[Exalted] Wish upon a Star

What type of Exalt do you wanna play?

• Infernals! Let's corrupt this world in our image!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon-Blooded! United we stand!

• Lunars! Let me bare my animal nature!

• Solar! gimme plain vanilla!

• Abyssals! Let's drown Creation in it's blood!

• Sidearls! We were never there, and you got no proof we did it!

• Total voters
I wouldn't mind making an Akuma paired to another GSP. And at the same time I would prefer to have a trustworthy bodyguard in case I go with a completely social character.

Akuma companions sound great, but I'm not sure if it can be only Akuma, ordinary exalt, Demon of Second Circle or even God may be acceptable. All what would be needed would be willingness to work with GSP.

I wouldn't mind to play 'lesser' being helping great GSP(of other player) along with palying main GSP

Ars Magica's system of Magi and Companions is one of my favorites. That said, even playing just one character (with or as a Companion-to-a-GSP) would be fine with me. I'll even throw my hat into the companion-y ring. A Lunar mate to a GSP certainly could be tons of fun, too. Akuma are somewhat meh to me as characters in general (losing free will kinda sucks), but in a game like this I think it could be fun (and minimally frustrating, playing a character without their own agency). Or, heck, part of me is wondering what sort of crazy, tragic, or misguided (or some combination of the three) Lunar might work with their now-Infernal mate even without being an Akuma.

I've already got a GSP- but if someone wants an Companion type Charachter (And the GM Aproves of said thing) I'd love to be such.

That being said- we may have too many players as is for everyone to make 2.

I'm making one chara. That's it. Any more than that is asking for a lack of a character at all from me. Oo I'll simply crash from the effort.

Regardless, I haven't even edited Syrenica's original backstory so there is potential for ties here and there.

Ok, here are some options for an Infernal Game:

Vitriolic Dragons - A group of Infernals, and DB Akuma set out to corrupt and control small nations run by DBs, as a prelude to take over the Realm.

Riders of the Apocalypse - A group fo Infernals, an their Akuma Lunar mates, are sent out to bring about the end to the Gods.

Champions of Malfeas - A group of only Infernals set out to make Creation a part of Hell.

To Malfeas with it - A group of Infernals, and possibly some Akuma, hell bent on flipping a finger to the Yozi.

The Vengeful Mothers - All Infernals/Akuma must have Cecelyne, SWLihN, Adorjan, or Kimbery as either favored or patron.

I still need to look over the Isidoros and Metagaos charmsets, but if I decide to adopt one or more of them, I'll add more options.

We can always mix and match some of these concepts. For example, we might mix up "Riders of the Apocalypse" with "To Malfeas with it", and "Vengeful Mothers", to create a truly vengeful story...

Vitriolic Dragons, Rider of the Apocalypse and To Malfeas with It all sound good to me. Perhaps one of the two former to start, and then fading over to the other once it's clear that the Infernal deal isn't as good as we'd been led to believe.

Any of them sound interesting, but I am fairly certain that Champion's of Malfeas wouldn't be stable for very long and The Vengeful Mothers would almost happen by itself. Riders of the Apocalypse feels like it would edge toward Return of the Scarlet Empress territory if only because the end goal is a War on Heaven.

I honestly like all the ideas, but if I had to rank them in order of preference I would probably like Vitriolic Dragons, Riders of the Apocalypse, To Malfeas With It, Champions of Malfeas and The Vengeful Mothers.

I personally prefer either Vitriolic Dragons or To Malfeas with it. The others are fine, though I'm not really interested in The Vengeful Mothers.

Vitriolic Dragons appeals to me the most. Corrupting a country or two from under the noses of the dragonblooded sounds like an interesting challenge.

For what its worth, I love infrastructure. I don't care how many demons I have to melt, there will be magic streets that let cars fly!

They all sound interesting for one reason or another...

Vengeful Mothers sounds more like an incidental theme, rather than a concept/story... but maybe you've got something nice under your hat for it. That said, I'm very likely to end up picking one of them anyway...

To Malfeas With It might be interesting... but I'll admit that Devil Tiger possibilities are about the only thing really pulling at me from that angle. We would need a nice little plot-excuse for why Akuma are even capable of defying the Yozi, though. (not that that would be terribly hard to do)

Vitriolic Dragons offers lots of fun possibilities with Dragonblooded culture (something I always loved), but I do worry about how much a DB, Akuma or not, might be able to keep up with (or keep it interesting with) GSPs. That said, I haven't really read the Akuma rules for... over a year, so maybe they scale much better than I'm thinking. (And, to be clear, I don't mean that they need to scale identically. Ars Magica's Magi are much more powerful, in many ways, than their Companions, but the game mechanics and style allow the Companions to take the forefront of a great many sections of the game {since magi can't interact with mundanes easily}. I'm just worried that our "Companions" might end up being minions to just be commanded around without real interaction/roleplaying opportunity.)

That said... my order is probably Riders of the Apocalypse, then Champions of Malfeas tied with Vitriolic Dragons, then To Malfeas With It. But, again, I'd probably be happy with any of them.

I as well like these ideas cool all of them but as lean with these as my top likes: Riders of Apocalypse (Darksiders!!) xD and Vitrolic Dragons.

With that said any of them work for me, but I do like the sounds of those two more.

Hmm..

I'm strongly attracted to 'To Malfeas with it' with it's Devil Tigers potential (witch i like for it's aspect of making customized monster) with is more like middle/late game where becoming DT would be just act of final rebellion.

Others are nice and I see as good starting point before disillusionment/conflict of interest with Malfeas hierarchy sets in.

Out of them I'm most intrigued by 'The Vengeful Mothers' since it would give all our PC common frame of reference but it should require some kind of pact among player not use personality altering charms in order to put PC in negative emotional context or some kind agreed upon code of conduct between players(what we can and what we can't do). Otherwise I'm afraid PC vs PC conflict could become main theme. Anyway this theme doesn't set common goal but I see it can be easily mixed with any other theme

After that 'Riders of the Apocalypse' have some appeal.

To Malfeas with it and Riders of the Apocalypse- possibly with us not /starting/ as rebellious- but.. Lunar Mate Bond, and us becoming Primordials, may lead to a defiler or two among us figuring a way out of the Akuma thing linked to that- possibly simply shifting the loyalty bond to us, instead of the Yozi.

Akuma do not, canonically, have a "loyalty bond." They have an Urge which is made part of them when they are Invested, where the Yozi can also change anything else they like. Even the Yozis do not posses the power to change or gainsay an akuma's Urge.

Ah. Frack. That kinda excludes any capability for rebellion....

Possibily just... /non/ Akuma Lunar Bond Mates? I mean.... akuma are kind of... dead ended, in terms of options for long term motivation- they dont seem to, as written, have any other than "What the Yozi's want me to do."

Akuma stories can be interesting. Their reasons for accepting the Investiture, their reaction upon having received it, and their reaction to fulfilling their urge are all very interesting to me. But they do not appeal to me as characters for a long running campaign, though to be fair, I have yet to be in a long running pbp campaign.

Non-akuma Lunar Mates are much more interesting, and they can well have good reasons to be infernalists regardless of being bound to a Green Sun Prince.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back