[Exalted] Wish upon a Star

What type of Exalt do you wanna play?

• Infernals! Let's corrupt this world in our image!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon-Blooded! United we stand!

• Lunars! Let me bare my animal nature!

• Solar! gimme plain vanilla!

• Abyssals! Let's drown Creation in it's blood!

• Sidearls! We were never there, and you got no proof we did it!

• Total voters
Aye- especaily if there is a long term past-life relationship going on- the Infernal with Full Memory of it because of the Past Life background, and the Lunar having a decent rank in the Solar Bond...

It could be /very/ interesting, and tragic even- as many love stories are.

That said, the Yozi have learned the hard way that giving akuma urges that are too inflexible is a bad idea. Some are incredibly broad like "Promote the Interests of the Lintha"

Now, as Exthalion knows- I have a GSP Worked out, mostly... or I could make a Lunar.

I'm happy with either, really- but I do like Esbilon's idea. (Sorry about earlier mispelling.)...

Maybe the GSP's could end up going rouge, /for/ their Lunar Mates.... and then some disturbing "Lets replace the Yozi's" Primordial Devil Tiger scheme late game, or...

I has too many Ideas, and I'm not the GM, so I'll shut up. 'Sides, these are the kinda things we end up with in RP.

I was thinking "Love, Honor, and Obey your Infernal Mate", but that works too.

Even "Do what you want" would technically be valid, but I don't think the Yozi would ever implant that one.

Exthalion said:
I was thinking "Love, Honor, and Obey your Infernal Mate", but that works too.
I was thinking something along those lines at first, but that doesn't seem very interesting to play for the lunar.

Exthalion said:
Even "Do what you want" would technically be valid, but I don't think the Yozi would ever implant that one.
"What you want" generally means "follow your motivation," but akumas don't have those. This means that with such an urge (at least according to my reading), the akuma would be completely aimless, unable to form large scale plans, unable to really do anything, since he lacks the ability to passionately pursue a goal.

Esbilon said:
Vitriolic Dragons, Rider of the Apocalypse and To Malfeas with It all sound good to me. Perhaps one of the two former to start, and then fading over to the other once it's clear that the Infernal deal isn't as good as we'd been led to believe.
Same here.

As for akuma and urges... yeah, the only way to change them once they're implanted is to re-do the whole Investiture. Which is pretty difficult, since the current Urge will resist being changed in most cases. So a broad Urge is good for akuma.

Have a Scourge in the works (with a Cecelynian or SHLiHN Urge) that can be made to fit any of the themes, although I'd be interested in eventually going To Malfeas With It.

Although admittedly Akuma have the short end of the stick regarding free will, ad thus not the best option to play for long term games, I have an idea and suggestion for both players and ST that if popular, we might be able to use and or tweak for our enjoyment.

What if all the Akuma characters in game are Akuma that have already fulfilled their Urges? The book doesn't go into much detail about them, except that they don't go mad as those that find their Urges impossible to accomplish, and are willing to undergo another Investiture so they can be re-written and given a new Urge. But what if they reached a blissful nirvana like state of mind that left them apparently "motivationless" for dozens of years, that is until the birth of the Green Sun Princes. The moment of their conception and appearance in Hell/Creation initiated something hidden within those Akuma, a spark able to reignite the fuel that is their willpower, as Avatars of the Yozis they command the powers and authority of their broken Primordial masters, but as history has shown us many times already, the Exalted shards defy the rules and laws of the Universe with their power of awesomeness, and the fulfilled Akuma find themselves regaining their twisted will alongside the presence of the new rulers of Hell.

Mechanically, this would mean that the players could rewrite their own Urges as long as they are tied to the GSP in some way, wether it's a similarity of goals of a particular GSP, or a sympathy to GSP's in general. It could also mean that the Akuma loses some of the benefits of his Akuma state, particularly the Demonic Patron background.

I'll admit that this idea fits the Lunar Akuma much better thematically than any other Akuma, but we could reason that due to a transposition of the laws in the Mandate of Heaven, both Sidereal and Terrestrial Akuma find their empty wills filled with appropriate motivations to work and or serve the rightful rulers of Cre- I mean, Hell.

Any thoughts?

An appealing notion. Not sure how much sense I think it makes, but enough to suspend my disbelief.

We have to conquer them first. When Ligier kowtows at our passing I think we can safely say we rule hell. Only when Sol does the same will we rule Creation.

Well then.

We'll conquer hell first- Creation Later.

Then we'll make it better, and unite it, then wage war against the Fairfolk with our Utopia.

SephirothSage said:
Well then.
We'll conquer hell first- Creation Later.

Then we'll make it better, and unite it, then wage war against the Fairfolk with our Utopia.
I don't know, the conquering could be a lot of work. Perhaps we should take our leisure for a while at the Games of Divinity. You know, just to refresh ourselves from our labor.

As for Akuma I like Lord-Leafa idea of ompleting motivation is excellent moment for stealing akuma from Yozi. So it would give even rebellious GSP incentive to work with Akuma to put him into state vulnerable to 'snaching' from their Yozi master. Of course act of stealing Akuma especially Celestial one will draw anger of Yozi master so it will be good starting point for rebellion.

Still I see small problem with so many Lunar/celestial Akuma ... namely plausibility .. how many Lunar Akuma are there? it's quite lot if it's one for each GSP and then each of them being their lunar mate ... But what if GSP were responsible for that ? Say they got hit with Urge: find and corrupt( into Akumahood for your patron Yozi) your lunar mate? An then succeeded: sweettalked or just gave choice death or becoming akuma. Then vivid first age memories could be reason/one of reason pushing GSP into attempt to save (without kiling) corrupted mate. Similar reasoning could be applied to anyone GSP holds dear: they betray him offering it to yozi as akuma and then try to undo that .. even gods could follow those lines by being corrupted/adopted as Demons/Yoma.

This could easily explain abundance of akuma in the party and be basic for them possessing compatible (with GSP) urges.

As for conquering Malfeas I'm against it beacouse of thematic reasons: it's more diificult than conquering creation, it reeks redoing original usurpation. But reaching some kind of understanding with Yozi and co-opting them to emerging new order (and then discovering unforeseen consequences) is fair game.

[QUOTE="Lord-Leafar]Heh, good luck with that one.

[/QUOTE]
Yes it would be unlikely(to put it mildly) , but as rebelling GSP we would have freedom , Yozi so desperately desire and we could accommodate Yozi to some degree(it would be borderline stupid/desperate to set them free assuming i would be possible), so we could hope to have some cooperation on our terms not theirs.

Of course it's just idea of an idea since I don't know how we could increase freedom of Yozi and not to set them free.

But freedom and some elements of freedom could be key to making Yozi to help us since to them it would be like reclamation lite.

Of course all of this can be well crafted con :)

Also we could make Yozi notice us as persons like them once as DT we become more like them but that may be false premise Yozi are capable of at limited cooperation at least among themselves so maybe presenting ourselves as one of them isn't necessary. Still some form of carrot would be need and big stick.

I'm game with whatever, but since I'm more and more feeling like playing a Fiend, Vitriolic Dragons sounds like the one where I could really play around with social magic.

If we go with Riders of the Apocalypese, my original intent, should the players decide to rebel, was that the GSPs would somehow find a way to 'redirect' the Lunars' Urge. I would not be easy, granted, but it might be ne of the times where the GSPs, using Heretic Charms, transcend the Yozi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back