[Exalted] Wish upon a Star

What type of Exalt do you wanna play?

• Infernals! Let's corrupt this world in our image!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dragon-Blooded! United we stand!

• Lunars! Let me bare my animal nature!

• Solar! gimme plain vanilla!

• Abyssals! Let's drown Creation in it's blood!

• Sidearls! We were never there, and you got no proof we did it!

• Total voters

Red Shadow Claws

Six Thousand Club
My Silver Surfers game goes well, for now, and I am thinking about maybe starting another Exalted game. I consider myself a decent ST, and can run games for most Exalt types, except Alchemicals. (Sorry, but I never got hooked up on them, and never quite understood all their inner workings)

So, show me your most favored Exalt, or the one you most like to play as, and we'll take it from there...

BTW, you all have only 7 days to vote... So only till next Saturnday...

I think I have the time for playing in two games, and I wanted to try out Infernals ever since I learned about them.

Renegade Abyssals, Solars, or Terrestrials, probably. I sort of like lunar lore but I hate their implementation.

Infernals are the least interesting of the splats to me. There doesn't seem to be anything redeemable or fun about them.

I am in a game where all of the above exist in the main party.

Unfortunately, I already am in two games.

Here at least

we shall be free; the Almighty hath not built

Here for his envy, will not drive us hence:

Here we may reign secure, and in my choice

to reign is worth ambition though in Hell:

Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Infernal. If you were using the Terrifying Argent Witch rewrite, I'd say Lunars, but that looks like canon ones. If we do go GSP, I'd like to take a break from my run of Malfeas/SWLiHN... would it be loyalists, or rebels to start with?

Solars and Terrestrials are acceptable to me, as well.

I'll pass on Sids or Abyssals.

Infernals is my main choice, though I am partial to Solars and Abyssals. Or Fair Folk if I can get away with it. lol

Since the majority of people are voting for Infernals, I'll go with that as well, but I wouldn't mind an Abyssal/Solar game, and I would enjoy a Terrestrial game as well.

That said, I would really like to play a villainous game this time, so a Loyal Abyssal/Infernal game would definitely be my preference above everything else.

If it's villainous, count me out. I don't enjoy playing an asshole.

Which probably explains why I dislike Infernals so much.

Wow, gone for a few hours, and lots of activity here...

Ok, it looks like Infernals are winning this.

Let me try and answer some things. Infernals do not have to be bad, or villianous. Yes, that seems to be the predominant majority of them, but like Abyssals, they can rebel against their masters. In fact, they might find it easier to rebel, since the Yozi cannot really hunt them in Creation, and unlike the Neverborn, the most powerful servants of the Yozi, Third circle Demons, find it much harder to get into Creation than the Deathlords.

Now, as to whether an infernal game will be about rebels or loyalists, once we decide which Exalt type, I'll post another survey to give you guys a number of options on stories, and see which one you like.

Any Exalt type can be an asshole, it depends on how the player runs them.And likewise, every one of them can be a saint, if the player wishes to play them that way.

I can't get behind a character that has been mentally and physically remade into something that is fundamentally inhuman and evil. Dragon Bloods all the way, for all their faults they are still the Legion of 10,000 Dragons, they are the only exalts that reasonably work together, and they have a connection to Creation that the other exalts completely lack.

Exthalion said:
Why does Infernal Loyalism necessitate such behavior? It is possible that an Infernal could serve the Yozi out of a well reasoned sense of obligation. Perhaps they wish to rehabilitate them. Perhaps they believe that it was never humanity's right to do what they did. Heck, perhaps they see the horrible job that humans have done ruling the world and thing they were acting in the interests of Creation.
The Sidereals do terrible things for that last reason. If there is a fate error and someone who shouldn't exist comes into being they have to remove them.
The Sidereals do terrible things mostly because they were cursed to never second guess themselves by the dead creators of the entire physical universe. And since the Yozis take an active hand in reshaping the minds and bodies of the Infernals to their whim, ascribing them some sort of merely grudging or half assed service seems kind of far fetched. I know they have to leave the GSPs their free will and all, but they are free to remake the mind that determines those choices as they will; why would any of them create a mind that doesn't synch up with their urges entirely?

Bromsy said:
The Sidereals do terrible things mostly because they were cursed to never second guess themselves by the dead creators of the entire physical universe. And since the Yozis take an active hand in reshaping the minds and bodies of the Infernals to their whim, ascribing them some sort of merely grudging or half assed service seems kind of far fetched. I know they have to leave the GSPs their free will and all, but they are free to remake the mind that determines those choices as they will; why would any of them create a mind that doesn't synch up with their urges entirely?
The real tragedy of Exalted is not the Great Curse, its that the Great Curse is not ultimately responsible for the most evil things that humans have done. The Sidereals have gods executed on trumped up charges because they need a new bracelet. Yet even more than that, they do horrible things because their job requires it. They end, ruin, and manipulate people's lives casually because that is what their bureaucratic overlords tell them to. Their overlords, which they will eventually become, tell them to do horrible things because they are so removed from humanity that they don't view mortals as people anymore.

They have forewarning on who is going to be in their little club and so they take the opportunity to bring up those children to be good fate-ninja/accountant/bureaucrats. Remind you of someone?

As for the Yozi, what would you consider the likelihood that anyone with Impervious Primacy Mantle is to accept orders from anyone? Or that an Exalt with Selfishness is Power will put the Yozi's interest above their own? Not all changes are in the Yozi's favor and the Yozi aren't the one's who pick what charms the Infernals pick up. More to the point, the Yozi cannot take an Infernal's Motivation away or change it. They also don't get to play around with their intimacies. Meaning that no matter how much they do, the Urge is never going to be more than equal with the Infernal's own goals.

Edit: Not trying to be antagonistic, I enjoy setting conversation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bromsy said:
No, no, bad! The Yozis do not have the freedom to re-write an Infernal's brain upon Exaltation. That's only akuma. Unless the player specifically desires otherwise, the only changes made to a Green Sun Prince's psyche are those specifically spelled out in his charms, Urge, and having an Unwoven Coadjutor.

Quite honestly, the Yozis themselves give their Infernals all the tools needed to rebel and overthrow them, Malfeas instills a hateful perspective on most things, how long until the hate for Malfeas itself grows enough for the Infernal to decide "screw Creation, and screw that fucking tortured Yozi, I should be the king of kings". SWLIHN is all about hierarchy, how long until Exalted are the obvious ones to be at the top of the Hierarchy and rule/control/enslave the Demon Realm, they defeated the Primordials after all, so there's that. And the Ebon Dragon? Too easy, selfishness trumps anyone else's gain, being a loyal servant works only as long as the benefits outweigh the drawbacks, but once that changes you'll see all those infernals pursuing their own agenda rather than the Yozis.

*considers reviving Syrenica (naga-like assasssin) or Tempesta (The builder of technological wonders).* We'll see how things work out for me and what direction is decided upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back