk and Chara. It matters, inside of you, who wins. I want to say again that your comment is appreciated and will be noted. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! :)

So... im interested. When do you think a thread will be up or is it up already. I'm lazy and skimmed through everything,

I'm very interested in this kind of roleplay. Has there been defined non-human species already?

Do you have an idea in mind of how long-term this roleplay will be? A month, several, or closer to a year?

Do you also have a planned date for the launch of this roleplay, or do you plan on waiting for more members?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back