• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Exalted Third Edition: An-Teng

Maybe give the people until you get home from work wednesday to finish a character? I agree that we should get moving, but some people work very well when they suddenly have a deadline hanging over them.

Let's just get started then.

So as the intro states, each character finds his or herself at the City of the Steel Lotus. I think it'd help establish characters and backgrounds if each person filled in the gap of what circumstances or motives may have led them to the city.Let me know if you have any questions prior to posting.

I'm really sorry about all of this, just been working on the sheet on top of a week with the family and the lack of privacy. Working on it as we speak though.

Edit:

No, scratch that, I just spent half an hour just looking at the screen, wondering where I had left off and what my plans were for the guy.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out of this. I sincerely apologise for the long wait for nothing from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alrighty then, looks like I'm opening up room for some folks to join in.

By the way, I'm still cementing some plans, so pardon the delays in IC.

@Esbilon, why am I obviously not a Dynast? No mon, foreign style of dress?

Also, just so I know, are you openly carrying a Daiklave, or does it just look like a regular sword on your back?

Random Word] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/8432-esbilon/ said:
@Esbilon[/URL], why am I obviously not a Dynast? No mon, foreign style of dress?
Also, just so I know, are you openly carrying a Daiklave, or does it just look like a regular sword on your back?
Style of dress, ship appearance, lack of elemental effects.

It's the thin kind of Daiklave, so less obvious than a regular one, but it does not take an expert to see that it is no mere sword.

I figure my Daiklave's constant breeze and air manipulation effects make me a credible Air Aspect. I tried to mention that in descriptions.

Okay, if I bother to look carefully at it I'll assume you're a Terrestrial.

Tide has definite Realm features to the trained eye, she is technically a Dynast (well, a Nellens), she just is not a dragon blood.

@Sherwood ambidexterity was free for me,so it probably is for you as well. You must choose a cate ability as your supernal. Sadly this list does not include Thrown, only Athletics, Awareness, Dodge, In-vestigation, Larceny, Ride, Stealth, Socialize. If you want a direct combat supernal ability, you haveto play a Dawn Caste.

<grumble grumble> Still trying to get a handle on these changes for 3rd ed. The character was listed as a work in progress; it just needs some more work. lol

I think I have a finished sheet except for a few Intimacies that I still need to define. If @Rykon would kindly give me the ok to start, I'll begin to post in the IC thread.

You're clear to start. Couple of really minor things I noticed though. In book keeping you bought Stamina to 3, traits still shows 2. And I assume taking larceny to 4 is from 1 to 4 is listed at 8, should be 9, but you also paid 3 for ambidextrous which I can't expect an exalt to have to pay for such a merit.

Net observation seems to be in your favor at least.

Derp: just realized it's probably larceny 2-4.

Correct about the Larceny. I used the initial 28 points to buy it to 2, then used the bonus/xp points to raise it up to 4.

And I'll switch the points around for something in the Merits for the Ambidex points.

@vinom specialties are on/off now, they can't be stacked to 3. You also might want to pick up Flametongue, as it's the native language in An-Teng. Unless you knew that and intentionally sought language difficulties, in which case cool idea, carry on.

I love the little vignettes, but fuck that's a terrifying 6 year old. She knows the role of all the Exalted host in the usurpation and age of sorrows, including the Sidereals and the Infernals, but is still Lore 1, Occult 0? Little Beam doesn't even know Infernals exist, let alone the role they and Abyssals ought to play in Creation. Word of god says our Lore Supernal Twilight barely even knows Yozis exist, with most savants considering demons to be unrelated to the ancient primordials if they've heard anything about the primordials at all in 3e.

She was well into sword training and had studied with tutors on a wide variety of subjects by the age of four? Dynasts took her word for granted and allowed her, a barbarian peasant, to speak slander in their presence at the age of five?

I get that people who exalt are meant to be exceptional, and you're establishing that she's precocious, but this reads like she exalted at birth and has been a Solar pretending to be a god-blooded mortal for twelve years. She's going to be single-handedly turning the attention of the UCS back to Creation before she hits the age of majority. ( :P )

Random Word] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/8372-vinom/ said:
@vinom[/URL] specialties are on/off now, they can't be stacked to 3. You also might want to pick up Flametongue, as it's the native language in An-Teng. Unless you knew that and intentionally sought language difficulties, in which case cool idea, carry on.
I love the little vignettes, but fuck that's a terrifying 6 year old. She knows the role of all the Exalted host in the usurpation and age of sorrows, including the Sidereals and the Infernals, but is still Lore 1, Occult 0? Little Beam doesn't even know Infernals exist, let alone the role they and Abyssals ought to play in Creation. Word of god says our Lore Supernal Twilight barely even knows Yozis exist, with most savants considering demons to be unrelated to the ancient primordials if they've heard anything about the primordials at all in 3e.

She was well into sword training and had studied with tutors on a wide variety of subjects by the age of four? Dynasts took her word for granted and allowed her, a barbarian peasant, to speak slander in their presence at the age of five?

I get that people who exalt are meant to be exceptional, and you're establishing that she's precocious, but this reads like she exalted at birth and has been a Solar pretending to be a god-blooded mortal for twelve years. She's going to be single-handedly turning the attention of the UCS back to Creation before she hits the age of majority. ( :P )
I'll have to re-examine specialties, then.

It may be fair to say that you are getting the highlights of a long and spotted career as a wandering heroine.

Ah right, Flametongue... I'm going to need to learn that soon. She was planning on continuing one West, but will once again get her foot stuck in adventure sometime before that comes to fruition.

You are right, I am going to be bumping up Lore and Occult when I'm spending my bonus XP, just haven't gotten there yet, also need to rewrite that section, removed Abyssals and Infernals.

Even a Dynast looks bad decking a five year old... expecially while something more important is happening.

As for her being too potent at a young age, I pointedly remind you that her mother poured a literally ruinous fortune into a temple manse to Parad, Left Hand of Power, the god who precedes over inherited power. The one who measures out the natural gifts of Terrestrials and God-bloods alike.

I don't plan on doing that single handily, friends make things better.

I'll echo Random Word's comment about Aranni's Occult and Lore ratings, at least if she remembers the stories this weird golden dude told her half a lifetime ago. It sounds like at least a rating of 3 and a specialty in the Exalted to me.

Also, I really don't buy that her life wasn't meaningfully changed by Exalting. That's just contrary to everything Exaltation is about.

Last, Creation is huge. The East is the most populous Direction after the Blessed Isle, there is no way she wandered it thin, or became notorious across all of it at age 12.

Yeah, especially when you consider that the Blessed Isle is bigger than the continental United States. Big place.

Esbilon said:
I'll echo Random Word's comment about Aranni's Occult and Lore ratings, at least if she remembers the stories this weird golden dude told her half a lifetime ago. It sounds like at least a rating of 3 and a specialty in the Exalted to me.
Also, I really don't buy that her life wasn't meaningfully changed by Exalting. That's just contrary to everything Exaltation is about.

Last, Creation is huge. The East is the most populous Direction after the Blessed Isle, there is no way she wandered it thin, or became notorious across all of it at age 12.
While that might not be literally accurate, it is how things seem to her.

Just to confirm... the 60 XP from character creation doesn't make us all Essence 2, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back